Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Differences within CUD.

Lidetu : The public itself must ask why such measures were taken. The public has to exert pressure to know the inner-party differences within CUD. I don't believe the current process would lead to the respect of the people's poll results. This is because the process gives a legal cover-up to the ruling party's alleged poll victory. I also don't believe the current process would help resolve the volatile situation we have been living through.

http://www.ethiomedia.com/newpress/lidetu_071605.html

Re: Differences within CUD.

Ato Gebreselassie

I mean no impudence against you; rest assured difference of opinion does not denote irreconcilable division. Why is it hard for you to get that? Is EPRDF a one-brain organization? If so, we are truly in deep trouble. May be Mamo Quilo is right.

With love, of course!

I thing cud or the coaltion are not the solution of ethiopia,they are power hungry which do not care about the people.
1, they don`t support article 39 they want the old way to suprise minority ethnic groups.
2,they want strong gov`t from addis
they don`t suppoert demcratic process of the country
3,they don`t want ethiopia to be ruled by differnt ethinc group than amahra etc
over all they are a bunch of niftaja kids

Email: jamaljaf@yahoo.com

City: washington

Harar,

Why do you think the people in all regions voted for the coalition? I do not expect you to be smart. That is too much to ask. All we are asking of you is not to be a moron in public. Is that too much to ask?

Mamo QIlo

Gebreselassie,

It is a sign of democracy that there is opinion differences within CUD and it is aried publicly. In the case of your party if your views differ from Meles's views you would end up being killed or thrown to jail. I call Seye Abraha and Hailom as an alabi. What say you Ato Tirkimerki?

Mamo Qilo

I am not a supporter of CUD but strongly supports UEDF. For now they have agreed to work together. The true democratic contest in my opinion begins when there is open and free election between the two opposition parties. UEDF stands for the right of nations and nationalities but will works towards a framework of creating and enhancing Ethiopian unity. I will encourage people to support CUD with reservation about their respect for nationalities. There is no question that CUD is better choice than EPDRF. I know personally hailu Shawel. He is smart enough to handle this small differnces. Do not brood over this!

Ibrahim,

I love to hear your views on this. VJ seems to be open minded.

Mamo Qilo

Dear VJ:
I will support you and present your case to Ethiopian Somali Democratic Council that you are the right man to be trusted and led Ethiopia. You should move into the stage, and your charismatic leadership will culminate into the genuine struggle of New Ethiopia that Honorable Meles and his cabinet has commenced.
Do not hesitate to come out and run for the public office and I will call my region as soon as I read the UEDF programm and inform them that you are taking Ethiopia to Heaven unlike the settler who created a Hell on earth and preparing to put us Hell in the hereafter.
I can see your line of thinking is so clear like day light deviod of mischeif and conspiracy theory a la CUD.
In addition, I will challenge to the children of settler to answer comrade VJ's interpretation of CUD and UEDF difference and do not stir the pot to create chaos and problems. In other words, just answer the difference and do not personalize and turn the table to wrong side of the debate

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Dear Mamo:
Why are you pushing me to answer the question which is purposed to you?
It seems that the Balabad and Masafint characteritic which is emaned from ordering people do not go away from your perception. This went with the wind of Derg song Aktimoyal ye Mesafint Agazaz. This trait of personality is what we, the Ethiopian Somali, call a closed mind or close loop in your computer language. In the world of electrical engineering, we call close feedback loop and at least it will go through resistor and capacitor to filter and result with a good amplified signal. You might say that Ibrahim is a man of many huts and go into many dimension of knowledge to answer a simple question. Yes, when I arrived to this Western world, I went to many fields although I love law and philosophy which help humanity to shape their outlook and perception. I am working hard to find out African philosophy grounded in the indegenous( this is colonial coined word) rule of law as if the essence of natural law in the Western world drop from sky. Mamo, you recalled dialectical historical materialism a la EPRP in the democracia. The negation of negation is what ---looking the idea from all angle before we run with it and hit somebody as your foot soldiers do.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

According to Ato Lidetu Ayalew the CUD officials have betrayed their supporters when they agreed to run for election under the supervision of NEB and outside forces.In a very strange way he equate their act of betrail to that of Meles Zenawi when he signed the Algeris agreement. Seye Abrahas within the oppostion?

VJ is my kind of person. I am for UDEF more than I ma for CUD. He is in agrement with me that he would vote for CUD any day than to EPRDF. I do not like the hardliners in CUD, like Lidetu. I think Hailu is a seasoned and pragmatic person. He can handle the situation in a mature way.

Ibrahim, how can yu vote for VJ, he seems to have a completly different belief than you do. I still feel that I can work with you better than I can work with people like Lidetu.

Mamo Qilo

Beza Beza,

Whether the CUD agree or disagree with anything the National Electoral Board, the fact they have stayed on course is a good thing. If they have given up, that means full parliamentarian power to TPLF. We don’t want that to happen, do we? If any of the opposition parties has withdrawn from the election process at this crucial moment in time, Meles will be a happy bunny. His excuse will be we had a fair election, but opposition pulled out of the election, bla bla bla…..

The most important thing we all have to focus on is not to let the poor people of Ethiopia down, who peacefully queued up 12 hours to cast their vote. Any personal issue or differences at this stage is irrelevant. I respect Eng Shawel, who is fighting the battle peacefully. My message to him is, whatever the final result, don’t let the people who have voted for you down.

to brook
demoracy can can not buield in over night,the cud is falling down like EPRP,becouse of power hungry instead accepting the out come of the electro board could been smooth transtionl change for next election but they miss their chance . but now every ethiopian asking who are this people? what they want? they want to know about aricle 39 stand!
if they try by force its over for the country
byb by

Harar,

You coome across like a sort of not a bright person. I wonder how many times you failed in 3rd grade. Your brain seems to have stuck at that level.

Mamo Qilo

DEar hara

Please, Never write such stupid think about ethinic difference in ethiopia. We all are saying there should not be such majority mainority of ethinic but one Ethiopia based on Equality. by the way do know that EPRDF(yours) even does not like as such you do?

Email: agegnehub@yahoo.com

City: A.A

stupid Amhara **** you guyes,with name of ethiopia unity you guys you want the same old wayes,will fight you and **** you again and again.

Harar,
You are nothing but full of hate. The Devil has taken a hold of you. You need exorcism.