Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gebreselassie nominates Meles for Nobel Prize

Even if the following is denied by Gebre...we all know that he wastes his time promoting and defending Meles Zenawi.

Gebreselassie Zemariam On Nigerian Discussion Forum

I read an interesting article by Gebreselassie Zemariam on the Nigerian Discussion forum trying to Nominate Meles for A Nobel Prize. The guy is going nuts. Here is the link followed by the text word for word):

(http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/forumfrmes2.html)

Dear Nigerian Friends,

I am coming to you with greetings from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I think it is about time that one of the most brilliant reformers of Africa, Prime Minister Meles Zenawi is nominated for a Nobel Prize for Peace.

As he has humbly told BBC, that though he is not behind the current drive to nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize, his record "speaks for itself". No one doubts that he is the new face for Africa.

I am sure you may have heard about the recent killings of violent demonstrators. But friends, the killing of 40 demonstrators should be balanced by what he has achieved for Ethiopia and for Africa. It is not without reason that Tony Blair calls him "a brilliant leader and a dear friend" Africa deserves to be recognized and no one other than the Prime Minister deserves this honor than Prime minister Meles. Before he came on the worl Political scene, African leaders were seen as corrupt and quick to use teir guns to stay n power. Meles has changed this prception and led the new breed of leaders in the world arena. Please support this initiative to nominate this great man for the highest prize. This is good not only for Ethiopia, but also for Nigeria.
Thank you

Gebreselassie Zemariam.

PS: My guess is that he would do the same on many African news forums.

Re: Gebreselassie nominates Meles for Nobel Prize

Mr. G Zemariam,

What you have started here is non-sense. Do you think a Nobel Prize should be given for a thug who kills and ethnically divides his own people? Do you think this prime minister of yours deserves this prize for being a smooth talker and a "chameleon" rather than a real leader? The real prize he deserves is to resign with dignity, if he still has one. Nominate Atse Tewoderos, a well known leader who tried to unite the Ethiopians to his last breath. They might consider giving him the medal even if he is dead for a long time. I hope you know his legacy.

God bless Ethiopia!

Email: lehagerandenet@yahoo.com

My fello Ethiopians,

Below is a reply I found for Mr. Zemariam's nomination on the Nigerian Discussion Forem web site. Martah, thanks for the info.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/forumfrmes2.html

Subject: Re: Let us Nominate Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia for Nobel Prize
In reply to: Gebreselassie Zemariam 's message, "Let us Nominate Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia for Nobel Prize" on 15:35:15 07/09/05 Sat

I am sorry to tell you that the Nobel Prize is for those who promote peace through a peaceful means. It si for thost who end terror and introduce peace. I was one of those who was fooled by your PM's charm. I believed, for a change Africa has new crop of leaders. I had believed in Meles as one such a leader. I gave up some 8 yeas ago. I must admit I talked quite a lot about him and the Eritrean fellow as examples of the future of Africa. Both turned out to be typical African leaders. Your PR just recently ordered the killing of innocent civilians, which you try to trivialize. My friend one innocent life is way to many to lose. Your prime Minister is one little monster. Please do not post anything on our forum. This is a Nigerial Forum to discuss Nigerian issues. Please go away an take your little dictator with you.

GZ, I think the above message speaks for itself. No more comments.

God bless Ethiopia!

Dear Gebre:
Do not pay atenttion to flying lies that will not have wing and swirled as "Chien fou" mad dog in the Western World.
Ethiopia is gone with the right direction and as Simon said in the recent election" These are the people brought by the wind of luck" he forgot to mention that they were brought by selfishness and greed satan.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Dear, Ibrahim Shirdon

Are you nominating Meles too? Birds of the same feather ...

God bless Ethiopia!

Gebre,

I wonder if you would add the olympic gold medal to the Nobel Prize if Melse had also murdered your mother in cold blood. Wouldn't that add more recognition to his notoriety? I can just see you celebrating with even more zeal and enthusiasm.

Date Posted: 16:08:44 07/10/05 Sun
Author: Ralph
Subject: Re: Let us Nominate Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia for Nobel Prize
In reply to: Okoye Awodolu Agunyego 's message, "Re: Let us Nominate Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia for Nobel Prize" on 19:29:41 07/09/05 Sat

Is this a joke? The whole world knows that this man murdered his own people,that he leads an ethnocentric state, with the media controlled by his government. He is also probably the first head of state to write to the United Nations to separate Eritrea from Ethiopia. He is quite a contrast to Lumumba, Nekrumah and Mandella who fought against the balkanization of Africa. He will take his place in history, without a doubt, on the side of Mobutu, Mois Chombe and other traitors to the African dream.

Dear Yehem Yalfal:
I have nominated the murder and fascist thugs such as Negede Gobeze to the Nobel Prize of Hell Fire.
They have killed many of my comrades in the struggle to better Ethiopia. The opportunist Yusef are mudding the struugle of EPRP and took a slippery slope. In 1974, Mesret Shiffarow, Wondemu Nega, Getachaw Dire, Fegade and Debesay have shaped the struggle of Ethiopian people and they killed by the bullet of the Negede and his like. Shame on you and you are still harboring and telling me they will bring democracy to Ethiopia.
The ironyof Ethiopian history is that Ethiopia is still in the same stage as it was 30 years.

Ibrahim,

Sir, I must admit that you come across more like a confused soul than an educated person. Sir, you wrote: "Ethiopia is still in the same stage as it was 30 years." I thought you were telling us that your master had changed Ethiopia for he better. If Ethiopia is where she was some 30 years ago, why are you, sir, worshiping Meles. You, sir, are an absolute moron. I can write a computer program that can function better than you do.

Mamo Qilo

Dear Brother Mamo,
The other settlers will be mad when I call you brother since you are a man of principle unlike the settlers who are just following when the wind of Negede group are blowing. I am hudred percent sure that they are only two decent people(Getahun and Mamo )in this Forum and I am hoping to see them in Ethiopia. We acan engage in civil and fritfull discussion. That is why, we want to be part of ethiopia. when they said that Ethiopian are Jawa, they msut have seen these two gentlemen and took a big brush and painted left and right which they missed the majority of this Forum(Rachel, Shuro, Lemlem, Jura).
AratKilo and Notice are full of arrogancy and still dreaming to be the chidlen of Mesafint.
To come back to my point, Meles is not better than Lumbuba, but he is better comparing to Nakruma; however, the reason that he is better than Mandela in this day is that Mandella said that in Africa we beat our wife because we love them. Meles will not dare to make those mistake and he will not lie as Mengestu said one time taht he will not kill an ant. Negede Gobeze graduates from the school of Meng and he is still in the mindset to maim innocent and poor people.
Today, while I was driving to my office,I was curious to listening Getachaw Haile and he was admiring the Derg that made him handicap.