Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Woyanne and EPRP join forces to attack Hailu Shawel

Before I watched Hailu Shawel's BBC interview, I read some negative comments by some about how inarticulate he is. After watching the video, my evaluation is that Hailu Shawel is a very articulate and honest person. I was impressed by him. What else these people want him say more than he did in the short time that was available? After doing some careful searches I found out that, those people who were spnning against Hailu Shawel belong to three groups: woyanne, EPRP, and the other group I don't want to mention for now. Unfortunately, Ato Hailu Shawel's party has a terrible public relations operation abroad that can respond to such negative spins.

Re: Woyanne and EPRP join forces to attack Hailu Shawel

OMG-

Oh! My God,

You are a spinning machine, SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!

This is exactly why Meles has taken a month to announce the election results.

Hailu Shawel was appointed by the Derg not because he is a killer but because he was supposed to increase agricultural output using his experience as Wonji factury manager. He quited his post as Kuami tetery of State farms when he couldn't improve setbacks of Derg. He was a courageous Civil servent. In his interview, he showed that he was honest and bright. We nead such leaders. He brings luck in our society.

Thank you!!

Email: debalque@yahoo.de

City: Hannover

Gebreselassie,

Can you tell us why you posted the minutes of Mele's interview with Bush in which Meles was humilaited. Why did you dig that from 2002 and posted it for all to see. If this is the best PR for your PM, I feel sorry for you. I hear you were picked by police for walking nacked in Baltimore. What happened?

Mamo Qilo

To be honest, I found Hailu Shawel is very honest, mature and respectful person.

Gebreselassie....oooops sorry, I remember your real name ...Gebremeles...we all Ethiopian know you that your are doing a great job to Meles to get more aid money ......(Achebchabi)

CUD "officials" are too busy manuvering for position. They don't have time to defend their leader.

Dear wogenoch:

Who did Americans elect Bush? Because even though he is not articulate, he comes through as honest. Kerry is much much more articulate than Bush, but people didn't believe him. It's the same way with Hailu Shawel. As some one who just recently started to get interested in Ethiopian politics, to me not only Hailu Shawel looked honest and reasonably articulate, but also highly dignified. Meles, on the other hand, looked to me a desperate dictator whose time is running out.

Jon