Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a spy inside CUD

EPRDF has planted a spy inside the CUD leadership. Check out this report:

http://www.ethiopianreporter.com/displayamharic.php?id=4353

Re: a spy inside CUD

I heard many non-Tigrean EPRDF members are doing the same thing when they are holding meetings. Reporter does not want to report that???

City: Addis Ababa

Dear frieds,
If your allegations are water that, it shows the strengh of the EPRDF.
Keep kissing your lies.

Alef

Email: alefabc-2005@yahoo.com

City: Addis

A spy inside CUD should be spied by CUD on its early stage. 'Saykatel bekitel'.

Berhabu

Email: btworkie2003@yahoo.com

City: Stuttgart

It must be true as the report says a higher official told them that. The only thing is reporter did not say which higher official of CUD told them that.

The other important issue is, how CUD, can handle it.

After listening to Hailu Araya's interview today, even though I think he is a smart and highly articulate politician, I believe we need to worry more about CUD's current policy of appeasing woyanne and the West than a spy in its midst. It's obvious that those who leak info on internal discussions are those few CUD members who argue that CUD should accept what it has got now, and screw the people.

may be its planted camera or mic in their room ????

Email: bula@yahoo.com

City: london

I saw the Eftin Report on Walta info a long time ago. Many of the words attributed to Lidetu does not seem to be quite the things that he would say. That is why i ignored it as bogus. If the Reporter's story is true, I don't think it is difficult to find the spy within the executive committe of CUD, and they should do so ASAP.

Email: onemoretogouknow@yahoo.com

I am not surprised by the news. It just confirmed it. How could anyone of us expect anything less from this man? Melese won’t stop till he gets what he wants. This is one of the reasons this election has become the longest election in the history of the world. It is my suspicion that he is determined to dismantle CUD. Look what he did in the past to some of his own TPLF members:

“Meles has arrested all of the Siye Abraha family. The first to be arrested Mihretab Abreha and his wife,
Fiseha Abreha, Assefa Abraha and their sister, Timit Abraha. Siye Abraha, like any family member would do in times like this, went to the prison where his family was imprisoned and asked the prison officials of the legality of their arrest. The prison officials then called the office of Meles Zenawi and conveyed Siye’s questions. Meles Zenawi’s reply? He instructed the prison officials to arrest him too! At this stage, the seventy year-old mother of Siye Abraha, who has been enduring the tragedy May 29, 2001, collapsed unconscious as the symbol and substance of the Tigrean people was framed and put behind bars!”

My friends, we have a mad man in our hands.

To read more go to this post: Who’s who of TPLF

Spying or not spying, What difference it makes. The EPRDF is on its way out as far as the people of Ethiopia are concerned. What do you think are they going to do with the information they obtained through spying. The Ethiopian people are not going to listen to anything the EPRDF is saying. The people are through with EPRDF and THEY WANT THEM OUT!!!

There is nothing the CUD will loose from such shamefull practice of spying because it operates openly ; however, it is good for EPRDF to learn how a democratic organization works internally, if at all it has the capacity to grasp and make use of it to correct itself. As far as catching the spy is concerned, the many dynamic supporters of the party could do it easily.

Reporter/Amare Aregawi is sounding like the James Bond of Mekele.

City: Addis Ababa

Abe, I agree with you. I don't like what I hear from Dr Hailu Araya. They are massaging thre woyanes. They might say we have no option but to proceed we whnat we have. Dr Hailu, please , be aware that your fate will be a humiliation by the prime minister in the ethiopian parlament. Mind you you will have no filibuster power as well. Your role will be to heat the parlamant chairs and of course to legitimise the Meles regime. Please DO NOT MAKE A SERIOUS MISTAKE AND BETRAY THE PEOPLE !!!
In regards to the spy issue, who cares. I think if there is transparency in the CUD one shouldn't be worried about spy. The CUS has become lately a very clandestine and unpredictable organization. HELLOOO, CUD leaders ... Remeber that we are us who put you there .. Let us not forget where we are coming from !

Dear Mr. Moderator,
Why did you erase my message :( - I didn't say nothing inflamatory other than expressing my opinion on agreement with Hailu (whose posting is also erased) whether Mr. Shaul is the right person to be the leader of CUD...?? If you disagree say so - don't suffocate us...

Email: mamo@yahoo.com

Reporter is apparently working for Meles & Co as it was working for Esayas/Meles & Cos before Shabia's invasion.To know this , you can just read reporters '10 consecutive editions where he indulged in undermining the opposition in general and CUD in particular. Anyway what it reported might be right.So we should be ready to help CUD and others from EPRDF's devilish tactics

Email: bbaa@yahoo.com

This is a natural process in a formation of a political party. It is enscapable. We have to pass through it. The good thing is detected early. Don't ever wish to avoid weyane's infiltration 100%. It is impossible. We have to guard against dangerous infiltration at the leadership level. In particular the key figures have to be carefully selected. Last time when they tried to bring the EDEPA guys into the KINIJIT, there were some errors committed. Now those guys under scrutiny. Besides don't trust REPORTER too much. Reporter is slowly, but surely sliding back ti its former political stance.

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

GGKD..something like that):- In the Bible solomon tebibu said, "lehulum gize alew". Your criticism is very untimely. We can't afford such luxury at present. If you truly are pro democracy, please don't go into unnecessary innuendo. If you keep on writing same old ****, I will easily understand why.

Email: tirebo@hotmail.com

Why should it be a taling point that there could be a spy in CUD. That is to be expected. I even expect that there could be a spy in EPRDF leadership and ranks.... it is natural among political foe.

forget about that and go forward.

Email: dagmawi74@hotmail.com

City: AA

If CUD's done so well despite the EPRDF having inside information on their activities, well then, the EPRDF's not very bright, is it?!

Anyway, a good way to handle such problems is to approach full transparency, making spying useless. CUD has shown that it can function quite effectively with few or no secrets, so there's no need to worry.

I think the cud must find solution to this shameful problem .the rat among them must be known to the public at large I a m so sorry about it our only hop for the better is only the cud .how can it be like this when all the Ethiopian’s are waiting for the good administration of the cud. I am suspecting some one among them .time will tell us the insider. But god saves us from the distraction of the cud.

Email: gooo.@godu.com

City: addis ababab

Guys,
Please refrain from making wild allegations and conclusions. If what is reported in the paper is true, CUD will take actions and then and only then we will know who, if any, is the culprit. Making divisive and insidious remarks is adding fuel to the fire not helping control it.

Let us all keep our cool.

Hey ER

You need to take this comment link out on this issue. Because, so many EPRDF's cadres are posting their divide and rule agendas.I think the info. on reporter can only be verified by CUD leaders. We should Let them do their job.

Email: hhaile@gmail.com

City: Jackson

If CUD leaders agree with the info. leak, they need to change their meeting places. EPRDF might have bugged their offices and houses . Please have an RF engineers check for transmitters placed in the houses and offices of CUD leaders.

It is not surprising to find spy in an infant party. CUD is in it's crude form it has to go a long journey before it gets refined may be this in one step to wards refining the party and it is natural. Expect more crack down among the rank and file of the GIBSBIS CUD members.

Email: jandeber@aol.com

City: Atlanta

The person by the pen name Wollo, it is obvious that you are not an amhara, if u were u would have known how to spell it. God gave u a brain to see everyone equally, but evil conquered your brain to ..do what you are doing .....Some of you are ****** off because CUD is ethnically divers and winning Ethiopians' heart in every part of land. Pay attention how well CUD is going to do in Somali Region.
Under pen names Tade,Wollo,Oromo,Sexiollogist, etc.you all need help. You need good in your life.

Haile, I am with you.
Ever since the woyanes had their exclusive meeting on Saturday July 23/05 we are bombarded by their messages pretending to be Oromos,or Amharas. Let me tell you something you might fool some of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. Have you call some of my Oromo and Amhara families to share when you were making millions of money? They were being put in jail, tortured and killed while your families enjoying the stolen money. Please! Find your fool somewhere else.

I am a bit puzzled. What ia all these hulabaloo that weyane infiltrated CUD and UEDF. It goes without saying weyane leaves no stone unturned to stay in power and loot us to bleeding. This is NOT surprising. NOT AT ALL!. What are surprisings are two:
1. The fact CUD supporters are annoyed, shocked, perplexed whatever
2. The second surprising thing is that CUD doesn't seem to have infiltrated weyane. Weyane currently is a rotten group and CUD can easily infiltrate it, if they want to.

Email: TK@yahoo.com

Tenkolegnaw Kebede:
I have been thinking the same thing. In this world spying on one another is very common. CIA infiltrates MOSAD and the vice versa. These two espionage group are the best allies in a manner unprecedented in history, and yet the one spies on the other. The word "sin" is not known in the vocabulary of politicians. Many here seem very naive and unfit to politics. It is better to advice CUD to do same in a very systematic and subtle manner.

Email: LB@yahoo.com

Espionage is the practice of obtaining secrets (spying) from rivals or enemies for military, political or economic advantage. It is usually thought of as part of an organized effort. Weayane spies if caught red handed will face no risk so long as weyane is the gov't. If anyone caught spying for CUD he/she may face death penalty. And yet CID should go into this activity.

Email: BB2yahoo.com

Like any other prize, is it NOT based on the accumulation of evidence that an individual satisfies at least minimal criteria for the prize.

Is it that same Meles Naziawi who is a social predator, who charm, manipulate, and ruthlessly plow his way through life, leaving a broad trail of broken hearts, shattered expectations, and empty wallets. Completely lacking in conscience and feelings for others, who selfishly takes what he wants and does as it pleases him, violating social norms and expectations without the slightest sense of guilt or regret? Hey, it should be a name sake.

Is it that same MELES NAZIAWI whose hallmark is a stunning lack of conscience, and whose game is self-gratification at the other person´s expense. Come on, you should be kidding!

If you think about it, you will realize that what is missing in this picture are the very qualities that allow human beings to live in social harmony. It is not a pretty picture, and some express doubt that such a person like Meles Naziawi exist. Please don’t pull my leg by telling me he got a prize.

Meles Naziawi’s acts result not from a deranged mind, but from cold, calculating rationality combined with a chilling inability to treat others as thinking, feeling, human beings. Are you serious this MONSTER got a prize? I guess you are joking!

The so far personal history of Meles NAZIAWI is a deeply disturbing inability to care about the pain and suffering experienced by others – in short, a complete lack of empathy, the prerequisite for love. Hey, it should be “july the fool”. It is unthinkable that any rational person gives any prize to this MONSTER. I can never ever believe this.

Meles NAZIAWI lied endlessly, lazily, about everything, and it disturbed him not a whit whenever someone like the BBC journalist points out something in his file that contradicted one of his lies. He would simply change the subject and spin off in a different direction. And yet you dare to tell me he got a prize? No, no, no, no, it can’t be. It should be a hoax.

If what you are saying is true, what fascinated the NORWAY guys should be that Meles NAZIAWI remains absolutely unflappable even after his deceit is revealed – Perhaps what fascinated the NORWAY guys most should be what in his psychological makeup, gave Meles NAZIAWI the power to override reality, apparently without compunction or concern?

This prize may further strengthen his narcissistic and glossy inflated view of himself, worth and importance, a truly astonishing egocentricity and sense of entitlement, and may see himself as the center of the universe, as superior beings, who is justified in living according to his own rules. Don’t be surprised if he next time come across as arrogant, shameless braggarts-self-assured, opinionated, domineering, and cockey.

The prize will strengthen Meles NAZIAWI”S a stunning lack of concern for the devastating effects his actions have on others. As you all remember he was completely forthright about the recent massacre, calmly stating that he has no sense of guilt, he is not sorry for the pain and destruction he has caused, and that there is no reason for him to be concerned

Meles NAZIAWI”S lack of remorse or guilt is associated with a remarkable ability to ratianalize his behavior and to shrug of personal responsibility, for actions that cause shock and disappointment to family, friends, associates and others who have played by the rules. Usually he has excuses for his behavior, and in some cases he denies that it happened at all. In an ironic twist, Meles frequently see himself as the real victims. In the recent election, he said vote rigged by the opposition.

Did they give him the prize for this ability? Hey, hey hey don’t make me mad. It can’t be true.

Meles NAZIAWI views people as little more than objects to be used for his own gratisfaction. The weak and the vulnerable – whom he mocks , rather than pitty – are favorite targets.

When caught in a lie or challenge with the truth, he is seldom perplexed or embarrassed, he simply change his stories or attempt to rework the facts so that they appear to be consistent with the lie. Are you saying this man got a prize?

Meles Naziaw seem proud of his ability to lie. Many observers get the impression that he sometimes is unaware that he is lying, it is as if the words take on a life of their own, unfettered by the speakers knowledge that the observer is aware of the facts.
My fellow citizens, don’t expect dramatic changes. To a large extent, the personality of Meles Naziawi is ”carved in stone”. There is little likelihood that anything you do will produce fundamental, sustained changes in how he sees himself or others.

Finally, given his glibness and the facility with which he lies, it is not surprising that Meles NAZIAWI successfully cheats, bilks, defrauds, cons, and manipulates some countries and have not the slightest compunction about doing so.

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com