Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Somali Region is in full gear for election

Dear Members:
I have talked to Minister Mohamud Dirir who is one of the Somali delegate in Jijiga and he told me that CUD has opened an office in the city. This is a part of democractic system and the people will decide that the parties will get the 23 seats.

HEADLINE: Ethiopia;
Youth in Somali State Vow to Make Upcoming Election a Success

BYLINE: The Ethiopian Herald

BODY:
More than 650 youth and students in Jijiga town of the Somali State Government said they would do their level best to make successful the HPR and State Council

Elections due to be held in the state in August.

At a gathering they held in Jijiga Stadium Sunday to discuss the upcoming election in the state, the youth and students said they would render the necessary support to ensure the active participation of the public in the upcoming election.

The town's youth have also expressed deep sorrow over the loss of lives in the recent riot in Addis Ababa in relation to the result of the May 15 elections.They called on political parties that have fielded candidates to contest in the Mid-August election in the Somali State to operate in accordance with the Federal Constitution as well as the rules and regulations of the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia.

LOAD-DATE: July 12, 2005

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Re: Somali Region is in full gear for election

Dr. Ibrahim,

I would not be surprised at all if the Somali region proves to be the Waterloo for EPRDF. Actually I expect it to be so, if CUD plays its card right and fields the right candidates. Candidates that would truly reflect the interest of the people and would promote the true wishes, aspirations and interests of the people. I predict (UEDF 8, CUD 9 and EPRDF 6). Can you make a prediction?

Mamo Qilo

Mamo what's the use if we loose Ogaden?absolutely nothing to gain from CUD point of view.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

DillingerJ1,

It is the people that make Ethiopia what it is. From what I reas so far, I am more in tune with Ibrahim than I am with you. If Ibrahim and I had our ands on Hailu Shaul and repackage him, I can assure you we can sweep the 23 seats in Somlia region, just like in Addis.

Mamo Qilo

I WAS IN ETHIOPIA PARTICULARLY IN ADDIS ABABA 2003 EVERY PLACE I WENT CADRES AFTER CADRES WATCHING ME I DID NOT KNOW TILL I GOT MY HOME TOWN GONDAR,ITS AMAZING HOW GONDER HIJACKED BY EPRDF CADRES.

Ethiopian reasoning out of time Mamo,you yourself can't even have decent conversation with your own family because cadres are telling your homes how to govern better than your own.

Dear Ibrahim Shirdon
I tried to post the following comment tonight
but the moderator deleted my comment.I want you and
Mamo and others to make note of it.

I had thought we could chat and learn form each other , but never expected a simple and honest question would be rejected .

just because they can or they did not like it's objectivity.

I asked who is Ethiopian and wanted to know beyond the obvious the country located in so and so borderd by so so , and the people who born or lived for long there
i cited for an example of the expelled Yemenis during the Durge, the departure for the Flashas , and the children of the Ethiopian in the diaspora who are not born or live in ethiopia and still are ethiopinas. I asked wheather the notion ethiopian is confined to the urban amharic speakers or it includes the non amharic speakers and the nomands
to make a very intorspective comment asking both the claimers and disclaimers to came up with their point view for their claim of Ethiopian or disclaim.
I thought in the process of the debate we could learn or change our thighly held assumptions (wrong or right) but some body did not like my opinion and shut me down by deleting what i wrote . an idea that I felt to be very educational.

I am sorry for assuming that this forum was for all Ethiopians regardless of their point of view.

so long

Ibrahim,the out come of Somali/Ethiopian vote determined how people feel?what do they want?do they belong to Ethiopia or not?CUD has to show and play a reality field of trust.

I'm very optimistic that Somali/Ethiopians will stand with thier votes for CUD.

People in Ogaden have no intention to see the derge in the form of CUD.