Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mamo Qilo - A Short Biography

Yigermal,

You asked me what do I do other than working for Pepsi and Al Amoudi. I work for neither. Here is my short Bio.

I think may be one thing you did not know is that before I morphed into Mamo Qilo, I was Cyber Bully. I got and kept the name for two reasons. One, I was a computer hacker before some of the interesting characters on this forum learned how to boot a computer. I was one of the computer Geeks. MIT’s computer lab was my hangout. My hobby was to break passwords and enter into people’s emails. The only thing I did not do was break into people that I knew. I would break into people’s email accounts and send messages to their boyfriends or girl friends asking for an apology for cheating on them. I pick their email addresses from their in coming or outgoing boxes. It was fun. I was only 17 and I thought it was cool. I got busted and stopped doing that. The judge reprimanded me and gave me 6 months community service to teach underprivileged kids how to use computers. He also ordered me to write a letter of apology to all the people that I have violated. I did. He warned me not to even dream about using the community service to teach the students how to be become Cyber Bully like you. This is where I picked my nick name from. He told me that he would have given me a jail time if I were 18 or older. Of course, during the court proceedings I acted as immature, including chewing gums and picking my nose. That irritated the living hell out of the old judge. And I apologized for every infraction and contravention I allegedly committed. I asked for his understanding and forgiveness. I am very good at apologizing and asking for mercy. At one point he yelled at me to stop apologizing. I though it was fun pocking fun at a federal judge while acting totally innocent. I knew from my sister (who is a lawyer) that there is very little chance that I would be sent to jail. So I played and goofed around in court.

I graduated from high school at 15. I got an A in all course without much of an effort. I was one of those geeks. School was not a very exciting place for me. Actually it was boring. It was too structured. I never function well in a structured world. So college was out of question for me, despite my parents’ constant begging and continued effort to bribe me.

After I completed my community service, I got bored. I decided to menace Eritreans, legally. This led to the primary reason why I decided to use Cyber Bully as my screen name. With all the time in the world, I thought the only constructive thing I could do with my life was to engage myself in a destructive behavior by menacing Eritreans. But, this time I had to do it legally. So I took it upon myself to go on all African News groups and post damaging messages. For example, I would go to a Nigerian News group and post a message pretending that I am an Eritrean. I would post a message that would say “Eritrea is the best managed Economy. Nigeria is the most corrupt” In the body I would write “You Nigerians are giving us Africans a bad name. We Eritreans are trying to salvage the good image of Africa.” I did this almost on every African News Group. I told the Egyptians that Eritrea is leading the development effort in Africa, while the Egyptians are talking about mummies and pyramids. Eritreans are forward looking and you guys are stuck in the past, I told Egyptians on behalf of my Eritrean friends. I had all the time in the world. I did not have rent, or credit card payment. I used so many names, including, Mamo Qilo, Cyber Bully, Mutanataw Tebebew, Bolalew Rezeme, Yomer Ali, Ararso Feso, Michel Arnold, Bula Geberdin, Isayas Afeworki, Meles Zenawi, ets. I also used some of the Eritrean screen names as my own screen name and used it to discredit them. Many news groups started attacking Eritreans. All the counter efforts that Eritreans mounted did not succeed, because sometimes I will attack Mamo or Cyber Bully pretending I am a true Eritrean but plant an inflammatory line at the end. For example, I would say “what this Mamo Qilo ******* wrote about Eritrea being the leader of African renaissance may have some element of true, but his foul mouth is obscuring our achievement in such a short time.” It was fun thing to do.

I am now an old man. I am more seasoned. I now respect both the spirit and the letter of the law, though I am yet to see a law with a spirit. At the moment I have two jobs. One is driving a cab, part time usually when the rent stares at me. The other is I write term papers for rich students, for $300 a pop for up to 10 pages for undergrads. Believe it or not I write for grad students as well. I write primarily Political Science and history papers. I have gotten into European Integration (EU) of late. Those are areas that I have read voraciously and can write term papers without much of a research. I also help students write computer codes, for a fee of course. I like writing Java codes. It is a fascinating thing to do. I do not tutor. I think of it as a waste of time. I do it for them. That is more efficient from time perspective. These are all sons and daughters of millionaires. So they figure they do not need education, per se. I agree. The arrangement allows us an optimal allocation of time. I write their papers and they party all night long. Some have even asked me to take their final exams on their behalf, but that is illegal. I am not ready for another six months of community service or even worse to do time. The last thing I want to face is the same judge whose crooked denture (poor dental work) still wakes me up in the middle of the night with nightmare.

My last achievement was a political science paper I wrote on behalf of a graduate student who got an A+ with remarkable comments about his “penetrating analysis …” The money is not bad, but almost all papers come at the same time, towards mid term or at the end of the semester. That makes it difficult to make a living from it.

I give my clients “money back guarantee.” With the introduction of software that catches papers that are plagiarized from the internet, my business has been booming. I have a money back guarantee that all the papers I write are original. I retrun 75% of the money if they get B. No one has come to claim his 75% return. Starting next year my fee will go up to $400 per 10 pages paper for undergrad classes and $400 per 15 pages for graduate students. I enjoy writing paper for graduate courses. I know it is not the money that keeps me up all night long writing papers. I am, however, not sure whether it is the trill of violating social order or the desire to prove to my college graduate siblings that they did not have to go to college to be smart. But I do it anyway and do not forget the $400 US dollars a pop.

My next plan in life is to become an American and join the Republican Party. When I grow up I want to be like Karl Rove, a King Maker in the US. I am not sure if this is a dream, a vision or an illusion. But remember, there is a micro thin line between vision and illusion. The most outlandish illusion can be converted into a vision, with the right dose of reading and adequate time alone at the beach for thinking. A good looking girl on the side would not ruin the thinking process. She may even inspire it. Reading and thinking helps uite and I am a voracious and super fast reader. Going to college does not guarantee you such an achievement. I have seen and heard from some people who have gone through college and hold professional jobs but still remain clueless even to things that stare them in their faces.

Half of what you have read above is fiction, just like half of the remaining half. The rest is the truth, nothing bot the truth. One of the main reason that would make me a stealth campain director for the republican party is my ability to make up stories and package it in such a way that even the most shrewed political observer would fall for it or would not know which way to attack it. You remember what I did to Gebreselassie. He was paralized.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin aka
Caber Bully

Re: Mamo Qilo - A Short Biography

Mamo Qilo

You did great. specially to G/S. the world is like that as you said 1/4 truth only even less. by the way do apeear in News?

Thanks

Email: agegnehub@yahoo.com

City: A.A

I can believe just 30 per cent of what you are saying. In any case your story, fiction or fact, reveals your mentality. You seem crying loud to get attention. As a child, you were either too spolt or disgruntled. There must have been something dysfunctional...You seem to be wasting your time and talent...if 30 per cent of what you are saying is true. And yet I like your postings....

I suspect you are also Gebreselassie and ST.

Mamo Qilo,
With all the heroes in the world to call Carol Rove as your hero shows you are a dangerous man.

Why don’t you write a novel? You can fabricate a story like nobody can.

I don’t know what to believe any more. I think you are G/S and Ibraham too, acting like a fool. Oh! What the heck, I think you are everybody.

Mamo,

Till recently, I have been just an observer. Reading all your comments and ideas. I agree, the forum is a way to express ourselves. However, it is getting out of hand as to how we should address each other and our opinions. I like the way you are handling “GZ” and his folks. I should tell you though, you are quite a character. You have cracked me numerous times. Please focus on the important matters. You might lose audience.

God bless Ethiopia!

Email: lehagerandenet@yahoo.com

Dr. Hagos

Let me tell you, sir, my father who is a retired professor of anthropology thought I was crying for attention. He insisted that I see a psychologist. I went to a psychologist for an interview, but I read every thing there is to read about people suffering from attention syndrome of all sorts before I went to my session. The psychologist started his session and concluded after three 50 minute sessions that indeed I was crying for attention.

Right before the end of the third session he asked me what kind of books I like to read. I told him psychology books, particularly those related to the problem he diagnosed me with. I told him that some of the things I told him were taken straight out of the books I read. He asked me why I did that. I replied because "I thought I should help you reach a conclusion sooner than later to speed up the process." You should have seen his face. He was really mad. He said this is not a game. I told him that I did not think it was a game and apologized and asked for his forgiveness. I told him that he should not feel bad because the sessions were good experience for me. He asked me "in what sense". I said I was diagnosing him as well telling him what he wanted to hear and anticipating his every follow up questions. I said I was on the driver’s seat and you, sir, were being driven and I apologize.

Dr. Hagos, all I can tell you is, sir you are bang driven. You have missed the forest while looking for a tree. I was, sir, very happy to learn that G?S was beaten up. Now he would understand what it feels like to be mugged by criminals.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo-

Are you a used-car salesman? If not, I think you would do well in such a position.

Areh Beselassie,

No, sir I am not a used car sles man. I would like to be a King Maker in the US. Sir, you have seen what i did to Gebreselassie and Hagere Ethiopia. I literally dissimated them.

Mamo Qilo

I like that anyway...Thanks

What do you say about the news that GS was beaten up by anti-Meles Farengis?

Jaarato,

Sir, you asked what my views are about Gebreselassie. Sir, I believe he does not deserve to live on earth. His value added to our planet is nothing more than scavenging on internet sites and posting them on ER. Sir, I can write a simple computer code to do it more efficiently. And I can do that sir in no more than a fw minutes. So my question to you, sir, is if he can be repalced by a five line code what good is he to society. Sir, the tugs should have finished him. That would have two benefit to society. The thugs would be thrown in jail for life or face the elctric chair. And G?S would bite the dust. The world, sir, would be a better place in two continents. I would have liked also to see them rough up (nt beat or kill) Ibrahim because he has refused to debate wit me on substantive matters. I d not blame him. He has seen what i did to Hagere Ethiopia. Sir, I dessimated that guy.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qilo

Hi Mamo

Is Jadu one of your screen name? if not where is he/she.

Sir,

Jadu is not one of my screen name. I do not know where he/she is.

Mamo Qilo

Dear Participants:

I was so far a passive spectator on this forum. It was because many, except Hagere Ethiopia, arat kilo and the likes, are more to name calling and mud slinging. I enjoyed A-Z Hagere Ethiopia's sensible ideas. I Will here after try my best to make this forum worthy of time spending on. I am a busy man and don't have the privilege of excess spare time to do more. I want to seize this opportunity to invite all of you with noble ideas about the future of Ethiopia participate in the debate. Otherwise, the mamo qilos will make it pepsi cola advertisement notice board. The Moderator as well should keep a close watch on each and every messages posted and immediately delete the ads and deny access those foul mouthed, who are too selfish and vulture type to appreciate what it takes to hold a society together.

City: Addis

Email: gwaka@yahoo.com

**** jadu. however he swears saying i am not Qilo, it is now crystal clear jadu is not real, but a sceen name, non existing, a fictitious creature existing in the mind of Qilo.

Email: malberto@yahoo.com

Mamo Q.
Interesting but why do you pretend like eritrean. is it that you wished you were eritrea? i mean are you jeolous that you are not eritrean or you really hate them as a people. i just couldn't understand where you coming, you seem to be so obsessed with eritrea and eritreans.
my guess is that you are half cast just like meles and you trying to prove to eritreans that you love eritrea as much as the eritrean do.
look at meles to prove his love for eritrea his first book is about eritrea. and he cares more about eritreas democracy than ethiopias.
or you must have lost your dergu soldier father in the mountains of nakfa, if that is the case i forward my sympathy and condelonces to you.
with all do respect Mamo Q. we, eritreans, are proud and peace loving people and if you want to come visit asmara or our beautiful virgin beaches for vacation you all welcome. we love smart people like yourself.
with love,
semira alamin
Gurgusum Beach, Eritrea..

we give citizenship to smart guys who mary eritrean girls too. soooooooooooo

Semira Alamin,

You asked me why am I pretending as though I am an Eritrean. You further wondered I am jeolous of Eritreans or hate Eritrean as a people. My position on Eritrea at least the one I expressed on this forum is neither love nor hate, neither desdain nor jeolous. My position is that of indefference. Eritrea should not be a major factor in Ethiopian politics. Your presidetn did a spectacular job of making Eritrea irrelevant in the Horn of Africa politics. In the grand schme of regional politics eritrea could have made itself relevant. Given its lack of resources in materal and human, Eritrea needed to play the regional olitics smart. Alas your president tred to be a regional super power with no power to deal. He bluffed. Yeman, Sudan and Ethiopa called his bluff. French called his bluff on behalf of Djibouti. Now Eritrea is misceleanous in regional politics.

When it comes to Eritreans as people. I love them as I love Ethiopians, Kurdih Italians and Irish Indians.

You suggested that I may have lost my Derge Soldier father in the mountains of nakfa, if that is the case I forward my sympathy and condelonces to you. Thanks you for your sympathy and condolence. Yes, my father is dead but not in Nakfa. By the way how is your Nakfa doing? Isayas said it would change one to one with the Ethiopia Birr. I hear the traders are changing 8 Nakfa for one birr.

I like your last line. You extended you invitation to visit Asmara and your beautiful virgin beaches for vacation you all welcome. You also said Eritreans love smart people like me and you would give me citizenship if I married a beautiful Eritrea. I am taken.

Mamo Kilo