Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Divided Ethiopia

Dear Readers,

For give my English as I am Italian. I have heard a lot of things about Ethiopia since I was a boy, some good and some not so good. The current political situation has thought me how divided you all are. Your hatred for one another is so great, if my country would want to invade you, can do so very easily. In crises like this, any country would pull together and solve the problem. The only thing I have been hearing so far is Tigrians thinking only Tigrai and Oromos thinking Oromos and your absolute hatred for the Amarah people. Do you people think the only solution is a divided Ethiopia? Adding new African countries to the list.

As a white man it is hard for to understand black peoples hatred for one another but you are good at complaining about what the white man had done. Help me to understand. In a time when different Europeans (different language, currency, religion and culture) are coming together, the only thing you people can do and achieve is your single mindedness and some of you are actually turning a blind eye of the killings in your capital city, just because you belong to the ruling ethnic group. If an European police officer even attacks a black person you all would probably join forces and cry about it.

City: Roma

Re: Divided Ethiopia

You Spagetii as..., fo....off! we kicked your Spagetti as..once. Do you more??
Come and we will show you.... we will kick your brown Spagetti as...as you have never seen. Go To Eritrean Web site. you have colonized them and tell your Spagetti history and teach them how to eat Mortodela. beacuse we also taught to them to eat Enjera. So, get the fo....out of here!!! you don't belon here. It's our politics, not yours.
you fo..en Italian as!
Fo..Italia

Dear Fo...Itali

What I am trying to mirror is that your division could only harm your country. Sorry if my message came across in a wrong way (English is not my first language). I am a great fan of your country and its independence. So many people in Italy respect you for it.

With all the problems your country faces, the last thing the world want to see is another civil war in Ethiopia.

My message is stop your division and work together.

Mario,
You have very good point - and observation. Please don't judge Ethiopians with this foul mouth person who reply to you. People like that do not deserver response...so ignore them. ETH folk (just like most people on earth) tend to belive only stuff that re-inforces what they already belive. And people seem to get lost in what they are saying vs what they should be listening. The bottom line is that the problem can only be resolved by Ethipopians, and it looks we are way too far from that. But I belive we are moving forward slowly but surely. The silent majority will start speaking - and we want to work hard to make our people live a better life. Melese and others will come and go they are just fads, we need to see beyound that....we will come together sooner than u think...

Email: mamo@yahoo.com

I am not saying anything.

Dear Ethiopian,

Thanks for your comment. I am well aware of our two countries history, trust me when I say I am only hear to understand you, that is just what I am trying to do. Your country fascinates me. What I don’t understand is people’s hatred for the Amarah people. I have travelled all over your beautiful country, I have to admit the best part of my stay was in the Amarah provinces. They are not as hostile as most of you portray them to be, they are poor good Christian farmers and most of all very friendly. Other ethnic group shouldn’t fear them but work with them. We all know they have politically dominated the country but you should all concentrate on the great contribution they have made to built this nation. Envied by most African countries.

When I was in Oromo province all I heard is the Amarah people did this and that. The same story in other provinces of the country. When a European man wants to go on holiday, what he needs is a holiday. By the time I got to Amarah provinces, I was a little weary about it because of all the horrible stories I heard from other ethnic groups. But what I have experienced had led me to write this to you. The Amarah people are the best part of Ethiopia. It is because, despite being the most victimised group currently, all they have offered me is friendship and goodness.

In Europe, you have the Germans, Italians, English, the French etc.. With our own dirty politics in the past. We all have moved on. We don’t say the Germans did this and that no, we use each others differences to built a stronger Europe, do you get my point.

Mario,
The bottom line is that all childrends of Ethiopia are one and the same. The current govt used the trick of tribalism to forward its own agenda. I think that has played itself out. As you have observed, they can no longer use that excuse. Most of our people, whatever thier ethinc group maybe, are dirt poor. And most people want to have decent life, nothing more. Then you have this politicians using the works type of politics in a country that needs this type of politics the list - tirbalism. Most ethipians were not their tribal identity until the last 14 years, unforturately the dirty trick may have worked becuase now every one took that sound bite and is running with it. We should only refer tourselves as Ethiopians period. Anyone who identify himself in anything else doesn't deserve any response. Or did not get it yet, but they will. We the silent majority have to start speaking up. We will come together and become the becon in Africa - no doubt in my mind.

FACT: There are 500,000 top notch Doctorys/Engineers/Lawayers leaving in all 4 corners of the world. They are waiting to come home and change this place like never seen before...

Caio Mario,

Is it true that during Italian occupation of Ethiopia Musolini was feeding his soldatos KOSO ( tapeworm) by mistakenly taking as pasta talatieli?

Do not leave the 50,000 thieves, tramps and sluts
out. Around the world waiting to return home.
with their 500,000 trick babies. How about that GIGI
America.

Email: Meles2inUSA@cs.com

City: USA

Mario = Mamo Qilo

Am I right?

Email: belayt01@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

He Isayas Jr. (aka meles2usa) Don't be soo bitter, we will unite you can bank on it, and watch you cry and beg....(you are the kind of reminder we all need, and why we should unite). Some in this forum maybe mis-informed ignorant, but you are the EVIL one and we can smell you. Good lord is doing rigt by you all, he is getting you screwed by your own saviour ;-) After 30 years of tagdelti, or whatever it is you call it....you are a pathetic bunch who danced and celebrated when kids in addis got shot recently, we know who you are we are watching you! You are inhuman so please stay on your side of the border...beyond Badem that is..

"Fo...Italiy",
I'm sure you are sincer, and you are big enough to say sorry when you are supposed to. Some folks at high places should learn from you. You are in the right side and we could tell. Preach unity, expose the eveil....peace. Lets focus the on the real work ahead - exterminate poverty! Peace.