Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Conclusion remarks of Meles and Hailu.

The conclusion remarks by both leaders were very interesting. They both concluded by stating the truth of their own background and conditioning.

Meles concluded – “We are not out of the woods yet. We are trying to get out of it. We've made some progress. But we are not out of the woods yet.”

This is very true to the regime that has spent most of its life in the woods as a guerilla fighter. Yes, they are not out of the wood yet. The question is, “will they ever come out in their life time?”

Hailu – “It is very simple. Let the government put down their guns and we will have a beautiful future.”

Here, we also witness the truth of the civil opposition. It is clear that the opposition is struggling with legal and cultural means. The biggest obstacle they face is the guns of the regime that is not out of the wood yet. Well, this is indeed a wise struggle but my question is, “do they have the right wisdom and expertise?”

Re: Conclusion remarks of Meles and Hailu.

woooooooooooow

Human, That was exactly what i felt at the end of the interviews. It was a brilliant interview that brought out into daylight what our government and opposition want for ethiopia.

Meles dreams of making ruwandan type of war.
Opposition dreams of beautiful ethiopia.

Very true!!

Email: MarmaladeXX1@aol.com

City: New York

Human,
What are you saying?
The oposition has no clue?
Please explain!

From my understanding Melese interview with BBC interviw is that he ready to hand over power.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

To me, both have not performed well. Worse, Hailu Shawl shamefully said that culturally, Ethiopians are very deceptive. What a disgrace, especially to you Ethiopians living abroad. Imagine degrading self of all people to a white man!! The whites can now add one more stereotype to black image --- that they are generally liars and in his words double faced. What do you expect from such a person -- lead Ethiopia where?

Did you notice Meles' wity behaviour? Meles has not been good to others, but has served all the purpose he purported to serve when he went to the bush decades ago -- benefiting his folks. How many of us could give up all and do the same? Hodaamooch can hardly achieve.

Email: Jirru@yahoo.com

City: Finfinnee

Defar,

I think you misread my intention. I simply presented the fact drawn from the BBC interview of both men. Again, Meles seems to tell the world that they are yet to overcome the past influence of having spent years in the wood, which is a fact given their historical record. Remember that it is easier to take a man out a jungle but it is very difficult to take the jungle out of man.

On the other hand, Hailu did point out, again and again, what sorts of struggle they are conducting in order to give birth to a democratic process in the country. If you read his concluding remark, it is clear that the muscle or the jungle in man is the key obstacle to “demo” & “cracy” in Ethiopia.

Nations have seen all sorts of tragedy in their fight to democratize their society. The price we pay to achieve a beautiful future for our children can only be contemplated through wisdom, know-how, and intelligent performance of our people. Our intellectuals should not be obsessed to get to the white house (Addis Palace) by force. That will send our brothers back to the jungle rather than retire in peace like in Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, etc.

Human