Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All in the name of "peaceful struggle" CUD is expecting EPRDF to mutate its political DNA

All in the name of peaceful struggle, CUD is sliding back and locking its tail. Demonstrations, nation wide strikes, agitation against government, public disobedience are all legal and peaceful; as peaceful as "greeting the government". If the opposition is afraid to use this legitimate and powerful means then it has to wait for EPRDF to mutate its political DNA. Not only EPRDF is not willing to give up its power, but even more so the opposition is not ready to assume leadership. As of now the opposition is doing nothing less than spoiling the cook.

Who said peaceful struggle is necessarily bloodless? Who rated peaceful struggle as not fierce? Who said diplomatic struggle is gutess softy talk to submit into lopsided agreement?

Nelson Mandela has led a peaceful struggle against the worst form oppression. Yet thousands and thousands of Africans were killed, tortured, evicted, disappeared, you name it.

Fellow Ethiopians are willing to sacrifice for their freedom, but not ready to return blood for blood. Peaceful struggle is fierce and even more costly than that of armed confrontation. When you go to fight you decide on your weapon of choice but you may not dictate your adversary to pick your choice. The people are ready to wage a peaceful but fierce struggle and EPRDF is ready to pull the trigger. If the opposition believes that freedom is not worth the sacrifice then they should handover the leadership to those who believe so.

If not, all in the name of “peaceful struggle” we are giving into tyranny.

Yohannes S.

Email: shenkute@yahoo.com

City: Nashville, TN

Re: All in the name of "peaceful struggle" CUD is expecting EPRDF to mutate its political DNA

Yohannes S

What a way to articulate a complex subject in a rather simple way. I have been discussing this issue with Ethiopian in another thread. But alas you have succeeded in articulating with a few words that I have failed ot say in 5 long messgaes. Kudos. Let us hear Ethiopian on thsi forum. Kudos again. I think you rendered the argument put forth by Ethiopian lifeless.

Mamo Qilo
submitted on behalf of
Gebreselassie Zemariam