Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GREEN REVOLUTION

What should be the color of our peaceful revolution? Some people have suggested 'Green-Yellow-Red Revolution'. I think the concept is excellent but it is a bit impractical. The word is too long. Another person suggested 'Rainbow Revolution.' My only problem is that Kestedemena is the name a party within CUD. It may not be appropriate unless the whole CUD agrees to that. Also, kestedemena has more colors that our flag. Here is my suggestion. We are not going to stop before this democratic revolution removes the Woyane Regime. And, we will be using peace as our method of doing the job. The green leaf is the sign of peace. So, while the glorious Ethiopian flag is what we use to cover heaven and earth at our rallies and protests, let us call this Ethiopian democratic revolution - 'GREEN REVOLUTION.' Green is also the symbol of fertility and prosperity. Got an idea? YICHALAL!

Re: GREEN REVOLUTION

Green for american dollars good idea!!!

Email: Woldexxx@cs.com

City: USA

Askale Dama,

I dont like your idea of "green revolution" It is too provincial! and people will suspect you for "yegna cheger ke cherku bashager balew new" I have a better idea and more cosmopolitan and provincial. How about mixing green,yellow and red and find out what color we have?

Through out our history we have a beautiful rallying Tri colour.We need to copy only the determination not
the colours.Alot of people through out the world proud to associate themselfes with our flag.In my opinion what we need right now is the courage of our leaders to stand firm against tyranny.

Amy,

Do you understand me? I said we cover heaven and earth with our tri-color flag every time we do a political act. But, every reality has a name. A fact is identified by a name [a symbol] or referred by an idea [a concept]. Here is an example. Take all the demonstrations, rallies, fights, speeches that happen.... between now and the removal of Meles. What is the Idea that captures their totality? Resistance, Movement, Revolution ???? I say, it is 'Revolution'.. What kind of revoution? I say it is 'Democratic'.... but the method used is basically non-violence or peaceful struggle. So, for the sake of effective communication, you neede to name this fact, this Ethiopian peaceful democratic revolution?
Until somebody comes up with a better name - I think 'the Ethiopian Green Revolution' fits nicely. Got an idea? YICHALAL

I love green because once upon a time Ethiopia was green till white men came to Africa and start povokoting Africans then Yellow established the whites demands in Eropean to exports African forests the red telling Eropeans stop bribing us.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Hi! the revolution never stop, until weyane vanishes, and we change ethiopian biased global picture. DO YOU OBSERVE WHERE EVER YOU GO PP WHEN YOU INTERDUCE YOURSELF ; ETHIOPIAN ; response is "ethiopia , ya I know the poorest country in the world.If you tell them you are studying , or if your position is good in living overseas , they ask you how you managed to reach at this level?( Having in your country pp have no food to eat).OH A DAYILY PAIN for every Ethiopian living overseas .

So pp please, be aware and dedicated, the first turning point is fight back weyane divisionisim" a revolutionary democracy" or MELESISM OR MELES REVORUTIONARY DEMOCRCY: The Ethiopian albanian comunism.

NEXT WE HAVE TO BUILD OUR COUNTRY IN WHAT SO EVER COAST ; WE PAY; IT COULD BE THROUGH FINACIAL ; kNOWLGDE TECHNICAL ; POLITICAL ETC.

and the name of our revolution I suggest shoul be
" Era Ethiopianism."

This due to that it has implications. weyane fight to eleminate Ethiopiaawient. If all ethnic gruops are united and live in equality and love, means no way to meles revolutionary democracy which has no source, to be sitted , except its devilish divisionism.

So the next ethiopianism era is where a united ethiopia where pp from any ethnic background culture religion live in a democratic way respected equaly , in their cuture language, religion etc.That is a new histroy , new era to ethiopia, build in the stragule of united Ethiopians all over.

Ethiopia will live in the new era !
enem

Email: tsionm2003@yahoo.com

City: INn

Amy,

You said it right! a lot of people through out the world proud to associate themselfs with our flag. You see, that is why I have suggested to change it with out losing the basic ingrediants.I am sick of seeing our flag becoming common. What is flag if you cant identfy yourself. Besides, I dont want my childeren get confussed whenever they see Ghanian and Senegal flags. for the sake of our childeren the confussion must end now.

why not tricolour revolution?

Email: MarmaladeXX1@aol.com

City: New York

Mekki

That was exactly what I thought of using our beloved TRI COLOR,we don't need a fad(fashion).Our for fathers,friends & relatives made a sacrifice in Millions for our flag.Actually some of us this days lost the meaning of the flag by tampering,putting it in every thing & every where.We need to give it a little more respect by raising it high at important occasions only.

Friends:

I am not pushing for fad or fashion. But I think our glorious democratic struggle must have a name to be known by. The problem with 'Tricolor' is that it not a color. It does not identify any color. But 'meleya' or malia or sendeK refers to a color. What is wrong with 'THE ETHIOPIAN GREEN REVOLUTION'? Got an idea? YICHALAL!

What about "Coffee Revolution"? It's peculiar to Ethiopia and hope you all would like the idea.

Email: animutn@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa