Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
One of the London terror suspects is an Ethiopian, possibly a woyanne

IrishExaminer.com
23/07/05

The man was thought to be the son-in-law of an older woman living at the address raided by police.

The arrested man's wife and young son were also led away by police, according to residents living in the same block of flats.

David Benn-Hirsch, deputy chair of the local tenants' association, said the older woman had lived in the flat with her family for many years. He said they were Muslims, originally from Ethiopia.

He added: "I know them as peaceful neighbours and I'm shocked to hear about what has happened. The woman always stopped to say hello to me and when you see a person like that around here who respects you it is one in 10."

Scotland Yard assistant commissioner Andy Hayman warned members of the public not to approach the men pictured in the CCTV footage under any circumstances.

He said: "These are four men we urgently want to trace in connection with attempts to detonate four explosive devices on the transport system in central London yesterday.

"It's crucial that detectives are able to question them about yesterday's events at the Oval, Shepherd's Bush and Warren Street London Underground stations and a route 26 bus in Hackney Road.

"We have two requests. Firstly anyone who has information about where these men currently are, you should immediately called 999 and ask for urgent police response.

"The public are asked not to approach them."

He urged anyone who believed they knew the identities of the men or their whereabouts to call the anti-terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said the shooting of the man at Stockwell Tube station today was "directly linked' to anti-terror operations.

Re: One of the London terror suspects is an Ethiopian, possibly a woyanne

It is a shame our own Ethiopian to be named a terrorist. Since his mother has been living there for many years may be her son was born in Britain and he is English. Anyhow I can hear Meles saying to Blair: “I told you they are all terrorists.” It is sad as they say-When it rains it pours.