Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
where is the 263 from? 22 MORE? BBC????

Ethiopia election rows resurface

Thousands were arrested during and after elections
Ethiopia's two main opposition parties have rejected the latest parliamentary election results, which have inched the ruling party nearer a majority of MPs.
Ethiopia's ruling coalition is now 11 seats short of a majority, according to officials results from disputed polls.

The opposition want the election body to be replaced and the 15 May polls re-run in almost 300 constituencies.

There have been more bomb attacks in the remote south-east Somali region in Ethiopia, which is voting next month.

In the latest incident a bomb was thrown into a hotel in the capital, Jigjiga; at least five people were wounded.

The attack follows Sunday's coordinated bombings in the area which left at least five people dead.

OFFICIAL RESULTS
EPRDF: 263
CUD: 108
UEDF: 51
Others: 35
21 Aug re-runs: 15
Still to vote: 23
Source: National Election Board

Police Commissioner Lt Ahmad Ali said the attacks are aimed at disrupting the 21 August elections where 23 seats are up for grabs.

Elections are also being repeated in 15 constituencies on that day.

So far in the 547-seat parliament, the ruling party has 263 seats, the opposition Coalition for Unity and Democracy 108 and the United Ethiopian Democratic Front 51.

Email: atulu@yahoo.com

City: Sheger

Re: where is the 263 from? 22 MORE? BBC????

Meriew

BBC IS THE ONE WHO SHOULD ANSWER FOR YOUR Qestion and see the link of that story for additional news. Sorry, on your part to leave the main part of news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4727619.stm

Sir,

Are you telling me I missed the NEWS? You referred the same story. My wonder was where are the 22 votes derived from? Currently, we had the 241+108+51+35=435 votes as per the NEBE record. Where did BBC got the additional 22 and brought the 241 to 263. Can you answer please? Thanks!!

Please refer to the following for the latest from the Election board website:
http://www.electionsethiopia.org/

SIR!

HAD I KNOWN THE ANSWER, I WOULD HAVE ANSWERED. BUT, I LEAVE UP TO YOU TO ASK BBC.

THANK YOU

Let me guess what they meant!! 241+8+8+3+three ones will make up 263 for EPRDF and its allies. While the remaining 108+51+two ones will constitute the remaining balance. The 22 addition has to be the allies voice counted twice in favor of EPRDF? May be? I wonder how there is no one at BBC to make this simple arthimetics?

MERIEW!

YOU WILL BE HIRE IN NO TIME AT ALL IF YOU APLY FOR A JOB AT HE HEADQUARTER OF BBC.