Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The next move

The next move

Pretending to investigate fraud and vote rigging, Zenawi and his election board who are both the judge and the jury of the investigations continue to manufacture crimes, accusations and pretexts to arrest, harass and murder witnesses, Opposition party supporters and party leaders. The fraud investigation is nothing more than a shambolic gesture by Zenawi designed to cover up his evil design and to please aid donor countries who seem to be ever willing and happy to be hoodwinked by Zenawi, whilst ignoring the glaring brutality committed on the Ethiopian people. It is an empty talk and window dressing and has achieved no thing to address the cries of our people for justice and democracy. What we have witnessed is the outrageous dictator continuing to kill and intimidate witnesses even when the so called investigation is under way.

Why are the international observers not saying any thing about what is going on. What is their role if they do not have a say in what goes on. Where is their report?

The Ethiopian people should continue to intensify the peaceful struggle for democracy, fairness and justice and to ensure that their votes count. There is no turning back. The peaceful non-violent struggle is the only way to do it.
The Ethiopian people have shown their civility, love for their country and their support for one another. The peaceful demonstrations held before the election and that of June the 8th 2005, is a manifestation of their unity and power that has sent shockwaves and tremors to the enemies of our people. No amount of guns, violence and brutality by Zenawi’s regime can equal the peaceful protest and power of the Ethiopian people.

The regime has blood on its hands and we can not allow the blood of innocent Ethiopians to be spilled in vain. The trigger happy Zenawi should not be allowed to kill and bury the hopes of our people with armed violence. The death of our young people is a constant reminder of the danger we face as long as the fascist tyrant remains in power.
Any other course of action other than the continued struggle for democracy can not be contemplated, and the reason for this is clear:

-After 14 years of neglect, our youth, the majority of whom have been left by the regime to beg on the street corners of every town and city in the country, without hope and a future, expect things to change for the better. Their fate has been held back by a regime that deliberately limits the education of young people to the level of elementary school.

-The government has been continually attacking and murdering students who have always stood alongside the Ethiopian people. Zenawi is mercilessly killing the bright and most able youngsters who carry the hopes and futures of our country not to mention the hopes and futures of their own families who also rely for support on them. The regime has no respect for the dignity of human life.

-The unemployed in our country who number up to 70% have been left to suffer and condemned to live in deprivation mocked by the regime as looters and robbers. The regime has failed to shoulder its responsibility for the people and does not even accept that it is the cause of the massive unemployment.

-The peasant farmer who has been made a slave and a tenant to woyane chieftains and land lords can not expect to get his land back from a fascist regime that uses land and fertilizer as a weapon of subjugation to control the rural population. The regime that has burned down villages and massacred innocent peasant farmers and their families on reprisals for the election defeat will only continue to be more repressive and atrocious.

-The office and factory worker can not expect his right to be respected by a regime that threatens its work force with dismissal if they do not give their support to the regime; and from a regime that employs spies to control activities of the work force.
The political opposition, journalists, civic organizations know full well what their fate is- constant abuse ,threats, house arrests, intimidation, murders, fines etc

The peaceful struggle for democracy, justice and fairness, that exploded in May 2005 must continue. Boycotts of trade, goods, shops, transport, products, stoppage of work, withdrawing cooperation at work place, peaceful protest rallies are some of the actions with which we can express our outrage and disgust against the violent and brutal regime.

The Ethiopian people, have the power to paralyze the country in a well coordinated strike action and peaceful demonstrations both inside and outside Ethiopia

Re: The next move

NEBE and WOYANE are taking their time for cooking.
They are so shrewed now they will come up with their usual shrewed message.

THERE SHOULD BE RE-ELECTION ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.
WE SHOULD GO FOR THAT WITH THE PRESENCE OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL OBSERVERS.

THEY JAILED, HARRASED, KILLED OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS
NOW THEY ARE COOKING THEIR BOOK.

THE MOST UNDEMOCRACTIC PERSON THE PROPOGANDA MINSTER....STILL BRAGING, CAN WE STOP HIM FROM HIS INHUMANE, SAVAGE, BRUTAL ACT ON ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE?

I agree that the Ethiopian people need to be ready for the next move. As to me the political organizations(CUD AND UDEF) should do everything they can to confirm Ethiopian people vote. There should not be any negotiation on our people's vote.NO NEGOTIATION PERIOD. Doing that is similar to what WOYANE is doing right now.

I think the first thing that should be done is a NATION WIDE WORK STRIKE.This is a good start.I believe this will send a strong message to Woyane,its military, and western countries who support Woyane.Once the "Nation wide work strike is done", demonsrtations should be done both in Addis and all over the country.I believe this is one way we have to move on.

Nestanet

Email: ymoges@msn.com

City: Atlanta

Nestanet

CUD must be lucky enough to have you as designer of strike.

Gebreselassie,

By the way, I am not a member nor a supporter of CUD. But I can tell you that the Ethiopian people are ready for anything if their vote are not counted properly. They have already started this journey by voting while the gun of Woyane is targeting at them.

Yes, they will go on strike, demonstration or any form of struggle until they get FREEDOM. I know this scares Woyane.

Nestanet

Netsnet,

What is wrong being member of the opposition. Don't be so smart. No one will take as a non-partician person because your words speak for themselves.

As to your proposal for national strik, you seem blind abount the situation in Ethiopia. It is no more a unitary state where you can command from addis.

Be aware the the people in Gambela, Benshangul, Afar, Tigray, Oromia, Somali, The South Nationalities haven't voted for CUD. So, do you expect them to accept order from CUD.OR, like your fore fathers, you don't count on them.

Don't be sily. Face the reality and believe me there will not be a national strike. If you are talking about Addis there is no allegation of vote rigging and I am afraid they have a legitimate ground to strike.

With love
Ali

Email: Alias-2005@yahoo.com

City: Addis

Ali,

You missed my point. Once again, I am not a member or supporter of CUD. I am an Ethiopian against Woyane, a group who is against Ethiopian interest and its own people.I strongly believe in a voting system where people elect their own representative. The Ethiopian people just did that on May 15 election.

If Woyane doesn't respect their vote,believe me they will do anything to get their vote back. That could be a strike, demonstration or whatever. In order to organize a national strike, you don't need to be a member of CUD OR UEDF OR other. All Ethiopians from North to South and from East to West are oppressed by the Woyane. They all want Woyane to go. They don't need vote for a specific party.

Netsanet

Netsanet,

You missed my point. I was trying to tell you that they voted for the EPRDF for various reasons, one of these being ensuring the right of thse people to self-determination .or its allies. By the way, do you think a constitutional system will allow you to do away with a certain political party through violence?

Your claim of May 15 vote agaist EPRDF is not substatiated by any hard fact. That is your personalverdict of the situation.

Don't forget politics is not as simple as you think and be aware the people have divrse interst. Your claim of North-South, East_West moblization is a simple wish. If you are ready to take the reality, you know how the oromos, Tigreans, Afar, Somali, Sidama and others feel about the CUD program.

Please think twice before you pick some nasty words from the CUD camp.It doesn't help the CUD. The first victim of such lawlessness and violence will be the CUD leadership.

Ali

Ali,

There is nothing to be ashamed of being a member or supporter of CUD.But once again, I am not a member or supporter of CUD. If you take it,you can take it. That is up to you. Once again, I am an ethiopian against dictatorship.

Coming back to our discussion, my argument was that people's vote should be respected. Woyane should not steal election result through ITS election board or by intimidating people. If Woyane has won the election truthfully, I am willing to accept it even if I hate Woyane for what it is doing to our country.

The whole world knows that the election board which is nominated by Meles is working hard to keep him in power(listen to the BBC interview of Meles). Let's do free and fair election. The Ethiopian people are demanding for FREEDOM. By the way, have you seen the big demonstration in Addis organized by the oppostion? The Ethiopian people are ready for change.

As to Tigreans,Somali,Afar and other Ethiopians, they all are oppressed by Woyane. I can tell you that Tigreans are the once highly opperessed by their own people.They might be the only Ethiopians with no access to free media. They have access to the media only approved by Woyane.Other Ethiopians from North to South and East to West are also oppressed too.

By the way, I am one of those who strongly believe in the self administration of every ethinicity in the country. I think UEDF has addressed those questions in an appropriate manner. Because of this, UEDF has won in many places in the south. People who voted for UEDF, their vote should be respected too.

Having said that,I don't believe in violence. I understand what violence can bring to our country. On the other hand, I want my people to be prosperous,free, elect who they want and enjoy FREEDOM.

Netsanet

Netsanet,

I appreciate your line of argument.But, I realized you lack basic information.For example where do you get the information that the free press is baned in Tigray?Why are you taking such lies as facts.

You are telling us that you support self-determination and the UEDF stands for such right.But, you are aware that the CUD is against such right. Then, if they came to power, how can they reconcile such diametrically opposit polices?

Anway, I respect your opinion.

Ali,

NETSANET

STRIKE IS A DEAD CASE.

Gebre (slave just like ur name)

a demonstration in addis alone is enough to paralyse the govt. but this will be done when the opposition parties see it necessary.A movement requires meticulous organisation and forming of broader massbase linking all movements in ethiopia and abroad.

organise - all underground
more political work in the country side
Link with all remaining fronts and parties
have contingency plan - armed struggle
target of the movt - meles and his clique
aim of the movt - national unity and reconciliation

it is hard work but must be done!!!!!!!!

Email: EthiopianXX@aol.com

City: new york

Mekki,

Your plan seems sucidal. If CUD is to follow your plan,I am sure it will be a matter of minutes to throw them out of ethiopian politics.

Don't even dare to think of such terrorist plan for the peace loving Ethiopians.

If you are desparate of your diaspora life try such sucide personally.
alef

Email: Alef-2005@yahoo.com

dear alef,

Please, you are abusing and torturing your self trying to avoid the sad fact that meles zenawi massacred defenceless protesters. This brutal murderer is the no 1 terrorist, if you ask me. The truth never lies, it is there for all to see. so please do not make youself a fool by trying to defend the undefendable.

Moaa,
I am sure you are now ready to commit sucide.
May god pardon your soul>

Alef

Email: Alef-2005@yahoo.com

Mekki,
I am with you about opposing G/ Selassia and Alef’s political views. But to say a derogatory remark about someone’s name is out of line.

Please beware of their tactics. They are here to instigate and antagonize people, nothing more. It amazes me how people continue to support Meles after they have wittiness what he has done to innocent people.

KMAA,
Don't think the people in the CUD will be finally responsible for inciting violence?

Keep online,the victims will tell who incited them to such irresponsible demonstrations.

Then, you will kiss your lies.
Alef

Email: alefabc-2005@yahoo.com

Gebreselassie,

I can see your fear for the NATION WIDE STRIKE. The old day s have passed and the Ethiopian people are ready to do everything they can to achieve FREEDOM.

I don't blame if you and Woyane are scared. You know what you did to us.

Nestanet

Ali,

Let's have an open mind and not be mere supporter of Woyane? Do you know that in Addis even Woyane cadres elected the opposition parties?Woyane doesn't have support from the people. It is left with you and ....

Are you sure CUD is against self administration of regions? I don't think so.To the best of my knoweledge, they support the federal government structure.

Nestanet