Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An Appeal To: Prof. Mesfin Woldemariam, Drs. Berhanu Nega, Yacob Woldemariam, Beyene Petros, Admas

An Appeal To: Prof. Mesfin Woldemariam, Drs. Berhanu Nega, Yacob Woldemariam, Beyene Petros, Admasu Gebeyehu

By: Asegedech Mekonnen
July 22, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My knowledge of who is who in the opposition is limited. Hence, my appeal is restricted to those in the leadership whom I happen to know, either through readings or personal contacts. I also wish to extend this appeal to those in the leadership who possess a sense of high purpose in life, people who do not fall prey to personal self - interest at the expense of the country and the people. I would like reasonable Ethiopians in the Diaspora to note the points I address below with a sense of purpose, urgency and pragmatism with the prism of the working Ethiopian and Ethiopia.
One major weakness of Prime Minister Meles has been, in my opinion, his insensitivity to the feelings of others, his stubbornness, and his aversion to advice and appeal of others who have different viewpoints on the way politics is run in the country. It is my firm belief that it is these characteristics of his and not his economic, political, administrative policies that created this uneasy situation in our country. I certainly would not be naive if I say the country would have had a pleasant environment if only PM Meles could have avoided these unpleasant and destructive characteristics.

Is the opposition leadership a different breed? Is it aware how an egocentric approach can destroy a society? Is it cognizant of the norm that a visionary leadership has to make personal sacrifices and accept defeat in order to come out a winner in the long run? Is it ready to abandon the feudalistic 'zeraf' mentality - a destructive ego that believes in 'yabat ager si - zeref abreh zref'? These are the questions I humbly would like to pose to my fellow Ethiopians who are holding the leadership role in the opposition at this critical time.

As for me the result of the election has been a foregone conclusion. With the same line of thinking as the opposition, I have, based on the nature of the government, the infancy of democratic culture and institutions, and because the ruling party commands a large network and support in the rural areas, concluded long before the election that the ruling party will come victorious in this 2005 election in Ethiopia. I too like the opposition was very much surprised to see the ruling EPRDF party losing so much parliamentary seats in a house it exclusively controlled for over ten years. I, too, although was not pleased how the election was conducted, disheartened by the negative tone of the opposition in the way it exploited the ethnic factor, was elated that the EPRDF government failed to get the two - third majority which would have enabled it to undermine opposition concerns in the legislative process.

Unfortunately my elation seems to be short lived. That is unless the leadership, particularly you learned men of the leadership get the courage to lift us all and Ethiopia from this negative sphere of despair and propel us into an atmosphere where there is hope. Currently, Ethiopia seems to be stuck in a crossroad. A decision that is guided by vision, hope and positive energy on the part of the opposition leaders will move Ethiopia into the right direction. It will move the country a little bit closer to democracy. Democracy in turn will bring all Ethiopians a little bit closer to each other. We will have a common purpose that will have an incredible power that can to lift Ethiopia from the existing pitiful situation. A decision that is guided by 'zerafnet', a destructive ego, stubbornness and short - sighted political gains will plunge the country into a state of uncertainty at best and a state of anarchy at worst. The absence of peace could threaten the existence of the country as we know it. An era of pestilence could reign. In short all the talk that we heard about democracy, all the struggle that we conducted to free our people from tyranny, all the election exercises that we proudly conducted would have been in vain. In my opinion accepting the election result with all its impurities and alleged injustices defines maturity, responsibility and visionary leadership.

So far the opposition has made a major gain in the process. The investigation process may also produce some positive results. The right thing to do right now is to kill the rhetoric that is creating bad feelings between the opposing political parties. EPRDF is not an enemy but an opponent. It is important to differentiate between activities and use of languages that create enmity and ones that show opposition to policies. Thus, the best thing to do is to see each other as political opponents, wait for the result of the NEBE decision to be declared, accept the outcome gracefully, create an amicable working atmosphere with the ruling party and proceed to represent the constituency that elected you.

At best, rejecting the decision of the election committee would lead to more hateful propaganda, and a platform for the opposition to make a difference in the political life of Ethiopia would be undermined. At worst it will lead to the outlawing of the opposition by the ruling party government and other undesired outcomes that could be cumbersome for the opposition membership as a whole. Others may even say that violence and destruction is what awaits Ethiopia if the current process is not resolved peacefully and legally.

Abandoning the parliament seats does not in any way promote democracy. Ethiopia had twelve opposition seats in the previous parliament. Tomorrow it is on the verge of having almost 200 seats: almost twenty times better. In five years the opposition, supported by precedence and positive thinking, assuming that everything else remains the same, is poised to gain more seats and even win the election. Five years is an infinitesimal figure in the life of a country. If our country is our priority, then the opposition should take the long term survival and development of the country in all its plannings and strategies.

I so many times hear the opposition arguing that they will not be acting in good conscience if they abandoned the votes that have been rigged and take their parliamentary seats. They contend that the people whose vote has not been counted are worth fighting for even if it means abandoning the interest of the electorate whose voices were not discounted. In short, the opposition is discarding the 200 or so votes that it has officially won because it believes it could have got more seats if the process was fair and free. In my belief and many others it is better to see the glass half - full, and work with what we have instead of rejecting all for the part. One could argue that neglecting the 200 votes could be seen as a sign of disrespect for the constituents that successfully elected their representatives.

These factors have initiated me to direct my appeal to the opposition leaders I mentioned above and plead with them to have a sober thought before they are influenced by hard - line thinking. If they miss this opportunity they are allowing the infant democratic process to go off - track and plunge into the unknown. If they are 'proud' enough not to accept 'defeat' and speed head - on for a violent crash, they would be displaying the characteristics of PM Meles that I listed in the second paragraph. These characteristics would not have been acceptable anyways, and Ethiopia will not miss them. In fact it will be relieved that more vibrant and energetic arrogant men who are thirsty for power were not successful this time around.

Professor Mesfin: You have a long history of challenging the system. We hear that you even were chastised by the Emperor for your concern for the people of Ethiopia. In your own way, you have tried to expose the government, sometimes with unnecessary zeal, of the human right abuse. You have created an institution that could help Ethiopians for generations. You are an elderly man who, I believe, does not have a vested personal self - interest in life. You know how arrogance and stubbornness is undermining our unity. I also imagine you would know the power of positive thinking, patience and vision. I also know that you are a person who is direct and uncompromising in saying what is in your mind. I urge you to tell all destructive elements to hold their horse and that you will not be party to those who seek to bring change through violence and destruction. I humbly ask you to use all your influence to make sure that the opposition benches in the Ethiopian parliament are not vacant.

Dr Berhanu: You struggled against tyranny. You left your home at an early age, roamed the harsh climate of remote Northern Ethiopia, you as a 'junior Anja', refused to be part of a group that you did not believe - in and ended up in North America through the usual route that most of us took. In the states you played a positive role by shouldering the responsibility of making Ethiopians aware of their country. You broke the barrier and made sure that people of the Horn get a medium in your forum. You gave the benefit of the doubt, and to some extent supported it when we were vehemently opposed to the EPRDF government - especially on the issue of Eritrea. I urge you to be yourself. I have recently been concerned by how much you are being influenced to think and act negatively. The forces of reaction are huge. The Diaspora has become a very frightening negative force capable of influencing the Ethiopian politics. The discussion groups all over speak of hate, violent overthrow of the EPRDF government, and against any kind of compromise. This has to stop and you have the responsibility and the ability to do so. I urge you, even if a lone voice, to be the person who rejects negative politics and move on with what you have got so far.

Dr Beyene: You have been almost a lone voice in the Ethiopian parliament for years, defending what you believe to be right. I have admired your patience, perseverance, and proven leadership over the years. You sound compromising, you look compromising. I think you are a good man. Thinking positively, I assume your position is now more strengthened than ever. You will have about 200 colleagues sitting on the opposition bench. Through your skills, you might even be able to garner more support from EPRDF seats in cases that are vital to national security and unity. Things are brighter than ever for you and your fellow members. It is with this and the vested interest of the nation in mind that I urge you to instruct your members to accept the election decision and move forward. The business of the nation should not be hold at ransom because of the fight for rigged votes. Yes, negative elements such as Negede Gobeze of MEISON and the EPRP leadership would not want you to do that. They have never been positive bunches anyways, and their opinion should not be allowed to dominate.

Dr Yacob: A reserved man who sticks to his profession, I also urge you to do what is good for Ethiopia. What is good is taking the leading role in legally fighting for Ethiopia's sea access and other legal matters that are essential to the nation. I have been positively influenced by your argument over Assab. You are also a man who tried to bring the different political groups of Ethiopia together by advising them to narrow their differences. I urge you to use that same visionary attitude and help this process to a healthy ending.

Dr Admasu: I was positively impressed when you and your colleagues Dr Hailu and the young, articulate but sometimes overzealous Lidetu Ayalew formed the Ethiopian Democratic Party. It portrayed itself as peaceful, visionary and all - inclusive party that respects both the individual and group (nationality) rights. This was the first party that I cautiously supported few years ago. I was hoping that it will grow up to be a major challenge to the EPRDF and advance the cause of democracy in the country. I appeal to you to make that dream a reality. I ask you, together with other reasonable voices, to reject the road of confrontation and 'zerafnet and give peace and positive vision a chance.

The vocal Diaspora is not currently an ally to Ethiopia. The flow of billions of money from foreign powers did not bring and, as long as the mind and hearts of Ethiopians of all walks of life is not synchronized to think positively, it will not bring any relief to Ethiopia. Neither will the current flow of money from the vocal Diaspora to the opposition forces bring strength and continuity to its recipients. It is only the inner strength and a commitment and reliance on the Ethiopian people that has the potential to bring salvation to our country. You do not hear reasonable voices reverberating from the cities of the Americas. The silent majority is silenced by the vulgar and hateful propaganda of the vocal elements. Many of you might have experienced this phenomenon in all the Diaspora gatherings.

You eminent personalities, who have the fate of the country on your hand, shoulder a heavy responsibility. Our ancestors have handed you Ethiopia with its bad and good, with all its imperfections on a silver platter. Your mishandling of the current situation will destroy her - or at least take her back by many decades. All that has been gained so far will be lost. History will treat you viciously. This will be the outcome if you heed the advice of the vocal Diaspora and abandon the role of leadership that your constituents assume rests upon you.

Despite your economic status in Ethiopia, all of you and us benefited from the Ethiopian tax payers money - especially the poor peasantry - and get the education that we currently collectively and individually are proud of. Our accountability, especially the moral responsibility and accountability of the political parties should be to the Ethiopian people - not to the Diaspora, not to interest groups, and not to disgruntled elements who have old scores to settle with the current ruling party. And the accountability is to give peace a chance, to allow the peasantry to farm, to look for its means of survival, for the merchant to concentrate on its trade, for every working Ethiopian to conduct its day to day activity without fear of the unknown. These, you gentlemen have the moral obligation and the power of influence to make it happen.

If you think this message sounds like a long sermon, then, it will be an unfortunate mistake on your part. Do not consider your position right now lightly. You are not in a position to gamble. Failure to act responsibly and reasonably will have a grave consequence for the country, its people and its political parties.

Do your part, do the right thing. Many of us know that the road ahead is not well and dandy. The real struggle begins in the house of parliament. Then, you will be rest assured that whenever democratic principles are undermined by the ruling party, whenever and wherever the security of the nation is compromised by the policies and legislations of the ruling party, whenever and wherever the ruling party portrays behaviors that are not conducive for work, I and all the reasonable people will be on your side to assist you perform your parliamentary duty and work for your constituencies and the country. At the same time we do not want the parliament to be a place for bickering and shouting. Ethiopia and Ethiopians would want it to be a place where the nation's business is efficiently and responsibly conducted. Reasonable Ethiopians in the Diaspora could be of assistance in making this a reality. Rest assured that the power and assistance of the silent majority is more powerful, constructive and long lasting.

You are all learned men. Your hard work and your intellect have endowed you with the highest academic credentials. You certainly do not lack the knowledge to make the right decision. But making the right decision does not rest on credentials alone. One does not need to cite destructive literate men such as Tilahun Yilma who condemns a major part of the Ethiopian people as evil and cancerous. Making the right decision is a trademark of those who create opportunities out of challenges, see the positive in the negative environment and sacrifice small personal benefits for the greater good. I urge you men, and appeal to your good conscience to make the right decision and dispose your responsibility honorably and help Ethiopia be a better place for its citizens.

I wish you all the best.

Re: An Appeal To: Prof. Mesfin Woldemariam, Drs. Berhanu Nega, Yacob Woldemariam, Beyene Petros, A

Madam Asegedech Mekonnen

I appreciate candor and your plea to opposition leaders. I would like to welcome your participation in this forum to exchange ideas and explore options but not confront each other with polemics, demagoguery and dogma.

Madam you noted that the major weakness of Prime Minister Meles is his insensitivity, stubbornness, and aversion to advice. If you ask most Ethiopians in a condition free of intimidation and harassment they would tell you that they have no problem with the prime Minister personally.

Most of their problem stem from his economic, political, and administrative policies that resulted in continuation of hunger, introduction of famine in fertile southern areas, the amassing of the countries wealth by the prime Minister through Wogagen and Mega Inc.. They would also tell you that the loss of Badame after the sacrifice of many in 1998 war as well as the stripping of ethnic people right by Mr. Meles after an initial apparent regional administration are all the causes of decent. I might be writing the obvious but it is worth mentioning.

Most of us in diasspora are neither in politics for long nor in leadership capacity. We started to be involved in politics just as recently as last April. I personally had a passing knowledge about the opposition in North America since 1980s. Forgive me if you already know the history and I do not mean to imply any political naivety but here is an overview of the background of the opposition in Diaspora. The opposition movement in Diaspora took its own coarse. First, there were the militants who jumped their wagon to fight EPDRF after it took power. Then, there were excluded groups that did not make it in the transitional government setup by EPDRF. The First group were kefagn and Medihn. The second group were a coalition formed before the fall of derge known as CODEF. Medihn is a splinter group from CODEF. While CODEF always tried to work with the then transitional government, Medihn always changes their position on whether they should fight or work with the EPDRF. Kefagn always maintained their fighting stance. At that time the opposition in Ethiopia was mainly from Pro. Asrate AAPO and later on Dr. Beyene Petros southern people organization. After years of infighting between these two groups, and the joining of OLF after its exiled, division among the opposition diasporas were rampant. A formation of larger coalition and military wings were apparent. Most of this opposition were weakened to the point of being infiltrated by Eritreans. When the war with Eritrea started many of these groups lost support and most of their members started to side with the EPDRF putting aside all their grievances and questions. Most of the opposition leader in Diaspora went back to Ethiopia and joined larger coalitions and started their campaign.

We the people in Diaspora were busy supporting our family and went on our daily lives until we started to hear disturbing news of elections fraud and tensions. The Diaspora out of a concern for the loved ones and the well being of fellow citizens started to make some voices through community center and churches. I assure you Madam that there is no 'zeraf' mentality among us.

I promise that most of us will go back to our routine and would not create unnecessary havoc for our country. However, I regret to inform you that our goal to pressure the governments of the countries we reside in will not stop. Because, most of the Diasporas are convinced that the Prime Minister and his organization rigged vote and used fraud to continue an illegal rule. The Opposition in Ethiopia is also not going to accept the result because non of the election process they participated in is not fair, free of intimidation and threat as well as imprisonment. EPDRF even killed and imprisoned high school kids. EPRDF is making itself an enemy of the people and opposition by not behaving as the legitimate incumbent. MR Meles must be cornered by international community to conduct a legitimate and acceptable investigation by independent bodies. The NEBE gang appointed by the Prime minister should be accountable and must not rob our cousins of their God given rights.

Madam, do not brood about hateful propaganda and unwise moves by the leaders of the opposition. As Ato Hailu Shawel stated in BBC let EPDRF take their gun away and we will all have bright future. The Prime Minister has been supported by the opposition during the Eritrean war and let us hope he will not outlaw a democratic opposition out of a whim. That would make his own and the countries future cumbersome. Peacefully and legally the opposition in my opinion will continue its challenge so far as no undemocratic measure are taken against them. Abandoning the parliament seats, peaceful strike, calling for non violent boycott are all legitimate and legal means’s.

Madam I went to such extent to assure you that we are silent majority in diaspora who do not wish to use any vulgar and hateful propaganda but raise our concerns in a peaceful manner. I wish people appeal to the prime Minister as you appealed to opposition leaders.

Let me support your idea that no literate person should promote hate like Prof. Tilahun Yilma by condemning any ethnic group whether be it Tigreans or otherwise by labeling them as cancerous Askaris.

Re: An Appeal To: Prof. Mesfin Woldemariam, Drs. Berhanu Nega, Yacob Woldemariam, Beyene Petros, A

V],
Well said. I hope Ethiopia will see a leader one day to care and love all her children as one regardless of ethnicity.

This is very interesting. Thank you VJ for staying on issues. I hope Asegedech would rise to the challenge and respond to some of VJ’s arguments that pushed the ball back to Asegedech corner. This is a very enlightening deliberation.

Hi-Five to Asegedech and VJ

LeyouWerk Tayech,

To my esteemed Ethiopians, Assegedech & VJ,

You can articulate and dress up empty and hollow rhetoric with all your pretentiousness. The major point you are missing is that every minute that passes under the current failed regime costs thousand of Ethiopian lives.

I suggest to that you redirect your appeals to those who are in power and committing human rights violations and continue to sustain perpetual misery and starvation upon in the country. The opposition is not the one who had the mantle of power for the past failed fourteen years. I urge you both not to draw a moral equivalence between the opposition who themselves are the victims of the government in power armed to the hilt and ready to annihilate its own citizens.

This truth to consider is the voice of the masses of Ethiopians who had enough of the dictatorial regime of Melese/TPLF. The self-interest of Ethiopia and Ethiopians demands mitigation by any means necessary. Your begging the question to prolong the suffering of Ethiopians is not an acceptable proposition. It maybe to you because seem to believe that process, civility, and wisdom should prevails over reality. Civility, political propriety, and vision are not the answer to a population that is purposely decimated by the conditions of bad governance created under the tyrannical ruling TPLF/Melse regime.

Unless you are as insensitive as Meles, let me remind you that in the next five years Meles/TPLF will unleash their fury of his revenge with brutal impunity upon the people, and very likely purge the opposition leaders through various insidious means including murders and disappearance. The next years under the mindless tyrant, Meles will rain helter-skelter and slaughter the nation. If allowed to continue, Melse is poised to sabotage the nation in the next five years. Unfortunately, Meles is not as rational a person as you wish him to be, but for his hard line supporters.

The time for intellectual discourse, conjectures, and theories is over. NOW, is the time to adopt a sensible, pragmatic, and indispensable option, without compromise? Let me remind you that Meles did not assume power by democratic means, let me further remind you what the former mayor of the Capital echoed on behalf of TPLF,” We will not relinquish the power we gained with our blood, we will fight until our last man and the last bullet”.

As for you two self esteemed pesudo-intelectuals, I advise you to remain in the distant safe haven abroad and watch the revolution in Ethiopia being televised on CNN. Perhaps latter on when the chaos is over and Ethiopia iberted and at peace, you will then visit yoru homelean and contemplate on your missed opportunities the errors of your intellectual judgment.

Ethiopia First and Forever,
LeyouWerk Tayech

Asegedech-
You write well in English but you are not insightful. It is written with insensitivity to the families who lost their loved ones by Melese’s militiamen.

V],
Thank you for clarifying it for Asegedech and the rest of us.

Asegedech,

I saw your article on ethiopianfirst.com. Now,one of the Woyanes',Gebreselassie,posted it here for discussion. I can see the relation now.That is what Woyane want: to take whatever election result Woyane offers us and sit down doing nothing.

As long as the opposition don't have the majority,for Woyane that is not the problem. Do you know that under the new rule by the so called "Ethiopian parliament", you can't have an agenda unless you have more than 50%. I am talking about AGENDA NOT CHANGES.They can't even talk about policy issues.I don't understand why are proposing the opposition to work under these conditions where they can't do any change.

In your article you wrote:

"One major weakness of Prime Minister Meles has been, in my opinion, his insensitivity to the feelings of others, his stubbornness, and his aversion to advice and appeal of others who have different viewpoints on the way politics is run in the country. It is my firm belief that it is these characteristics of his and not his economic, political, administrative policies that created this uneasy situation in our country. I certainly would not be naive if I say the country would have had a pleasant environment if only PM Meles could have avoided these unpleasant and destructive characteristics."

Do you think that his stubborness not his policies is the only reason why the Ethiopian people wanted him out of office?

Are you trying to conclude all our problems on Meles than EPRDF?

Do you really think if we replace Meles with one of his cadres say Sibhat or Abay Tsehaye, the country will have pleasant environment as you describe it?

All this is nonsense.

Our problem is not just Meles but the POLICY OF WOYANE-EPRDF. Our problem is not their personality but their wrong policy. Personally, Meles is a smart guy but he use his smartness for wrong reasons. That is all.If they change Meles with other Meles, we will still have the same problem. The ruling Woyane has to go.

I do understand that you are trying to mislead the opposition leaders to take the election results offered by Woyane. That is what Woyane want. The opposition should not put under any cirucumstances the Ethiopian people vote for negotiation.(Listen to the interview of Dr.Taye Woldesmayat on this web site).That is what Ethiopian people wanted.

You also mentioned EPRP leadeship to be as a negative element. Woyane thinks the same way. Woyane knows what EPRP is. That is why Woyane didn't allow them to work freely in their country. Woyane knows that they can mobilize the Ethiopian people for democracy as they did before.These are the people who passed all their life for Ethiopian cause while most of us were just sitting or working with Dergue and Woyane. They are the true childs of Ethiopia.

They will continue to be NEGATIVE to WOYANE.

VJ,

Thank you for presenting the sequence of political activities undertaken by the Ethiopian oppositions both inside and outside the country.

For those of us who were just looking from outside, it is easy to make a comment know. The result we are seeing right now is the result of their struggle.It didn't come from anywhere. Listen their radio on:

www.tensae.com

www.finote.org

Nestanet

Email: ymoges@msn.com

City: Atlanta

Gebresellassie,
You wasted so much ink to make a simple point. You want the opposition to stop demanding that TPLF respects the will of the people. 200 seats is already too much; take that and shut up seems your virdict.

If you are seriously concerned about Ethiopia and the welfare of the Ethiopian people, tell Meles and his foot soldiers to respect the will of the Ethiopian people.

There will be true peace in Ethiopia only when the right of the people to elect leaders is fully respected. Appeasing a dictator in the name of making peace is kissing up (not peace making).

Bravo Visitor,

That is what all Ethiopians across the globe are saying except Gebreselassie and Woyane.

Nestanet

Email: ymoges@msn.com

City: Atlanta

Madam Asegedech:
My worry is very different from yours. Your worry is about political parties. Mine is the people and their voice that needs to be respected. Once the public confidence on the democratic process is destroyed you can't win it back. You shouldn't care much about your favorite political party as far as the peoples verdict prevailed. In the case at hand Weyane is NOT only stealing votes, but also destroying public confidence in the democratic process. Next time around there comes any similar excercise the people are going to laugh at the political parties and say to them it is an excercise in futility. This should be our worry.

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

City: Addis

As a woman, I easily understand the reason why some women are doing things unfairly and wrongly as asegedech is. I think She is in some crises looking desperately to fulfil her wish and desire. But she has to understand that there is no any compromise to benefit some lack of deep understanding selfish people at the expense of the Ethiopian people. Now it became clear when thousands of Ethiopians in Diaspora all over the world were protesting opposing the situation in Ethiopia, she was against taking side with the few. May be she was also busy with her foolish idea writing to persuade the Ethiopian people to accept Meles to kill them further with hunger.
I don't know what kind of woman she is. But women who are the first responsible to life are taking always the truth to safe life. In contra she is too much worry about the future of tyranny meles with whom she could have secrets with him.

Email: Hirut@hotmail.com

Who is this mad woman named Asegedech Mekonnen. She is acting as if she is a queen or states woman who has blood related relationship with our late King of the Kings Teferi Mokonen. With out some reasons, she wouldn't act the way she is. She acts as if she is all that and every one has to listen her. Her later garbage write posted on deki- alula(28-07-05) clearly shows that she doesn’t know much about the two highly respected and educated true Ethiopian ( ing Hailue Shawel and Dr merira Gudena) opposition leaders, while she said in the past and present lots of admiration about the leadership capacity of ex- gorilla leader litlle evil-meles Naziawi. She has written that she agreed with all meles's policies including killing innocent Ethiopians throughout the last 30 years, his ethnic policy, his policy creation of countries in one country, only the tigrians have the right to hold high positions in the country and diplomatic posts and many other issues opposed by almost all Ethiopians, but only the issues with Eritrea. I don't understand she has disagreement with meles concerning the eritrean issue while she accept the rest of very grave mistakes he has done towards the country.
Who is she first of all acting she have power to be heard or to be accepted by every one she as likes? I think she is Meles Zenawi's mistress. Ugly, cruel and little evil like him would never get another woman except her when Azeb rejected him because of she is not impressed many times on his presentation in bedroom. I have read and heard ideas from different people. But I never came across with the idea I’m reading from this meles misterss(Asegedech) who are looking high position posts in his administration for the next 5 years. She is looking very much cooking her food to become the next Genet Zewdie who is responsible for many crimes against humanity and disappeared to unknown location after stealing 6 millions dollars deposited at New York City bank. I think Asegedech is in desperate situation standing on cross road looking something to benefit at the expense of any thing.
I wish to see her rather than guessing about her look and true behaviour. No good man, no sex, no peaceful life, no social life, lots of unrealistic personal dreams, ugly, angry, confused, looking others approval to become happy about herself etc? Who is she? Does she the current Eve believing the snake (meles) to hurt the Ethiopian people? She may have the so called degree(s). But she doesn’t know how to use her knowledge. I think she is on the process preferring to use her knowledge for wrong reasons. If she said except the eritrean issue, I agree totally with the prime Minister after all what he done and still is doing against Ethiopia, I have no reason to accept her except she is one of among few bad so called Ethiopians while committing crime against their country and people.
Asegedech, don't waste your time supporting and encouraging little meles in order he would give you one ministerial position. After opening your bracelet leg for him, he might intend to do so. But the tiger (the people) and mouse (TPLF) game is just started. If you want to get position, from now on you have to admire, support or beg the Ethiopian people, not little, bold and evil meles who is living a nightmare life affecting others dream.

Email: Tshay@hotmail.com

According to Asegedech, all power lies with her man, the dictator Zenawi. What ever he says will be done. We, people of Ethiopia have been allowed to vote, mr Zenawi went out of his way to allow us to vote and we should be thankful for that.

Asgedech tells us the only crime of Zenawi is his insensitivity. For goodness sake, This is a man who admitted, on Hard talk, that he ordered the massacre of defenceless demonstrators on June 8th 2005. There is no need even, to take him to court he should be locked up in prison for his crime.

She forgot to mention that,Zenawi the fascist dictator is a man whose story is littered with blood shed and violence who has been responsible for the massacre of hundreds of thousands of Ethiopians, through out the country.

Who will forget the Gambella genocide, the massacres in Awassa, Addis Abeba university, the massacres in Harrar, Wollega and Arsi, and those killed in vain in the war with Shabia. Zenawi must have killed a million Ethiopians.