Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Meles Zarkawi wins Norwegian prize

Meles Zarkawi wins Norwegian prize dedicated to Africa

OSLO, Norway, July 19, 2005 (AP) -- Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi has been named the winner of a Norwegian US$200,000 (euro156,000) prize that promotes U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan's call for a green revolution in Africa.

Ethiopian PM Meles Zenawi
Zenawi will receive the first Yara Prize "for his contribution to improved food security and human nutrition in ways that also protect the environment," the prize committee said Tuesday.

"He has brought about political change in Ethiopia, and placed the rural poor first in the country's development strategies," the citation said.

The award was created this year by Oslo-based agriculture group Yara International ASA to honor individuals or organizations who reduce poverty and hunger in Africa through sustainable projects. It will be presented by Jeffrey Sachs, a top economic adviser to Annan, at an award ceremony in Oslo on Sept. 3.

The prize committee noted that Ethiopia, one of the world's poorest countries, has doubled its food production and achieved an annual growth rate of 5.8 percent of gross domestic product despite severe droughts in 1998 and 2001.

Re: Meles Zarkawi wins Norwegian prize

Oh God; the prize for killing over 40 inocent civilans might be ovr 1 million us dollars then. Congra Ms PM.

Why not they give him the crownship of Norway?

Email: fakalu51@hotmail.com

It is outrageous to honor a brutal dictator who has brought nothing but misery to his own people with such an award.

How can a MURDERER who recently ordered the killings of innocent citzens and has threatened to do more of the same be deserving of such an award? What a cruel joke!

May be the people who confer the award on Mr. Zenawi are firm believers in the Malthusian theory. If so they might think he is reducing poverty by mass murdering innocent citzens (unemployed youth, in his own words). The lower the population the higher the per capital income - makes perfect Malthusian sense!

I wonder what the price tag on the award was. I bet thousands of poor Ethiopians were left to starve to death as the aid money collected in their name was used to lobby for the "poverty reduction award" for Mr. Zenawi!

What a sad world we live in!

Let him murder and starve more people and they will give him the Noble Peace Prize. This is unbelievable!

This is nauseating. Meles has incredible PR committee. It seems they are fooling the whole world. He has the upper hand. The opposition leaders are house bound. They are unable to communicate to the out side leaders freely. Aren’t there representative of CUD out side of Ethiopia to communicate to the world leaders? In addition to his PR committee Meles has on his side all the Ethiopian ambassadors in every country to give good feedbacks for him. What a shame!!!

Stop this madness. Contact the committee and demand that they withdraw the award.

The Yara Price committee:

Dr. Thorleif Enger, President and CEO of Yara International ASA, Oslo.
Professor Pedro Sanchez, Director of Tropical Agriculture, the Earth Institute, Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Marco Quiñones, Regional Director for Africa, Sasakawa Global 2000, Addis Ababa.
Joan Holmes, President, The Global Hunger Project.
Dr. Peter Hartmann, Director General of the International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan, Nigeria.

Contact

Arne Cartridge, Media Relations
Telephone (+47) 24 15 73 01
Cellular (+47) 47 900 900
E-mail arne.cartridge@yara.com

Ingegerd Rafn, Media Relations
Telephone (+47) 24 15 72 46
Cellular (+47) 91 84 06 20
E-mail ingegerd.rafn@yara.com

What a joke!!

How many more cruel ironies do we have to witness right infront of our very eyes. This is all happening at the expense of the poor Ethiopian people who have to endure such a blunt dictator. It looks like the third world people are living in a diffrent planet.

God will save Ethiopia!!!

Email: abelay@shaw.ca

Meles keeps picking up prestigious prizes from all over the world. No Ethiopian leader has reached his stature. May the force be with him.

Meles' PR crew spends millions of dollars overseas, money taken away from the poor people, for the purpose of promoting his image in the eyes of his masters. This time he will lose, and will lose bad. We are going to make the idiotic Norwegian group regret that they made such an ignorant decision.

Why don't you call it 'RED REVOLUTION' and give him
addtional money to help him to kill other poor pepole of Ethiopia.

Email: MikeAts@Excite.com

City: Addis Abeba

What kind of joke is it? are the mean red terror award? It is shame.

Email: gone_p97@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Dears,

I am realy shocked when first I saw the tyran melese won the prize of your..... because every details of information that we and you know clearly indicates that melese does not deserve. foreget all about what he did before...but what he is doing at the moment following the may 15 election is extremely odd. no one in this world with the right mind will give prize to people like melese who order and killed more than 40 people in addis alone.

If you really work for the right of the poor of the 70 million you would not have done this. unless you are the puppet the melese you would not have done this. at less you should have cared fore millions of the ethiopian dispora who were crying since may 15 for justice in the country. you must have come from an other world who have no idea about the sitution in ethiopia since EPRDF come to power. I have no words to desribe your deed......

no matter what history and the coming generation of our love country will describe you and your action.

Email: peaceloveloveu@yahoo.com

Who the hell are these Norweigians to give a killer an award ? (A civilaized Nation ?)Did they know that there is still hunger in Ethiopia ? Have they deeply seen IMF report ? Why don't you pepole come and prove the 'economic growth' or the 'Green Revolution'.

Email: MikeAts@Excite.com

City: Addis Abeba

Do you think the white people bother about real democracy in Africa? This world is full of paradox. Since I saw Meles at G-8 summit with world great leaders of democracy, I am scandalized by the so called leaders. Therefore for them what matters is their interest not the interests & lives of our people.

Logic doesn't work with them, they gave a green revolution prize to Meles. They covered the prize with a beautiful name.

What surprised me is that the moment of the prize. God is above all!

Email: wegenetenesa@yahoo.com

Re: Well done our Prime Minister (Meles Zenawi)

Let's see this prize postively. We all Ethiopian should proud of having this great prize to our prime minster and we have to understand that under his leadership this is the achievement of all Ethiopians. So let's not try to defame what our country earns from international community.

At least let's we should learn to appereciate for the good deed he contribute and blame for what he failed to do.

Well done our Prime Minister Meles Zenawi, you should work hard to take out of all the problems it has. You have a long way and you were also ready to give your life for the best of this poor people, so here you have the chance at your hand to change your country and we will be with you at least to make feature generation life better than we have now.

Thanks!

Email: dfetwi@yahoo.com

Desta!

You are a man of courage stop the award.

On my part! I am laughing

They must be kidding.Ofcourse this is what he is good at, fooling the international community.I hope sombody will do something before this gets any further.

Email: billikiti@yahoo.com

City: Addis

Send to the committee the pictures of all the dead people Meles and his Nazi troops gunned down. Also send them that various report about 14 million people who are exposed to starvation under Meles watch.

Despite some shortcomings, honestly, he's done a lot and he really deserves it.

City: AA

I know he is the member of the secret society(666).The award committe is working for 666.

Email: Agebre@yahoo.com

City: ADDIS ABABA

Meles and his undercover lovers start coming out of the hall were they hiding for long time.Shame on you Norwaygian, full of fake people, filled with hate to Ethiopians.This is my message to all Norwaygian N.G.O who work in Ethiopia they need to leave our country right away we don't this kind of N.G.O who supporting the dictater and a murderer they need to leave our country right away i mean right away.All the Ethiopian people should let them know we can handel our own matter with our selves,we don't leba norwaygian.

May GOD PROTECT OUR COUNTRY FROM OUTSIDERS leboch

STARV,starv starv
KILL,kill kill

YOU WILL GET MORE PRIZE AND MONEY

Email: moll@rix.com

City: sthlm

Realy this is the dirty history for the awarder!

Email: melatta@yahoo.com

City: nn

how dare they award this monster?!!! what are these norwegians are thinking? is this a reward to Prime Monster Meles for torturing, murdering and starving Ethiopians?! disgraceful!!

What the hell is going on in this world! More starvation and hunger is hovering over this country and you still say so called Ethiopian leader deserves an award for making the country food self sufficint or whatever . Please come to your conscious and check closely as to what is happening in this mutilated country of ours.

Email: habtamudebalkie@yahoo.com

It is a good gift for the Premier before he leaves office. This is done by the Norwegian government to acknowledge the tyranny regime. Norway will one day regret it.

Email: endrias2005@hotmail.com

Dear all,

We, Ethiopians, would have been proud if the prize was awarded based on genuine figures. Which figures did the "Yara Foundation & Prize" consider? The Central Statistics Office's (CSO)? Please let us not full ourselves. Everybody, especially those citizens living in their home country, knows that the figures that the government release are unrealistic. The figures of the Ethiopian Economic and Research Institute, which is a neutral body, are totally different from the CSO's.

I think that "Yara Foundation & Prize" should consider these facts before naming a winner. This can give us an image on the credibility of the foundation.

May God be with us!

Email: mekliteth@yahoo.com

It is sad to see the so called "civilised nation" Norway- blindly- with out investigation awards a murdrer. Do they care? the blood of an african doesn't count. if Meles give an order to kill few animals from norwegian zoo they will acuse him at the Heauge.Norwegian were hulping EPLF to destroy Ethiopia. now they got an ethiopian leader to destroy his own country and they reward him for that.
Shame on you!!!!

City: Netherlands

Interesting fun!!!

They are going to accept his question of asylum after Ethiopians down him from his power in short time.

Email: guuttee@yahoo.com

People lets flood their website by sending emails or messages to tell them that they are enymiie of Ethiopian people

I sent the following

To
Sbject: Your Award to Zenawi

Dear Sir.

You Award to our prime minister Melese Zenawi is so fuuny.

Actually I could not blame you since you didnot know our country's situation in depth.

How could a dictator, whose human rights watch record is the worest in the world is a nomine for your Award?

" Ethiopia Faces Massive Food Shortage
ADDIS ABABA - Nov 14/02 - IRIN -- The World Food Program (WFP) has warned that it faces massive shortages to feed millions facing starvation Ethiopia. It called on the international community to come forward with aid to help avert the crisis.

The Ethiopian government estimates that 14 million people will be in need of food aid by early next year. The warning came as Prime Minister Meles Zenawi made an impassioned plea for help.

He said Ethiopia was unable to cope alone, and that the crisis had outstripped the 1984 famine, during which one million of the 7.9 million affected people died.

The drought has hit many parts of Ethiopia, taking a massive toll of the country's main harvest -- the Meher. An assessment of the failed rains is currently being carried out to gauge the impact of the drought. Some 40% of the country's maize and sorghum comes from the Meher harvest.

"Donor contributions have covered the most acute needs over recent months, but by early next year the number of drought-affected Ethiopians will rise dramatically. The food aid pledges received so far are nowhere near enough," said Georgia Shaver, the WFP representative in Ethiopia.

"In the worst-case scenario, up to 14 million people will require around two million ton of food aid, costing US $700 million. If donors respond quickly, we can still help avoid immense human suffering in Ethiopia," she added.

WFP alone needs $80 million worth of food for the first quarter of 2003, and a similar sum is needed in bilateral contributions to the government and NGOs.

The UN food agency said malnutrition rates had reached alarming levels in some parts of the country. In the northeastern regional state of Afar -- one of the worst-affected areas -- malnutrition rates are around 30%. According to the Ethiopian government's emergency arm, 15% is seen as critical.

The drought has also had a crippling effect on livestock. Half a million head of cattle have died in Afar, thereby wiping out one of the main coping mechanisms for drought-stricken families.

"We are currently distributing food in affected areas to contain the crisis, but if we don't get more pledges quickly, aid agencies' relief stocks will run out in January, and the situation will rapidly deteriorate," said Shaver.

So far this year, WFP has received contributions totalling over 300,000 metric tons (MT) of food ($130 million) to feed about three million people per month in Ethiopia.

Copyright (c) UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs 2002"

Email: myname@yahoo.com

City: Bruseels

forget it

Forget it I know this figurs because I was one of the staffs of central statistical autority (CSA)

Email: ayele134@yahoo.com

City: addis Abeba

Families of the murdered victimes don't even have enough money to bury their children, and Norway gives $200,000 to the mass murderer. He will murder more students, and he will get more reward from Norway. What kind of cruel people are these? Why do they think it's a good idea to award some body who murders innocent Ethiopians? What did we do to Norway to deserve this?

My freinds this company(fertilizer) is represented by Noble and Trstworzy house plc in Ethiopia.Noble has close relation to EPRDF and rund by Bisrat G/Egziaber

Zenawi adding a few thousand dollars to his bank balance does not alter the fact that he is a mass murderer and the most brutal fascist alive in Africa.
It does not alter the fact that Ethiopia is the 3rd poorest country in the world,
that it relies on food aid to keep the population alive from year to year,
that disease is rampant and AIDS is the major killer in the country.
The truth speaks for itself.
Ultimately, only the Ethioipan people are the ones who decide on the fate of Zenawi, and they have given their verdict loudly and clearly. They have said he should go, and so should he.

Dear Ato Ayele,

Are you saying that Central Statistical Authority (CSA)[sorry for my previous mistake] releases genuine figures?

Email: mekliteth@yahoo.com

BIG JOCK!!!!!

THE LORD OF BEGGARS!

Email: mamo@yahoo.com

THIS IS NOTHING COMPAIRING TO WHAT HE HAS BEEN ACHIEVING. THE PRIME MINSTER DESERVE LOT MORE AWARDS.

LET'S GIVE APPLAUD!

This whole stuff the west (theWhites) are doing is full of paradox and inconsistencies. Of all the times, crowning a leader whose internal legitimacy at this moment is nothing but clear absurdity. The Norwegians must be out of their minds.

Email: Jirru@yahoo.com

City: Finfinnee

Dr. Thorleif Enger, President and CEO of Yara International ASA,

It is really a sad news that your organization has nominated the dictator regime Meles as the winner. I didn't thought your organisation is working to reward dictators. What does this award mean to African? That is a complete insult to the African people. You people are ganging with this dictator. He used to kill 40 people each year. He fired 300 Stdents from Addis Ababa University for protesting his idea. He slaughtered more than 30 thousand people in the ethio-eritrean war in the name of sovergnity. He has done ethnic cleansing in Gambela region of Ethiopia. He is trying to rig his people voice. The first time in history more than 15 million people are starved in Ethiopia in this regime era. He has been in power for the last 14 years and he trying to stay for another five years with out he will of the paople.

This is the man you nominated. What a shame for you.The bible says " Ethiopia will stretch its hand to God". Go will be with us. We will overcome in the help of God all what you whites are doing against the people of Ethiopia. You are awarding him for killing poor Ethiopian people!!! You can even mae the president of Norway. You know what you did against the people of ethiopia who sheltered in yor refuges camps.

We don't judge you because you don't know what a repression mean. But we are suffering it. But we are not dull but poor. You can't play with us. This award will not bring any negative on our struglle to get rid of this regime.
God bless Ethiopia

Kidane

Email: gemorawkidane@yahoo.com

Ethiopia Hagre Mongh nesch Telala
Y emotelsch kerto Yegedelesch bela

Email: sd@yahoo.de

YEAH YEAH, He deserves hell not this one.

Look how crazy this old world is.It's clear that he redused the number of starved poor by 40 last june. He killed them & calimed that they're vagabonds. Hell no.What The hell does it have to do with green revolution. If it was beacause they saw Ethiopia is green now from Aerial view, It,s only because he doesn't have a say in God's Affair.
Oh Goodness me don't let me now the deeds of this crazy people.

Email: despo@me.com

City: chagny

THERE YOU HAVE IT!WHAT AN AFFRRONT AND DISPICABLE ARROGANCE TO THE PEPOLE OF ETHIOPIA!FROM A PEOPLE MOSTLY CONSDERED TO BE LEVEL-HEADED,AND NON-RASCEST.
WHAT TOUCHED THE NERVE OF THESE OTHERWISE ICED-ASS NORWEGIAN TO LET DOWN THERE HIPOCRITICAL GUARD?
IT IS THE WORLD ACCLAIMED AND RESPONSIBLE CONDUCT OF ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE IN THE LAST ELECTION OF MAY 15.FINALLY AFRICAN,GIVEN THE CHANCE CAN CHANGE GOVERMENT WITH OUT THE NEED OF GUNS FROM NORWAY OR WESTERN WORLD.THIS IS A NO!NO!******S MUST BE KEPT IN THERE PLACE.AND AFRICA MUST REMAIN A SAFARY-LAND FOR WHITE FREEZED-ASS RAMPAGE WHILE THE FRICANS REMAIN IN TRIBLZED NONENTIES LOOKING FOR A HAND OUT FROM THERE D-0-N-O-R-S(21ST CENTUARY NEW NAME FOR OLD MASTERS)
GET IT IN YOUR HEAD ONCE AND FOR ALL!WE ARE IN WAY INFEROR TO YOU!WITH HELP OF OUR GOD,THE GOD OF ABRAHAM!THE GOD OF ISAAC!AND THE GOD OF JOSEPH,WE WILL OVER-COME THIS EVIL TRAP YOU HAVE SETUP FOR US.REMEBER MUSSOLINI!FELLOW NOWEGIANS;HAW HE TURNED ROUND AND BIT YOU AND THEN ENDED UP BY HANGING UP-SIDE DOWN!!
LIKE IT OR NOT,BROTHERS,NORWEGIANS ETHIOPIA WILL BE A DEMOCRATIC COUTRY.DEMOCRACY HAS NO COLOUR AND IS NOT A MONOPOLY OF WHITE PEPOLE,AS YOU CLAIM IT TO BE
GOD BLESS.

Email: messayewossen@yahoo.com

City: los angels

PLz every body let as send E-mail to the prize commitee or call them and ask them to reconcider the
award .and the prize has to be given to other african
leader.the E-mail adress is.

thorleif.enger@yara.com

Email: solomon@yahoo.com

This is almost to generalize that most of the International Communities are running to maximize their Dirty efforts to oppress Innocent peoples like Ethiopians by encouraging such a dictator and Murder rulers. We must recall that this is about the End of the World, and God is Laughing at them while They are jumping into the Hell.

Ethiopians should only trust by them selves and their Lord. The end of the game is about to come, and We Ethiopians will win all the Dirties!

Long life to Ethiopia, Ethiopians, and Peace Lovers!
Failur to Melis and His Lovers!

Email: quitlaugh@yahoo.com

Norway shame of you
what a sad day will be
to the ETHIOPIA PEOPLE
ALLover the world sep/3 2005

Email: TEKA

Why make it look like anything and everything done is for and by the PM. Aren't we agrandizing him inadvertently. I believe there are many things that will continue to be done for the country regardless of the leadership and the political situation. Correct me if I'm wrong: Is the PM pocketing this money? Is the winner the PM as an individual or the country?

City: Cincinnati

The question raised by Taddess has been in my mind too. Is the money goes directly to Melese or Ethiopia as a country (but it is odd to say Ethiopia because even if it is said that it belogs to the country who is making sure that it is going for the development of our country)????

Email: tarike@yahoo.com

thorleif.enger@yara.com, ingegerd.rafn@yara.com

Dear sir/madams,

I read the winner of your award from the media with disbelieve. How come a tyrant and mass murderer get an award from a civilized institute lik yours? Do you really have real data about the country which PM Zenawi is controlling. Write now as we write/read this message nearly 12 million of Ethiopians are waiting for international aid for food. Voice of Ethiopian people in may 15 election is denied and the outcome of the election is not yet known because the dictator Meles Zenawi is not willing to give power to the elected government.

Do you have any idea about the people who are slaughtered in day light in Addis Ababa in early June? More than 36 unarmed students shoot dead by the security forces ordered by Zenawi. These civilians did nothing wrong except they raised their concern on the irregularities of vote counting by the election board which is directly appointed by the Prime Minister Zenawi.

So my question is how Norwegians who are supposed to be the champions of democracy and freedom award a dictator in Africa who is known for his killings? I am sure you could have a solid argument for this but me i couldn't get any.

Acknowledging the dictator helps him to advance his non democratic actions and harms Ethiopians and I hope you will reconsider your decision and speak for the poor and oppressed people of Ethiopia.

With regards,

Dany

Email: danygr2004@yahoo.co.uk

Yara ( a fertilizer producing company) has every right to give commision to its product sales person. The 200,000 dollars Meles got is nothing but a commision he owe to the company for his service. Infact this good and what else do we want other than this to prove that he is a corrupt leader?

Tadesse & Tarike:
Come on! Haven’t you seen the list of multi millionaires of Meles and his gangs? They even have stolen millions of money that was sent in the name of Ethiopian people let alone this check they are going to hand to him.

I really think people need to write to Norwegians main news media to investigate this matter. I believe this is an award to Meles for doing a multi millionaire business with this Fertilizer Co. It needs to be investigated. I have a feeling this is corrupted Co. I doubt it is going to make any difference to write to them. There is no question in my mind these people are aware of the atrocity Meles has committed on Ethiopian people. They just want their business to continue under Meles’ govt.

Hi Guys,

1. I wonder whether these white people want our continued existence in this part of our planet. Meles is sworn to demolish Ethiopia from the face of the earth by dividing the people into tiny segments, so-called tribes. He has that agenda in public and in his constitution. Norwegians dont have much land, they have land area that is less than Arsi. They have hidden agenda. Be suspecious.

2. For murdering some 40 Ethiopians, harrassing the entire nation, imprisoning thousands of opposition leaders and supporters, and decreeing a police state will offer $200.000 prize. If he kills 100 and imprisons the entire nation, they will offer him how much, a billion dollars? Just multiply by the number he kills. Norwegians will be counting on the number of people killed to calcualte how much to offer the tyrant.
3. Also guys, I want to remind you one major thing. Although I dont leave in Norway, I know there are many Tigres marrying Norwegians by arranged marriage and have strong family ties with the tyrants tibal base. Even there are many investers in Ethiopia who publicly or secretly operate in the Woyane comapnies. These family ties do play a substantial role. Norway is a small country and they can easily be misguided by Woyane diaspora via families

4. The timing is real wonderfu. Just a while after the massacring of Addis Ababans, they award him for the job well done by him. It appears that they wanted to counterbalance the internationally condemned human rights violation.
5. Once Ethiopia is free of Woyane, Norway will automatically be driven out of the country
6. Oppostion parties and supporters should work as woyanes in diaspora. Marry and inermarry to have their influence as well. Get involved in individual countries political ladder and have impact on politics at home, like Jews of America do for their homeland Israel.

Thanks,

Email: abathun@yahoo.com

City: BD

They give him a prize it is really ridiculous. He can't deserve. No body knows our situation. From all the crime he did to Ethiopians. You believe it or not you will not get Ethiopia for the near future. He divided with ethnic group. He is not an Ethiopian man. He is really an evil person; even we don't know him where he came. But God will pay him double fold what he did with the country and the people. We, who are living in Ethiopia now waiting God's answer, we don't expect an answer from the UN or from the rich countries. God will come soon for Ethiopia and for Ethiopians.

Let me ask you the OSLO prize giver, do you really know Ethiopian, how we live and how we feed ourselves. We Ethiopian's didn't have word, but think about it before you give him. We know you have money why don't you come to Ethiopia and ask the people the rural and the urban. You will get an answer. How Ethiopian's hate him, how they pray to God day and night to remove this evil from our country. Do you really think that the people of Ethiopia made a queue to vote him? No! to remove him from Ethiopia. Our hatred is beyond our control.

Dear Awarder,

Do you have any idea about what you have done? Please try to open your eyes wide enough to see what really is going on in Ethiopia? Do you know that 12 million people are in need of immediate food aid? Do you know that the farmers in each part of Ethiopia are paying for electing other parties than the EPRDF regime? Or did you just have to spend the money immediately and could not make any excuses? Really, people of Ethiopia will be against your acts and will no longer have a positive image for Norweigians any longer. Shame on you all! Let God punish you for all what you did. If there is any room for correction, please do it immediately.

Email: chuchuvip@yahoo.com

City: New York

To YARA Company executives

Greetings

First I would like to say that you all have insulted the Ethiopian people.

It is amazing that a company like yours has the audacity to even consider getting involved in enriching and glorifying an individual who has committed so many atrocities against the Ethiopian people. His grandfather and father worked with the Italians when they tried unsuccessfully to colonize Ethiopia. He has committed all kinds of fraud on the Ethiopian people.

Your company may have benefited from sales of fertilizer to his dictatorship and this must be a kickback to him for benefiting your company and raping the Ethiopian people. At the moment we do not have a choice but to be insulted by your company and by nation who do not care about others but their own and those who benefit them.

There will be a time that the Ethiopian people will assume their proper rights and sovereignty and then we will see if you will benefit from our country and people.

If there is any decency in the minds and hearts of the people who manage and administer your company......you will withdraw and recall this award be aligned with the Ethiopian people and send a message to the world that mistakes can be rectified.

Thank You

Email: nls@yahoo.com

City: Richmond VA, USA

Forget it. It will bring no change to our struggle. The west are crazy. They did award Mobutu Seseseko as well. Do they care? Not at all. They were manipulated by the woyane propogandist. How many of you know the company called The Noble & Trust Worthy House here in Addis run by Bisrta G/Egziabher (office is Bole Road)? Yes This co. represents more than 200 companies worldwide. It is not member of the EFFORT group but very much linked with Meles & his wife. YARA is one of them. The work together in providing agricultural inputs to Ethiopia. Take it easy this USD 200,000 is just Meles's commission. For me it is no an award. It is a reward for the corruption made around this business. You don't know how these crooked woyanes are working and moving. We have to awake. You can expect another award at any time from now. They have big budget for lobbying. Did you forget? Arkebe was named the best African Mayor and was awarded few days before the election. He was thrown away with his fresh award. We will throw away Meles the blood sucker with all his awards very soon. We should organize ourselves. So, join politicl parties that are ETHIOPIAN or create new ones wherever you are. "Ye Ethiopia tinsae kirb new ****ikim".

Having said this, how about organizing a petion for this crazy Norwegians? can somebody help. I don't know how to creat it. Can somebody volunuree here? Also sending individual e-mails to these people will have a great importance. I am just sending mine now.

Re: Meles Zarkawi Receiving Prize from Company that sells fertilizer to Ethiopia

This appears to be a PR effort to resucitate Meles' badly damaged image. This award was never given before. It appears to have been specifically created for Meles by the folks who sell fertilizer to EPRDF. This fetilizer business does not smell good.

See below
Here's what the company that wants to award Meles says about itself
http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/132/132754.html
Yara International ASA Company Profile

Yara International tries to make the world green -- and, in the process, make a little green of its own. The manufacturer of fertilizers and industrial gases is among the world's largest plant nutrient companies and ammonia producers and marketers, selling more than 20 million metric tons of fertilizer per year. It is also a top supplier of CO2 and nitrogen chemicals to industrial markets and of nitrates to the explosives industry. Environmental operations include manufacturing products to improve the taste of drinking water and reduce nitric oxide pollution. Formerly known as Hydro Agri, the company was spun off in early 2004 by Norwegian alumnium maker Norsk Hydro. Yara markets its products worldwide.

Email: ny555@aol.com

You are fertilizer salers and he is your coustomer. That is it. Don't give it a cover by African people name. You can sell him more next year and award him another million. We don't care for that. But you should know that how Ethiopian farmers are crying of your fertilser debts. It is a biggggggggggggg shame for you to award this monster. We understand that it is business. But you should think twice. This business will not stay longer as the monster will be get away from the farmers shoulder.

Shame for you

Email: gemorawkidane@yahoo.com

How come a brutal dictator who killed more than 40 and arrested in thousands can win this kind of award. I think, it is COMMISSION for BUYING FERTILIZER from this YARA Fertilizer Industry. You see instead of giving him a commission directly, Meles and YARA fertilizer industry agree to make as a prize. This is a joke playing on the poor ethiopian people. It is our money collected from the poor farmer. I say it "The hayna's Prize"

Email: mensur2004@hotmail.com

Like any other prize, is it NOT based on the accumulation of evidence that an individual satisfies at least minimal criteria for the prize.

Is it that same Meles Naziawi who is a social predator, who charm, manipulate, and ruthlessly plow his way through life, leaving a broad trail of broken hearts, shattered expectations, and empty wallets. Completely lacking in conscience and feelings for others, who selfishly takes what he wants and does as it pleases him, violating social norms and expectations without the slightest sense of guilt or regret? Hey, it should be a name sake.

Is it that same MELES NAZIAWI whose hallmark is a stunning lack of conscience, and whose game is self-gratification at the other person´s expense. Come on, you should be kidding!

If you think about it, you will realize that what is missing in this picture are the very qualities that allow human beings to live in social harmony. It is not a pretty picture, and some express doubt that such a person like Meles Naziawi exist. Please don’t pull my leg by telling me he got a prize.

Meles Naziawi’s acts result not from a deranged mind, but from cold, calculating rationality combined with a chilling inability to treat others as thinking, feeling, human beings. Are you serious this MONSTER got a prize? I guess you are joking!

The so far personal history of Meles NAZIAWI is a deeply disturbing inability to care about the pain and suffering experienced by others – in short, a complete lack of empathy, the prerequisite for love. Hey, it should be “july the fool”. It is unthinkable that any rational person gives any prize to this MONSTER. I can never ever believe this.

Meles NAZIAWI lied endlessly, lazily, about everything, and it disturbed him not a whit whenever someone like the BBC journalist points out something in his file that contradicted one of his lies. He would simply change the subject and spin off in a different direction. And yet you dare to tell me he got a prize? No, no, no, no, it can’t be. It should be a hoax.

If what you are saying is true, what fascinated the NORWAY guys should be that Meles NAZIAWI remains absolutely unflappable even after his deceit is revealed – Perhaps what fascinated the NORWAY guys most should be what in his psychological makeup, gave Meles NAZIAWI the power to override reality, apparently without compunction or concern?

This prize may further strengthen his narcissistic and glossy inflated view of himself, worth and importance, a truly astonishing egocentricity and sense of entitlement, and may see himself as the center of the universe, as superior beings, who is justified in living according to his own rules. Don’t be surprised if he next time come across as arrogant, shameless braggarts-self-assured, opinionated, domineering, and cockey.

The prize will strengthen Meles NAZIAWI”S a stunning lack of concern for the devastating effects his actions have on others. As you all remember he was completely forthright about the recent massacre, calmly stating that he has no sense of guilt, he is not sorry for the pain and destruction he has caused, and that there is no reason for him to be concerned

Meles NAZIAWI”S lack of remorse or guilt is associated with a remarkable ability to ratianalize his behavior and to shrug of personal responsibility, for actions that cause shock and disappointment to family, friends, associates and others who have played by the rules. Usually he has excuses for his behavior, and in some cases he denies that it happened at all. In an ironic twist, Meles frequently see himself as the real victims. In the recent election, he said vote rigged by the opposition.

Did they give him the prize for this ability? Hey, hey hey don’t make me mad. It can’t be true.

Meles NAZIAWI views people as little more than objects to be used for his own gratisfaction. The weak and the vulnerable – whom he mocks , rather than pitty – are favorite targets.

When caught in a lie or challenge with the truth, he is seldom perplexed or embarrassed, he simply change his stories or attempt to rework the facts so that they appear to be consistent with the lie. Are you saying this man got a prize?

Meles Naziaw seem proud of his ability to lie. Many observers get the impression that he sometimes is unaware that he is lying, it is as if the words take on a life of their own, unfettered by the speakers knowledge that the observer is aware of the facts.
My fellow citizens, don’t expect dramatic changes. To a large extent, the personality of Meles Naziawi is ”carved in stone”. There is little likelihood that anything you do will produce fundamental, sustained changes in how he sees himself or others.

Finally, given his glibness and the facility with which he lies, it is not surprising that Meles NAZIAWI successfully cheats, bilks, defrauds, cons, and manipulates some countries and have not the slightest compunction about doing so.

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

Really it is a bad history for both: Meles to receive this small amount of money compared to his deposit in Malaysia, and awarders to give for the ruthless gangster in the Ethiopian history who wants to satisfy his thirsty with innocents’ blood!

Email: peace@yahoo.com

City: debere-zeit

Like any other prize, is it NOT based on the accumulation of evidence that an individual satisfies at least minimal criteria for the prize.

Is it that same Meles Naziawi who is a social predator, who charm, manipulate, and ruthlessly plow his way through life, leaving a broad trail of broken hearts, shattered expectations, and empty wallets. Completely lacking in conscience and feelings for others, who selfishly takes what he wants and does as it pleases him, violating social norms and expectations without the slightest sense of guilt or regret? Hey, it should be a name sake.

Is it that same MELES NAZIAWI whose hallmark is a stunning lack of conscience, and whose game is self-gratification at the other person´s expense. Come on, you should be kidding!

If you think about it, you will realize that what is missing in this picture are the very qualities that allow human beings to live in social harmony. It is not a pretty picture, and some express doubt that such a person like Meles Naziawi exist. Please don’t pull my leg by telling me he got a prize.

Meles Naziawi’s acts result not from a deranged mind, but from cold, calculating rationality combined with a chilling inability to treat others as thinking, feeling, human beings. Are you serious this MONSTER got a prize? I guess you are joking!

The so far personal history of Meles NAZIAWI is a deeply disturbing inability to care about the pain and suffering experienced by others – in short, a complete lack of empathy, the prerequisite for love. Hey, it should be “july the fool”. It is unthinkable that any rational person gives any prize to this MONSTER. I can never ever believe this.

Meles NAZIAWI lied endlessly, lazily, about everything, and it disturbed him not a whit whenever someone like the BBC journalist points out something in his file that contradicted one of his lies. He would simply change the subject and spin off in a different direction. And yet you dare to tell me he got a prize? No, no, no, no, it can’t be. It should be a hoax.

If what you are saying is true, what fascinated the NORWAY guys should be that Meles NAZIAWI remains absolutely unflappable even after his deceit is revealed – Perhaps what fascinated the NORWAY guys most should be what in his psychological makeup, gave Meles NAZIAWI the power to override reality, apparently without compunction or concern?

This prize may further strengthen his narcissistic and glossy inflated view of himself, worth and importance, a truly astonishing egocentricity and sense of entitlement, and may see himself as the center of the universe, as superior beings, who is justified in living according to his own rules. Don’t be surprised if he next time come across as arrogant, shameless braggarts-self-assured, opinionated, domineering, and cockey.

The prize will strengthen Meles NAZIAWI”S a stunning lack of concern for the devastating effects his actions have on others. As you all remember he was completely forthright about the recent massacre, calmly stating that he has no sense of guilt, he is not sorry for the pain and destruction he has caused, and that there is no reason for him to be concerned

Meles NAZIAWI”S lack of remorse or guilt is associated with a remarkable ability to ratianalize his behavior and to shrug of personal responsibility, for actions that cause shock and disappointment to family, friends, associates and others who have played by the rules. Usually he has excuses for his behavior, and in some cases he denies that it happened at all. In an ironic twist, Meles frequently see himself as the real victims. In the recent election, he said vote rigged by the opposition.

Did they give him the prize for this ability? Hey, hey hey don’t make me mad. It can’t be true.

Meles NAZIAWI views people as little more than objects to be used for his own gratisfaction. The weak and the vulnerable – whom he mocks , rather than pitty – are favorite targets.

When caught in a lie or challenge with the truth, he is seldom perplexed or embarrassed, he simply change his stories or attempt to rework the facts so that they appear to be consistent with the lie. Are you saying this man got a prize?

Meles Naziaw seem proud of his ability to lie. Many observers get the impression that he sometimes is unaware that he is lying, it is as if the words take on a life of their own, unfettered by the speakers knowledge that the observer is aware of the facts.
My fellow citizens, don’t expect dramatic changes. To a large extent, the personality of Meles Naziawi is ”carved in stone”. There is little likelihood that anything you do will produce fundamental, sustained changes in how he sees himself or others.

Finally, given his glibness and the facility with which he lies, it is not surprising that Meles NAZIAWI successfully cheats, bilks, defrauds, cons, and manipulates some countries and have not the slightest compunction about doing so.

This is not Norwegian Gvt sponsored prize. There are groups who promote such events against payment and this is one of them. Who knows how much has been paid through the lobbists?

We see that killing 40 people brings in $200000, How doe Meles Maximize his unearned income( sorry, earned!!)next time? go figure.

I totally agree with what schwebel commented. I detest tribalism in any form

Email: hrobert@yahoo.com

Fellow ethiopians. We should not be surprised by the award fo Meles. This need to give us some good lesson though. We should not expect foreigners to stand for us. Our destiny and fate fall entirely in our hand. So brothers and sisters, let's shape and and do something for our country ? What ? I have no idea... let's start the thinking process at least on what we could do for our country.

Email: tazabi@yahoo.com

City: chicago

Hagere Ethiopia:
I read your wonderful article posted above. You are one of the finest son of Ethiopia. I am writing this message to ask the MODERATOR to post your message all over at the different forums. Keep it up. I am proud of you. While the Mamo Qilos are busy with useless gossips, you are doing a great job.

Email: gwaka@yahoo.com

Hiwot Robert:
I agree with you.

Adding insult to an injury....

What a joke at the expense of the Ethiopian people.

They must have dug deep in the trash to come up with this one.

Ajirea

It is the biggest mistake in Norwegian history. It is insulting the Ethiopian people. I know the Norwegian government attitude towards pluralistic society. They like minority and support all minority and separatist movements. They are always against large and populous society. Because they fill that they themselves are minority with respect to the world society.

It is the biggest mistake in Norwegian history. It is insulting the Ethiopian people. I know the Norwegian government attitude towards pluralistic society. They like minority and support all minority and separatist movements. They are always against large and populous society. Because they fill that they themselves are minority with respect the To world society.

Yara International ASA, Value-Added Services, Ammonia, Potash
Business model and global reach
Yara International ASA, a global player in the fertilizer industry, has its core business in production and marketing of nitrogen fertilizer such as urea and nitrates. Yara International ASA also produces and sells ammonia, the key raw material for all nitrogen fertilizers.

To complement its nitrogen based product offerings, Yara International ASA also markets third-party sourced phosphate and potash fertilizers containing the other two primary plant nutrients, phosphorous (P) and potassium (K).

In addition, Yara International ASA markets value-added specialty fertilizers, as well as certain industrial gases, nitrogen chemicals and technical nitrates that, in general, are co-products of its fertilizer operations.

Since 1999, Yara International ASA has grown both organically and through well-timed acquisitions in key growth markets.

Any one can get the prize. You pay and you get it.
He imported fertlizers from this group. Money rotates the world. It is not new.

Shame on you Norwegians, If your standards made Meles a winner of an award probably Hitler would have qualified for some kind of an award at your organization. This is really disgusting and unacceptable. You guys are sending a dangerous message to the third world people that are suffering under tyrant leaders like the one you just awarded.

Email: haklilu@gmail.com

City: Jackson

IT IS THE WEST WHOM ARE BLIND ONLY APPROVING WRONG AGENDA AND THOUGHTS AGAINST AFRICAN . NORWAY IS JUST GUARD . WHAT PRIZE FOR WHO ??? PLS MIND !!

IT IS GOOD IF THEY PAY THIS MONEY FOR THE FAMILY OF THE SCHOOL-CHILDREN WHOM ARE KILLED IN THE DAY LIGHT AT ADDIS ABABA STREET, THEY CRYING FOR DEMOCRACY IN AFRICA . THE HOME OF AU AND CANDLE OF ALL AFRICA !!

Email: meska313@hotmail.com

City: Aden

Hi people.

It is surprise how people judge!!!

Now lets stop wandering here and there and think what we have to do.
Action is more imptotant!

Email: sam19942002@yahoo.com

City: Boston

Protest letters to Yara PLC for awarding Meles

Yara International ASA a Norwegian multibillion-fertilizer company has decided to give an award to Meles Zenawi. The award, wrongly named, African Green Revolution Yara Prize, amounts to $200,000. The company has a big business appetite in Africa and Ethiopia is a key business target for the giant chemical industry. TPLF controlled business companies are already doing business with Yara. The award appears to be a bribe for the notorious Merchant of Hunger Meles Zenawi. Yara might have seen the Grand Palace greening, not Ethiopia whose people have been starving to death due to the scorched earth policy of the TPLF for the last 3 decades.
Please write to Yara International condemning their insensitivity by awarding Meles Zenawi for his crimes against humanity. In the aftermath of massacring over 40 civilian protesters, maiming nearly 150 and jailing over 4000 Ethiopians, Yara is shameless to come up with an award for a criminal.

For further information about the unethical company, www.yara.com.

Please send protest letters to:

Thorleif Enger, Yara President and CEO (Chair)

Yara International ASA

Bygdøy allé 2
P.O. Box 2464, Solli
N-0202 Oslo
Norway

Tel: 47 24 15 70 00
Fax: 47 24 15 70 01

Yara@yara.com

Guys, does it not seem that they were in a hurry to do a pre-emptive 'strike' on the news that there were more millions starved in Ethiopia this year, too, despite what they said we had a surplus production this year (of course, due to the fertilizer we bought from them)?

And also the fact that this is the beginning of a new budget year, that includes that of purchase plan for fertilizers, doesn't one suspect the motive of this 'foundation' that it is concerned about its products sales than human rights?

I do not take awards at face value, myself: do you?

Meles Zenawi awarded the first African.....

Please note the following the statement:

"Yara International ASA is the world's leading supplier of mineral fertilizers with particular strength in nitrogen based fertilizers. Yara sells more than 20 million tonnes of mineral fertilizers in more than 120 countries...."

So it is easy to see the reason why "The Yara Prize 2005 awarded to Meles Zenawi". It is obivious many of our country fertilizers are run by the ruling party-affiliated companies and hence such a reward for good client and owner of fertilizer retailing companies.

Hagere:
This is Lemlem, you remember me? This is the person you tore apart. (Just kidding) Anyhow, I think it is a well-written message you should post it.

This the E-mail I sent and a soft diplomatic version of my outcry.
TO:
Dr. Thorleif Enger, President and CEO of Yara
International ASA, Oslo.
Professor Pedro Sanchez, Director of Tropical
Agriculture, the Earth Institute, Columbia University,
New York.
Dr. Marco Quiñones, Regional Director for Africa,
Sasakawa Global 2000, Addis Ababa.
Joan Holmes, President, The Global Hunger Project.
Dr. Peter Hartmann, Director General of the
International Institute for Tropical Agriculture
(IITA), Ibadan, Nigeria.

Dear Sirs:

I thank you very much for your concern for improving
agricultural production in Ethiopia and for your
financial and material help to alleviate poverty and
hunger in Ethiopia.

Your recent decision to award Mr. Meles Zenawi is
going to be viewed as a slap in the face by 70 million Ethiopians who live under the brutal dictatorship of the government he leads. How do you think will the parents,relatives and friends of the 40 people killed on June 8, and over 100 innocent people shot on this date receive this news. The answer is, "With utter shock and a cry for justice". Do you realize, that for the first time in our history, the number of Ethiopians who are affected by drought and starvation has now climbed to 16 million people? The only reason millions of Ethiopians are not dying from starvation is because of the large amounts of food aid Ethiopia gets from international donors, not because of Mr. Meles' "great, evolutionary" economic policy.

At the moment, I can confidently share with you the
undeniable fact that Meles Zenawi is most probably the most unpopular and maybe even the most hated Ethiopian next to the previous Ethiopian leader, Col. Mengistu.
Therefore, it goes without saying, that your decision
to award this prize to Mr. Meles will highly tarnish
the honorable names of your excellencies, Mr. Kofi
Annan, and most directly and importantly, the name and future business interests of YARA INTERNATIONAL ASA.

I truly believe it is not too late to reverse this
decision and to minimize the damage done already by
this unfortunate announcement. Ethiopians all over the world are counting on your good judgement and
anxiously waiting for your verdict.

Sincerely,

Ted Gebreyes.
Wahington, DC

Email: tewodross@yahoo.com

City: Wahington, DC

Great job, Ted

Why don't we all write similar letter? Also call them on the phone.

Dear peace loving people, this is one of the practical the reactions the murdered, imprisoned, disappeared, hungry, poor, sick--- Ethiopian getting from the west (north). They know everything what meles naziawi have done and still is doing in Ethiopia. Instead of condemning, they gave him prize for his cruelty. This shows the west stand towards Ethiopia and the Ethiopian people. I’m afraid they would continue assisting him on his campaign destroying Ethiopia.
We have to completely take our matter on our hand. Norway is a very small country with 4 million inhabitants. We have no reason to look after them while we have lots of abilities to be ourselves. If they want, they can give him one of their princess. If we don't take our matter on our hand deciding including with our life, they will continue playing with us using criminals such as meles Naziawi. If we stay weak, they will remain cheat players against Ethiopia. Please, the Ethiopian people, the time is now or never. Most people in the west are with the Ethiopian people. We have to do something practical, to show the world the truth what is going on in our country. Mass demonstration must happen soon rather than latter. Politicians in the west have their open and secret policy rather than doing the right thing. Only the people have the power to change their mind towards our country. Human being is created differences among nations. By nature our country is more suitable that those from the cold. So, we have to take our matter on our hand.

Email: tola@hotmail.com

City: A.A

Whoever you are!!!
Thank you for insulting the Ethiopian people. We Ethiopians are full of pride and the only African people defeat the white on the battle field. You will do whatever it takes to revenge you historical defeat. In order to revenge us, you do not have to be Italian; having similar color is good enough.

Your name will be remembered opposite to the following killed people by Meles Zenawi. look for the following link so that you may be happier>>> http://www.tamagne.com/video/innocentvictims.rm

Proud Ethiopian

Email: Ethiopian

Well, a fertilizer producing Norwegian firm gave an award to one of its major customers, namely Meles Zenawi, whose government controls the distribution of fertilizers in Ethiopia. So what is new?! Didn't Meles solicit an honorary Ph.D prize from a dubious Korean temple? Why are all the institutions that confer an award to Meles Zenawi of such dubious repute? How many million dollars worth of fertilizers did Meles' regime buy from Yara before he got a measlly $200k kick-back money back? The people at Yara are so worried that their corrupt client may be forced out of office that they couldn't even wait for the blood of 40 Ethiopians to dry before the conferred an award on the ruthless murderer.

Anyways, what this all shows is that Meles is a real fraudster. He even made a phone call to a talk show by hiding behind the name "Abebe." Meles is a petty fraudster, a rank "Durye" -- one who will never earn real honor or recognition from anywhere or anything that is authentic and reputable.

Worku

Email: Workugebrem@yahoo.com

City: Baltimore

My fellow Ethiopians,

Are we surprised by the so called "prize" given to Meles by Yara International ASA . I am not at all. This is one of the comapnies that has deep financial interest with EPRDF. By looking the profile of the comapny, I think anyone who has a free mind can understand that the comapny has a deep financial interest with the country. Meles being a head of state got a BRIBE BRIBE BRIBE BRIBE BRIBE from Yara. For me, this is not a prize but a BRIBE.

Take a look to the company profile on Yahoo.com

"Yara International tries to make the world green -- and, in the process, make a little green of its own. The manufacturer of fertilizers and industrial gases is among the world's largest plant nutrient companies and ammonia producers and marketers, selling more than 20 million metric tons of fertilizer per year. It is also a top supplier of CO2 and nitrogen chemicals to industrial markets and of nitrates to the explosives industry."

Source

http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/132/132754.html

Email: ymoges@msn.com

City: Atlanta

What a shame!!! Why don’t they award him Nobel Prize for Peace!? How can a brutal and merciless dictator who has lead his country and people into absolute poverty be awarded such a prize. To true Ethiopians he is a secret agent who is trying to bury all Ethiopians alive. He has done to our beloved country and its poor people things that any body that is in his normal mind do not dare to think let alone to do it. He is a living nightmare of Ethiopians.

He openly told the world that he ordered his Agazi troops to shoot innocent civilians in the streets of Addis during daylight. In an interview with BBC he also said that he and his parrots would not apologize for their sinister deeds. After all the bloody UN is nothing but a futile organization standing only for the benefit of the wealthy nations.

Please don’t tell us that Meles the dictator is putting the rural Ethiopia first. I am one of those who grown up in rural Ethiopia and knows everything more than any body else. What amazes me is that those people who witness Meles’s good deeds are those who went to Ethiopia and passed their time in Addis or probably in Meles’s Garden and other good restaurants. Don’t tell for sick person that he is healthy.He knows he is sick. What he needs is medicine to cure him.

For your information, Ethiopia is experiencing deforestation at rate that has never seen before. I would like to mention a famous Ethiopian saying ‘’Leqebari Aredut’’ which means telling the death of someone to a person who was actually attending the funeral. We Ethiopians know what Meles has done for the last 14 years. Give us peace

Email: freedom4ethiopians@yahoo.com

City: nw

Conspiracy against the Ethiopian peoples will and coordinated effort by western countries, cannot earn Melessse the support of the Ethiopian peoples, he destine to fail.

This is clearly understand recongnition of an equally undeserving and poor leader. Do you think that most Ethiopian would do best by giving fertilizer to our poor frameres and froego any form of recognation to Mr Melees Zenawi. It is obvious that you know very little about Ethiopia . Don't you know that he is a mass murderer and a lot of money in his bank . Better think twice before you give this Award.

God bless Ethiiopian people

Email: Breilbwm@aol.com

City: Arlington

A brief history of Awards to PM Meles Zenawi

Rioting in Addis Ababa (April 17-18, 2001) -- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1283814.stm
Ethiopia's released students tell their stories (26 April 2001) --http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1298840.stm
Trouble in Sidama, Awassa (24 April 2002) -- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2007163.stm

Award for international peace from China (July 2002) -- http://www.addistribune.com/Archives/2002/07/19-07-02/Opposition.htm

An opinion from an Ethiopian is available on -- http://www.sidamanational-liberation.org/documents/meles_zenawi.pdf
And another opinion is available here -- http://www.tigrai.org/News/Articles2002/TedlaJuly.html

Crystal Eagle International Leadership Award - 06 April 2005 (about 40 days earlier than Election Day)
http://www.ethioembassy.org.uk/news/press%20releases/
Crystal%20Eagle%20International%20Leadership%20Award%
20goes%20to%20PM%20Meles.htm
(BTW, I would not have opposed this if our PM had respected the voice of the people and took the position of a respected opposition leader, given this was the pre-election period and people were very optimistic during that time)

State of Emergency, election fraud, mass killings, harassement of opposition members and elects: 15 May 2005 ...

Yara Foundation Award - In Oslo, but links with Sasakawa->fertilizer, improved seeds sales
http://www.yara.com/en/about/yara_centennial
/green_revolution/yara_prize_winner_inter.html

Amazing, Mr. Meles earned 1.7 million eth. birr; for his so called effort against poverty and establishing a good growing economy via his policy in Ethiopia. It is disgusting!

Shame on Norwegians! There has been a rumour earlier this month also at he has been among the 100 nominees for Nobel Peace Prize!! Shame on Norway! It is No Way he deserves that!

The ManEater or “Mr. Killer” has a f**** good PR? Where the hell are our real Ethiopians to defend this shameful act over Norwegian authorities!! Let’s take action before it is late.
This man can manipulate any mankind to achieve what he wants!

Email: qoster@yahoo.com

City: US

Are you sure that it is not a covered up bribe to sign off Badme?

Most Norwegians are very kind and good-hearted people. A letter needs to be written to their international foreign affairs committee and to the Norway Humanitarian Community. I have a feeling Ethiopia’s most expense is paying Meles’ PR committee around the world. He has made him self like a god to the outside world, telling them if it wasn’t for him Ethiopia will be in tribal war. He has even fooled the Human Rights Watch and other world leaders by telling them his party is the only multi ethnic party. We all need to expose who the real Meles is, cruel, bloodthirsty, mad man. Please include all the pictures of the victims. Please make sure it is a real one.

I wonder how big is the Ethiopian community in Norway. Hopefully they can organize and protest over there. Since they know the culture and the government of Norway, it would be great if they can tell us what is the best thing for us to do.

Petition against the Norwegian organization will help to strip the awarded.

Email: h.y.paulos@wp.pl

City: WLOCLAWEK

It seems that he (Meles)is employed to loot, humiliate and slaughter Ethiopians. Sad news in deed. Every one will harvest what he sows. History will remember us.

Alemu

Email: adesta@hotmail.com

City: London

It is the wise thinking of the Norwegian government, as they see that Blair has detained §30Million, they promote him in the contrary. Imagine the government wich realy think for Ethiopia and the people is showing his concern like Tony Blair, but those who doesn't care are showing their concern by giving an award to the murderer of the people. thanks Norwegian government!!!!
[

City: Olso

Wow! Norway touched a row nerve of Ethiopians. Their PR advisor must be Bereket Simon Goebbels. By the way, I was amazed to see how much people in Addis hate Bereket. He is more hated than Meles. I wonder why.

Judas sold Jesus for 30 dinars Jesus was about fairness and justice then Pontif Pilatos washed his hands to let him be crucified!!!! my beloved Ethiopians it seems the same scenario with Holy mother Ethiopia as long as we keep fighting for justice and democracy where ever we may be soon Ethiopia shall rise above the intriges and corruptive method of super powers. Never forget the determination of those 3 million descipels of Ethiopia.

Email: dinkajaletta@yahoo.ca

City: Ottawa

Norwegian BLIND GOVERNMENT gave yera prise for the killer of Our beloved people.
That is disrespect our dead loved once befor their blood dry.He received for his contribution to improved food security...? that must be hate for ETHIOPIANS and enjoy their suffer by NOEWEGIAN GOVERNMENT,but as Ethiopians and other world know just know over 9 million people face for starvation(AF).For his poletical change...? millions are treated,1000's are in jail unknown numers are disapear,100's are wunded and more than 40 people are gundown.That is the poletical change.
I will burn the Norwegian flag tonight.

Email: zbnmfhk@yahoo.com

City: Los Angeles

I hope this Norwegian Co. is not using Ethiopian people as guinea pig to test their fertilizers if it causes cancer or not. I am sure Meles will let them.

God help us!

Aba Qoster,
I thought the award is from a private Co. not from Norwegian govt.

You know all these NGO's and UN subcommisions ahve their own intereset in the prolongation of hunger in Africa and elsewhere. Most of their executives have $10000/month salary with allowance and trasportation paid just for generating reports to EU and USA AID agencies. So everbody do not wonder if this kind of organization have their own intereset in rulers like Meles who have stablished their main way of existence in begging. The more Ethiopian people starve the more Meles will beg and the more YARA and simillars are asked to report(well funded by governments) about Meles's claim.

Welcome to the corrupt world of forgien aid.

Abeshaw, Mussa and Gebremeles,
You are out of touch. You know it; Meles is not being criticized because of his ethnicity but by his deeds. You know what he has done to innocent Ethiopians. You just don’t want to believe it. If Meles had treated all Ethiopians as one and work for the good of Ethiopia he would have been our beloved leader regardless of his ethnicity. Unfortunately, he has shown his evil side and hatefulness to the people of Ethiopia by torturing, and killing them. In addition to all this, now he sold us to a fertilizer Co. for a few change.

why not as we have one of the most wicked, doudle face, traitor and brutal dictator in ETHIOPIAN history to receive for what he did to the west don't be supprise the money he gots is nothing compare to the decontruction of our home. Norway has got it wrong................b.....tttttttt

Email: tikurabbay@hotmail.com

City: LONDON

This traitor doesn't deserve any
award.
Meles is a killer and criminal.

Raza

Is this the reason Meles is getting an award for?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) - Poor rains and high crop prices have left more than 18 million people with serious food shortages in 10 African countries.
Diminishing water supplies and dry pastures are also fuelling conflict among rival tribes, and child malnutrition is reportedly rising in parts the Greater Horn of Africa region.

The warnings come from the U.S.-funded Famine Early Warning Systems Network.

The food shortages are concentrated in Ethiopia, where more than half of the 18 million affected people live.

At least half of neighbouring Eritrea's population of 4.5 million is in peril, as are the 2.69 million people in Uganda.

Other countries affected included Sudan, Djibouti, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, Burundi and Somalia.

shame on yara international asa for rewarding a dictator who massacres his own people in a day light.
down to dictator, death to dicatators and their supporters.

Thank you desta for providing the committee address.
Let us just flood them with messages..............

IT IS A BIG INSULT. THESE SHOWS THE COMPANY MADE BIG MONEY ON THAT FELRILIZER. WHO KNOWS WHAT ARE THESE FERTILIZERS FOR??

LORD OF POVERTY FOR AWARD? IT IS A BIG SHAME.

This is madness ,whats'up with norwegian,anyway meles is killer,and human right violator and all world is witnnese his worest bloodshed his own innocent young people.

Email: zenna@yahoo.com

City: silver spring,md.

Ladies and Gentelemen,we all know how many so called NGO's operating in diffrent part of Ethiopia whom are missionaries to help the needies thats what they are doing nothing less nothing more,saving one Ethiopian life out of misery should have been every Ethiopian duty where ever it may be as long as can afford to help felow Ethiopian childrens,how ever we Ethiopians(most)are greedy by nature instead of helping the unfortunate one we rather ignore,such example the Somali/Ethiopians are look like Darfur/Sudan and we should help them.Having said this,mr.Zenawi a clever ass man let all NGO in to the country in one condition,''scrach my back(pay salary to my armmies)i'll scrach your back(operate any where you choosed)''thus the Scandinivians decided to give him a rub on shoulder trophy.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

The award is given with the expense of the Ethiopian peasants’ robbed money & sucked blood. Meles’ EPRDF (GUNA, AMBASSEL, DINSHO & WONDO COMPANYS) monopolized the fertilizer business and collects excessive prices from the peasants forcefully by depriving of farmers cattle & other properties. This award is some portion of the commission of 2005. Today, now over 12 million Ethiopians are hungry. But the Fertilizer Co. is awarding, the murderer, traitor, primary responsible person for the hunger, the commission money under the cover of ‘’Green Rev. Award’’ with the cost of 12 million hungry Ethiopians.
Shame on you!

Email: gmtheophilos@yahoo.com

bat,its called divide and conquer Ethiopians where ever they may be,who buy Melese idiology none other than the peasants who are hostages in every corner of thier lives.How you librate them not by gun but educate them,thus current generation who are nuclear generation comes in.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

A week before the elction in Addis Ababa, Major Erkebe Ekubay was awarded as the "Best African Major" by some instituts in South Africa . But he lost the election in Addis. I hope it will be the same to Meles too.

Email: esmehayal@yahoo.com

I defiantly guess that the committee may have no enough background information how Meles is brutal, a man of talk and lying.

Certainly, Ethiopian never and ever has poor policy and strategy even during Derg and before. But the big problems are always visible on the ground clearly. In fact, only the poor can talk about poverty. Even NGOs may talk about poverty from papers.

Many local and international experts are saying that agriculture has been a failure for so many years in Ethiopia even to feed its people let alone to bring sustainable development.

I think the committee need to revisit their evaluation!!!!!

GOD BLESS ALL FORGOTTEN PEOPLE!!!!!

Email: kuratekere@yahoo.com

City: Ambo

WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS, YOU PEOPLE ALWAYS TALK ABOUT THE KILLING OF '40 INNOCENT PEOPLE'. WHAT ABOUT THOSE HE HAS SLAUGHTERED SINCE HE GOT ON POWER.

THIS MATH MAY GIVE ROUGH FIGURE

40 x 366 x 14 ABOUT 2 MILL

Is it that same Meles Naziawi who is a social predator, who charm, manipulate, and ruthlessly plow his way through life, leaving a broad trail of broken hearts, shattered expectations. Completely lacking in conscience and feelings for others, who selfishly takes what he wants and does as it pleases him, violating social norms and expectations without the slightest sense of guilt or regret? Hey, it should be a name sake.

This prize may further strengthen his narcissistic and glossy inflated view of himself, worth and importance, a truly astonishing egocentricity and sense of entitlement, and may see himself as the center of the universe, as superior beings, who is justified in living according to his own rules. Don’t be surprised if he next time comes across as arrogant, shameless braggarts-self-assured, opinionated, domineering, and cockey.

The prize will strengthen Meles NAZIAWI'S a stunning lack of concern for the devastating effects his actions have on others. As you all remember he was completely forthright about the recent massacre, calmly stating that he has no sense of guilt, he is not sorry for the pain and destruction he has caused, and that there is no reason for him to be concerned

Meles NAZIAWI'S lack of remorse or guilt is associated with a remarkable ability to ratianalize his behavior and to shrug of personal responsibility, for actions that cause shock and disappointment to many families, friends, associates and others who have played by the rules. Usually he has excuses for his behavior, and in some cases he denies that it happened at all. In an ironic twist, Meles frequently see himself as the real victims. In the recent election, he said vote rigged by the opposition.

Meles NAZIAWI views people as little more than objects to be used for his own gratisfaction. The weak and the vulnerable – whom he mocks , rather than pitty – are favorite targets. a guy like Tamrat Layne can be cited here. ( of course Tamrat stole money, but did it in consultation with the MONSTER)

City: AddisLike any other prize, is it NOT based on the accumulation of evidence that an individual satisfies at least minimal criteria for the prize.

Is it that same Meles Naziawi who is a social predator, who charm, manipulate, and ruthlessly plow his way through life, leaving a broad trail of broken hearts, shattered expectations. Completely lacking in conscience and feelings for others, who selfishly takes what he wants and does as it pleases him, violating social norms and expectations without the slightest sense of guilt or regret? Hey, it should be a name sake.

This prize may further strengthen his narcissistic and glossy inflated view of himself, worth and importance, a truly astonishing egocentricity and sense of entitlement, and may see himself as the center of the universe, as superior beings, who is justified in living according to his own rules. Don’t be surprised if he next time comes across as arrogant, shameless braggarts-self-assured, opinionated, domineering, and cockey.

The prize will strengthen Meles NAZIAWI'S a stunning lack of concern for the devastating effects his actions have on others. As you all remember he was completely forthright about the recent massacre, calmly stating that he has no sense of guilt, he is not sorry for the pain and destruction he has caused, and that there is no reason for him to be concerned

Meles NAZIAWI'S lack of remorse or guilt is associated with a remarkable ability to ratianalize his behavior and to shrug of personal responsibility, for actions that cause shock and disappointment to many families, friends, associates and others who have played by the rules. Usually he has excuses for his behavior, and in some cases he denies that it happened at all. In an ironic twist, Meles frequently see himself as the real victims. In the recent election, he said vote rigged by the opposition.

Meles NAZIAWI views people as little more than objects to be used for his own gratisfaction. The weak and the vulnerable – whom he mocks , rather than pitty – are favorite targets. a guy like Tamrat Layne can be cited here. ( of course Tamrat stole money, but did it in consultation with the MONSTER)

I think you peopel of the western world don't know who Meles Zenawi is. He is symbole of evil to Ethiopia. You gave if more money to kill the poor Ethiopians. Is that fiancing him to buy more bulets to kill the youth Ethiopia and open fire on the mass, poor peace loving of Ethiopia ! Why Meles !
Is that b/c he can speak English better than his followers. Pls stop the award (fund) given to Meles to kill the poor people of Ethiopia.
STOP HELPING CRUL PEOPLE LIKE HIM.

Email: Buchacha@yahoo.com

A prize for Hayna

Email: MEN2004@YAHOO.COM

unbelievable!! the world leaders,on one hand, are favoring murderers and on the other hand they are investing huge money to fight against terror, what a funny!; why not they award BinLaden?! what is the difference??? Really this is the biggest joke in history of the planet.

Email: btworkie2003@yahoo.com

City: stuttgart

Mr. Unknown,

MELES GOT THE PRIZE FOR DOUBLING FOOD PRODUCTION THAT AMOUNT 14.3 MILLION TONS IN 2004. WHO IS FABRICATING THIS FIGURES? IS IT YOU OR US? ACCORDING TO THE FIGURE,THAT WILL MEAN OUR COUNTRY HAS A CAPACITY TO FEED 71,500 MILLION PEOPLE.WORST OF ALL WHY ARE YOU CONTRADICTING YOURSELF BY ASKING FOOD AID FOR 12 MILLION PEOPLE.

It is sipmly a farce! I think they are honoring one of African's hard core tyrant. Why are they give him the prizes for? for his brutal killing of innocent people or for his expertise in vote rigging?
I think the aim of the organization should be restated in such a way that it accomodates other top African leadership as Mobuto Seseseko and Ediamin Dada. Hitler would have claimed two fold a prize had it not been for his early death.

Email: tarefun@yahoo.com

Re: Re: Meles' Prize?!!

What Yara foundation is doing? Are you awarding the renown actor of massacre? Don't you remember what has happened against a small Nilotic Ethiopian Anyuak people in Gambella? Human rights watch has reported that at least 420 Anuaks had been killed by Meles' troop Human Rights Watch March 2005). An American based humanitarian church reported about 1565 dead on Dec.2003 and after it. Nearly about 40 civilians have been killed in Addiss Ababa just before a month when Meles hnew of his defeat after the 15th May election.
So, are you sadists? Was the Biblic Satan born in your country, in Norway? Are you marching against humanity and civilization?
Your move is definitly a move against the world's poorest nation languishing under "the most inhuman regime of Meles zenawi" as also aptly put by Human Rights Watch, three days before.

Email: Bayleyegntasew33@yahoo.com

City: Gambella, Ethiopia

I did not surprise too much because who knows president Mengistu by Soviet Union, Haile silessie may be by some body else..., because all Ethiopian leaders are smart to act internationally because their main supporters are from outside, either westerns or Russions. that is political business. then who cares about people in the prison or have been murdered by these internationally actor but domestically falling leaders. this was the world , this is it and it will continue this way! But people should struggle to deserve what they should. politics is mostly not genuine. but revolving around advanteges! politically any thing can be defended, as far as you can convience or confuse people around. NO reality in this very world!

tomorrow is always better! Therefore Meles Zarkew or Zenaw is better than Mengistu or Hailselissie. so no surprise as far as i am concerning.

Email: bilsumma@yahoo.com

Hager-Weddad Compatriots;

Well said and to the point. I am glad that people can write and say what needs to be said without the caloric sugar coating!Tell it like it is.

The “Yara” thing ( no pun intended by what the name “Yara” suggest in the Amharic vernacular) is just another reason why Ethiopians should not look to the west for their own destiny. We, Ethiopians should wake up from our perpetual complacency and take our own fate and fortunes in our own hands. We are our own destiny.

Dictators like Meles will thrive as long as we continue to seek benevolent justice from the west. If there is anything that Meles and his criminal thugs fear, it's not the peoples appeal to the west, but the people’s determination to seek our home grown resolution from within Ethiopia. The enemies of Ethiopia perceive appealing to the west as powerlessness.

Meles and his criminal thugs control the resources that buy him not only honors of great compliment from riotous entities such as Yara,, but from the leaderships of the western world as well. Money acquires influence in high places starting from Kofi Anan's UN, USA, EU, UK, IMF, WB last but not least the hopeless African club called AU.

Having read every coment and outrage, I am appalled by the current opposition political party members and their inept collective brain power. The opposition coalition’s closure to not take their struggle directly to the people leaves much to be said about their dedication and commitment to sacrifice. The old adage reminds, “you can't make omelets without breaking an eggs" similarly you cannot have freedom without sacrifices, and democracy is not a complimentary side order.

So, welcome to the decadent world of political malfeasance and hypocrisy, where favors and IOU's are brokered and exchanges between corrupt leaders. Yara has a steak in the award they gave to Meles, and unless one is naive enough to believe that Meles earned the award on merit, and Yara awarded it without any strings attached. On the contrary, if one were to carefully examine the rationale for awarding the prize to Meles, one would discover the pieces to the jigsaw picture of a clandestine fertilizer business deal between Meles and Yara. Of course, Yara having third ulterior interest in the fertilizer business deals in the developing countries, Melese is their best prospect, being the biggest (customer)recipient of food assistance and funds from the west, presents a lucrative golden opportunity for "Yara". Its the all too familiar cliché, every one wants a piece of the "rock", and so is Yara and why not Melese. Like any business deal, these two parties have a mutual-self interest.

Does any one believe the Nobel Laureate is purely won or awarded on merit alone? Well, any one who believes might as well believe that you can make omelets without breaking eggs. Its the old “quid pro quo”

I am appauled as you all are!!!

Beheg-Amlack

unbelieveable,
This people are giving corruption money to the dicator oppenly so they can test their cheap fertilizer in our country.
Shame on the Norwegians.
ladies and gentlemen,
DON'T FORGET TO EMAIL THIS PEOPLE.
DOWN TO DICTATOR MELES NAZIAWI&CO.

Meles is a killer.
Binladen is a killer.
Meles won a prize.
So Biladen will win a prize.

This is outrageous and unacceptable!

They just gave money to a killer!

This is a shocker! This only goes to show how little europeans care about Africa. U just hailed a criminal. This is such an insult to the millions dying in the countryside. what a vote of confidence to a sly criminal and at such a crucial time...'perpetuate the tyrrany so long as it suits us' seems to be the western motto. what did we expect?... what a shock!!! well done u just subjected the country to utter horror!

That is joke of the year. As i started reading Yara's home page one thing crossed my mind. In their websites it reads "Yara company is both producer and marketer of mineral fertilizers".I don't know Yara's involvement in supplying chemical fertilizers in Ethiopia. Could the prize be a business deal than acknowledging what Prime Minister Meles did to Ethiopia?

Email: kinmich@hotmail.com

City: oslo

Norway has come out from behind its cover. Norway did not start supporting Meles today. It has been supporting him for more than 14 years. Supporting Meles at a time when the world is condemning the election process and the killing of his people indicates the level of disregard that Norway has for the Ethiopian people. Norway could't care less about Ethiopians or Africians as long as their commercial transactions are completed. The current Ethiopian land policy where farmers depend on the government's fertilzer handout helps Norway's fertilizer Companies.

Email: negat@sbcglobal.net

City: Houston

Hmmm, did anyone watch [the movie]- SAHARA? What parallels can you draw?

Email: Bew@yahoo.com

please be more open mined. we need to see the all aspect of any leadership who lead the any country. what i am saying is meles is doing a great job or doing a good job leading the country out of poverty from any previous leaders in our country history. i know that the same time he his doing unpopular things to stay in power. thes kind of things is not new for any leaders who want to stay in power even for more democratic countries like usa to be relect for next term. so i said he deserve prize in this mater. for others. he also need to be acountable for lost of lives. these things sould be addresed accroding to our country constition.

thank you!

Mr. Unknown,

The Ashanti chiefs are still denying slave trade ever existed with their knowelge. They say their ancesters were simply helping black men who were looking for job in the new world. You must be naive to like Meles after putting your country into shame by exporting babies.

Unknown,
No wonder you don’t want to be known. You just gave me a headache. There is no possible way in the world Meles should be excused for what he has done. Meles look down on Ethiopian people. He has treated the Ethiopian people less than animals. He has put them in prison, tortured, killed and stole from them. What did they do to deserve these treatments? What kind of leader wants to rule the country when he in fact hates the people who live in it? The Ethiopian people have spoken that they had enough of him and voted for the other party. Meles had 14 long years to prove to them and he has failed.

It is astonishing! It is true that the victory of "Adwa" in 1996 over Italian colonialists has left one blueprint over us(Ethiopians ). What we had achieved from that victory is not only our national or Ethiopian identity but also racial oppression against the true people of the almighty God. That is the same colour who reversed the verdict of the people`s vote of the 15 of may election in the name of arbitration between the opposition(the people) and the tyrant. History will never forget you. It is shame to award a tyrant whose hand is fool of blood. It would have been better if you had had awarded Hitler tha same or better prize. Who was responsible for the flood of that blood bath in Addis of the 6 of June? Were such sorts of bloodshed are prerequsites for Awards? Was that the criteria to select a person for that honourable Prize? Ethiopia will perish. God is with us.

Email: fmelka@bluewin.ch

City: Zurich

Apparently the company is a fertiliser comapany. The award is not so much for his contribution to the environment as for the business dealings he is involved in, i.e. skinning the farmers and families alive. They go as far as removing farmers from their land for not paying the exorbitant amount plus interest charged for the fertilzer that burns the land...

Email: sbg@freeserve.co.uk

City: London

Forget them. Lets continue to support our dedicated leaders (Hibret & kinijit)to topple this cursed leader & Cos

Email: bbaa@yahoo.com

BEZA BEZA, KMAA

It is not the mater of like meles or dislike meles. i just see his leadership on poverty reduction plan for our country is a good idea and i think it will work. and i thought he probably deserve the prize, that all. KMAA unknown i just to useit for may name not to hide for it. sorry i am giving you headache. i am just exercising my God giving mind that all. please don't be sad or sorry when people see different things different ways this is just God giving nature for human being.

thank you!

Hager-Weddadoch,

Don't get dispirited and discouraged by the Yarra award. If you calmly and rationally think you would fee less anxious and distraught. The award is being given to Meles is by a consortium of private corporations called "Yarra". The corporation considers Melese its key client that diverts millions of international food monies to Yarra for the purchase of thousands of tons of fertilizers. Yarra is the equivalent of the Philip Morris tobacco company that rewards prizes and contributes campaign funds to those congresional representatives from the so called "Tobaco States" in the Unite States.

The Yarra award is private albeit a fraudulent "quid pro quo". Melese needs the bribe, recognition, and accolades, while Yarra is indebted to accommodate with a commitment for more business from Meles. This matter has nothing to do with the government of Norway as most of you seem to believe. Even if we protested to the government of Norway, they would not intervene in private business affairs. Besides, the Yarra Company is believed to be operating out of the USA. As some of you might know Jefrry Sacs is a discredited business consultant who was kicked out of Harvard after the Russian economic and privatization policy fiasco,for which Jefrry Sac was the principa consultant. Nowadays he consults the Yarras of this world who look for lucrative business deals with corrupt dictators like Meles. It is no coincidence that Jeffrey Sacs will be the presentor of the award to Melse.

Beheg-Amlack

RATHER THAN SPARING YOUR GOLDEN TIME IN HAVING DISCUSSION IN SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE, IT'S FUNNY YOU ALL ARGUING ON SOMETHING YOU HAVE NO CONTROL WHATSEVER.

FAILURE TO KNOW THIS FACT IS FOOLISHNESS. GROW UP FORUM PARTICIPANTS.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm........can you guess who this ******* posting rubbish by the screen name "UNKNOWN" is? I knew him! He is that same ULTREMINSCH who enjoys such childish game. ULTREMINSCH means subhuman.

Like any other prize, is it NOT based on the accumulation of evidence that an individual satisfies at least minimal criteria for the prize???

City: AddisLike any other prize, is it NOT based on the accumulation of evidence that an individual satisfies at least minimal criteria for the prize.

People, pls Open ur eyes and see what meles has
Done GOOD things in the Country, Ofcoures
not for u OUTSIDE the country,and u 'll come
to know the YARA did prefect and the prize
went to the right P.M. MELES ZENAWI

Selamye, intay konki? Minew tegagihe? Is the starvation of 18 million people a good thing? Is killing in cold blood 36 peaceful demonstrators a good thing? To make meles deeds good, the word "good" has to be redefined. the notion "good", "bad" are not as such a complicated concepts to comprehend. At least killing is NOT a good thing to do. At least to let 18 million people starve is NOT a good thing to do. Vote rigging is NOT a good thing to do. What is wrong with you selamye? Come to your sense!

Hagere,

You are so racist. What makes you believe selam felegen is a Tigrean. Is that because she supports Meles? Why do you corner people to think so narrowly?

By this tokem, I am sure you will find a blood relationship b/n Tony Blair and Meles.

Please stop it and respect the reality for political opposition. such approach will only multiple your oppenents.

Ali

Email: aliadd-2005@yahoo.com

Ali:
Selam alikum? Kef..Do I mean you are arab? I am a Tigre myself and use it with anybody. Selam may or may not be a Tigre, and yet I know she knows what "intay konki" means. You thought you got me and rushed to brand me as a racist. I say to you selam alikum. Do I mean you are arab? You do have a very simplistic view. I am sure you have NOT even read "Lema begebeya".

replying to Almaz. are you a wife to meles???????
i get mad when i see your comment. but for my part
i wish death to meles . i even want to shoot him if
i get the chance. ****shame on you****.

Email: solomon@yahoo.com

Almaz,
Have you ever been to school? If yes, can you tell us what it means when humanitarian agencies warn that 14 million Ethiopians will be starved to death in 2005 if there is no urgent food aid? I mean, do you really see how big 14,000,0000 is? Can you also tell us what it means when a leader orders killings of 40 young Ethiopians who could be future leaders? Try to comprehend this and judge for yourself if Zarkawi ( really a good name given to him after the leader of the suicide mombers in Iraq)deserves such an award?

Almaz, UNKNOWN, and others, who try to hide facts, need to learn to be human.

God Bless Ethiopia.

are being

Email: woyu@yahoo.com

To solomon
You must be Narrow minded.
try to think Farther than SEX ,but i don't you
could.
this is limit to say your poletical view.
you better stay out of this forum.
Bye

1 2