Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mamo Qilo to Advise CUD - Part II

This is part II of a two part interview with BBC. This is how Engineer Hailu would have responded if I were his handler. This is not the original text. It is liberally Edited, Revised, Rewritten, and Sanitized by Mamo Qilo.

----

BBC: “Let’s look at the international reaction to what is happening here. Britain announced the suspension of 20 million pounds. Do you support that? Do you want the G8 countries to suspend their debt relief for Ethiopia?”

Hailu:- “My understanding is that the debt relief is supposed to be given to countries that have shown progress both in the economic and political spheres. The governments that are applying for debt relief are expected to show serious effort to introduce democracy. It is important to understand that the most serious malice that Africa suffers from is political affliction. The economic malice is the symptom of what has gone wrong in the political arena. If the international community is as serious as it seems to be, it should worry both about economic problems and political problems. The international community should worry about entrenching authoritarian governments that have created stambling block to development. The Ethiopian situation is a case in point. The government has refused to implement the recommendations of IMF and the World Bank, particularly when it comes to privatization. All studies indicate that free market is essential for development. So I believe the international community should use the debt relief as a leverage to encourage the government to change its policies and to respect the wishes of the people. In short I am against giving the government financial assistance before it meets the very conditions that are required to benefit from the debt relief.”

BBC: “Let us be clear about that. Are you telling the International Community, which is giving billions of dollars of aid to Ethiopia that they should now reconsider all of that aid; given what is happening in your country?”

Hailu:- “That is correct. Money is not the core of our problem. The core of our problem is the absence of good governance. I am sure you are aware the amount of capital flight out of Africa. The root cause of our problem is bad governance. No amount of money would resolve our economic malice before we address the political malice that is at the core of our economic problem.’

BBC: “Why do you think Prime Minister Meles is one of the favorite African leaders of the Donor Countries? They regard him as a beacon of progress and good governance! Tony Blair appointed him in the African commission. Why?”

Hailu:- “I cannot tell you why Mr. Tony Blair thinks the way he thinks. I can tell you why the Ethiopian people do not agree with Mr. Blair. The election results would speak loud and clear that the thinking of the international comunity is at odd with the thinking in Ethiopia.”

BBC: “Are you just saying that they have been duped by Prime Minister Meles?”

Hailu:- “Prime Minister Meles has been in power for over 14 years and he does not seem to have a plan or time table to relinquish power. The international community has witnessed the authoritarian nature of this government in the recent episode. The Amnesty International and Human Rights watch have been publishing cases after cases of murder, torture, meta constitutional arrests as well as corruption. I am sure Mr. Blair and his government is well aware of these cases. It is hard to say Mr. Tony is duped by Mr. Meles. But I do not want to second guess why he still supports the PM Meles. As they say you can cheat some peole some of the time, but you cannot cheat all of the people all the time. The recent episode would make it difficult for Mr. Blair and other to continue to present Mr. Meles as progressive or democratic.”

BBC: “Could it be that you, with your own political ambition, are using the current situation against the people of Ethiopia. You now are advising that aid should be reconsidered. Can you, yourself a man who served for two years under the so-called `Red Terror Regime of Colonel Mengistu…”

Hailu:- “I see two questions. Allow me to address them separately. The first is my political ambition. My ambition is to make sure that the will of the people would prevail and that it would not be stolen or undermined otherwise. I see nothing wrong with that. To do otherwise would e to betray the people and to allow the government to steal the election. The Ethiopian people are held hostage. It seems that unless we succumb to the pressure imposed upon us by the government they would continue to accuse us of putting the people in danger. This has always been the mode of operation of authoritarian governments. But we are not prepared to succumb to that. Your second question was my service to the Ethiopian people for two years during the red terror. As I am sure you may know I was a technocrat in charge of infrastructure in Ethiopia. I have never been a political comisar or a political person. So the decision to work with the government as a technical manager has nothing to do with the red terror.”

BBC: “I tell you what I talk about. I talk about you as a politician. I talk about your track record. I talk about what happened to Ethiopia under Colonel Mengistu. And I talk about where Ethiopia is today. It is making progress; for example it is educating its children, making progress economically. We have seen an 11 percent growth rate recently. It is slowly… slowly emerging from a terrible poverty under a leader that Western experts believe doing a decent job. And you are now trying to drag that process down."

Hailu:- “I would beg to differ with the record of the government that you seem to accept on face value. Factually the government’s claim that Ethiopian economy is growing does not seem to be borne by the reality on the ground. We have heard about Ethiopia’s growth ever since Mr. Meles took power 14 years ago. But the claim has proven to be nothing more than an economic mirage to the people. Though the Ethiopian people are told by the government that their lives have improved, and that the economy is growing at an impressive rate and that hope is on the horizon, what they have witnessed in the last 14 years are the following. According to the World Bank figures Ethiopia’s GDP per capita has declined from US$120 to US$110 on Mr. Meles’s watch. This is an abysmal performance, indeed an embarrassing performance by any standard, in light of the fact that Ethiopia has been one of the most favored recipients of foreign aid over the last decades and half, to the tune of billions of US dollars, both in grant and close to zero interest rate. Our people are dying of starvation; unemployment is among the highest in Africa. Ethiopia is one of the African countries that AIDS epidemic is the highest. What Ethiopia saw under this government was a costly war that was the result of the government’s failed policy with respect to Eritrea. Since Mr. Meles took power Ethiopia has been recycling pain, poverty and misery. This is what the people would tell you, contrary to the rosy and deceptive economic charts that seem to impose themselves on government reports.

BBC: “So what would you do if you may? If the electoral board were to over turn the preliminary result and be the leader of Ethiopia in a few short weeks. What would your priority be?’’

Hailu:- “My priorities are obvious. It is shown in our manifesto. What we’re going to do:- 1. Free up the financial system, 2. Create a conducive environment to create jobs for the young; create special training for that the young can get employed. At the moment we are concentrating only on state sponsored companies instead of attracting private investment locally and from after and abroad. We C.U.D. are on a private investment root. And I am sure I have links everywhere. If the atmosphere changed there will be a flood of investors coming here. That is the only way you create jobs and the only way you educate people.”

BBC: “And what would you do with the land?”

Hailu:- “ Privatize it obviously.”

BBC: “The Information Minister, Bereket Simon says: “If the opposition continues with its inflammatory rhetoric, Ethiopia could slide towards the kind of instability and then violence that Africa last saw in Rwanda!”

Hailu:- “ That is his negative thinking. It will never … never happen in Ethiopia! Never! Because that is not how the country has come about. People live here side by side. It is a mixed neighborhood. We talk to each other. The ladies have coffee together. We are intermarried. Inconceivable for this to happen. You should look at the heavily Tigrean areas like the Tekel-Haimanot. That are is 75 percent Tigreans. They voted for non Tigrean-- the CUD. So where is the problem?”

BBC: “Are you are optimistic of Ethiopia’s future? Till the last year people wanted to believe that this country is dragging itself from poverty. Now the out look looks much bleaker.”

Hailu:- “It’s not. Well it is easy to solve. Let the government take its guns away. Then we have a beautiful future; I can tell you.”

Hailu Shawel, thank you very much for being on “Hard Talk”.

Hailu:- “Thank You for having me here.”

(The interview was conducted on July 5, 2005.)

[END]

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

Re: Mamo Qilo to Advise CUD - Part II

MQ,
once again thank you. well done. readers I do not mean Hailu did bad, but still he could have done more using the chance.

Email: agegnehub@yahoo.com

City: A.A

Dear Lemlem:

Let me put the verbatim of you message. It reads as follows:

Hagere Ethiopia: Yourself being Tigraye and tell
Meles what he really is,
“a tyrant bloodthirsty killer
shows how much you love your country.”
All God fearing Ethiopian Tigrayes
should follow your path and say
“Not in our Name.”

What I want to ask you is this:
You wrote, “Feudalism will
never come back to Ethiopia”
Don’t you think it is here
already under different
name "Meles Zenwaye?"

Listen, as the Honorable Hailu Shawl put it perfectly I, the Tigre, voted for a Kinijit candidate who is a non tigrean. I live in Teklehaimanot area where over 85% are Tigres. The last 14 years has taught many Tigres a lot of things. In 1991 many Tigres thought their time has come. Many even dared to say "the throne taken from us by Menelik came back once again to us." They considered it as a ressurection of King Yohannes dynasty. As time elapsed the truth started unfolding itself and almost all said, "awekush nakush". No more euphoria over "yetigre mengist". Almost all have understood there should not such thing as tigre, oromo, amhara. Almost all now want a government that truly represents the interests of all Ethiopian people irrespective of ethnicity, religion etc. Many admitted the grave error they commited and confessed in public. Gebru Asrat in public asked apology from the Ethiopian people. Others followed suit. My sister Lemlem, what I want to advise you is that it should be we all Ethiopians that have to say to Meles "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". THIS IS not AT ALL A TASK YOU CAN FREELY ASSIGN TO ONE ETHNIC GROUP. It is wrong. It is outrageous. Your approach is a sure recipe for defeat. TPLF is working 7/24 to create unbridgeable intellectual and emotional divide. Don't be an easy prey for their evil design. Meles is engaged into terrorising everybody with his blanket accusation of the opposition being "anti Tigre". He in the past intimidated many politicians into silence, even those who loathed for him. He is determined to win everybody to his interest NOT by the force of his example or ideas, but by the force of arms. I am sure you are NOT advising me to go for a head on collision and sacrifice myself in a silly manner. Assume yourself in my position and try to imagine what you could have done. You can read what I wrote to a certain guy called GEBRE. Finally, I didn't mean to offend you. I am a type of person who, when gets angry, never uses coded diplomatic language. Otherwise I am an engaging conversationist. I am also eoquent and persuasive. Maybe my straight forwardness is a dreadful vice of me. Take ONLY the good side of me. I hate also guys like MAMO QILO, who are sanctimonious demagogues parading as PATRIOTS whereas they are actually mercenaries willing to defend a guy like MUDI 7/24. The MAMO QILOS are NOT reliable. They serve anyone who fills their bottomless appetite. Hodam as they are, they even try to advertise PEPSI in a forum like this meant and dedicated to discuss the current affairs of our country. They are sickening bunch of vultures. There are many MAMO QILOS here in Addis. You find them in Sheraton at office bar every night with a bottle of very expensive whiskies. Let me tell you what I witnessed one day. I went there to attend a weding ceremony. Mudi was dead drunk. He started spitting on all vultures who had surrounded him. They cleaned their face and smiled to him. He then splashed a glass full of whiskey over them. They again smiled. I tell you the MAMO QILOS at the office bar are not human beings. They are 70% dogs and 30% human beings with severe mental retrdation.

City: Addis

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

Ato Hagere Ethiopia,

It would be best if you could comment on the substance of what is at issue. I consider you as one of the capable people on this forum and would like to read your analysis.

best regards,

Tariku

Email: ttessema34@yahoo.com

Mamo Qilo,

You advice is very vague and convoluted. It does not make sense. You have not supported any of your observation with facts or figures. You talk about governance, rule of law and economic growth with out explaining the process. Your advice is utterly void of rational argument and objective knowledge. The retreat of sound reasons and knowledge in your suggestion has made the message board a silly playground for the so-called self-appointed “shrewd handler”.

Can you tell me or assist Ato Hailu, by stating three reasons why Ethiopia has not been able to alleviate the abject poverty in the last 14 years? Can you give me any other country in Africa who has done very well for the same period and why? You were unable to juxtapose Ato Hailu strength vis a vis Meles in Economic policy! Can you highlight any of the macro-economic policy of the opposition? Can you refute Professor Stigilth, Economic Nobel Laureate in 2002 and IMF endorsement of Ethiopian Economic Growth for the last ten years? Are you familiar with the restructuring of the federal bureaucracy in Ethiopia, can you explain some of the drawbacks. How do you links ethnic minority as economic growth or lack-off it in Ethiopia. Explain why the theoretical background that ethnic politics is irrelevant at the present day Ethiopia? I am interested in the historical and theoretical underpinning not anecdote such as Tekelhimonte Sefer voting for the opposition!

Give me examples of the internal and external factors that have affected the economic growth in Ethiopia. Why IMF and World Bank continue supporting Ethiopia under Article IV and Poverty Reduction Program despite strict conditionality. You gave here rumbling and rancid explanations about bad policies. My man you are out of your league, access to media does not make you an expert. (Read IMF and World Bank Reports’)

I am glad Ato Hailu did not listen to you. You are not a kingmaker. I do not think you can even advice Joe Six-Pack to be elected as a dogcatcher in Wolf Point, Montana. Keep on dreaming! And spewing your mumbo–jumbo demagogy in presuming to speak for the whole country. Go head, it is a Harmless Fun!!

As Hagere Ethiopia said you are “Sanctimonious demagogue parading as a patriot” As I stated earlier you are suffering from NPD (Narcissistic Personal Disorder)

BTW, your mentor Carl Rove is about to indicted in DC for outing a CIA Agent. Powerful people always are caught doing petty crime. Remember Watergate. From you short bio it has hard to tell, wither you were at 12th grade at age 15 or Scandinavian country or at MIT Lab in US.

I am also awaiting your debate about Article 39…

Ghost Buster,

Let me first address your Article 39 issue. It was inserted in the constitution to appease fools like you with absolutely no practical implications. If you do not trust me ask OLF. If you think that Article 39 helps promote democracy, ask the people in Tigray.

You wrote: "You have not supported any of your observation with facts or figures."

I told you Ethiopia's GNP per capita droped from $120 to $110 in the last 14 years. This is what the World Bank figures show. What more fact do you need?

You asked: "Can you tell me or assist Ato Hailu, by stating three reasons why Ethiopia has not been able to alleviate the abject poverty in the last 14 years?"

Here are three reasons:

Reason #1: "EPRDF's bad economic policy. I am sure you have read the comments of the head of the World Bank office in Addis who expressed his views that he hoped the current support to free market as expressed in the people's support to the opposition party's economic policy would encourage the government to consider promoting free market more so than it has in the past.

Reason #2: Lack of functioning democracy. This is the most important factor to attract investment and to discourage capital flight.

Reason #3: Government by armed looters. As you know TPLF is using its political power to loot the people and to monopolize lucerative businesses.This has dicouraged businessmen. Whenever government sanctioned looting is prevalent, the economy moves south.

You asked: "Can you give me any other country in Africa who has done very well for the same period and why?" There are quite a number. I do not have the data handy, but I was able to get some data from the internet covering 1995 to 2004. Here are some of the countries that have done much better than Ethiopia. Chad, Lesotho, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ghana, Senegal, Mali, Rwanda, Mauritius, Botswana, Mozambique. This is despite the massive money that Ethiopia got from US, UK and multinational donors.

You asked:"why did they do better than Ethiopia?" because they are not led by armed looters.

You wrote: "Can you refute Professor Stigilth, Economic Nobel Laureate in 2002 and IMF endorsement of Ethiopian Economic Growth for the last ten years?" Professor Stiglitz's book was full of misinformation. For example it claims that Meles is a medical doctor who abandoned his profession to liberate his people. It suggests Dawit Yohanes is a Lawyer. Professor Siglitz, took Meles's lies without verifying them.

You asked: "Are you familiar with the restructuring of the federal bureaucracy in Ethiopia, can you explain some of the drawbacks." It is bad for economic development. It increases what economists call transaction cost the most important element for development.

You asked: "How do you links ethnic minority as economic growth or lack-off it in Ethiopia." This is a stupid question. Now you sound like Hagere Ethiopia. No substance, just hodge podge.

You asked: "Why IMF and World Bank continue supporting Ethiopia under Article IV and Poverty Reduction Program despite strict conditionality." IMF and World Bank support poverty reduction policies throughout Africa, with no exception.

You said "I am also awaiting your debate about Article 39." I challenged Dr. Ibrahim, but he ducked the challenge. The last time he debated with me he swore that he would not mention the term Amhara in a negative sense. I have great respect for him. I have not seen him use the term Amhara in a negative way.
I wish I can debate with you, but as a matter of principle, I do not debate with morons. Sorry.

Mamo Qilo

You are bunch of morons! Let me tell you who I am. Well I'm every body on this message board. You all are so idiots evenif I tell you my secrets, you won't get it. Look stupid! I have twenty five screen names. I have not used ten of them yet. This how I do it. First, I write my self( Mamo Qilo) on any topic and I turn around to respond using my other screen name with full of errors and clumsy writing. Then I use Mamo Qilo to correct the faulty writing and look more intelligent than the other one. Do you think Hagere is some body else? You may think so, stupid! But it is me. I will list some of them if you get it. Kefyalew, Hagere, Ibrahim, G/s, Atalo, ????,Tariku, Tesema, Selam, I forgot I will put the rest out soon. Stay tuned for more analysis...drink pepsi while you wait. It tastes better than coke.
Mamo Qilo.

HAILU SHAWL'S INTERVIEW IS A LOST CASE.

Mamo Qilo,you realy are Qilo and waste of brain cells.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

This is crazy. I mean really crazy. What's wrong with Mamo qilo? You seem intellegent but you are really really sick in the head. you need help man!

Email: motleweyane@hotmail.com

Mr.Qilo,

I know Eth’s GDP has dropped to $110.00 and you gave three reasons. 1.EPDRF bad economic policy 2.Lack of functioning democracy and 3. Government by arm looters. Nevertheless, I was hoping you would have should have elaborated further behind the figures such as population growth, lack of integrated and diversified macro economic policies other exegnous factors. You are impatience with analytical thinking. Your message contains quite a few whoppers and assertions that fall apart given a moment of serious thought. Nothing enlightening here but full of generic phrases, awkward combination of facts and figures.

You completely dismissed the issue of ethnic minority who are close or part of EPDRF who accumulated massive and shocking amount of wealth in the capital in the last few years, resulting open resentment in Addis.

On Article 39, I was hoping you debate with Ibrahim or with yourself to highlight on the tension between “self determination, sovereignty and territorial integrity”. The applicability of self determination to no colonial situation, its viability on economic and political condition, order and stability.

Keep it up!

Re: Hagere Ethiopia is NOT Mamo Qilo

Hey hey Mamo Qilo, you are number one QIL. All of you on this board please note Hagere Ethiopia is NOT, NOT AT ALL mamo qilo. Mamo Qilo is known from the start that he is here to disseminate confusion. I have truly made him worthless and now he wants to get some acceptance by pretending that he is HAGERE ETHIOPIA. He is NOT Hagere Ethiopia, but he could be all the rest. Dear brothers, I live in Ethiopia and the time difference has made it for me impossible to participate in the debate at a time you guys are active. This guy Mamo Qilo is one of the stupid Weyanes. Please ignore him. I don't really know what he benefits from such childish game. HE IS A NUMBER ONE NUT.

Hager Ethiopia calls HAILU SHAWEL the HONORABLE.Good,let me ask youh here.How is it possible to call him THE HONORABLE?Do you think his intentions and deads are honorable?Do you also think he is guided by democratic principles?Pleas graspe the followings. 1.Hailu Shawel in his mother party,AEUP >He is known by his manipulation of position and control over finance and administration to sideline others. >He does not care to dismiss members out of party rules and regulations. >He does not accept criticism. >He opts for dependency to hid behind others. >All in all he is known by his dictatorial attitudes. 2.HAILU SHAWEL in the outside world >He condemns the rights of people as they donot give any chance for the revival of the DERGE regime. >HE has deep rooted hatred to the people of TIGRAY. >He hassled the WEST about cancelling ETHIOPIA from the list of countries qualified fo debt relief.etc,etc,.... 3CONCLUSION-The inside and outside of HAILU converge on the followings. >chauvinism >undemocratic principles >hatred to all peoples of nations and nationalities >lack of imagination,insight,confidence,etc >sense of dependence >stupidity,etc,... 4.TIP Hailu is not a man as he does not understand issues people give high attention.He simply reacts to anything as it comes.Hence I call him A HUGE OX,DONKEY which lacks human intelligence.His sense,values and deads are on par with a HUGE DONKEY.Hence you who show human respect to a donkey belong to the same breed.

Yeberet Qolo,

What I have posted on this thread is the first message. The rest is by an imposter. So I ask that you be smart enough to know what a poor imatation is compared to the real thing.

Mamo Qilo

Hey hey Mamo Qilo, you are number one QIL. All of you on this board please note Hagere Ethiopia is NOT, NOT AT ALL mamo qilo. Mamo Qilo is known from the start that he is here to disseminate confusion. I have truly made him worthless and now he wants to get some acceptance by pretending that he is HAGERE ETHIOPIA. He is NOT Hagere Ethiopia, but he could be all the rest. Dear brothers, I live in Ethiopia and the time difference has made it for me impossible to participate in the debate at a time you guys are active. This guy Mamo Qilo is one of the stupid Weyanes. Please ignore him. I don't really know what he benefits from such childish game. HE IS A NUMBER ONE NUT.

Dear Hagere Ethiopia,
It was with disbelief and shock I learned this MORON par excellence the so called Mamo Qilo shamelessly claimed to be Hagere Ethiopia. We all understand a stupid guy like him can never ever be Hagere Ethiopia. You are doing a great job by exposing such vultures who are intentionally disturbing this forum meant to exchange news and views. I appeal to the moderator to do something about it. Dear Hagere, I assure you with a hundred and one percent precision that no one here will believe this psychpatic lier and stupid impster

Email: gmedhane@yahoo.com

Hey hey Mamo Qilo, you are number one QIL. All of you on this board please note Hagere Ethiopia is NOT, NOT AT ALL mamo qilo. Mamo Qilo is known from the start that he is here to disseminate confusion. I have truly made him worthless and now he wants to get some acceptance by pretending that he is HAGERE ETHIOPIA. He is NOT Hagere Ethiopia, but he could be all the rest. Dear brothers, I live in Ethiopia and the time difference has made it for me impossible to participate in the debate at a time you guys are active. This guy Mamo Qilo is one of the stupid Weyanes. Please ignore him. I don't really know what he benefits from such childish game. HE IS A FIRST CLASS NUT.

Hagere Ethiopia aka Goitom Berehane,

It is fine if you pat your shoulder once in a while. But try to be discrete. You posted the above two messages within 3 minutes of each other. Meanwhile drink Pepsi and give Goitom Berehane a sip, too. I love you man. I know I have damaged your ego and bruised your soul. But I have asked for a sincere apology and for your kind forgiveness.

My brother, my love, please drink Pepsi. It is good both for perspiration and inspiration!

Mamo Qilo

Hagere ethiopia

Why do you post the same message again & again?

Trod On,

Hagere Ethiopia and Gebre Selassie are two computer program I wrote. Hagere Ethiopia is programmed to write one reply for all messgaes and post it at the end of each and every discussion thread. I must admit that there was a glich in my program and he seems to miss some discussion forums.

G/S is programmed to scavange articles from the internet and bring it to ER. Let me know if you wish me to revise my codes. What do you want me to make them do.

Mamo Qilo

Dear all, Sorry I have sinned again. I sometimes get drunk ans scribble all kinds of rubbish. I won't do it again. Forgive me...Honestly speaking, I'm a programme written by Gebreselassie to confuse this forum.
I'm eating my usual burger...poor lonely soul.

Dear Hagere Ethiopia,
It was with disbelief and shock I learned this MORON par excellence the so called Mamo Qilo shamelessly claimed to be Hagere Ethiopia. We all understand a stupid guy like him can never ever be Hagere Ethiopia. You are doing a great job by exposing such vultures who are intentionally disturbing this forum meant to exchange news and views. I appeal to the moderator to do something about it. Dear Hagere, I assure you with a hundred and one percent precision that no one here will believe this psychopathic lier and stupid impster

Dear Hagere Ethiopia,
This nut, so called Mamo Qilo, is one who suffers from recognition hunger. It is psychologically proved that a person who grows up in a diificult circumstances subconsciously blame themselvesb and feel unworthy. For he feels unworthy, he tried to feign another person. Such mental disorder arises from leading PARALLEL lives, an external life that takes its natural course and an internal life where the secrets are hidden. Mamo Qilo, when he was a child, his outside life could be filled with friends and fun, but his internal life was full of uncertainity, anger, and a dread of ever looming violence. A drunkard father and a ***** mother can never ever get the chance to raise a decent boy. The result in such cases is a run of mill like MAMO QILO. It is a PITY!!!!Everything what we do here on this forum is not important for Mamo Qilo. He is determined to spoil everything. It is ONLy for him so much dog dripping because he is at root NOT intellectual, not conceptual about the actual. He is NOT even smart or witty. He is like a man with severe brain disorder.

Email: gwaka@yahoo.com

Leave me alone!I've every right to say what I want to say. The reason that I want to advise Hailu Shawl is because I am pretty certain that I am much more intelligent than him or anyone.Look at the way I write. It is envy that burns you all.
I'll never change my screen name because I'm a fighter not a quitter....Sorry!

Mamo Qilo, do you have anything say as to why most people on this forum have yahoo email account.

Yeberet Doro,

I do not know, but I would assume for the same reason that you have hotmail address.

Regards,

Mamo Qilo

No Chance to drag people away from their agendas

All opposition parties big or small have already emerged as a political trend different from EPRDF. This so happened because there is no essential difference amongst themselves. We can confidently say that it is a trend that the difference between them in their attitude towards the peoples causes is insignificant. They are varieties of chauvinism, narrow nationalism, backwardness and whatever we may have in mind. There is no opposition party which does not use the noble terms such as unity democracy, federalism, etc as its name. But most of the leaders of opposition parties have been activists in the Derge regime in different positions like red terror designers, executers, propagandists and so on and so forth. As this is an obvious fact, it would be wise to raise some question. Why is it that such people call themselves democrats, forces of unity, federalists, etc? What is it that is motivating them to noisy pretension?

It is quite obvious that the cause of such pretension are multifaceted. Firstly the collapse of the Derge regime occurred as a result of unreserved support of the people of all nations and nationalities to EPRDF which always have correct solutions to issues such as forcible union, lack of good governance, poverty, ignorance etc. Secondly peace democracy and development are popular issues all over the world.

Some philistine intellectuals argue that oppositions can be distinguished from EPRDF by “unity” and “democracy” because they have made “unity”, and “democracy”, quite a name for themselves in the political arena. But such an argument is full of absurdity as it does not base itself on facts on the open ground. No one, except those who are philistines, opportunists traitors and confused, can take such naming genuine because we very much know form the history of people struggle in our country how much various parties in their different stages of life tried to assume “democratic” hues which they thought would help them to hide their true nature from the people.

It would be wise to expect only the conscious elements of the people in each national regions and positive thinking Ethiopians in the Diaspora to appreciate the truth that EPRDF made great sacrifices for the sake of the interests of all peoples. But there is no wide source form which the younger generation could derive unwavering conviction and devotion that the armed struggle and the preceding strikes in the early stage of that disgraceful regime for the causes of the people was developing. Government Media are almost completely inactive in spreading democratic ideas and developing democratic spirits among the younger generation. Schools are not properly functioning in influencing the youths’ characters in democratic contents and forms. On the contrary the private press is dominant in creating and disseminating opinions completely antagonistic to the interests of the people in general and to the youth in particular. There is widespread illusion on every issue that determines the national interests of the country. As a result of all these factors the noble struggle for genuine unity and democracy has come to appear to many youths an adventurist sacrifice for the sack of an abstract and dubious hope of something that does not have any connection with our present day interests.

However the popular struggle led by EPRDF which may appear to some to be absurd has become and will continue to be a fact of life in our country. The leader ship of the oppositions, which the imaginative power of opportunist elements from among educated Ethiopians have pictured them as a friend of democracy and protectors of unity of all people, are savage beasts not worse than top derge officials who are in trial. No body will stand and stare until the voluntary union and democracy gained through heroic sacrifices are being spoiled in the hands of these beasts. The fact of the 13-year history of our country demonstrates to all opportunists and traitors inside and outside that the transformation of the armed struggle into peaceful and democratic struggle is not an adventurist venture but a necessity as there is no other alternative. The democratization process has already developed to a stage where it could never be reversed.

During recent years we have witnessed facts that signify a most momentous turning point in our history. The democratization process is progressing ahead in an unprecedent pace. The government has been taking every measure to make democracy a day-to day activity. Not less than 25 million people have castled their votes in supporting and opposing competing parties. Our people have shown the world which way the country should progress. Democracy in our country is promising. The effort to wipe our abject poverty is also in the process of promising pace. All in all the government is very much busy in taking every measure necessary to enable the people benefit from the federal democratic system. All measures in relation to democracy and economic development have already raised the hope of the majority of the people. It is on the basis of these living facts that EPRDF will continue to lead the people forward.

The above mentioned facts are compelling opposition parties in spite of their hatred to national identity and democratization. The strong will of the people for genuine unity, democracy and development has compelled the oppositions to be covered by the names unity, democracy, etc. They are forced to speak out what their true nature does not permit them. They pretend to be experts on all issues they dislike most.

One could rightly ask a question. Why do oppositions make such a dubious claim of ownership while they are arch enemies of unity, democracy, and development? They know the reality in Ethiopia. They very often go to Europe, cross the Atlantic and spend some time in the US and Canada. If not very often they pay visit to East Europe, Far East and Australia. Wherever they go they see people screaming for democracy, good governance, and development and so on and so forth. Therefore we can simply conclude that the oppositions think the noble words which people scream for every where to be a universal panacea to hide themselves.

One good morning the leaders of oppositions woke suddenly and spun coins in the air to decide which approach to follow. The result was true democracy because this is what people are looking for. It was as a result of this endeavour oppositions decided to have some sort of faith in “unity” and “democracy”. Therefore one should not be cheated by the change of color. We vary much know guys like Negede Gobeze, Mesfin W/mariam, Hailu Shawel, Major Admasie. Failure to understand the neal nature of the oppositions’ leadership will inevitably lead to complete disintegration of the country as a whole.

Ethiopia is one of the poorest countries in the world. Its people are eager to lift themselves form the swamp of abject poverty. They have been deprived of democracy at least for a century. Owing to the economic condition of the county and their condition of life they are in urgent need of fast change in terms of poverty reduction, establishment of good governance and strengthening of the voluntary union. These problems are age-old problems. They could not be eradicated overnight or in a very short period of time. But the urgency on the part of the people could make them to be less able to fully appreciate the efforts made so far. This is why some people especially in urban areas even cherish the pretension that oppositions hold solutions better than that of EPRDF.

Recently a steering committee formed to salvage the All Ethiopians’ unity party (AEUP) have exposed to the public the hidden nature of the party’s top level leadership members including the party’s head Ato Hailu Shawel. According the information made public such people have manipulated their key positions and control over the party’s finance and administration to have sidelined the other top level members. They have gone far to the extent of dismissing members in decision out of the party’s rules and regulations and for their critiasms of the undemocratic moves with in the party. The dictatorial attitudes entrenched in the party could not be hidden. The internal situation in the party is a clear manifestation of the anti-democratic characteristic feature of the party in general and the system of leadership in particular. The same is true about other parties that have formed CUD and UEDF. Now it would be wise to raise one question. What would happen if guys like Hailu Shawel get the opportunity to turn the wheel of power at regional and federal levels? Ethiopia would not pass even one good night. Therefore we have to say this. Thanks to the people of Ethiopia! Ethiopia is saved, we all are saved at least for the coming 5 years.

No Chance to drag people away from their agendas

All opposition parties big or small have already emerged as a political trend different from EPRDF. This so happened because there is no essential difference amongst themselves. We can confidently say that it is a trend that the difference between them in their attitude towards the peoples causes is insignificant. They are varieties of chauvinism, narrow nationalism, backwardness and whatever we may have in mind. There is no opposition party which does not use the noble terms such as unity democracy, federalism, etc as its name. But most of the leaders of opposition parties have been activists in the Derge regime in different positions like red terror designers, executers, propagandists and so on and so forth. As this is an obvious fact, it would be wise to raise some question. Why is it that such people call themselves democrats, forces of unity, federalists, etc? What is it that is motivating them to noisy pretension?

It is quite obvious that the cause of such pretension are multifaceted. Firstly the collapse of the Derge regime occurred as a result of unreserved support of the people of all nations and nationalities to EPRDF which always have correct solutions to issues such as forcible union, lack of good governance, poverty, ignorance etc. Secondly peace democracy and development are popular issues all over the world.

Some philistine intellectuals argue that oppositions can be distinguished from EPRDF by “unity” and “democracy” because they have made “unity”, and “democracy”, quite a name for themselves in the political arena. But such an argument is full of absurdity as it does not base itself on facts on the open ground. No one, except those who are philistines, opportunists traitors and confused, can take such naming genuine because we very much know form the history of people struggle in our country how much various parties in their different stages of life tried to assume “democratic” hues which they thought would help them to hide their true nature from the people.

It would be wise to expect only the conscious elements of the people in each national regions and positive thinking Ethiopians in the Diaspora to appreciate the truth that EPRDF made great sacrifices for the sake of the interests of all peoples. But there is no wide source form which the younger generation could derive unwavering conviction and devotion that the armed struggle and the preceding strikes in the early stage of that disgraceful regime for the causes of the people was developing. Government Media are almost completely inactive in spreading democratic ideas and developing democratic spirits among the younger generation. Schools are not properly functioning in influencing the youths’ characters in democratic contents and forms. On the contrary the private press is dominant in creating and disseminating opinions completely antagonistic to the interests of the people in general and to the youth in particular. There is widespread illusion on every issue that determines the national interests of the country. As a result of all these factors the noble struggle for genuine unity and democracy has come to appear to many youths an adventurist sacrifice for the sack of an abstract and dubious hope of something that does not have any connection with our present day interests.

However the popular struggle led by EPRDF which may appear to some to be absurd has become and will continue to be a fact of life in our country. The leader ship of the oppositions, which the imaginative power of opportunist elements from among educated Ethiopians have pictured them as a friend of democracy and protectors of unity of all people, are savage beasts not worse than top derge officials who are in trial. No body will stand and stare until the voluntary union and democracy gained through heroic sacrifices are being spoiled in the hands of these beasts. The fact of the 13-year history of our country demonstrates to all opportunists and traitors inside and outside that the transformation of the armed struggle into peaceful and democratic struggle is not an adventurist venture but a necessity as there is no other alternative. The democratization process has already developed to a stage where it could never be reversed.

During recent years we have witnessed facts that signify a most momentous turning point in our history. The democratization process is progressing ahead in an unprecedent pace. The government has been taking every measure to make democracy a day-to day activity. Not less than 25 million people have castled their votes in supporting and opposing competing parties. Our people have shown the world which way the country should progress. Democracy in our country is promising. The effort to wipe our abject poverty is also in the process of promising pace. All in all the government is very much busy in taking every measure necessary to enable the people benefit from the federal democratic system. All measures in relation to democracy and economic development have already raised the hope of the majority of the people. It is on the basis of these living facts that EPRDF will continue to lead the people forward.

The above mentioned facts are compelling opposition parties in spite of their hatred to national identity and democratization. The strong will of the people for genuine unity, democracy and development has compelled the oppositions to be covered by the names unity, democracy, etc. They are forced to speak out what their true nature does not permit them. They pretend to be experts on all issues they dislike most.

One could rightly ask a question. Why do oppositions make such a dubious claim of ownership while they are arch enemies of unity, democracy, and development? They know the reality in Ethiopia. They very often go to Europe, cross the Atlantic and spend some time in the US and Canada. If not very often they pay visit to East Europe, Far East and Australia. Wherever they go they see people screaming for democracy, good governance, and development and so on and so forth. Therefore we can simply conclude that the oppositions think the noble words which people scream for every where to be a universal panacea to hide themselves.

One good morning the leaders of oppositions woke suddenly and spun coins in the air to decide which approach to follow. The result was true democracy because this is what people are looking for. It was as a result of this endeavour oppositions decided to have some sort of faith in “unity” and “democracy”. Therefore one should not be cheated by the change of color. We vary much know guys like Negede Gobeze, Mesfin W/mariam, Hailu Shawel, Major Admasie. Failure to understand the neal nature of the oppositions’ leadership will inevitably lead to complete disintegration of the country as a whole.

Ethiopia is one of the poorest countries in the world. Its people are eager to lift themselves form the swamp of abject poverty. They have been deprived of democracy at least for a century. Owing to the economic condition of the county and their condition of life they are in urgent need of fast change in terms of poverty reduction, establishment of good governance and strengthening of the voluntary union. These problems are age-old problems. They could not be eradicated overnight or in a very short period of time. But the urgency on the part of the people could make them to be less able to fully appreciate the efforts made so far. This is why some people especially in urban areas even cherish the pretension that oppositions hold solutions better than that of EPRDF.

Recently a steering committee formed to salvage the All Ethiopians’ unity party (AEUP) have exposed to the public the hidden nature of the party’s top level leadership members including the party’s head Ato Hailu Shawel. According the information made public such people have manipulated their key positions and control over the party’s finance and administration to have sidelined the other top level members. They have gone far to the extent of dismissing members in decision out of the party’s rules and regulations and for their critiasms of the undemocratic moves with in the party. The dictatorial attitudes entrenched in the party could not be hidden. The internal situation in the party is a clear manifestation of the anti-democratic characteristic feature of the party in general and the system of leadership in particular. The same is true about other parties that have formed CUD and UEDF. Now it would be wise to raise one question. What would happen if guys like Hailu Shawel get the opportunity to turn the wheel of power at regional and federal levels? Ethiopia would not pass even one good night. Therefore we have to say this. Thanks to the people of Ethiopia! Ethiopia is saved, we all are saved at least for the coming 5 years.

Sorry for the above article. I was paid by Weyane...the money wasn't enough. So I have changed my mind!My real name is Goitom.

Two things CUD And UEDF can never do

Self determination up to secession and the port issue have made serious pain in the heads of CUD and UEDF. Lets examine how these parties have decided to restore their sick heads to health

They are committed to cancel self-determination form the costiution what does these mean to the people of nation and nationalities?

· The right which they have gained through heroic scarifies would be denied these would happen when CUD and UEDF step up to power
· National regions would be dismantled us they are not to have jurisdiction over all issues that are respected in the constitution
· Federal system would be out dated
· The constitution will be replaced by CUD manifesto
· Basic political economic etc issues which determent the fate of the people would be reserved for the central power in which Dr. Negede Gobeze is suppose to be a figure head

How are CUD & UEDF prepared to handle the other headache, the port issue?
· The Eritrean people would be deprived of their independence
· Independent Eritrea would be disorganized just to extend the present day territory of Ethiopia asfra as red sea
· The people of Eritrea are to be organized into integral part of Ethiopia ands are as much to form part and parsel of the “the new Ethiopian state”
· All their political, economic etc issues would get solutions from the central power in Addis Ababa

According to CUD and UEDF the right of nations as well as the port issue is hinering progress. The above stated measured, as they thick would give lasting solutions. As a result the headache they have been suffering from would be removed once and for all. Allah!

The problems the have created in their minds and the subsequent solutions they designed have no connection what so ever with the interests of the people of Ethiopia and Eritrea. Any effort to thick and practically cancel the right of nations from the constitution is nothing, but denial of national identity the solution anticipated serves to aggravate by creating a situation which favors the distraction of the already established unity on voluntary basis it fosters segregation of the people according to denial of national identity and intensifies friction among various people of nations and nationalities. The same is true for the people of Eritrea.

Let raise one question to CUD and UEDF. Would it be possible for you to create a situation in which the old system revives?

With regard to national question, the people waged armed struggle against forcible union. They fought hard to separate them selves from the chauvinist system. They succeeded under the leader ship of EPRDF the chauvinist poetical power over through and EPRDF on Genbot 20, 1983. Few days earlier the people of Eritrea won the war for independence against colonial operation. During the last b13 years significant changes have taken place in Ethiopia bringing all nations and nationalities closer poetically economically etc. EPRDF have mad sure that every nation can live in friendly manner with other nations. People are enjoying democracy which they have been fighting for no nation has the intention to secede. The federal system does not favor the distruction of union of nations on voluntary basis. Therefore the issue of secession is a matter of chauvinist and narrow nationalist dispute. It excises no body except the dirge remnants, narrow nationalist, opportunist and traitors in side and in the Diaspora.

As this is the case there is no easy and simple remedy for CUD and UEDF headache. What is thought as treatment actually aggravates the problem?

Of course, practical solutions for all problems created by all options are very much required. In this regard the people have declared their decided rejection to any method of “solving” the national question and the port issue which has its origin to derg and Haileslase CUD & UEDF have in mind the easiest method of referring to the previous regime which has already failed to solve all people’s questions. Therefore my advise to you is don’t lose sight of namely the on going democratization process and speedy development which in the final analysis inevitably in your eternal grave

Bulcha, You are a man of contradictions....Anyway I have accepted your apologies. Don't blurt again even if weyane pays well. Please use your real name Hagos. Cheers

Dear Members:
While we are fighting on the abstract and theortical, issue Ehiopia is moving to the democratization and Meles Zenwi has lift the ban on the demonstrations.

HEADLINE: Ethiopia lifts ban imposed on demonstrations in Addis Ababa

SOURCE: UN Integrated Regional Information Network, Nairobi, in English 15 Jul 05

BODY:
Text of report by UN regional information network IRIN on 15 July

Addis Ababa, 15 July: Ethiopia has lifted a ban imposed on all demonstrations in the capital, Addis Ababa, in the aftermath of the disputed 15 May polls, officials said on Friday [15 July].

"An extension of the ban is unnecessary because things are calming down," government spokesman, Zemedkun Teckle, said. However, he added, any group wanting to hold a demonstration should still apply to the authorities, otherwise it would be deemed illegal.

The leader of the main opposition Coalition for Unity and Democracy, Hailu Shawel said: "We have to tread very carefully at the moment, and think about what is our next step. At the moment we have no plans for any kind of demonstrations."

Prime Minister Meles Zenawi banned all public demonstrations in Addis Ababa for one month immediately after polls closed and put the security forces under his direct control. The ban was extended for another month on 13 June after violence erupted in the capital over alleged electoral fraud.

The ruling Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Democratic Front, which pledged itself to democratic reform claimed victory in the elections, based on provisional results. However, complaints are being investigated in 200 of the 547 constituencies.

A final tally was expected on 8 July but results from only 307 seats were announced. The outcome for 524 parliamentary seats will be announced in the coming days, officials said. Elections for the remaining 23 seats in the lower house will take place in August.

Meanwhile, a human rights group said at least 40 people were killed and 74 wounded by gunshots during the unrest that followed the elections: 38 died during the clashes in the capital on 8 June, while two members of opposition parties were killed in the provinces.

The executive secretary of the Ethiopian Human Rights Council, Adam Melaku, said the death toll might even be higher after demonstrators clashed with police last month.

"We believe there could be more casualties, but these were the only ones we could definitely confirm," he noted. "We believe 17 people are still missing although we don't know if they are dead or still being held."

Federal police were unavailable for comment on the rights group's claims. The authorities have clashed with the human rights body in the past, accusing them of bias.

LOAD-DATE: July 16, 2005

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Bulcha,

Your article revolves around fabricated stories. For example, you said, "Most of the leaders of opposition parties have been activists in the Derge regime in different positions like red terror designers, executers, propagandists and so on and so forth."

How come EPRDF did not put these people in Jail? EPRDF has claimed all the perpetrators of the red terror who are in the country are in jail awaiting their fate. Eirther you or your masters are lying.

The question you should ask your self is "if these people are what yu claimed they are how come they managed to get as many votes as they did. Do you thin the Ethiopian people prefer Old Mengistu's guards than your masters? Or is it that the Ethiopian people see them as democratic forces? Either way your story seems to collapse under its own weight of lies. What is unfortunate is that you spent all your time writing lies. Poor soul you sound desperate.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qito,

The reason I have my e-mail is to irritate weyanes, not to deceive fellow forum members.

Yeberet Qolo,

Thank you for giving us an excellent answer to your own not very bright question. Your answer is phenomenal.

Mamo Qilo

To Temesgen and Mano Qilu

Dear Temesgen, what goes wrong with my name Bulch? Why do you incline to Hagos? The moment you came across my article you conclude that Bulcha should be Hagos who is paid by woyane. Rather than focusing on the merits of ideas, you prefer to examine the national identity. If an idea pleases CUD and UEDF you fell pleasant. If not, you instantly conclude “It is wayane’s” and issue an order “Don’t blurt again … ”

Your reference is the guy in Zimbabwe (your old master). Whenever he faced any problem he tried to use woyane as a pretext. You as follower of your master in exile, when confronted with ideas that oppose to “the revival of the old” you don’t hesitate to pinpoint woyane as a source of problem to you. The idea you have about EPRDR as a problem to your interests is absolutely correct. The idea you remnants and supporters of the old, propagate about EPRDF is that EPRDF is exclusive Tigrayans. Provided Tigrayan revolutionary democrats continue to resist the revival of the old, your propagation does not create a serious problem because other revolutionary democrats from other nations continue on the same path. Nevertheless the idea that EPRDF is exclusive Tigrayan is unrealistic, stupid and racist as it is intended to make some sort of breach on the federal system which has maintained voluntary union on equal basis.

The next talk is with Mamo Qilu (Gilu) you said, “ EPRDF has claimed that the perpetrators of red terror who are in the country are in jail awaiting their fate”. You are using this to justify CUD and UEDF leaders who reside in the country are not perpetrators of red terror.

Ok, if you are consistent in your line of logic, you accept:-
Ø People like Negede Gobeze who don’t reside inside Ethiopia are red terror perpetrators
Ø Efforts made by EPRDF to put red terror perpetrators in jail deserves appreciation
Ø People like Mesfin W/mariam who gave witness in favour of red terror perpetrators who are in jail should be condemned for their high treason.
Ø If EPRDF do not claim some among the CUD and UEDF leadership as red terror perpetrators, they would only be criticized for being late.

As Temesgen said, “Don’t blurt again even if “you have deep hatred towards the people of Tigray, constitution, federal system, Eritrean independence. I advice you to control your internal pressure inside you which resists to listen to ideas contrary to CUD and UEDF. You don’t accept differences. I wonder how you read life with your wife (I consider you are married) I know you claim to be a “democrat”. Real democrats accept the existence of differences in all aspects of life. As you try to implement this advice I hope you would have some time to revive your consciousness which in the final analysis would lead you to make permanent departure from oppositions politics.

Bulcha,

Let me give you a lesson or two. First, what do you think of the Open Letter I sent to Meles on Bahalf of Gebreselassie? Second don't you argee that the tugs in Colorado did such a bad job on Gebreselassie. Now to your lesson: It would be nice if you open your mind. They say the mind is like a parachute it works better when it is opened. But, not to worry if you could not manage to open your mind. My logic will dril your scull and staff trove of knowledge in your mind. You would be enlightened at the end.

Bulch, you started with my argument that the likes of Merara Gudina, Hailu Shaul, Beyene Petros, Berhanu Nega are not red terror perpetrators. You then wrote:

"Ok, if you are consistent in your line of logic, you accept:- Ø People like Negede Gobeze who don’t reside inside Ethiopia are red terror perpetrators"

Who ever thought you logic has done you a misservice. You can sue her for mal practice. How in the world did you connect the two.

Then you wrote: "Efforts made by EPRDF to put red terror perpetrators in jail deserves appreciation"
Sure, but it means respecting the law and giving them the chance to defend themselves. Putting anyone in prison for 15 years without a day in court is as criminal as the crime that the prisoners are accused of.

A moron that you are, you continued to write: "People like Mesfin W/mariam who gave witness in favour of red terror perpetrators who are in jail should be condemned for their high treason."

You need to read about the law and the meaning of high treason? It serves you no good to thrw words that yu do not understand.

I laughed when I read the following: "If EPRDF do not claim some among the CUD and UEDF leadership as red terror perpetrators, they would only be criticized for being late." Now this is what I have heard from some of the TPLF operatives. That some of those who won in this election are red-terror perpetrators and they should be thrown in jail.

And at the end, what do you think of my open letter to Meles that I drafted and sent on behalf of Gebreselassie.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qilo:
Please take your morning tablet. How come I am Hagere Ethiopia? Actually, I wish I am. And yet I love my individual identity. Please don't changer my gender atleast. Yante neger min tesnot silehonk you may say I can do it. "The know all" Mamo Qilo concentrate on the message. It is immaterial whoever posted the message. You admitted you have 25 screen names. I don't care about that. You can have 100+. Nevertheless, I assure you I am NOT Hgere Ethiopia
Email: hrobert@yahoo.com

Dear Mamo Qilu( GILU ) to my understanding you are the worst if not the best representative of CUD & UEDF on this form. Pleas covey this message to the two heads, Hailu Shawol and Merara Gudina and through them to all party members

CUD & UEDF must call themselves the Coalition For the Revival of the old (CRO) or the United Ethiopians Forces for the Revival of the old (UEFRO)

Argument 1

They very often though covertly reiterate that they are the best representative of Dr.Negede Gobeze and that they take as there basis the book written by him. As clearly known the book has not been distorted and betrayed by all of you on the basic issues like: -
1. The constitutions should be changed
2. Insurrection as a means to overthrow democratically elected government

UEDF is a force in which people like Merara and Beyene Petros who have already decided to sell their identity to chauvinism have gathered. Such a betrayal makes them active members of coalition for the revival the old

Therefore the name CUD and UEDF is absolutely wrong as top official of the parties have declared, “ Tigrrians should be driven out.” They are about to establish a political system, which does not know voluntary union on equal basis.

Argument 2

The two parties look “farther ” ahead Independent Eritrea must involve into part of Ethiopia Upon the banner of which is inscribed the motto “ We all fight until one man remains. “ I hope you don’t forget the man who initiated this motto could not live up to the expectation of Dr. Hailun Araya (I have the video I can send you) you know Hailu was the one who strongly insisted your comrade Mengestu not to go any where. Any way if you have the gut to make Mengestu fill “ young ” again try your best if and only if possible.

I think you feel at ease now.

Alibe Derche

Bulcha,

You said "Ethiopia before 1991 is essentially different from what it has been thereafter. Before 1991 it was a country, which got its very existence by means of denial of national identities of various people. There was not mutual cooperation of nations with equal rights."

Mengistu is the one who started the study of Ethiopian nationalities through a commision called
"BEHERE and BEHERESEBOCH commision" not EPDRF. EPDRF at the begining were litrarly opposed by many including OROMOS and southern people when they carved
the map so fast that they left major holes in a lot
of regions. We later learned that they were using ethinicity to divide and rule. I remember watching a 1992 video from southern Ethiopia when EPDRF official goes arround and tells people that they will have their own adminstration, if it was not for the wise leadership of Beyene Petros and Fetawrae Mekonen Duri
a major war would have errupted among different tribes. EPDRF has access to all regions through Tigreans born in those regions but no one Oromos can not go and work in a southern region and Vice versal. I think the current system was implemented with out an indepth study and negotiation among nationalities there is much more improvement needed. Therefore, one can say unlike what you said there is still no mutual cooperation of nations with equal rights."

you said "Beyond your control, the solution was put into practice with full scale when all people came up with the constitution, which has assured full guarantee to voluntary union. However this could not be the end of the world. The obstacles inherited are not yet completely eradicated. Thirteen years are not enough to eradicate them. "

How long are we going to wait, in 14 year you can
turn a baby into a teenager. EPDRF had their chance
this is the begining of their end.

Dear Ato Bulcha,

I must apologize and ask for your forgiveness. I noticed that you have two rather long messages addressed to me. Sir, I did not read them. Nor do I intend to read them. This does nto mean you should stop writing to me or stop responding to my messages. It only means, sir, I intend to ignore them, unless I am forced by Moderator. In that sense I suggest you check with the moderator. But the positive spin of it all is that with some luck others may read and respond to you. So, do not give up. With sincere apology and enormus respect to you, sir.

Mamo Qilo

Hagere Ethiopia and Hiwote Roberts are one and the same

Hagere Ethiopia is the same as Hiwote Roberts and Professor Waka.

on Jul 18th, 2005 at 5:58 AM Hagere Ethiopia posted a message using the screen name "Hagere Ethiopia" on the same day on Jul 18th, 2005 at 7:58 AM he posted the very same message from "Hiwote Roberts" screen name account. He forgot that he was using "Hiwot's" Screen name and signed it of as Hagere Ethiopia, including his own email address. Please see this under the disccussion thread "CUD's Double Whammy."

I use different screen names to annoy G/S. Hagere Ethiopia uses different screen name to praise how briliant Hagere Ethiopia is. I think moderator should warn him not to use different screen names to praise himslef.

He made the same mistake earlier when using Professor Wako's screen name. He signed it off as Hagere Ethiopia. Professor Waka, Hiwot Roberts and a host of others including the "ferengi" from Ethiopia with an Ethiopian girl friend were created to tell Hagere Ethiopia how grate he is.

Dr. Ibrahim, you said you are a lawyer, is it legal to tell a moron he is bright. There must be some law that prohibit this kind of crap? Is there not? VJ, what say you?

Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qilo:
Please take your morning tablet. How come I am Hagere Ethiopia? Actually, I wish I am. And yet I love my individual identity. Please don't changer my gender atleast. Yante neger min tesnot silehonk you may say I can do it. "The know all" Mamo Qilo concentrate on the message. It is immaterial whoever posted the message. You admitted you have 25 screen names. I don't care about that. You can have 100+. Nevertheless, I assure you I am NOT Hgere Ethiopia. Mamo QILO, it is NOT illegal to call a MORON like you by his name. MORON!!!!

Mamo QILO, Tariku Tessema, Ghost blah blah and many others are one and the same. This nut Mamop Qilo, a bed ridden, rotten and in a permanent vegetative state less than useless guy, tries to use us as play mates to somehow pass his boring days. For him each day is a replica of the other day. We are busy guys with a hell lot of work to do. Mamo Qilo, I was determined to ignore you, but you continued confusing this forum participants using different screen names. I am writing this message to straighten the record. You admitted that you use 25 screen names. I think it is more than that. I appeal to the MODERATOR to make such childish game impossible. His cheap method is called accusation in a mirror. This is one of the cheap weyane tricks. Weyane accuses all its opponents of being tribalist. In actual fact it is weyane itself which is a nasty backward tribalist. Mamo Qilo is using same method. I appeal to all of you here to ignore this less than useless MORON.

Hagere Ethiopia,

Answer one simple question. Why did you send a message from Hiwot Roberts account if you are not one and the same. Second, how come evry time you post something, she follows within 3o minutes. Supposedly you are in Addis and she is in the US. Third, why are you mad today?

Drink Pepsi. It is good both for perspiration and inspiration. Have you noticed that I am having fun with you and you are hyperventilating in front of your screen. Is it the heat from the screen or am I in control of your metabolism? It is OK to be mad, but the trick is not to show it in public.

Mamo Qilo

to dear VJ

Of course Mengistu, himself, had conducted the study on Ethiopian nationalities. He arrived at an amazing conclusion.” There is no nation called Amhara. Amhara is a name given to people who live on a highland” If you have a world map around, you can see highlands in different parts of the world. Can you conclude people inhabiting those areas are Amharas? I am sure you said, why not! You are caught here red handed as your reference is yours MENGISTU. You remember yours MESFIN WOLD MARIAM when he told a gathering in Amhara region. He said,” When you are asked what is your nationality, say I am a human being no Amhara.” By the way why did the study fail? Is it not because of the marathon run of MENGE as a result of the determined advance of EPRDF direct to ADDIS? Or do you have any other? Please come up with!!!

Dear, with regard the current system it is implemented after discussion among all people. Of course people like Dr.NEGEDE GOBEZE were not in the discussions as they were awaiting KERCHELE. I know when you say people; it is such guys who constitute your people. What a stupidity you are in!

You are unable to grasp by inherited problems. The inherited problems are chauvinist in content and form. Chauvinism has been in power for at least hundred years. It was the ruling idea in those years it had been infecting all parts of country. The fact that chauvinism cannot be eradicated in short perid of time can be seen in its existents in the form of CUD, UEDF and the likes. The democratization process currently under way is aimed at eradicating chauvinist thoughts and habits. Hence protracted peaceful and democratic struggle is essential to overcome back ward heritages. It may take us lengthy time in which we can turn babies into generations. The problem is you cannot grasp thorough analysis of a situation, as you are very much accustomed to politically naïve statements and speech from Mengestu, Mesfen, Hailu Shawel, Ledetu, Bedru, etc.

Belay,

You can argue with people Hagere Ethiopia. VJ is way out of your league. Bite what you can chew. Chew what you can swallow. Swallow what you can digest. Do not digest what you cannot pass out. Otherwise you would explode and spread waste all over the cyber space. This is my advice to you. VJ will decimate you and leave you on the cyber space . You may not mind, but we do not like ot see a road kill in hte cyber space. Let us keep it clean.

Mamo Qilo
submitted on behalf of
Gebre selassie Zemariam and
Hagere Ethiopia

Ethiopia before 1991 is essentially different from what it has been thereafter. Before 1991 it was a country, which got its very existence by means of denial of national identities of various people. There was not mutual cooperation of nations with equal rights. Colonial oppression on the people of Eritrea was there. For all these reasons, we had armed struggle to put in permanent grave the forcible forms of union of nations. The armed struggle was waged in light of the union of nations on the basis of voluntary union. In this respect it deserved appreciation as it has been creating the sprit of oneness among all peoples of oppressor and oppressed nations for the establishment of Ethiopia in new contents and forms.
The political program of the armed struggle waged by EPRDF succeeded in winning for it the unreserved sympathy and support of all people in their struggle against the obsolete and rotten political system. No one, except you renegades and remnants of that system, denies the fact that this support was the decisive factor in determining the victory achieved on Ginbot 20, 1984.
EPRDF ever since its inception has always a correct solution to the forcible union of people – the right of nations to decide their future by themselves. This was one of the guiding principles of the armed struggle and which created a great deal of havoc in the political system for which you still disgraceful respect. Beyond your control, the solution was put into practice with full scale when all people came up with the constitution, which has assured full guarantee to voluntary union. However this could not be the end of the world. The obstacles inherited are not yet completely eradicated. Thirteen years are not enough to eradicate them. The need is here to keep alive peaceful and democratic struggle deep into the future.
Chauvinism though wide spread and is dominant in urban areas. It is reinforced by main opposition party CUD and private press. As a result chauvinist spirit, attitude and thoughts are becoming more aggressive owing to the strengthening of the way of life in the form of Federal Republic and national administrative regions.
The ruling party is engaged in spreading healthy democratic spirit all over the country aiming at shortening the life span of all chauvinist as well as narrow nationalist movements. Every effort is underway to bring about the end of abject poverty. Peace and stability is maintained. The government is endeavoring to establish healthy relationship with neighboring countries. The diplomatic effort exerted by the government is gaining wide acceptance in most parts of the world. All these positive moves on the part of the government could not meet positive response from all oppositions. In fact no body expects any positive from them, as their real nature does not permit them. Owing to this fact, this time around they have made partnership against voluntary union of people, speedy development and sustainable peace. They are working hand in glove to keep alive national grievances and create the absence of full confidence of all people in the federal political system by characterizing the ruling party, EPRDF, as exclusive representative of Tigrean people. Such approach is crafted to satisfy one purpose – to create unwillingness in non-Tigrean people and to create a false sense of superiority in the people of Tigray. This purpose, if gains sympathy and support, undoubtedly serves to convert all national regions into arenas of unstoppable bloodshed. Needless to say, we can conclude the following. All oppositions are striving in vain to make the revival of the old system. On the contrary the democratization process and speedy development, which are underway don’t forgive the sins of the old system. Hence no retro gradation. Ethiopia does not deserve a ‘new’ government which is run by the blood thirsties such as Negede Gobeze, Mesfin Woldemariam, Major Admase, Hailu Shawel, Lidetu and their servants like Birhanu Nega.

To Mamo Qilu.I totally disagree with your reply to Bulch.Even if his ideas donot please you,you have to show us how challenge his ideas.If you come up with your argument,we will have a balanced discussion and benefit more.You know,it is through your discussion people who are on side line may come to make alliance either with you or Bulch.

to Belay and Bulcha
Most people react with emotional fever so stay calm and read. Mengistu is synonymous with the word ignoramus so I can not defend him but I mentioned him to show that miracle did not happen in 1991 and nationalities got self administration out of a blue moon. YOU are WRONG Mr.Belay or Bulcha the 14 provinces were changed to about 30 administrative regions under Mengistu and in some cases, again I said "in some cases” what Mengistu implemented made little more sense than EPDRF speedy implementation. MESFIN WOLD MARIAM was denying to himself that EPDRF was gaining momentum the same way EPDRF is denying all positive moves today by the Opposition which is bringing them to the end. The denial Mesfin was in reminded me of DONALD LEVIN’s writing about AMHARAS! MESIFIN was right they live in the highlands but let me thank Meles for once when he used the rest of DONALD LEVIN AMHARAS description in his first ADDRESS to in the ECA. “If you do not remember he described AMAHARAS HAT AND HUT to PROF. ASRAT who was trying to MIMIC MESFIN.”
You said “By the way why did the study fail? Is it not because of the marathon run of MENGE as a result of the determined advance of EPRDF direct to ADDIS? Or do you have any other? Please come up with!”
YOU are WRONG again the study was political by nature and omitted some aspects of the following.”
- If anything works it has to go along with the then communist ideology. Meles is smarter today so he will tell us bite but do not chew, chew but do not swallow,
swallow but do not digest, digest but do not defecate. Saying 14 years is not enough to study
implement and make balanced adjustment to the question of nationalities is a farce.
- Mengistu lied to Amharas that they just needed to Amend few things here and there, throw few words, elect some minorities to rule their area and restructure WPE. Meles is lying to Tigreans that there will be a genocide like Rwanda unless they support him he but also undeniably brought few people from all sides and created few good measures that you and your friends can twist arround and blow out of proportion.
- Mengistu underestimated the magnitude of the question of nationalities. Meles is also becoming overconfident he talks as if he can not trip, fall and crack his own head and pass away. He is disrgarding a lot of issues.
- People were fed up with mengistu and the war as well as the luck democracy and to live in fear. Well Meles should know better when dormant Ethiopians at home and arround the world show opposition with one voice
- And mengistu was using the EPDRF rebellion to stay in power. Melese is doing the same thing.

Don’t you see a similarity between Mengistu and Meles.

Dear, Belay or Bulcha You said “like Dr.NEGEDE GOBEZE were not in the discussions as they were awaiting KERCHELE..”
Meles killed so many in the last 14 years he should also wait in KERCHELE. Even in Tigray they are incriminating him for the death of many we should also wait and see.

You said” The inherited problems are chauvinist in content and form. Chauvinism has been in power for at least hundred years. …. The fact that chauvinism cannot be eradicated in short period of time can be seen in its existents in the form of CUD, UEDF and the likes. The democratization process currently under way is aimed at eradicating chauvinist thoughts and habits. “

There is only two inherited problems and that is to determine once for all how we can live together and the role of nations and federalized democracy mandated by a popular referendum free of any intimidation and any kind of undemocratic means. Second when AMHARAS chauvinism is being dealt with now we are watching the growth and embellishment of Tigrean chauvinism. What do you think should be done with that. That is why I call it together habesha(Hametic-Semetic) bravado that started with false SHEBA and SOLOMON HISTORY that belonged to another people from YEMEN to OMAN. You can not change people by force. Give them time and any idiot will learn.

You said Mimicking me “It may take us lengthy time in which we can turn babies into generations. The problem is you cannot grasp thorough analysis of a situation, as you are very much accustomed to politically naïve statements and speech from Mengestu, Mesfen, Hailu Shawel, Ledetu, Bedru, etc. “

MELES and his surrogates had there time 14 years in AMERICAN POLITICS IS 3 ½ terms. Today within that time you can turn MALI into south KOREA. Everything is jugded by the outcome and result. What else do you want the people to say about EPDRF except that they are miserable failure. They failed own people in Tigray with toture and iron rule and they failed the ETHIOPIAN people with UN politics about BADAME. They failed themselves when they started to amass the countries wealth using Mega and Wogagen INC. It is time for change. TA TA

Trod on!

These days we go to war get 100k killed, give-up Bedame and yet the leadership run agian for office. We are clueless.

Our leaders are making epic screw-up and yet they want to stay in the office.

Here is our enlightned African leaders

Dr Ibrahim and Geberselassie

Can you handle VJ? He is getting out of hand. He seems to poke many holes in your political canvas. You cannot even call him Chauvenist. This man is something. He is denying the tribal bandits (the armed looters) and their surrogates a hiding ground.

Ibrahim and Gebreselassie run and hide or challenge VJ.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo QILO, Tariku Tessema, Ghost blah blah and many others are one and the same. This nut Mamop Qilo, a bed ridden, rotten and in a permanent vegetative state less than useless guy, tries to use us as play mates to somehow pass his boring days. For him each day is a replica of the other day. We are busy guys with a hell lot of work to do. Mamo Qilo, I was determined to ignore you, but you continued confusing this forum participants using different screen names. I am writing this message to straighten the record. You admitted that you use 25 screen names. I think it is more than that. I appeal to the MODERATOR to make such childish game impossible. His cheap method is called accusation in a mirror. This is one of the cheap weyane tricks. Weyane accuses all its opponents of being tribalist. In actual fact it is weyane itself which is a nasty backward tribalist. Mamo Qilo is using same method. I appeal to all of you here to ignore this less than useless MORON.

Dear Mamo,

I am sorry cuz you asked Gebreselassie to challenge VJ. Don't you know G/S is a copy-paste machine? He has nothing in his mind.

Hagere Ethiopia,

What do you think of my proposal to have an Open Letter to G8 Leaders from Merara Gudina and Hailu Shaul? Thank you.

Mamo Qilo

Please, please do something! Hagere Ethiopia is severely hurt. You are the only thing in Hagere’s mind. What have you done to her/him?

Dear VJ-you said “Mengistu underestimated the magnitude of the question of nationalities”. Generally I agree with this comment. You have also accepted that there was the question of nationalities in Derge time. What do you think the solution would have been? Forcible union of nationalities should be rejected and self determination of nationalities respected to establish voluntary union on equal basis. Therefore your comment “ … nationalities got self determinant out of blue moon” is confusing. You don’t have coherent and consistent throught. This is definitely caused by your alliance with people like Hailushawel, etc.

One of the two inherited problems in your assessment is Tigraen chauvinism. How you arrived at the conclusion is amazing! “Meles is Tigrean. Therefore there is Tigrean chauvinism” This is what you have inside you. Let’s proceed. You assume Hailushawel the future PM. Then you will have Amhara chauvinism. Your focus is blood. You don’t mind to give serious consideration to thoughts and policies. Had you been lucky enough to give due consideration to thoughts, policies and strategies people pursue, you would have avoided blood. If we agree on this we jointly say “There is no Tigrean chauvinism as there is no national oppression. There is Amhara chauvinism over thrown from political power, but striving hard to come back by the efforts of Hailu shawel and co.” cheers!

Bulcha that name was supposed to be special southerner name.

Lets put things in perspective,
You asked "What do you think the solution would have been?" and said "Forcible union of nationalities should be rejected and self determination of nationalities respected to establish voluntary union on equal basis. Therefore your comment ” … nationalities got self determinant out of blue moon” is confusing. You don’t have coherent and consistent thought. This is definitely caused by your alliance with people like Hailushawel, etc."

You are not reading carefully. You mentioned in your first posting that EPDRF in 1991 created and made self administration. I said no that was not right Derg had done few things before that and made a fair amount of study and list them. When you posted as Belay and tried to trash and to put down Dergs study as Amhara highland blanket statement everything I agreed with you about derg but reminded you that EPDRF did not made a comprehensize research but implemented what derg studied but did not want to implement because of the reasons I mentioned above.

You accused me that I said "One of the two inherited problems in your assessment is Tigraen chauvinism. "
Bulcha or Belay you should read carefuly. I said Amahara chauvinism is being dealt with but asked you what to do with the new developing Tigrean chauvinism.
You said" You assume Hailushawel the future PM."
No Sir I am a member of UEDF and follow Beyene Petros and Merera Gudina and I am from the southern people. For now they have decided to work together with CUD so we will see.
THERE IS TIGREAN SYSTEMATIC CHAUVINISM BECAUSE EPDRF HAD APPOINTED people born in the regions but from TIGRAY PARENTS in every regional key administration. One example of Tigrean chauvinism for example is just in last march your EPDRF killed many ANGWAK people burned village in GAMBELA what do you call that?
Amharas might have learnt something so we are going to work with them for now and see.
You said "You don’t mind to give serious consideration to thoughts and policies. Had you been lucky enough to give due consideration to thoughts, policies and strategies people pursue, you would have avoided blood."
Yes, you are right I am an professional working for a multinational corporation. I am very busy to come up with political policies. I just read and ask “does policy make sense or is it a game?”
Listen Bulcha Tigrean were treated by Amharas better than the southern people. We gave EPDRF/ TPLF a chance because we taught that they would understand and respect us the way we appreciated your struggle. Unfortunately you failed us. It is time for a change.

VJ,

If Bulcha does not see the light after this, I would say Bulcha is Gebreselassie's cusin. I wish he was with G/S when the tugs in Colorado did a real bad job on G/S. WHo knows they may have done a better job on him.

Mam Qilo

Mamo Qilo
Mamule
etcs
What are you up to? I am a bit at a loss. This is a forum meant to debate on the future of our country. This is a forum meant to exchange news on current affairs and views on how our country should be administered. You write somethingly apparently somehow acceptable to me, and yet you flare up like a dangerous pet when someone better than you like Hagere Ethiopia writes something that in actual fact strenghens your stance. It is a bit confusing. The other thing is you complement each other excessively, maybe far greater than it is necessary. my advice to you guys is to stop bull****ting and try to contribute something. It is pointless to post contradictory messages under different screen names. Finally, I reiterate my well considered advice to you guys to be serious about what you write. We are NOT here for talent competition or oratorical contest. I advice you to refrain from posting garbages and praising yourself as though you are another Einstein is very rubbish and uncalled for.

Hiwote Roberts aka Hagre Ethiopia,

Let us all drink COCA COLA and be happy. In the spirit of mainitaining the unilateral truce I decalred I am now drinking Cocal COla instead of Pepsi. I hope you would accept me with open hands.

Mamo Qilo

Hagere Ethiopia, Stephen M. Schwebel,

What are you waiting for? Haven't you seen Hiwot Robert's reply. I thought you were supposed to say " Hiwot Robert:You are great! Keep it up!"

Mamulle:
You are boring!

Email: lyat@yahoo.com