Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meles Being Rewarded: Yemotelish Kerto Yegedelesh Bela

The post about the award is self contradictory:

1. The one and most thing needed for food security is ownership of means of production, especially land. Meles said land will be privatized in Ethiopia only unedr the grave of EPRDF.

2. The report applauded Meles for giving emphasis on environmental issues. But, he is the only African leader who hailed GM crops which are very dangerous for both food security and environmental protections.

3. Very shamefully, the report appluaded Meles for good governance and democracy. I dont even have to explain this.

What hurts the most is, well known scholars like Jeffery Sachs(Nobel prise winner in Economics)are behind this.It is also to be remembered that Joseph Stiglitze (Another renowned scholar of Economics and Nobel Prize winner devoted two pages for Meles on one of his best seller books.)

The thing that all westerners ( diplomats, governments, scholars, journalists, etc.)are missing is,they ought to side with Ethiopians and not government officials.

Re: Meles Being Rewarded: Yemotelish Kerto Yegedelesh Bela

Dear All,

This is the contact detail for Yara, please write to the company. We have to do all we can to stop this from taking place.

Yara International
ASABygdøy allé 2P.O.
Box 2464, SolliN-0202 Oslo Norway
Tel: 47 24 15 70 00Fax: 47 24 15 70 01

Yara@yara.com

The Yara Prize will be presented by Professor Jeffrey Sachs, director of the United Nations Millennium Project at an award ceremony in Oslo, Norway on September 3.

Tyrants and their supporters always underestimate people's capacity. The West doesnt care, no conscience!! We know that everything depends on us Ethiopians. We started the fight and we will continue to the end.

I ask the opposition leaders to build the broad mass movement. This and this will guarantee our success not the West.

Email: EthiopianXX@aol.com

City: new york

Things are getting bizzar. What kind of organization gives an award with out checking with the Humanitarian Community?

Now I get it why Meles is getting an award from a Fertilizer Co. When I was in Ethiopia four years ago a family friend who works at agriculture minister told me that they were being forced to use some kind of fertilizer that was so bad for the soil. They tried to complain but they were threatened. This is another Corruption!!!

Getting award from a profit making co. is not a big deal. The co is advertizing his products. That is all. The relationship between the Melses and the co should be questioned, however. I don't understad those scholars role.

Email: hagos@hotmail.com

City: DC