Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
INTERESTING NEWS FROM ETHIOPIA

I PASTED & POSTED IT INCASE IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT.

UPDATE FROM ETHIOPIA

29/6/2005

In the unfolding rift between CUD and as reported in one of our previous update, Ato Lidetu Ayalew of UEDP has been relieved from his position both as a member of the executive committee and Public relations officer of CUD. To the surprise of many the removal of Ato Lidetu from the above posts was signed by the vice chairperson UEDP Dr Admasu Gebeyehu.The contradictory statements and the subsequent disclaimers coming from Ato Lidetu and other CUD member’s further shows that the rift is deeper than what is initially thought.

It is said that Ato Lidetu's patience run out as a result of some CUD leaders attempt to shunt all problems on his party. Like wise some liberal members of CUD executive committee are said to be disappointed by the manipulative attitude and short fused approach of Ato Lidetu to serious matters that are determinant to the very existence of the coalition itself.

Analysts closely following UEDP say that many individuals with in the rank and file of the party are expressing their displeasure that UEDP's independence as a party is being trampled by some big names from AEUP and Rainbow. Some former AAPO members who later opted to joined UEDP rather than AEUP went as far as drawing similarity between the current situation with in CUD with that of the rough and raucous relationship with in the former Prof. Asrat's AAPO.

Sources closely following the mysterious abduction of Wro Almaz Seifu have now stricken out self imposed hiding as one possible reason. Analysts are now suspecting that this could be the work of one of the dozen of sub groups and factions with in the main opposition parties. Earlier Almaz has told police and security forces that she has been abducted by civilians that include two women.

Re: INTERESTING NEWS FROM ETHIOPIA

GZ-

I'm not interested in anything you post; but when you copy and paste something, at least provide the source.

Gebereselassie,

I am sure you are supporting Ledetu. You are soory that he is sidelined. I personally think he should not play a leading role. We need seasoned leaders. This is my personal observation.

Gebreselassie. i do not think the Egyptian News group was happy with what you posted there.

Mamo QIlo

Mamo Qilo!

Is your mind sludged?

Yes sir,

My mind is "slugged." My question to you, sir, is if a sludged mind could play with you at will, I wonder what a normally functioning mind could do to you, sir.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qilo!

I am glad you admitted.