Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This May Help You Think Very Important

This is note from an ardent EPRDF supporter. If you want to understand the logic behind an eprdefian thinking (that is me thinking as an EPRDF supporter) you better read carefully. First the convictions of people & EPRDF in simple un-PhD terms are the following:

• To establish a democratic society based on Federal system of government
• To establish lasting institutions that can not be commandeered by any form of organizations; institutions like:
o Judiciary
o Legislative body
o Executive body
o Extremely autonomous state (nationality) governments
o A loosely and yet firm ( interest and commonality not on unfounded and failed mythical unity) oneness and patriotism
o Last but not least unbiased free press

These are the true belief of the people and EPRDF that should be slowly, peacefully and firmly need to exist in the country or state. The Ethiopian political space and atmosphere should decide as a medical (not the PHDS) doctor would, the right dosage of democracy at a given time. If we want leap yards at a time with incomparable economic expansion that doesn’t exhibit multi-faceted civilized interest groups, then we are bound to fall and break a limb. This will retard our baby-step movement towards the proven medicine, Democracy.

To progress we need an equal dosage of development and democracy. Too much democracy without comparable progress will kill the patient. Equally repressive political atmosphere will retard development; hence the patient will face the same fate, death.

This being the case, EPRDF is serious to hand power in the coming years to a party or a group of parties that Ethiopians believe can solidify more vigorously the above convictions. EPRDF was willing to accommodate knowingly, racist parties with questionable background, hoping that genuine democrats will arise from them. In my opinion this might happened, this is my opinion, like the Berhanu Nega and Petros. But these individuals are being pushed by Shawel and CO to hard line postions that wish for Re- Amaharization and total disintegration.

Now what we are seeing is reasonable voices in the opposition camp are scared to come out strong and demand peaceful conclusion of this historic election. This begs the question that, are these moderate voices strong enough to sit as peaceful loyal opposition?
If that is not the case the country will have to strive one more time to create a genuine loyal opposition in the next five years and in the meantime hope the momentum we created in developing the nation will go on despite of the political set back we are facing. My advice is give chance to the liberal and reasonable voices (I think there are some) of the opposition leaders so they can discard retarding forces like Hailus and CO.

As you may have guessed it, from the writing the author does not have a high level degree and/or PHD in some kind of Anthropology or Something Studies to belong to elite PHDS.

Re: This May Help You Think Very Important

ctd from above.

And we will shoot and kill you if you go above the limit and the level of democracy mr Zenawi has allowed you to have. mr zenawi can give you as much or as little democracy as he pleases. Every thing at his majesty's pleasure.

We went out of our way to give you the vote and now you are causing trouble and want to take power from us - know your place you **** poor souls of Ethiopia. If you don't like the way we do things around here, shame on you. we know what is best for all of you.