Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is poverty being ignored?

Is the Meles govt. ignoring the suffering of Gonder people? I am not from Gonder, but this is heart-breaking story. They are suffering in silence. Wasn't it one of this kind of stories that brought Haile Selassie down by ignoring the stravation of Wolo, Tigray and Afar people?

Read more on Meskelsquere.com

"In Gonder it was also "just poverty". The children had been picked up in a routine government-run, UNICEF-funded, health screening of rural communities around the city. They hadn't been caught up in any wars, rebel clashes, floods or anything dramatic like that. They had just been caught up in everyday poverty compounded by disease (the day before the hospital had treated two children, aged 7 and 11, for polio, part of a brand new outbreak - but that is another story).

It was the fact that it was all so ordinary that was the really scary thing. There were no TV cameras or international reporters. It was just another ordinary day in Gonder. The first time I saw a TFC it was very upsetting. This time I must admit I had become sufficiently hardened to just get on with my job."

Re: Is poverty being ignored?

Mammina,

What you are witnessing in Gondar is TPLF/Woyane ongoing systematic process for annexing Gondar as part of greater Tigraye based on the so called the Tigraye "magna Carta" agenda. One third of Tigraye and Wollo are already incorporated into Tigraye as Tigraye territory since the onset of TPLF/Woyane regime.

The poverty and decadence you are referring to is part of the scheme to drive out indigenous nationalities so as to homestead Tigreans. Gondar possesses on of the most fertile alluvial soil capable of huge agricultural potentials that could feed the entire horn of Africa

Re: Is poverty being ignored?

It is a great shame to know that we have a leader who plays favoritism. In my life time I never thought we would see a leader that would hate another ethnic group to the point of ignoring starvation. I guess you can call me naïve. But I was raised always to treat others, as I want to be treated by others. If God had blessed Meles he would have a kind and loving and a compassionate heart to treat every human being with dignity. There is no room for hate in God’s house. We all have to pray to God to give Melese a gift of love for the sake of all Ethiopians or to give Ethiopia another leader who is blessed by God. Amen.