Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A DANGEROUS MACHINATIONS

I was in addis in late 1992.A very uncertain period in history.I recall the OLF was in Gulele,where it really enjoyed the undivided support of the oromo folks.I don't quite know how.But its' said that the ormoos wanted the statue of Minilik removed.Later I heard it was the OPDO who orchastrated a rally in mid addis to this effect.Guess what happened .the EPDM called on our amhara compatriots who readly rushed to the defence of eemye minilik.By now you might grasped the political game of the EPRDF.I actually watched from the platform of the church the statue of minlik being painted sliver for the first time in four decades.And standing there at that platform I smiled.Because I clearly saw the the motive i.e the political motive behind ...there is no one who hated minilik and what he stands for more than the EPRDF much more than the OLF.Got my point.
I was going through my computer couple of weeks ago.I heard the capital of oromia state been relocated to addis.I smiled again.because I see its' intention.And many of us don't.EPRDF's survival depends on Amhara-oromo rivalary /hate/suspecion/ill feelings/at worst scene scenario conflict.

bye

Email: benhadya2000@yahoo.com

City: Melbourne