Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Djibouti deports Ethiopian pilots

All the appeals, pleadings in the name of humanity mean nothing to these cruel dictators. Please contact Red Cross and request that they visit the pilots.

------------------------
Djibouti deports Ethiopian pilots
By Mohammed Adow
BBC News, Ethiopia

Djibouti has confirmed that two Ethiopian airmen who defected there in June have been returned to Ethiopia.
Interior Minister Yassin Elmi Bouh told the BBC the pilots were handed over last week after agreeing to go home.

A third man, their flight engineer, did not want to return and is still in Djibouti, he said.

The United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR) has expressed fears the deported pilots could face treason charges which carry the death sentence.

Djibouti is a signatory to the United Nations Convention on refugees, which prohibits expulsion or return of a refugee to a country where his or her life or freedom may be threatened.

Family members of the pilots in Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa rejected the allegations of the Djiboutian minister saying that the two never intended to come back to Ethiopia.

Eight Ethiopian airmen asked for asylum in Belarus last month.

At least 36 people were killed in Ethiopia after security forces fired at people protesting at alleged electoral fraud last month.

Tearful

Mr Bouh told me the flight engineer, who is believed to have sought asylum with the two Ethiopian Air Force pilots on 9 June, could stay in Djibouti as long as he wishes.

He added that although Djibouti and Ethiopia share cordial relations, his country does not want to trample on international conventions on human rights in order to keep these relations.

Family members say the pilots are being held in an air force base outside Addis Ababa and are not allowed visitors.

"They would have been with us and not lurking in jail if they were brought back voluntarily," a tearful Senait Teferra, sister to one of the pilots, told me.

The relatives say that they have been visiting international organisations like the Red Cross and the UNHCR in a bid to secure the pilots' release.

No comment

UN officials have confirmed that they failed to gain access to the airmen in Djibouti to determine whether they deserve refugee status.

"Despite earlier indications from government officials that we would be able to meet the Ethiopians, we still have not seen them and are growing increasingly concerned that the pilots may have been returned to Ethiopia against their will," UNHCR spokesman Ron Redmond told reporters in Geneva on Friday.

Kamel Morjane, UN assistant high commissioner for refugees, also wrote to Djibouti's Foreign Minister Mahamoud Ali Youssouf last week expressing concern on the airmen's fate.

"It is essential for the UNHCR and Djibouti authorities to find an appropriate solution in conformity with international refugee law," part of the letter read.

Officials at the Ethiopia's Foreign Affairs Ministry declined to comment on the matter despite the numerous calls I made to them.

Re: Djibouti deports Ethiopian pilots

Ethiopia
ICRC delegation
Woreba 15, Kebele 28, House no. 117
P.O. Box 5701
ADDIS ABEBA

Tel.: (+251) 1 518 366
Fax: (+251) 1 513 161
e-mail: addis_abeba.add@icrc.org

Head of delegation: Mr BRUDERMANN Markus

------------------
ICRC headquarters in Geneva
International Committee of the Red Cross
19 avenue de la Paix
CH 1202 Geneva

Fax ICRC general: ++ 41 (22) 733 20 57
Phone ++ 41 (22) 734 60 01

What a disaster and sad news? WE felt helpless. God what is going to happen to each of us if things continue like this. You can imagine what they are going to face. How can they say that the pilots have returned back home with their own consent. If they are going to do this first of all they will not ask asylum, the sister said it clearly. Please, please let us join our hands and ask the Red Cross and Human Rights Watch to interven in the case. But before that as God has always a means we have to PRAY.

God be with them.

Email: tarike@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

i am very sad and heart broken.let god be with them.i hope djibouti pays the price for their suffering when we have our great leaders.

please moderators ban this gebrselassie(gebre demon)from giving any suggestion .he is inhuman and idiot.

Email: wonder@yahoo.com

Let's not despair, instead take action.

1) take a few minutes to write to the Red Cross, the main office in Geneva and the Addis Ababa office.

2) let's explore what legal action to take against Djibiouti's stupid government

It is really odd to think how they have returned back home and how the Engineer managed to remain their. We feel that there is some mystery. Only God knows. You don't know what the Meles regime is capacble of doing. But the Dijibouti government should pay for this.
But this guy Gebreselassie at least you should show humanity at this stage. Are you a human being or half human only following the orders of your Lords.
Thanks moderator for deleting his message.

Email: tarike@yahoo.com

This group might provide us with legal assistance

American Bar Association's Africa Law Initiative
740 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Telephone: (202) 662-1786
Fax: (202) 662-1741
Email: abaafrica@abanet.org

DO ANY BODY WANTS TO BE KILLED AND GIVE HIS LIFE VOLENTAIRLY TO THE ONE PROTESTED AGAINST?WHAT A LIE?YOU WILL SEE AND HEAR IT THAT THEY WILL HUNG THEM INFRONT OF EVERYBODY.PLEASE LETS CONTACT RED CROSS AND OTHER HUMANETERIAN AGENCIES TO SAVE THESE HEROES.

"We do not live to avenge the brutality of torture you committed against us , our children or our grand children shall do so". Air Force Pilots at a Woyane's Military Court.

Just yesterday when we were demonstrating in front of the Embassy , we were hoping against hope that the Djibouti government has not handed over the Air Force pilots, who were under its custody until recent weeks, to the Meles regime. Despite our hopes to the contrary, our worst fear appears to have come true. In a blatant violation of international convention whose signatories include the Republic of Djibouti, the government of President Gulleh has apparently handed over the Air force Pilots to the Meles Regime.

To me this is the most heart wrenching and depressing news since the massacre of unarmed protesters in Addis Ababa last June . Such a barbaric act on the part of the Djibouti government that defies human values and stands against the international accepted standards of treating a political refugee is one of the bitterest pills to swallow for the Ethiopian people who , for decades, have considered the people of Djibouti as their brothers and sisters.

According to reports that came from Addis Ababa and aired on Hibret Radio past Saturday, the pilots were severely beaten and tortured. Late last night leaders of the former Ethiopian Air force Association in here in DC called us to that credible and reliable sources from Addis Ababa have confirmed the truthfulness of the report that initially came via Hibret radio in Washington DC. Now comes the BBC news.

According to the report coming from Addis the pilots were severely beaten and tortured. During their first appearance to a military court, the Air force pilots reportedly told their tormenters that if "we do not live to avenge the brutality of torture you committed against us , our children or our grand children shall do so".

I am outraged by the barbaric act of the Djibouti government. I have no word to express the depth of bitterness and anger this tragedy has left in my heart and soul.

We Ethiopians should let it be known to the government of Djibouti that such a barbaric act committed against Ethiopians -- feeding Ethiopians who were seeking asylum to a torture chamber--would eventually have its due consequence sooner or later.

with sadness,
Neamin

The foreful return of the two ethiopian pilots by Djibuiti government is very deplorable. It is a lie to say that they have come willingly and the Flight engineer is remained in Djibuiti. The flight engineer is already back home in Debrezeit within a week of their defection. I personally know that and the response that he remaind in djibouti and the pilots has returned willingly is arranged and orchestrated by Ethiopina tyrant government and given to Djibouti government.UNHCR has to investigate the matter and make appropriate action against Djibouti for failing to respect the convention.

City: A.A

I talked to Mrs. Williams at the ICRC office in Geneva regarding the two extradited Ethiopian pilots. She suggested that we send her an email so that she can pass it over to the Addis Office for their follow-up. She is also interested to know the whereabouts of the pilots. Are they in Addis (perhaps maekelawi)? In Diredawa? Where? Please flood her with emails. Also, please send her any info that you think would help identify their whereabouts.

Email: op_prot_as.gva@icrc.org
Attn: Mrs. S. Williams,

please ethiopian it would be better if they say the pilot dod not want to go back home but the flight engeener it is dry lie weyane ,they are like that .i know according to marshal court they will face death penalty and they are agreed also .that was why they asked asylem but how the Un belive this weyaneys idea that they intended to go back

Great job! Perry. Let's all do the same please. It'll take only a few mintues of your time. Share with us any response you get from the Red Cross and any other org you are contacting.
Regards,
Mod

I am not surprised by the action of Djibouti.
Africa is run by gangs who do not value human life.

Email: nina@hotmail

City: Baltimore

My heart is full of sadness. The whole Ethiopia is screaming for help and it seems nobody is listening. I cannot even imagine what the pilots were thinking when they were told they were going to be given to Meles. This is a great shame not only to Djibouti but also to all Africa. There is no respect for the rule of law more so in the land of Africa than other continents. Who knows how much money Meles paid to get these pilots back. Djibouti threw these pilots in the lion’s den knowing they were going to be tortured.

Elias I appreciate all your efforts. I hope there is an organized Ethiopian group where their main focus should be on this kind of matters. Lets remember the eight pilots before it is too late.

Djibouti's action is an affront to a well-established internatinal law. The question is, what will the response of the United Nations be, particularly the UNHCR. I guess it will depend on how much attention we Ethiopians are willing to give the matter.

City: AP - opposition parties slam probe into vote fraud

Money talks. let us pay a reward for any one who has the information of the pilots.

But why all this ? Is it human ? No one with his normal mind do this cruelity !!
We Ehtiopians won't forget this , and sooner or later Djibuti will pay for it !!
And now let's save the Belaruse pilots !!

Raza

I have a full information from the air force.I talked to my friend in air forca the two pilots are in debrezeit 47 km east of the capitol.
since they arival they were beaten and tortured and one pilottheir is a chain on his leg.becouse they said he tried to escape from were he was.they can't go any were.we ethiopians we have to stand together.
may god bless ethiopia

Email: wondyeemu@yahoo.com

City: alexanderia

Tarike!

You are happy my message was deleted. What part of my message did make you un happy anyway?

Wonder!

Using valgualr language will never deter from my belief. It is a shame in your part to entertain in a way you address your concern. With respect to the pilots, I am very much hope and believe that nothing will happent to them.

This is a lie for both dictator regimes that said the pilots need back to Ethiopia and the engineer didn't. melese doesn't care about the engineer he needs the pilots to make them an example by killing them by the name of treason. Djibouti tries to make stupid tactical excuse for foreign leaders and human right groups, by saying we didn't deport them without their will. If we did that we had been sent the engineer too. But the human right groups have to find out the facts before they are executed by blood thirsty meles regime.

Email: katilahun@yahoo.com

We felt powerless it is the feeling expected from true Ethiopians ,but please lets not allow this weyane to lie and try to convince the international organization .We have to figure out how the redcross can visit the one who are in prison in military base ,waiting for the decision of the so called marshal court. we have to open charge against Djibouti gov. according to Geneva convention .but we do not have to forget those in Belarus and other pilots who rejected the stand by call to pull the trigger on innocent Ethiopians .history will remember them .

May God help them

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS INHUMAN ACT OF THE DJBUTI GOVERNMENT .I WONDER WHEN THIS ANIMALS WILL UNDERSTAND INHUMAN ACT IS WRONG.SHOULD WE SEND THEM TRAIN LOAD OF CHAT AS BRIBE OR WHAT DO THEY WANT.

Email: STESSEAM@INFOXTIME.COM

City: SEATTLE

WONDWOSEN,

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR FRIEND IN THE AIRFORCE AND ASK HIM IF THE FLIGHT ENIGNEER IS ALREADY IN ETHIOPIA OR INFORM US IF YOU ALREADY HAVE NEWS ABOUT HIM. iT IS VERY IMPORTANT!

The pilots were fleeing to take the advantage of the situation. If they were against the killings, why didn't they stay there and fight the killers. It may sound insensitive but true. I'm sorry for this happened to them . But had they stayed and fight the tyrant with the courage they would have saved a lot of people from misery and them selves.We all need to learn the hard way that running way from the enemy will not set us free. We must have the guts to stay the course fight the thugs tooth and nail just like the oppositions are doing. If you decide to run away, make sure you don't run to another tyrant. You would rather run to the woods. our people have been fleeing for decades what did we get? Take the big lesson fleeing is not the answer. Have the guts to fight! for yourself and for the generations to come. Fight in any way you can.

Amnesty International Urgent Action Alert

Amnesty International Urgent Action Alert
15 July 2005

DJIBOUTI

Fear of forcible return of Ethiopian air force helicopter pilots
Behailu Gebre (m), Abiyot Mangudai (m)

Two Ethiopian air force helicopter pilots, Captain Behailu Gebre and Abiyot Mangudai, flew a military helicopter to the neighbouring state of Djibouti on 9 or 10 June. They reportedly sought asylum and were reportedly held incommunicado detention without being charged. The Djibouti authorities have reportedly returned the helicopter and an engineer who was on board to Ethiopia.

Amnesty International is deeply concerned at reports that the pilots may have been forcibly returned to Ethiopia some days ago, where they would be at risk of being held incommunicado detention without charge or trial, tortured, or extra judicially executed.

The pilots reportedly claimed asylum on the grounds that they would be at risk if forcibly returned to Ethiopia, as they had not used the helicopter to attack opposition demonstrations who were protesting at alleged electoral fraud during Ethiopia’s elections on 15 May. It is not known if they had in fact been ordered to target demonstrators, as helicopters were not used by the Ethiopian security forces when they shot dead 36 protesters in the capital Addis Ababa on 8 June.

On 15 July, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) expressed “deep preoccupation” over the fate of the two asylum seekers. It said the Djibouti Government has not replied to its repeated requests for access to the two men and for information on what has happened to them. If they are forcibly returned to Ethiopia, the Djibouti Government would be violating its obligations as a party to the UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees and the Organization of African Unity (OAU) Convention Governing the Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa.

RECOMMENDED ACTION: Please send appeals to arrive as quickly as possible in French, English or your own language:

- expressing deep concern about reports that two Ethiopian air force helicopter pilots, Captain Behailu Gebre and Abiyot Mangudai, may have been forcibly returned to Ethiopia after being detained incommunicado in Djibouti without charge or access to the UNHCR;

- stating Amnesty International’s concern that they would be at risk of incommunicado detention without charge or trial, torture or extrajudicial execution if returned to Ethiopia;

- calling on the Government of Djibouti to clarify their whereabouts, legal status and treatment if they are still detained in Djibouti, and for the UNHCR to be allowed immediate access to them;

- reminding the Government of Djibouti of its obligation to ensure protection from forcible return (refoulement) of any person claiming asylum in its territory until a final decision on their application has been made in accordance with the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees.

APPEALS TO: (It might be difficult getting through to Djibouti but please keep trying)

President of the Republic
Monsieur Ismail Omar Guelleh
La Présidence
BP 6, Djibouti
République de Djibouti
Fax: +253 350174
Email: sqqpr@intnet.dj
Salutation: Son Excellence Monsieur le Président de la République / Dear President

Minister of the Interior and Decentralisation
Monsieur Yacin Elmi Bouh
Ministère de l’Intérieur
BP 2086, Djibouti
République de Djibouti
Fax: +253 354 862
Salutation: Monsieur le Ministre/ Dear Minister

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Monsieur Mahamoud Ali Youssouf
Ministère des Affaires Etrangères
BP 1863, Djibouti
République de Djibouti
Fax: +253 353 840
Salutation: Monsieur le Ministre/ Dear Minister

COPIES TO:
Commissioner for Refugees
Monsieur Abdillahi Elmi Houdon
Office National d’Assistance aux Refugiés et Sinistrés (ONARS),
BP55, Djibouti
République de Djibouti
Fax: +253 350 914
Salutation: Monsieur le Commissaire/ Dear Commissioner

and to diplomatic representatives of Djibouti accredited to your country.

PLEASE SEND APPEALS IMMEDIATELY. Check with the International Secretariat, or your section office, if sending appeals after 26 August 2005.

Don not worry, this the cost of port rent! And we will arm the afars and make them invade Djibouti-Time will be on our side in near future.

It is great shame to Guelleh! We are very disaapointed really!! The people of Djibouti knows nothing about this affair it only the tryant & Guelleh did. You know what made made me surprised, the liar of Dijibouti Minister!! were he graduated from the liar school of EPRDF?

Email: gone_p97@yahoo.com

People, Meles or his government don't kill people like Derg or the people that were Derg (Hailu and CO). They Pilots may face martial court with few years of jail sentence.
I guarantee you, based on my 14 years observation of this government; I have not seen it deliberately take somebody’s life.
You may say what about the 26 people that got killed in the riot. My answer is to remind you that about 54 people died during the 92 LA riot. Riot and insurrection have to be halted by some kind of acceptable and measured means.
Don't you know that Legese Asefaw the # 3 man in derg who ordered the killing of 2500 peasants is still alive, going through the court system?

To Gone!

I wish you know exactly what you want to address.

Oh, Djibouti, you are the strong enemy to Ethiopian people. The Djibouti government is as savage as the Meles regime is. Death for both the Meles and Djibouti governments.

Email: endrias2005@hotmail.com

We are Ethiopians-Abysinians-Habesha!!! WE know when and how to revenge our enemies.Sorry Djibouti; you will pay for this!!!!

Massa

"REVENGE!"

IT IS OUT OF QUESTION.

I feel blue.
But I believe the solution is praing. Let's pray!

Email: yeamdechilo@yahoo.com

Sorry for Konjit observation of this Government
she know nothing about what she has written

Djibouti is our great enemy, God will pay her for this

Email: yeamdechilo@yahoo.com

Konjit, 54 ppl did not die in the LA riot. It's individuals like you who prolong the misery of the people by justifying the atrocities of dictators. How could you defend a clear violation of international human rights law? What's the purpose of a law if it is not obeyed?

Desta you forgot to mentioned 3.000 people why they got killed.

Konjit:
Don't even try to compare the LA riots with the killing of innocent civilians in Ethiopia. Compare apple to apple. Comparing the killing of election protestors by Meles's special forces armed to their teeth with Rodney King's beating by police is an exercise in futility. The police were not intstucted by their superiors to beat Rodney King. The brutal and backward Meles adminstration should not be compared with the United States.

Email: negat@sbcglobal.net

City: Houston

No one should be surprised by the Melese government torturing and killing of innocent Ethiopian. They came from the jungle where the jungle law ruled; if any one disagrees with their policy, their responses were get rid of him/her by killing. They killed many young fighters in the field who disagreed with them. They have been doing that since they came to power 14 yrs ago. Ex. The killing of General Hylom, the killing Security Chief, the imprisonment of Siye Abraha, the killing of university students in the 2001, imprisonment of the Oromo students from the university for their peaceful opposition to the government, etc are a few of the examples. Democracy is not what they can understand or apply. Getting collaboration from the Djibouti government should also not come as a surprise to any one. Both leaders are dictators. Like any dictator, they would help each other in any possible ways. The best solution to this kind of problem, while we conduct legal fight about the deportation of the two pilots by the Djibouti government, is to strength the struggle against the Ethiopian dictator to replace with democratic system. Djibouti will then get appropriate response for the action they took.

Email: Minilik@hotmail.com

City: Los Angeles

Dear Ethiopian

what were you expecting? by the way do you know that Dibutii's Peresdant Brother is here in Addis trading hand and gloove with EPRDF. He has got license of transit Goods. being here with tel. may be with our cost coordinate every thing with his brother. and they have a big Dom too. they also are evacuating dubitii's money to ethiopia and they to other places

God help Us we are complitely under colony in both sides

Email: agegnehub@yahoo.com

Konjit!
I'm really shocked by your reply confirming that Meles or his government don't kill innocent people like Derg. First why should we still compair the Weyane regime with the Derg after 14 years of ruling? And by the way the correct number of people who died in the riot where 36 not 26 and most of them are the productive group. So Konjit please don't tell us about Meles's government being reasonable read some of the examples by RM's comment and take the nearest Example of the innocent people killed and DON'T compair it with Derg it has been 14 years we don't won't to here about the brutal Derg regime history is repeating it self. but now please lets do what we can do e-mail and call Red Cross and any other organization befor it is too late. Thanks

City: Melbourn

Dear ethiopians,

Why don't you get surprised by the djibouti government. Don't you remember the act of the meles regime on the somalians for the last 14 years? So it is better for the djibouti dictator to handover the two pilots to the WOYANIE so as to have better sleep.
But i am very surprised by the believe and writing of konjit. If you see such believe from an "Ethiopian",why do we surprise by the djiboutian dictator? But i belive God knows the fate of this country morethan KONJIT & GEBRESELASIE.

You don't know how they function in Djibouti. If there is no chat exported from Ethiopia, they can't work. Therefore for Meles, it is enough to warn them that he stops chat exportation so that they hand over him the pilot defectors or any person who demands for asylum.

Unfortunately, I was in djibouti for three months, there is no law or any rule that governs the country. If a raff(police) cought you for not having residence permit, you have to advance 50 birr so that he could leave you soon despite the fact that you have a UNHCR paper which attests that you are an asylum-seeker.

Don't be surprised of what was done by the president of djibouti! It's better to fight to free these heroic defectors.

Email: wegenetenesa@yahoo.com

According to the agreement between France and Ethiopia concerning (afar and Isa) Djibouti was that France would administrate her for hundred years. After hundred years Djibouti would be part of Ethiopia. Because of Ethiopia had no good leaders, Djibouti became illegally an independent country. That time was Derg in power busy killing intellectuals. So, now is the time to take Djibouti back as part of Ethiopia. The pilots also didn't immigrate to another country but fled to another part of their country (afar and Isa)

Email: Hirut @hotmail.com

Woe unto you Djibouti! and my prayers to you-our brave pilots. History shall remember your valor, which was expressed by putting your lives in danger to save others'.

Email: tarefun@yahoo.com

We cannot expect reasonable action from these two dictators.
We should not lose focus from our hero pilots who refused to kill their own brothers and sisters. Now they are at the hands of a cruel government. We should call on the international human rights groups to tell Meles's administration to free them and to refrain from harming them. The Djibouti goverment is full of lies and should be held responsible if anything happens to these pilots.

Headquarter
Yara International Inc.
60 Franklin Street
Malden, MA 02148
Phone: (781) 397-0033
Fax: (781) 397-6611

Yara International of Florida Inc.
170 Sunport Lane - Suite 800
Orlando, FL-32809
Phone: (407) 251-4122
Fax: (407) 251-4133

Yara International of California Inc.
1446 W. El Segundo Blvd with Halldale
Gardena, CA 90249
Phone: (310) 630-1610
Fax: (310) 630-1611

Contact Us
info@yarainc.com

These two brave souls are in a world of trouble. If they end up avoiding a firing squad, they will at the very least face a cruel and hellish existence for God only knows how long. I have a sickening feeling they're probably being tortured.

I will repeat what I said in another thread I tried, but failed, to get going in any meaningful way. And that point is this: we should work to humanize these two pilots to the world. I respectfully ask Ethiopian Review to host a few pages containing pictures and biographical stories of these two men of conscience. And once their pictures and stories are up, we should send the web link to as many journalists as possible. What do you guys think?

Konjit, your assertion that this regime doesn't execute Ethiopians is simply wrong. This regime has summarily executed thousands of people since its the beginning of its misrule. Just because these extra-judical killings aren't announced by official organs doesn't mean they didn't happen. You should know better, for Christ's sake.

C.O

This message 4 who call's him self gebreselasai but from my view&those ethiopian u'r not named with this God creation human being,u&all u'r freinds like u are gebremeles.
u'r very happy when those brave ethiopian pilots are handed over to that buda & dectator who was u'r&u'r freinds creater,i don't want to call his name,you &he(u know who is he)are devils.

Email: NEG@YAHOO.COM

City: DDC

Dear opposition,

It is shame to shout on behalf of pilots who decided to fly back home. Don't worry. Ethiopia cares for them more than any of you because they are valuable to the national defence. Unlike most people in the diaspora the have only one citizenship_beloved Ethiopian. So, leave them in peace.

You should rather on those defectors in Belarus.They might be forcefully deported back home. Check the news wires for further information.I am assemed of this ex-pilots because their asylum quest in the U.S embassy, rejected for obvious reason, indicates they are economic immigrants like most of you in the diaspora.

Hence, try to help this economic immigrats and leave the heros to us.
Ali

Email: aliadd-2005@yahoo.com

City: Addis

To all Ethiopian brothers and sisters:
Wherever we Ethiopians are let’s not forget these brave pilots who risked their lives to save other Ethiopians. They are at the hands of a cruel regime. We have to save them!!! All Ethiopians should contact the United Nations Refugee Agency and other agencies listed on the Ethiopianreview web sites.

To those saying that the Ethiopians in Diaspora do not count :
Insulting people is not a sign of knowledge but sign of weakness.
Ethiopians in Diaspora have the same rights of citizenship as the people of Ethiopia. Just because they left Ethiopia does not strip them of the love and concern for their country. This division between Ethiopians at home and in Diaspora is another attempt to divide people… this did not work and should be avoided and ignored. Meles and most of his group lived outside of Ethiopia for many years used Somali and other passports. Just because he lived outside Ethiopia did not stop him from being an Ethiopian.
Actually the people in Diaspora are the main voices for the oppressed Ethiopians living in Ethiopia. They are exposing Meles’s and his group’s abuse and atrocities. If people lose their lives during peaceful protest at an election in front of watchful eyes and international observers, just imagine how many unknown human right violations and crimes were committed during the last 14 years in secret. The whole world knows what has happened to those brave protestors in Addis Ababa and in the rural area when they tried to peacefully protest the election count. They were all killed, tortured, imprisoned, harassed and so on.
If all sides agree that they are our beloved Ethiopian heroes then let’s work on getting them their freedom.

Moderator,like it or not the white establishment on earth so arogant even Minsk refused to grant assylem to our heroes whom are consist of many tribes in Ethiopia why?because Melesse Zenawi purchasing weapons from Belarus goverment so is Isias of Asstera the next phase would be comming TPLF VS EPLF thus Minsk don't give a **** if you are Amhara,Oromo,Tegre its all bout selling weapons they know how best.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

The only solution is to kill Melese Zenawi head.

Since Agazzi soldiers consist of many tribes,its fair to say they are ignorant from Oromo,Tegre,Amhara pesants including Southern nationalities.

Melese Zenawi a wombede in final analyss will be run.

Djbouti,its Goverment signed a protocol with Isias,Melese,Bushir,and Yemen whose goverment cant live with chat signed accord with CIA task force.

CIA IS BIGGEST PROBLEM IN AFRICA.

MELESE ZENAWI DEPEND ON CIA LOGESTICAL SUPPORT.

CIA BEST ALLIED IS SCOTLAND YARD,BUT THIS TWO INVESTIGATERS THINK ENGLISH LIFE WORTH MORE THAN ETHIOPIAN LIVES,AS FAR AS I'M CONCERN I'M SIT HERE WATCH.

MELESE ZENAWI GOT A TROPHY BY NORWAY,NORWAY/OSLO ARE REALY STUPID COUNTRY.

TPLF,OLF or any other organizations,you better listen to CUD and its manifesto.

As far as i'm consern the CUD idea will work begining in Addis,Ababa.

CUD have to tell EPRDF thier time is up.

Moderator,i'm sick n tired of you blocking my views,either post it or don't post it at all.

NUNU,

Do you think such bunch of lie will help us to change the situation?Where do you get the information about protests in rural areas?Which rural are are talking about? are sure there was any incident out of Addis?Why are you fabricating such information?I assure you such lies only damage your argument against the goverment.

On the issue of the role of the diaspora, I think they can have some role but not as such decisive. You see, people thre have a double ID while we at home only one and if cises looms here we will be the first and last victims.So, try to avoid pushing sticks on our wounds( as the saying goes... besaw KUSIL enchet sidedbet).

Thanks,
Ali

Email: Alia-2005@yahoo.com

Beware! everybody we have another moron on board by the name of Ali. He is the son of GebreMeles. He looks; acts and talks just like his daddy GebreMeles. It is very sad that Ali seems a little bit more retarded than his father.

Yigermal,
I am not sure what has amuzed you.Anyway,why don't you stick to the pointof dicussion at hand? Why are so much worried on my personality rather than on my opnion.Your approach is a typical of despotic and moron people. I am not saying you are moron but your style of discussion.

Think over it!Democracy presupposes diversity.

Thanks,
Ali

Email: Alia-2005@yahoo.com

What is going on about the pilots? I am worried about them. Is there some Ethiopian organization working on their behalf? It has been very frustrating for me because no other Ethiopian live around me to organize something. I have written some letters but no reply yet. Hopefully UN and HRW are working on their behalf. Any news is helpful, thanks.

Ali,

Right now I am so much concerned about our beloved pilots that are at the hands of the brutal regime and we have to be there for them to get their freedom. I beg all caring Ethiopians to get involved in the process and help our heroes.

To answer your questions to my previous comment, if you really are a caring and an honest person, I am sure that if you searched you will find that there were many reports of people who were killed, tortured, and jailed for not supporting Meles’s administration in the past few months. From your comment I can guess that you don’t seem to be affected by current situation in Ethiopia and would prefer continuation of the same. Just because Addis Ababa’s killing has gotten extensive media coverage does not necessarily mean that rural areas received the same coverage. At the same time just because rural areas have no extensive media coverage (EPRDF control mostly), does not mean people are content with the current government. If you do not know about the protests I assume you know about the killings. Everybody knows that many CUD and OLF members have been jailed and killed. Why do you think these people were jailed and killed? To protest does necessarily mean coming out on the street in groups.
Again about people in Diaspora, if they keep quite and continue to live their comfortable lives do you think that is helping the Ethiopians that are at the barrel of gun and suffering in their own country? I don’t think so. About the double ID, I already gave you an example of how Meles’s and his group’s were using Somali and other passports before they became Ethiopians. However, reall Ethiopians are Ethiopians wherever they are and care about their people and country. This is established fact. Election did not happen because Meles wanted it but partly because there were some Ethiopians who pressured foreign governments to do something about the situation. The freedom of the students who were jailed and tortured for protesting election results did not come from Meles’s kindness but partly because of the voice of protest from Ethiopians in Diaspora made to the foreign governments. Do not forget that Meles and his groups came to power in Ethiopia, not by being in Ethiopia but by being abroad and with the support of foreign governments.

Ali,
Not to lose focus from our brave pilots' current condition and the unethical and deplorable action of the Djibouti government but since you appear not to be in touch with the suffering of Ethiopians please read this report found on ethiomedia.com

Repression in rural Ethiopia
Ethiopian National Congress (ENC): July 24, 2005

Reports filtering out of the Ethiopian countryside confirm that, following what appears to have been its electoral defeat, the EPRDF government has unleashed on the people its special troops, supported by its paramilitary forces and armed local government officials. In what increasingly bears genocidal characteristics, numerous ordinary people are being indiscriminately killed and wounded. Many are being tortured and intimidated.
First hand witnesses confirm that the repression includes the burning of houses and property, and the confiscation of land and farm animals. Terrified by such tactics, hundreds and possibly thousands of individuals and families have been forced to abandon their farms to save their lives – in the middle of the main period for cultivation.
The brute use of force by EPRDF government on innocent farmers is blatant retaliation for rejecting EPRDF’s candidates. It also aims to intimidate them so that they will be too afraid to bear witness against the orchestration of the investigation of vote counting currently underway under the auspices of the partisan National Election Board (NEB).
Although the repression has been all across the nation, farmers in certain parts of the country have been singled out for particularly brutal treatments. For instance, in Borena Zone in Wollo, especially in Kelala Lemi and Debre Sina districts, mass killings have been reported, not to mention loss of property and internal displacements. There are similar reports from parts of Gonder, eastern Gojjam, Shoa, parts of Wollega and Southern Ethiopia.
Residents of the Ethiopian countryside are particularly vulnerable to targeted atrocities due to their remote geography, lack of quick transport and communication infrastructure for rapid exchange of information, absence of human rights monitoring groups and lack of independent media coverage. Knowing this, EPRDF is acting with impunity.
We appeal to all Ethiopians, and to humanitarian and international agencies to raise their voices so as to put a stop to the killings of our people. The EPRDF government is engaged in ruthlessly revenging and reshaping the outcome of the May 15 elections. It has lost all fear of the consequences after premature adulatory comments by certain groups of the international community about the conduct of the elections.
The irresponsible and brutal measures of the EPRDF government must be stopped before we lose many more lives, and before the government causes further displacements of people from their birth places, destruction of their properties, confiscation of their assets, and the consequent danger of starvation. We ask all peace loving people around the world, including human rights organizations, to make their voices heard at the earliest opportunity to stem the killings and brutalities. We urge experienced international agencies to conduct assessments as a matter of the greatest urgency. Most Ethiopians are deeply distressed by the genocidal scale of what seems to have been set in train by EPRDF as much as by the apparent silence of the international community.
The Executive Committee of the Ethiopian National Congress

To dear Moderator and other Amharas

STOP insliting Djibouti... If not Djibouti have no choice but to ban all Amhara from Port Djibouti...

To all warmongers please stop instuling Djibouti inculding the Moderator... Djibouti have the right to deport those Amhara pilots you like it or not.... If you keep opening up your drity mouth then Dibotui will deport 100,000 pooooooooooooooooor Amhara refugees that destroying our culutres

DJIBOUTI HAVE THE RIGHT TO KICK ETHIOPIAN PILOTS OUT.
DJIBOUTI ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BAN ANY AMHARA FROM USING PORT DJIOUTI.
DJIBOUTI HAVE THE RIGHT TO KICK ALL 100,000 AMHARA REFUGEES OUT OF DJIBOUTI

DJIBOUTI HAVE THE RIGHT TO KICK THE PILOTS.
DJIBOUTI HAVE THE RIGHT TO BAN ANY AMHARA FROM USING DJIBOUTI PORT
DJIBOUTI HAVE THE RIGHT TO KICK ALL 100,000 AMHARA OUT OF DJIBOUTI

NUNU,
Thank for the information. But, I am now back home, in Addis, and I have first hand information on every issue.Why I should take such fabricated information from an opposition website.

By the way, you can read more worse reports in a dozen of tabloid news paper in Addis.But,it is difficult to take these reports.I only realized that the freedom they enjoy to attack the goverment or Meles personaly is somtimes unacceptable in Europe, where I reside.

So, my personal advice to you is, if can listen,please try to filter such info.

Ali, in Addis

Email: Aliabc-2005@yahoo.com

DJIBOUTI HAVE THE RIGHT TO BAN ANY ETHIOPIAN FROM USING DJIBOUTI PORT
DJIBOUTI HAVE THE RIGHT TO KICK ALL 100,000 ETHIOPIANS OUT OF DJIBOUTI

DJIBOUTI HAVE THE RIGHT TO BAN ANY AMHARA FROM USING DJIBOUTI PORT
DJIBOUTI HAVE THE RIGHT TO KICK ALL 100,000 AMHARA OUT OF DJIBOUTI

I would advice anyone who wants to get closer to accurate news to search for different news sources or media instead of confining themselves to one-sided sources only. That one side has the upper hand and controls the media should tell us something is wrong. It is up to us to search what is happening on the other non government controlled media. Anyone saying that non-governmental sources fabricate news and have no idea about what is going on is ‘putting their head in the sand’. Alternatively it may be that this person is either dishonest or is trying to deceive people. When it comes to our country and people we have to exchange information in any honest method from all sides. Otherwise we are not helping our people or our country.

To Ali,
First of all, you do not have first hand information just because you are in Addis right now. On state run media like that in Ethiopia you will never get well-balanced news. On the other hand, Meles’s policy in Europe, as you say, is not acceptable. Read about what the election observer from EU, Ms. Ana Gomez has said. Also Britain’s Tony Blair holding back assistance money allocated to Ethiopia shows Meles’s election problems. So which country has come out and congratulated Meles’s for his election results? So far none!

Secondly, on your previous comment you presented yourself as if you are holding Ethiopian ID, living in Ethiopia and afraid of becoming a victim of the government if you expressed your opinion like Ethiopians in Diaspora.
THIS WAS YOUR PREVIOUS COMMENT “You see, people there have a double ID while we at home only one and if cises looms here we will be the first and last victims. So, try to avoid pushing sticks on our wounds( as the saying goes... besaw KUSIL enchet sidedbet”.
ON YOUR LAST COMMENT YOU WROTE, “ Europe, where I reside”.
My conclusion is that you are not an honest person because you can’t even follow up on your own comments. You are not on any Ethiopians’ side and you are trying to deceive everyone. YOUR COVER HAS BEEN BLOWN. This will be MY LAST response to you.

Re: The truth about Ato Mistre Haileselssie of Switzerland

Any one who has read a news posted from an Ethiopian newspaper in Warka (www.cyberethiopia.com) under the title of "Asylum seekers will be deported"?

Please inform those ppl who are trying to destroy the name the good Ethiopian Ato Mistre Haileselassie of Switzerland. The truth about this good peson can be heard on last sudnay Ethiopia Voice of Sweden.

Listen here http://www.ethiopia.se/ram/voe.ram

And read about Ethiopian asylum seekers real struggel
from
http://www.ethioview.com/images/occasionals/switss/swiss.htm

http://www.ethioview.com/images/occasionals/switss/self.htm

Kiber Le Ethiopia and Ethiopians

Email: qoster@yahoo.com

Moderator,you been deleting my post.

Ali:
We know who negotiated for the deportation of the two pilots in Djibouti. We know it is the work of Alamoudi.

Email: must@yahoo.com