Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advice

I have just returned from Ethiopia and it is very sad to see what is happening to the innocent people. Before the election there was hope and great expectation, only to turn in to a nightmare. It is obvious for the out side observers that the government is doing its best to stay in power.

I am writing this as a friend of Ethiopia. I know people expect Blair and Bush to come out and do something, but they won’t. We all know who ever rules this country their priority is stability in Ethiopia.

My advice to you is don’t expect the out side world to rescue you. If you want democracy you must fight for it yourself. And that is the democracy you will be proud of and cherish for generations to come.

Jonathan McCormick

Re: Advice

Dear Jonathan McCormick,
Thank you for your advice. The only thing Mr Bush and Mr Blair need in Ethiopia is the stability of
the country. They don't care who rules our country. They don't care whether it's a tyrant like Meles or a democrat like me.....I am hopless
God bless you
City bird

Re: Advice

Mr McCormick, it would be nice if foreign governments stop meddling in the affairs of Ethiopia and leave the country alone. Unfortunately, this is not the case. I must say they have been instrumental in sustaining the current fascist regime in power. The people have to fight against a government that is being armed and financed by foreign governments. Foreign governments support despotic regimes in Africa to sell arms. Look at Ethiopia, people do no have any thing to eat, but it has enough arms for 30 years. the rulers have accumulatd enough wealth in millions to last a generation.

What we ask the foreign governments is not to make our task to fight despotic tyrants harder by supporting them.