Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who is a patriot?

Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism [tribalism], when hate for people other than your own comes first.
~Charles de Gaulle

Nationalism [tribalism] is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.
~Albert Einstein

He loves his country best who strives to make it best.
~Robert G. Ingersoll

My kind of loyalty was loyalty to one's country, not to its institutions or its office-holders.
~Mark Twain

atriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.
~Adlai Stevenson

The proper means of increasing the love we bear our native country is to reside some time in a foreign one.
~William Shenstone

Re: Who is a patriot?

A patriot is one who defends what is right for the country and challenges what is not with equal ditermination.

Almaz

Well said Almaz! We the Ethiopians in the Diaspora are doing what a patriot should do. I hope people have listened to Ato Amare Aregawi's (Editor and owner of the "Reporter" newspaper) interview that was posted on Ethiofirst.com. Not knowing what the Ethiopians abroad are doing is not expected from such a journalist and ignoring what is going on another. He is out of bounce.

God bless Ethiopia!

Email: lehagerandenet@yahoo.com

Who is a patriot?
It's me! me! u know why ? I do hate the Woyanes.
Regards
City bird

Citybird,

I also do not like what TPLF/EPRDF is doing to Ethiopia. But I doubt that hating the woryanes or not liking what they are doing makes one a patriot. One has to work relentlessly and selflessly to help the country move on the right path and make a tangible contribution to improve life for Ethiopians in order to merit the patriot title.

I hope one day all of us will be able to legitimately call ourselves patriots.

Hager Shatchu,

Why did you assume that I am amhara? You are wrong.
I pray to God that Ethiopia doesn’t have many people with your mindset.
May God give you peace and a loving heart. May your heart desire peace and harmony for all.

selam yehune
why are you running away from the truth????????????

Email: selikonjo@yahoo.de

We respect the people of Tigray.We despise Bandas and their decendants because they don't know what a nation mean as long as they fill thier tummy.

Ato Andinet Belete,

Thanks for your financial contribution to this forum. Since you didn't write down your address in the envolope, we could not mail you a thank you letter.

Regards,
Elias

Thank you Ato Elias

No need to thank me. I am glad you received it and this is the least I could do. I should thank you for the excellent work ER is doing.

Regards,