Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ethiopia Deserves a better Government

Dear Ethiopians:

My name is Josie E. McCarthy. I was born in Ethiopia when my parents were teaching at ACS in 1976. My parents gave me Ethiopia as my middle name. In school and at work I am called by my middle name. My parents decided to leave the country in the midst of the "red terror" and never went back. I was 2 at the time. I have since returned to Ethiopia with my husband and my twin daughters twice. We were even considering going to Ethiopia for a year or two to teach where my parents once taught.

We put our thought on hold after the Addis Massacre of innocent demonstrators. I am making this stament based on what the US government has concluded after studying the facts on the ground. It upsets me to read the messages on this bord of some of the most educated children of Ethiopia living in the US and Europe. How can an educated and supposedly enlightened person try to defend or justify the government's criminal behavior. It is contempt to humanity and unbecoming of supposedly educated and enlightened citizens. I take it that some of these people are either permanent residents or naturalized citizens of this gret nation of ours. It is not only Ethioians, but it is also the americans who have failed to bring the best out of these people. I apologize for being candid, but it is disappointing.

My own discussion with well informed government officers leads me to believe that the PM has no constitutional power to ban demonstrations for a day leave alone for a month. I am disappointed to read Mr. Gebreselassie Zemariame's attempt to blame the victims while justifying the illegal acts of the government.

Ethiopia is the most beautiful country and its people are the most cultured people that I have ever seen. I will keep pray. One day Ethiopia would get a government that works for the people than kill its people.

Yours truly,

Ethiopia McCarthy

Re: Ethiopia Deserves a better Government

Gebreselassie,

Any comment on the above?

regards,

ST

Dear Ethiopia McCarthy;

I am fortunate enough to read your comment on this forum. I would like also to extend my gratitude for being part a concerned individual about the on going Ethiopian politics.

You said in your comment “My own discussion with well informed government officers leads me to believe that the PM has no constitutional power to ban demonstrations for a day leave alone for a month.” I am not sure which government you are referring to. But, to your knowledge when the PM ordered a ban 3-4 weeks prior to the demonstration, as far as I know no country in the world protested to that matter. I am sure this will give you an idea whether the PM has the power or not to do that. One point

Secondly; If you remember, there was a peaceful demonstration in support of the opposition parties a week prior to the election and no killing or else occurred. This showed that killing couldn’t perpetuate simply for being part of a demonstrator in today’s Ethiopia.

Thirdly, I am not sure if, I have ever tried to blame the victims. What I did say is the opposition used the youngsters for their cause. This shows that the responsible party for the mess is the group of people who claim themselves opposition parties.

Fourthly, You said, “One day Ethiopia would get a government that works for the people than kill its people.” You should also pray that the opposition parties would come into their sense of civility and work for the people for the better. To be that, they must avoid inciting violence to help them portray how the government is bad in the eye of politicians.

Fifthly and lastly, you mentioned about your intention going to Ethiopia to teach where your parents once taught but you hold your thought. Try to get first hand information from US Embassy in Addis Ababa and learn more if the embassy could help you to take appropriate action in this matter.

Hope, I will get back to you for further exchange ideas.

Bless you,

Email: GZemariame@aol.com

To Gebreselassie,

Dont waste your time to justify what happened in the election aftermath. If melesse was a progressive leader as the westerns said it was time to resign. If I were him I would. He never accepted any inquiry. To mention few
1) Massacare of Gambela. " targeting the Anuak". Just read the human watch reprot. http://hrw.org/reports/2005/ethiopia0305/

So shocking really.

2) Awassa Masacare
http://www.hrw.org/press/2002/06/ethiopia061102.htm

3) The current one I dont think I need a link to show anyone.

These are among the few to mention.

IT JUST SHOWS THE Government is a serial killer to stay in power.

Dear E McCarthy thanks for your concern about Ethiopia.

Bean

Email: wbinyam@yahoo.com

Dear Ethiopia McCarthy,
Thank you.
God bless you.
Dadi

Dear Ato Gebreselassie:

I am not here to argue or exchange ideas. There is one Ethiopian proverb my mothers still uses in her discussion. "You cannot wake up a person who is pretending to sleep". I am not here to convince you since you seem to have your mind.

Let me briefly answer to questions you have raised. First, when I said my own discussion with well informed government officers leads me to believe that the PM has no constitutional power to ban demonstrations for a day leave alone for a month, I am referring to well informed US government officers. I am sure you have read what the State Department’s official statement and also the letter signed by our esteemed congressmen.

Dear Sir, you suggested that "when the PM ordered a ban 3-4 weeks prior to the demonstration, as far as I know no country in the world protested to that matter. I am sure this will give you an idea whether the PM has the power or not to do that." I am not sure if your statement above makes any logical sense. You do not look for a protest from foreign governments to see if the PM stepped out of his constitutionally sanctioned power. You refer to your constitution. I read your constitution, which is widely available on the web. It makes it clear that he does not have power to do so. What he did was illegal!

Dear Sir, I am appalled by your attempt to blame the opposition for the massacre of innocent Ethiopians. Did the opposition pull the trigger? Did the opposition order the massacre? It is a shame that some one living in our land of freedom can say what you are saying. It is unfortunate. You have not only failed your mother land, but you have also failed the very people who have hosted and educated you here in the United States of America.

My friend, I am one of those crazy animal rights advocates. I go crazy when I see people shoot a wild animal for fun. I am not sure what to think of you and the people you are supporting.

Ethiopia McCarthy

Gebreselassie Zemariame,

Ethiopia seems to have done her homework. I told you you are not serving the interest of your master. Ask them to replace you with a bit more sophisticated propogandist. You are out of your leage on this forum.

Ethiopia, God bless you. Please help us by calling your senator and asking her/him to introduce a bill to stop all fnancial aid to Ethiopia until those who perpetrated the crime you are so disguted with to court. Meles is the person in chaarge of sceurity.

Mamo Qilo

Gebreselassie,

I am intereted in reading your reply to Ethiopia McCarthy.

regards,

ST

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Dear Mrs. Ethiopia McCarthy;

You said, “I am not here to argue or exchange ideas” & then contradicting to yourself in the same comment you said, “It is a shame that some one living in our land of freedom can say what you are saying. It is unfortunate. You have not only failed your mother land, but you have also failed the very people who have hosted and educated you here in the United States of America.”

The only thing, I would like to say is it is disgrace to get a comment from you this kind because you failed to realize that, I have the right to give my opinion. Secondly, your comment speaks for itself that you are closely associated with the so-called opposition parties who are trying to change the land to a land of horror.

Finally, you mentioned about the letter written to PM by esteem congressmen. Did you also see PM’s answer to the congressmen or just ignore it because you already made up your mind?

Should you be interested, here is the link and read it. At least you will get something from it.
http://www.aigaforum.com/PMResponse.pdf

Finally, please be open minded if you’re really concerned about Ethiopia and its people.

Thank you,

dear ethiopia
thank you and God bless you.

Email: wonder@yahoo.com

Dear Ato Gebreselassie Zemariame,

Please be assured that I have read PM Meles's reply to the esteemed US Congressmen. Sir, I am trained as a lawyer and have worked in Africa for three years. I am not a casual observer but consider myself a well informed person on African politics. I read your constitution and understand it very well. The PM does not have any power to ban demonstration. Please read the constitution. On the other hand the peaceful demonstrators have constitutional right to organize a peaceful rally.

Just like you are doing the PR's letter attempts to blame the opposition for the killing of innocent people. I have read so many similar letters from other African governments in reply to concerns raised from Washington and European cities. They have a common approach. They pull the triggers and come to the international community to say "the opposition made me do it." They never take responsibility. I believe this is why Sir Geldof told your Prime Minister to “grow up!”’ I am really irritated by your flimsy attempt to blame the opposition for a crime that your PM perpetrated. It is a shame and it is my last reply to you. I hope you will excuse the liberty I took in expressing my view candidly. Ethiopia deserves a better government that would at the very least stand up and take responsibility for its actions.

Ethiopia McCarthy

Ethiopia, I love you sister. Thanks for caring.

Gebreselassie,

I told you you are out of your league on this forum. Ask you master to replace you with someone who is a bit more sophisticated than you are. I just finished reading Ethiopia McCarty's reply. Do not arue with a trained lawyer. The more you talk the more you are exposing the criminal actions of your master. Why don't you disappear. Put your tals between your legs and just go away. That would be less embarassing to you than to be told to grow up.

I am begining to really feel sorry for you. She played with you like a cat playes around with a mouse. You have been rendered lifeless on this forum. You would not be effective. Why don't you take our advice and just exsile your self.

Mamo Qilo

Hi, Ethiopia. First of all, I wanna say thanks. You are a kind and principled person.

What is the legal possibility of filing suites against Meles Zenawi in the U.S. on behalf of the murdered civilians and their families? Does the Patriot Act allow that? How about in Europe? I really feel we must not allow Meles Zarkawi and Bereket "Goebbels" Simon to get away with murdering all those innocent people.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Dear Mrs. Ethiopia McCarthy;

You said, “On the other hand the peaceful demonstrators have constitutional right to organize a peaceful rally.”

Here you go! Finally, you come up to the point.
Based on what you said, everyone can conclude that peaceful demonstrators have constitutional right to organize a peaceful rally where as demonstrators who don’t bow themselves to peace, their right would be revoked. In this case, I completely agree with you.

Finally, you said you were trained as a lawyer and have worked in Africa for three years. In this case, you look perfect to defend the inciters of violation in the heart of Addis where millions of people leave peacefully.

Wakeup for the better.

Dear Ato Gebreselassie,

Your last reply is unlike you. I have always read your replies. Event though I often disagree with what you post on this forum, your views were consistent. Your last reply to Ethiopia McCarthy seems inconsistent, incoherent and disjointed blurb. I am not a fan of Mamo Qilo, but what he has been saying about you seems to be manifested by your last reply to Ethiopia McCarthy.

with best regards,

Bruktawit Bekele

Guys,

I am originally from Ghana. Currently I work and live in the US. During a lunch break I heard Ethipia McCarthy talk about your forum. She was so irritated about some of the comments and out of curiousity I asked he to give me you URL and decided to read what was that so irritated her.

I read the discussion she initiated and the ensuing replies and counter replies. I found Mr. Gebreselassie Zemariame's comments beyound comprehension. We have a term in our local languge to describe people like him - zugratume fundassi murakelakou -- a crued translation is "one who scavenges on the blood of victims" I necer thought some one sitting in America would defend the victimizers while condemening the victims.

RAO

Kudos to Ethiopia McCarthy. Thnaks you sister. You put Gebreselassie Zemariame (aka zugratume fundassi murakelakou) on the definesive. Under your well reasoned and articulated opinion Ato Zemariam collapsed and fell under your feet. Please kick him to th curve and ignore him. I am happy that you said it is your last communication with him.

Kudos to Mr. Oyewole for giving us a correct description of Gebreselassie Zemariame, one who scavenges on the blood of victims (zugratume fundassi murakelakou).

Thank you both.

Mussa Mohamed

Ethiopia McCarthy

It is always wonderful to hear people say good things about one's country. And it is heart-warming to see people share your pain and try to help. I thank you for doing both.

As you fittingly said, it is a waste of effort to try to wake up those who pretend to be asleep. So please use your time to convey your message of concern to those who can take the right action based on your information.

Mamo, Gebreselassie is such a fool.

Dear Ethiopia McCarthy:
Welcome to the forum, but I want to inform you that your parents and yourself have only exposed one side of the story. That is why, you missed the whole picture and thinking in the mindset as if Ethiopia is only the country of one ethnic group and the rest of ethiopian are guest. MP Meles has done an excellent job for Ethiopia because he embarked Ethiopian in sustainble development and accepts all Ethiopian to participe in the politics.
Moreover,I was born in Ethiopia, but I never felt to be Ethiopian until PM Meles took over the power seat and introduced a democratic system that is inclusive for all Ethiopian. So please do a little bit of home work and then judge our honorable Meles Zenawi

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Well Mrs. Ethiopia Mc McCarthy, I agree with most of the issues you raised on this forum but this statement shows how much you are blinded with this current patriotism thing
"You have not only failed your mother land, but you have also failed the very people who have hosted and educated you here in the United States of America."

I don’t know how you see your country but for me as much as America is the birth place of scientists, philosophers and others it is also the birth place of hypocrites, murders, hooligans and thieves. How did George Bush get into power? by stealing votes. how come Americans are silent about the mass murder Americans are committing in Iraq, Afghanistan and the middle east? the burning of cities, killing small children and old men around the world in the name of keeping American interest. You said you fight for animal right but your government is killing and imprisoning innocent people in (Guantanamo bay and Diego Garcia) thousands, while you are very much concerned and busy raising your voice about the little mouse runing in a well cleaned laboratory. Yes America failed to be a leader in human right advocacy, the American people failed when they voted back for George Bush. What else do you expect from a little guy like GebreSellasie who idolize George Bush. That's why tyrants like Meles praised by American president and by British primeminister are massacering innocent people in broad day light with out fear of the international bodies. "America is a shoping mall Africa is my home" said someone I know, I think Gebreselassie failed his mother land, obssesed with greed like Americans and want his master to stay more years in power so that he can pillage as much as he can.
Gebre, wake up, the Ethiopian people have nothing to give you, take what you already have, leave them alone and join the greedy nation,AMERICA.

July 3, 2005

To Bruktawit Bekele;

You said, “My last reply to Mrs. Ethiopia is inconsistent, incoherent and disjointed blurb.”

May you be able to elaborate so, I could learn?

To Robert Ademola Oyewole;

You said, “Mrs. Ethiopia was irritated by my some of the comment.” And you also said, “Someone sitting in America would defend the victimizers while condemning the victims.”

Your judgment showes supporting an irritated co-employee. Please call some more friends and give her more comfort and solace her. Do you know this saying “Haste makes waste”? Your hastly judgment could cost you your dignity.

To Ibrahim Shirdon;

You ask Mrs. Ethiopia to do a little homework.

Here is my advise to you. Since the lady's mind is well tattoed with blind politics, don’t be nave to expect sincereness out of her.

July 3rd, 2005

To Aoromara!

Comments should be address with civility. If lacks, understanding could not be viable.

Thank you;

DearETHIOPIA McCMatry

Thank You
Never read this stupids who are against Ethiopia like Gebreslase. The think the are the only one who are Politician, owning means of informations, information sources. Pls therefore never give dampcare.

once again thank You

Email: agegnehub@yahoo.com

City: A.A

Mustefa!

Vulgarism is not commendable.

Dear Ethiopia McCarthy;

Spare your time to read.

President Meets with Leaders of Kenya and Ethiopia

President George W. Bush
Remarks by the President, the President of Kenya and the Prime Minister of Ethiopia in Photo Opportunity
The Cabinet Room, Washington, DC
December 5, 2002
PRESIDENT BUSH: Here's what we're going to do. I'm going to welcome our friends to the Cabinet Room in the White House. Each leader will make a statement. We'll then have one question from an American, one question from a Kenyan, and one question from an Ethiopian. The President and the Prime Minister will decide who gets the question, as will I.

First, it's an honor to welcome President Moi and Prime Minister Meles to the -- this is where we do our work, the Cabinet Room. We welcome two strong friends of America here; two leaders of countries which have joined us in the -- to fight the global war on terror; two steadfast allies, two people that the American people can count on when it comes to winning the first war of the 21st century. And I'm so pleased that the President and the Prime Minister have agreed to come and have a substantive visit. I thank their delegations for coming with them, and I look forward to a good and open discussion about how we can advance our respective interests.

Mr. President, welcome. President Moi is a strong leader of Kenya. He is leading the country through a transition period through open elections and, Mr. President, you have distinguished yourself by your service to your country and I appreciate that. We welcome you.

PRESIDENT MOI: Thank you very much indeed. I'm delighted to have my last visit to the United States as the President of the Republic of Kenya. We are -- I am here to discuss a wide range of issues. The most important issue is the security within the Horn of Africa and particularly my own country, Kenya.

These are important issues which will enable us to help to eliminate terrorism in that part of the world. And so I am delighted to be in Washington today.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Mr. President, thank you. And, of course, I want to reiterate what I said before, and that is our country mourns the loss of life in Kenya, the tragedy that befell your country as a result of killers trying to terrorize freedom-loving people, and I appreciate your leadership on that issue.

Mr. Prime Minister, I'm so honored that you're here in Washington.

PRIME MINISTER MELES: Thank you, Mr. President, we are all here, very glad that we've been welcomed to Washington. A moment ago you said that we are engaged in the first war of the 21st century. We believe that the war against terrorism is a war against people who have not caught up with the 21st century, who have values and ideals that are contrary to the values of the 21st century. And in that context, it's a fight not between the United States and some groups, it's a fight between those who want to catch up with the 21st century and those who want to remain where they are.

So I want to assure you that we are all with you against forces of terror in this -- and I appreciate your support and leadership. Thank you very much for welcoming us --

PRESIDENT BUSH: Thank you, Mr. Prime Minister. We'll have one question from each side here. Jackson.

QUESTION: Mr. President, I've been out in the country on vacation and a lot of people have asked me, what are the chances that we're actually going to war with Iraq? I mean, how likely is war and what would trigger it?

PRESIDENT BUSH: Right. That's the question that you should ask to Saddam Hussein. (Laughter.) It's his choice to make. And Saddam Hussein must disarm. The international community has come together through the United Nations Security Council and voted 15 to nothing for Saddam Hussein to disarm. We recently got back from NATO where our NATO allies voted overwhelmingly to send this same message.

So, David, to answer your question, the question is whether or not he chooses to disarm. And we hope he does. For the sake of peace, he must disarm.

There are inspectors inside the country now, and the inspectors are there not to play a game of hide-and-seek; but they're there to verify whether or not Mr. Saddam Hussein is going to disarm. And we hope he does.

QUESTION: But at what point would you make that decision?

PRESIDENT BUSH: We hope he does. You'll see.

Mr. President, would you care to call from somebody from the Kenyan press? You don't have to if you don't want to -- (laughter) -- I thought it would be hospitable.

QUESTION: I'm here from Ethiopia.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, we'll get you next, sir. (Laughter.) Is the Kenyan reporter here? Oh, there.

QUESTION: I would like to know, since Kenya has been a victim of terrorism, what does the U.S. government --

PRESIDENT BUSH: Yes. Well, that's what we're going to talk about, of course. And part of the reason the President has come is to discuss ways that we can continue our aid program and continue our work together.

The other thing we must remember is that the war on terror is global in nature and that if the terrorists could strike in Kenya, they could strike in Ethiopia, they could strike in Europe. And that we must continue this war, to hunt these killers down one at a time, to bring them to justice, which means information sharing. We're pleased with the information sharing we're getting from our allies here. It means cutting off the money, and it means bringing to justice -- like the Kenyan authorities will be doing to those who kill and take innocent life.

Do you care to call on somebody from your press corps?

QUESTION: I would like to repeat the same question the Kenyan reporter asked of you. What could be exactly the role of the United States in assisting those African countries, particularly who are the victims of terrorism?

PRESIDENT BUSH: Yes. Well, information sharing, for example. We've got a good intelligence-gathering network, made stronger by the fact that we share information between countries. But if we get wind that somebody is thinking about doing something to Ethiopia, we're prepared to work with the Ethiopian government to disrupt any plans.

The best thing we can do to help secure your countries is to chase the killers down, and we're making good progress. Slowly but surely, we're dismantling an al Qaeda network. And that inures to the benefit of all the countries of the world.

We, of course, will be talking to -- about issues such as drought as well. We'll be talking about other issues, economic vitality. I'll be thanking these leaders for their work in bringing stability and peace to their part of the continent of Africa. These are leaders, these are men who have stepped forward and have shown vision and leadership, and we're grateful for that.

Thank you all for coming.

GEBRESELASSIE ZEMARIAM

it is shame to defend your corrupt,theif,murderer leaders for their crime.i am sure you will do it the same way if you get the chance to govern my beloved people.i think it is hereditory,also your king was one of the banda who betrayed our true king for british soldiers and history is repeating it self again. I have to responed the right and the facts of king Yohanes's evil did. Hundrad lies can not be one true. What Melese(Legese) prime minister is doing exactely copy of Yohanes(Atse). So you can't hide it. Yohanes is killer of the Ethiopian modern and progressive beloved courageous King of Kings Teodros(Atse). Yohanes is bandit and corrupted by British and italy. The same history is repeated by Melese(Legese)and all TPLF leaders(groups) who was formed in London as a government by British and CIA and other our historical enemies Arabs. So don't you believe this of a fortheen year history? Shame on you!!!!! History is a Mirror of a past and present. Good luck!!! Because all that had done by your people is full of crime. Look what Woyane is doing in Ethiopia since May 1991. Killing, corapting, thievery(thieft). so time is the key ! each of you will be exposed to to dear ethiopian people to get the result of your action.

City: You rascale people why you go back to Fascist Derg? You should be judged on your horror events. And Derg has got its owen worest history; that is true

HERE IS SOME OF THE THOUSANDS CRIME YOU AND YOUR LEADER ARE TRYING TO COVER UP

www.mahder.com/index.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=21&pos=0

Dear Ethiopia McCarthy,

My deepest appreciation for your thoughtful comments of our beloved country "ETHIOPIA". Unfortunately, Gebreselassie Zemariame, and I am the product of Ethiopia, but let me assure you that he’s a very very small minority

Dear Selamawi:
When you said that Gebre is minority, you meant your ethnic is majority. The one in know knows that your ethnic has sold these green uncooked a la Kitfo idea to the Freng, but I do not think that you will get a chance to excercsie those ideas in Ethiopian in any more.
Thanks to Meles and yo will only wander and confuse people in the Western capital when you do not know how to engage debate and solve problem and move Ethiopian to healthy economic and political atmosphere.
The war of praxis has been gone with the wind when cold war is over.
America and Europe will not help you to overhrow Meles and bring back to the power seat.

G/sellasie,

Shame on you. You must be from among the blind cadres of TPLF and member of the murderers. MEHFERI

Wonder,
I don't buy your opinion. Sorry.

Email: belayt01@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

I think most of you disagree with Gebreselassie Zemariame. Let me suggest an idea. Don't respond to him. Don't even read the messages he posts. When he founds the number of views "0", he will understand his unimportance in this forum. Especially Mamo and Jadu, don't respond to his messages.

City: Addis

Gebreselassie,

Can you help us understand the point you are trying to send when you posted the minute from a 2002 metting between Meles, Moi and Bush. Here is one I took from it. First Moi is out. Meles would follow. second, Bush did not even know who Meles was.

Here is an exerpt from your posting:

Bush to Meles:

"Mr. President, would you care to call from somebody from the Kenyan press? You don't have to if you don't want to -- (laughter) -- I thought it would be hospitable."

Meles to Bush: "I'm here from Ethiopia."

PRESIDENT BUSH: "Well, we'll get you next, sir. (Laughter.) Is the Kenyan reporter here?

Mamo Qilo

Thanks Mamule,
I will shut this dummy up!! I've started already. Why wasting my precious time with people like Ibrahim??

Email: rachel_br@yahoo.com

Dear Ibrahim,

I am at a loss with your statement. What does the massacre of peaceful demonstrators have to do with me and my parents being exposed to one side of the story? The massacre of peaceful demonstrators could only have only one side to it. It is barbaric, inhuman and illegal. Only a sick mind can see the other side. Please tell me the other side of it.

I am sure you were trying to make a point when you wrote that I missed "the whole picture and thinking in the mindset as if Ethiopia is only the country of one ethnic group and the rest of Ethiopian are guest."
There is no mindset that can justify or defend the massacre of innocent people, other than a sick mind. Help me understand what you are trying to say.

Your defense of your prime minister seems to be even worse than the flimsy attemp thet your friend Gebreselassie tried on us. At least he did not fabricate stories, as you seem to be doing. How in the world can you say "MP Meles has done an excellent job for Ethiopia because he embarked Ethiopian in sustainable development and accepts all Ethiopian to participe in the politics." When was the last time you checked the World Bank figures. My friend your country has been sliding backward since PM Meles took power. The numbers do not lie. Or do they. Or may be even you may have an explanation for the backward slide of your GDP under your Prime Minister. I have one word for all this: Sickening!

Ethiopia McCarthy

Hello Josie,

Please don't take Gebresellasie and Ibrahim seriously.
They belong to the now famous "Brotherhood of Pathological liars ", organized, funded, directed and controlled by the Woyannes.
They are trying to defend the undefendable. They stand for hatred and ethnic strife, opposed to the truth and human love.

As to the current situation in Ethiopia please read the following posting.
Regards,

"Neutrality helps the oppressor"- a message to "Hagre Ethiopia" and other Ethiopians.

I have been reading your postings for sometime now.

I am not a man who is interested in politics. But now, what we are witnessing in Ethiopia is not politics, as we know it. It is a great African and human tragedy in the making.

I found out your views to be objective-oriented; you are anchoring your ideas to the fundamental problems facing Ethiopia. The choice in Ethiopia, at this point in time, is not between differing political views, as we see it in democratic countries, but rather, it is between the stark choices of the EXISTENCE or DESTRUCTION of our country and people.
Today, the Ethiopian people are facing the monsters of ethnic politics on daily bases, instigated and propagated by political forces in POWER. It is indeed a very strange phenomenon, rarely seen in the world. A political party, not only working against the national interest, but actively promoting, mutual destruction among its diverse people. The world watches this in real time, uncaring to the destiny of poor people primed to kill each other, and ready for the slaughterhouse any time now.
The world is clearly blinded by the huge propaganda machine that the people's money buys, to propagate pathological lies against the interests of poor and innocent people living peacefully in their country, crushed under poverty, further compounded with being harassed daily, terrorized, voiceless, and forgotten by most every one.

A strange and hateful ideology that blends Albanian Communism and South African Apartheid has tenaciously gripped a poor country in East Africa, for 14 years. The world takes little notice of this horrible realty today. Sometimes it addresses the superficial aspects like election irregularities, capacity building, investment, foreign debt cancellation,...., a cover designed to deny and divert the machinations of the sinister enemy within- Ethnic hatred and confrontation.
How many will have to die before the world wakes up to this tragedy? .
I some times wonder how the future generations in the world would be perplexed; on why nothing significant was done, by the people and governments of the world, to counter such an evil confronting every day life, at the beginning of the 21st century, in a huge country of 70 Million + people?.

The silver lining in the cloud is that Resistance to communist/ apartheid rule is gaining momentum, but eventually how many will have to face tanks and machine guns with bare hands and die before overcoming the resident evil in Ethiopia? "The answer is blowing in the wind", could be any body's guess.

Hagere Ethiopia, I find solace in your courageous stance. Please continue with your honest, realistic, pragmatic, useful, applicable and yet strong & unpretentious pronouncements. The helpless Ethiopian people need persons like you to bring out the truth hidden behind multi-layered masks, including mischievous propaganda masquerading as patriotic statements of "caution", or patronizing as the third alternative (way) between the opposition and the government- as though everybody, but only themselves have found the final truth.

Eventually, I am sure that Oromos, Tigrayans, Wolaytas, Amharas, Sidamas, Guragess, Hadyas, ...., together, will build a new and democratic Ethiopia.

Forever Ethiopia

Wonder!

You said, "History is a Mirror of a past and present."

You right only if there are people who advocates and preaches only for the truth not by individuals like you who don't appreciate even if you feed them with silver plate.

Selamawit;

Who says so a person from a very small minority has no right to voice his opinion? Your corrupt mind or your corrupt opposition leaders?

You have an outdated out look. Please refrain yourself from expressing such full of shame.

Bely!

Since you are one of those who lost their identity, it would be better if you stay off.

Josie Ethiopia McCarthy;

According to your own story; you left Ethiopia with your parents because of the ongoing red-terror during the era of Mengistu. And, you visted your birth place twice during the current government. Hundreds of thousands of Ethiopians did and still doing it.

If there are deniers, there is a deny. Sorry to you to be part of that that group.

Josie Ethiopia McCarthy

You said to Ibrahim about the whole thing in one word, "SICKENING".

You will feel better if you stop blocking your mind.

Gebreselassie,

Do you really need to respond to all messgaes. I mean you are supposed to put the opposition on the defensive. You have been reduced to fire fighting. I told you you are no longer effective. Ask your master to replace you with a more effective propogandist. You are well above your league.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qilo!

It is interesting to see you baking the same barking like a mad dog without changing your tune. Ask help from former commanding officer Dr. Negede Gobeze to help you change your tune.

Disregard the previous message to Mamo Qulo!

Correction!

Mamo Qilo!

It is interesting to see you are barking the same barking like a mad dog without changing your tune. Ask help from your commanding officer Dr. Negede Gobeze and others to help you change your tune.

Dear Ethiopia:
With all your respect, I beg to differ and I am still insisting and trying to tell you is that you are not exposed to the full picture of ethiopian people's reality. Your respected and friend of Ethiopia parents have named you after Ethiopia because they did not have seen the horrible side of Ethioia that made us the least developped country in the world. The core of the violence that Ethiopia was and is presently going on through is the result that Ethiopia, in the last seventy or hundred years, was ruled by one and only one ethnic group called Amhara who are currently organized and organizing the bloody demonstration that claimed many innocent and poor Ethiopian people. They want to go back to the power seat at any expense.
And people like you are not well aware of the atrocity that these thugs have committed and fomenting and only thinking that Ethiopia was one of the best countries in the world since you did not have first hand experience how the Somalis, Oromos, Afar and Gambelas( the majority of Ethiopian people 70 percent) , who were incorporated in Ethiopia in the last hundred years, lived.
Moreover, we do not buy the legendary history that Ethiopian cliamed to have 3000 years of ruling in Horn of Africa. In our viewpoint, Ethiopia has participated in the divide and rule of Africa in Berlin in 1885 through Menelik. To add insult to injury, The villain Haile Sillassie has consolidated its Amharization on the majority of Ethiopian people in its 50 years of ruling. Your parents have only taught the children of neftegnas(settlers). You and your parents are not exposed to the children of the majority of Ethiopian people. That is the reason that you are not viewing the whole picture that Meles is reversing and correcting. In other terms, Meles is working hard to rectify the misdeed and mistakes that were done by these people.
Nevertheless the socalled opposition CUD aims at backpedalling Ethiopia to famine and forceful resettlement.
To rectify this historical mistakes, the Honorable PM of Ethiopia, Meles Zenawi has introduced a new constitution in 1995 where all Ethiopian ethnic have the right to managing their affairs. On the contrary these thugs functionning in the name of opposition group are in the mindset to rule Ethiopia and aim at destroying this constitution which will never happen. As your President Ronald Reagan used to say, on our died body.
Please try to understand the issue before you jump to the gun and attacking our PM.
In addition, Derg regime who killed left and right Ethiopian students are currenlty the ones, Negede Gobeze, who are the architects of the violence that we are seeing in Addis Abeba.

For example, this week one of the best newspapers has published that the Live Music to help the victim was critized because they are thinking that it will reindulge Ethiopia in mismanagment and misuse of the money. In other words, they are thinking that the collected money will be used forcefully to resettle one group of people to wrong area which was what Mengestu did during his second phase of resettling the northern Ethiopian to the rich land of the south part of Ethiopia.
Look at what the paper wrote:
Geldof is already being besieged the those who have the irritating irresistible urge to undermine what is good, or at least to assert it is not as quite as noble as it looks. John Kay, writing in the Financial Times last week, said Geldof was “full of sound and fury, signifying nothing”.

And in a ****ing piece in the new issue of Prospect magazine, supposed to be the favorite monthly of both Prime Minister Tony Blair and his Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown, David Rieff has gone over the record of Live Aid’s work during the Ethiopian famine and accused it of having “contributed to as many deaths” as it saved. Rieff argues that Geldof and Live Aid were party to Ethiopia’s Stalinist resettlement policy when President Mengitsu Haile Mariam attempted to forcibly remove 600,000 people from one part of the country to another.

Thank you, Ethiopia McCarthy,
We appreciate your love for Ethiopia. It is unfortunate to see the good-hearted American taxpayers money is used by Meles to torture and kill people. I hope you are also aware the report that Meles and his buddies have millions of dollars stashed around the world. Please help us to have these matters to be investigated.

G/S,

You are a disgrace, narrow minded, selfish, and cold-hearted individual. What would you say to that Ethiopian mother who lost two of her sons at her front door? What did she and other Ethiopians do to deserve this evil treatment? How much money are you getting from Meles to represent him?

G/sellsie,
I don't have any identity problem. I am an Ethiopian and a Tigrean. Please check with your bosses Meles and Bereket about the identity crisis. Gere what about you? AMCHE DIKA?

Email: belayt01@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

To Ms. Josie E. McCarthy
I would like to thank you for your great concern for my country Ethiopia. God bless you,
At least you know now what is happening in our country and to our people. Ethiopia has always been betrayed by its own leaders. The main obstacle for development in Ethiopia is corruption, injustice, tyranny and causeless wars waged by its senseless politicians.

Please ignore Gebreselassie Zemariame as we all know him that he is one of Meles’s friends who share the aid money.

Gebre please keep quiet! I am ashamed of you……. Listen and learn before you say something.

Elsabeth

Dear Ibrahim,

I am getting sucked into this issue more than I wish to be. I never thought for a minute that I would debate with people who live in the most democratic and civilized nations and support act of pure savagery. The more I read you the more your argument gets bizarre.

First, if you are half the intellectual you wish to portray yourself as, you would have answered my question. If your claim that under PM Meles has developed why is the figures the World Bank published show backward slide in Ethiopia’s GDP Per capita.

Look at the following sentence. You wrote with a straight face that "the core of the violence that Ethiopia was and is presently going on through is the result that Ethiopia, in the last seventy or hundred years, was ruled by one and only one ethnic group called Amhara who are currently organized and organizing the bloody demonstration that claimed many innocent and poor Ethiopian people. They want to go back to the power seat at any expense."

The Opposition organizing bloody demonstration? So, in your view the opposition is responsible for the massacre. How in the world would unarmed opposition take responsibility for the inhuman and savage killings that was perpetrated by the very PM's administration that you praise and come close to nominating for a Nobel Prize. Let us assume for a moment that the Amhara did what you claimed they did during and before haileselassie's regime some 30 plus years ago. How in the world would that justify the massacre of innocent people in 2005? You make the perpetrators the victims and the victims the responsible party. How sickening!

I am sorry to tell you that my friends from Ethiopia come from all ethnic group. Actually two of my best friends are from the Oromo ethnic group. I have friends from the Gurage, Amhara and Tigray regions. They are all seasoned and have respect for each other. They are well educated and act like it, too. My best friend (Marit Getmesay, an Amhara) is married to an Oromo (Guma Mideksa). You seem to have come from a different planet, or have a serious mental issue that you need to resolve. I am sorry to even think that my tax money may have contributed to your miseducation. This is my last response to you.

Ethiopia McCarthy

The method of struggle put in practice by all oppositions is to scream,raise a great deal of noisy exitment,and keep on reiterating lies on the expectation of something from the blue sky may drop abruptly.Such a methode is paying off in attracting some elements from US,like McCarthy.It has made him the essence oppositions in US.According to him,Ethiopia deserves a better government. We have here a partnership contracted by the opposition on one hand and Ethiop McCarthy on the other.To you and all servants of opposition one thing is a bitter truth.The people of Ethiop will not commit to CHAUVINIST SUBJUGATION.EPRDF will never have time to see the disintegration of the people at the hands of chauvinsts,but provides UNITY,FREEDOM,RULE OF LAW,together with a peaceful transitio to fulfledged democracy.This and this alone is what rouses the displeasure,annoyance ill feeling of the opposition and their servants inside and out side Ethiop.Hence a fast rush of lies insults and cry of extreme anger that emanate from deep hatred of one people-TIGRAY.

Ibrahim,

I do not think you will recover from Ethiopia's assault for years to come. She undressed you in front of everybody. If I were you I would shut up.

Mussa Mohamed Mussa

Gebreselassie Zemariame

"Small minority" referring to your ideology not ethnicity..

To Josei Ethiopia McCarty!

Are you still here? I thought you left.

You said "to Ibrahim"

"I am getting sucked into this issue more than I wish to be. I never thought for a minute that I would debate with people who live in the most democratic and civilized nations and support act of pure savagery. The more I read you the more your argument gets bizarre."

Please see the link and try to think twice.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp? id=20050703175709990001

GEBRESELASSIE,

You shoud have shut your mouth. You irritated Ethiopia Mc Carthy and now she is proving to be your worst enemy. Josie, Ethiopians will thank you for ever.

Mamo QIlo

Dear readers,

Please do not be too harsh on Gebreselassie. He is only doing his homework to get his usual left_over (Teref_meref) from his sick boss. Let history judge him and his likes - the so called PHDs like Tecola or Tekula Hagos.
The future is bright for not only ethiopia and Ethiopians, but humanity in general; thanks to people like sir Bob Geldof and Ethiopia McCarthy.

Email: yibeqawal@yahoo.com

City: auckland

Gebreselassie,i know you a tegre Ethiopian as the rest of us.The diffrence between you and us is that we pay your salary thru american law makers funds to your master Melese and monthly salary you get which asigned you have no work record nar tax paying records, but proboganda cadre you're.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Dear Ethiopia,
I am sure that you are not American, but a settler who is hiding and pretending to be civilized; however, I agree with you that I came from another planet. In my part of world, we do not hide and live in two identities place. I will not discuss with people who are covered their identity. You must be one of those who changed her name once she arrrived in America.

Ibrahim,you luck knowledge in history of America we call USA.Under Abraham Lincoln leadership the south and north united by way of force to help the country from tiranny for this cause over 400,000 laid dead.

Ibrahim,do you trust your tail?

Mamo, that was funny. I couldn't stop laughing.

Gebreselassie,

Can you help us understand the point you are trying to send when you posted the minute from a 2002 metting between Meles, Moi and Bush. Here is one I took from it. First Moi is out. Meles would follow. second, Bush did not even know who Meles was.

Here is an exerpt from your posting:

Bush to Meles:

"Mr. President, would you care to call from somebody from the Kenyan press? You don't have to if you don't want to -- (laughter) -- I thought it would be hospitable."

Meles to Bush: "I'm here from Ethiopia."

PRESIDENT BUSH: "Well, we'll get you next, sir. (Laughter.) Is the Kenyan reporter here?

Mamo Qilo

The Bush administiration knows that Ethiopians tax money not going to pay Ibrahim salary and thier EPRDF member salaries thus,mr. Melese looked idiot eri idiot not know where he stands on BBCinterview.He look like a retired soldier from Adewa.

Hey Ethiopians and Eth Lovers,
Have you heard Meles on BBC-HardTalk-July 4,05? You will be amazed! Shame Ethiopia has such kind of prime minister. He even said "...I'm not here to please Tony Blair or anybody. I'm trying to build Democracy in my country". Please watch it!! You would crack up in laughter!! Now I know the prime minister of Ethiopia is not only a killer but also a Psycho. He contradicts himself when he talks. Now the World knows who he really is!!

The following is the address:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/hardtalk/4649373.stm

Just don't respond to Gebresselasie and Ibrahim. Let them say anything but keep on denying them any reply. This is the best way to keep them away. They may use different names but they can be easily identified by the intent of their message.

Regards

Gebresilassie

I don't think Advil and Tylenol will help you now, get Lodine or Prozac and go away to Adwa you'r going to be depressed for a long time.

As far as I am concerned, Gebreselassie is not a real Gebreselassie he is a real Gebremeles.

Gebremeles , I am sure you prefer this name.

Dear Rachel,
It seems that you are only hearing what you like to hear. You perception is already twisted with the wrong ideas of the settlers. Recently one of the respect newspapers, Hearald Tribune, has written that the new approach to poverty is at the center of Prime Minister Tony Blair's Commission for Africa, which has proposed a raft of ambitious initiatives aimed at making real headway against poverty across the continent.
Moreover, our Prime Minister, Meles Zenawi, is described that he is one of the best leaders of Africa. If I quote word by word, the newspaper says: " He is the the only African leader on the commission, and the most articulate champion of its agenda, is Ethiopia's prime minister, Meles Zenawi."
This will send a chill in the bone to the socalled opposition parties that roaming in the capital of the Western World. Your forefathers villain Haile and Derg did not deliver in hundred years what Meles has done in 14 for his country.

Gebremeles is the right name thank you guy. Gebremeles shame on you! I don't care from which ethnic group you are from, but you don't have sense of human you are like Agazi's in Addis wild animal! Go back to your bush this is not your place.

To Tolosa;

You said, "Gebremeles , I am sure you prefer this name."

Since I assume Tolosa would be your last name, I am not sure where to catagorize your sex.

You simplified my lack of sureness when you tell me for sure, I prefer my name Gebremels to Gebreselassie. As a result you deserve a special name "Witch".

Correction be made:-This message is not from Observer it is from Gebreselassie to WITCH (Tolosa)

To Tolosa;

You said, "Gebremeles , I am sure you prefer this name."

Since I assume Tolosa would be your last name, I am not sure where to catagorize your sex.

You simplified my lack of sureness when you tell me for sure, I prefer my name Gebremels to Gebreselassie. As a result you deserve a special name "Witch".

WORLDWIDE PROTEST IS IN VAIN

Ethiopia is one of the seven African countries who is invited to the summit of G8.

See for yourself

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/jul2005/2005-07-04-02.asp

tolosa

you gave him good name

Gbremeles

idiot tigre

I am sure all of you bunch of garbages, morons, hate & war mongors, opinionated & peer minded individuals, liars, petties, etc would not like to see the attach link news. Go hell to all of you.

WORLDWIDE PROTEST IS IN VAIN

Ethiopia is one of the seven African countries who is invited to the summit of G8.

See for yourself

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/jul2005/2005-07-04-02.asp

Re: WORLDWIDE PROTEST IS IN VAIN

Ibrahim Shirdon

I am with you. Yes, the protest is in VAIN.

The only seven african countries who are invited to the summit are:- South Africa, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Ghana, Senegal, and Algeria.

Infact it a huge blow to the protesters, oppostion parties, and their allies.

Long live Ethiopia

The on going strugle for democracy will flourish on the grave of Ethiopia and Ethiopian enemies.

I would like to re-read what, I did send you yesterday incase if your memory is lost.

Wonder!

You were born to be the way you are and it is very hard to change yourself to join in today's politics.

Secondly, I am glad you know that, I am idiot in the eye of bunch of idiots and morons like you.

Thirdly, do you know that you are personanongrata in the eye of historian?

God bless you!

Additional:- In your today's message you said, "Idiot Tigre"

I didn't know that you are obsess by Tigreans.

Mercy of GOD to you.

The dust seems settled.

Gebreselassie,

You are loosing it. You were supposed to be the coolminded person who keeps on sending the message, no matter what.

You wrote: "I am sure all of you bunch of garbages, morons, hate & war mongors, opinionated & peer minded individuals, liars, petties, etc would not like to see the attach link news. Go hell to all of you." Now we have you exactly where we want you. thanks to Ethiopia Mc Carthy she rendered you lifeless. You are reduced from a cool headed propogandist garbage talking petty. You are finished. You were sevred!

Mamo Qilo

PS: Meles will end up being the embarrasment to Toni. Something tells me Meles would not travel. he will be ordered to stay behind.

To Mamo Qilo;

You said, "Something tells me Meles would not travel"

I guess, your witch companion Tolosa must have told you.

Josie Ethiopia McCarthy;

I, realize now that you were joining the forum not knowingly, but as a result of slip of a mind. That is why you settle down in no time at all.

I, hope you stay settled from now on as your mind continue to be limp.

Cheers million times.

GebreMeles,I am a man of God, not a witch doctor. That is the reason why I hated you calling yourself Gebreselassie, servant of the Holy Trinty.... Your deeds are devilish like your paymaster. By the way, where on earth is your den, one of the 'embassies'. I feel sorry for my poor dad who pays tax to feed Meles and his GebreMeleses around the world. Please be thankful to my dad for paying his tax....even if you are ungrateful.....

Tolosa,

You are suppose to ignore this idiot, G/S. Let him talk to himself. He is not worth of your time.

Mrs. Ethiopia!

Thank you for realizing the whole thing right now.

City: gzhello@yahoo.com

Blair could be sending good money after bad

The idiots on this forum can read the following. Go to the link if you will. This shows your CUD is finished and PM Meles is here to stay.

http://www.eastandard.net/hm_news/news.php?articleid=23089

By Barrack Muluka

Writing in the pages of this paper in August 1995, I described Ethiopia’s then newly elected Prime Minister, Meles Zenawi, as a fledgling dictator, who was slowly growing the repressive wings and horns of the typical African tyrant.

Western governments and media were then clustering up Zenawi together with other youthful leaders elsewhere on the continent and peddling them around the globe as Africa’s new democrats and liberators.

Together with Paul Kagame of Rwanda, Yoweri Museveni of Uganda and Jerry Rawlings of Ghana they were proclaimed the harbingers of the generation that was set to lead Africa out of a decadent morass of administrative ineptitude, sleaze and building of personal empires of graft. They would place Africa on the superhighway to a progressive and democratic future. Never mind that the much-hailed first ever-parliamentary elections that were Zenawi’s passport to the tag of a democrat had been hopelessly flawed.

His Ethiopian People’s Democratic Front party had just garnered 98 per cent of the votes cast in a poll that had been boycotted by all Opposition parties. Never mind, too, that Zenawi had only recently reinvented himself from a military strongman – having first ascended to power as a tribal rebel commander in 1991, when he had overthrown another military strongman, Mengistu Haile Maryam. And finally, never mind the havoc and hopelessness that his transitional government had visited upon the separatist Oromo and Ogaden peoples between 1991 and 1995.

In the fullness of time, Zenawi’s repressive plumage has come to full growth. He can now claim his rightful place in the assembly of Africa’s other despots before him. He has perfected the art of winning flawed elections, having repeated his 1995 feat in 2000, and again this year. But his performance this year has thrown the country into an orgy of fatal riots in Addis and elsewhere.

Coming at a time when British Prime Minister Tony Blair is relentlessly trying to pass around Africa’s miserable beggar’s cap among the club of the rich nations of the world (the G8), Zenawi’s latest show of muscle is a direct slap in Mr Blair’s face, to say nothing of the great injustice it does Africa’s plea to the global community.

Particularly embarrassing, Zenawi was going to be Blair’s special flagship at the G8 meeting in Scotland, in the next few days. Zenawi was expected to make a passionate plea to rich nations, on behalf of Africa. He was expected to sell Africa as a continent increasingly in democratic and responsible hands, able to put foreign funds to accountable use.

But the bloody show of fiat, in which dozens have been killed, has not only seen Blair rethink his flagship, but also suspend all aid to Ethiopia. It is about the last thing Blair wanted to see happen in his ongoing push for Africa’s debt cancellation and quest for enjoyment of increased foreign aid.

But does the riddle of Africa’s perennial penury and indigence seem to lie in what sits at the bottom of the example from Ethiopia? Is it possible that debt cancellation and doubling of aid could never end, or even reduce Africa’s abject conditions?

It is instructive that in 1974 Mengistu took over power in a military coup in Ethiopia, invoking the name of responsible and democratic governance.

Having literally killed the misanthrope Emperor Haile Salasie in office, Mengistu promised his long suffering compatriots, who had witnessed their kith and kin starve to death while Haile Salasie fed prime beef to dogs and lions, that he would deliver them to glory land.

By the time Mengistu was getting ousted in 1991, Ethiopians could not tell whether life had been better under the emperor (the Lion of Judah, as he liked calling himself), or under the communist president. Today they don’t know whether life has ever been good under any one leader or the other.

The African problem is one of absence of institutions and instruments that guarantee sound and responsible government. The continent urgently needs institutions that can generate checks and balances in the exercise of power, thereby paving way to responsible leadership. From Mogadishu to Dakar, and from Cape Town to Tunis, the continent has yet to evolve vessels in which the affairs of government and management of the national economy can bid farewell to the continent’s poverty crisis.

The G8 could sweep clean the continent’s collective debt portfolio tomorrow morning. It could inject into Africa grants tenfold and engineer replacement of the present crop of leaders with new ones. But ten years down the line, the continent would still dither in poverty. It is instructive, for example, that at independence, the Zambian kwacha was twice as strong as the British Pound Sterling. Today you require over five thousand kwacha to buy one British Pound Sterling. What went wrong? The answer is certainly fairly complex. But one thing is clear, bad leadership due to lack of proper institutions of leadership has been at the forefront.

Of course those who ascend to power in Africa are happy to deliberately leave our institutions weak so that they can exploit them to entrench personal rule, complete with personality cults, institutional rot and gentlemanly looting of public property. Those out of the epicenter of power attempt to peddle themselves as ambassadors of change, but deep down they hope that they can discover some shortcut to power, with everything else being constant. That way, it will be their turn to eat next.

In Ethiopia and elsewhere in Africa, not even total erosion of debt can end poverty, no matter how passionately Blair and others like him wish to tame the monster on the continent. The starting point is, willy-nilly, the creation of enabling institutions. This is where Blair should redirect his efforts, if he truly wishes to see Africa crawl out of the morass of poverty. Anything less than this is to send good money after bad money.

Re

I have not posted this at all

Thank you

Re: Ethiopia Deserves a better Government_It does indeed

I doubt this is hardly a guy one can contemplate for the position he is seeking. My country can do a million times better than this pi*.

Check him out one more time:

Hailu:- “Possibly. They don’t know our culture, our behavior; how an Ethiopian behaves under different circumstances. There are many two faced people in this world. They don’t know this country in-depth; that is what I believe. And I don’t blame them.”

“Could it be that you, with your own political ambition, are using the current situation against the people of Ethiopia. You now are advising that aid should be reconsidered. Can you, yourself a man who served for two years under the so-called `Red Terror Regime of Colonel Mengistu…”

Hailu:- “Yeah.”

“This is more about your political ambition rather than for the good of the Ethiopian people.”

Hailu:- “I was the only person who stood up at that time and told the `Dergue:”You are wrong! I’m quitting.”

“How many years did you spend serving Colonel Mengistu?”

Hailu:- “Two years, two years or 1½ years.”

“Two years?”

Hailu:- “Yes.”

“It took you two years to understand that you were going in the wrong direction?”

Hailu:- Yes, it took me two years! We were trying… we were trying to get these people to take the right direction; even to take the try. We gave it a try…”

“Two long years?”

Hailu:- “But I don’t have access like everybody else. I don’t have access in itself. I’m just a technician. OK? I’m an expert in management…”

“You were a top official.”

Hailu:- “I have children. To protect your children there are certain things you do, but then, when you reach a certain boundary, you say “sorry I don’t agree with you, you are wrong!” If you are talking of my ambition, you didn’t do any homework on who I am?”

“I tell you what I talk about. I talk about you as a politician. I talk about your track record. I talk about what happened to Ethiopia under Colonel Mengistu. And I talk about where Ethiopia is today. It is making progress; for example it is educating its children, making progress economically. We have seen an 11 percent growth rate recently. It is slowly… slowly emerging from a terrible poverty under a leader that Western experts believe doing a decent job. And you are now trying to drag that process down.

Hailu:- “That process is already down. I don’t have to drag it down. Its record shows those 11 percent … I know those figures. I have been in the business of consultancy. These figures, you can screw them in any way you like.”

Konjet

Mr. Hailu is a lost minded man. I am happy you understand him.

Dear Ethiopia McCarthy,
Thank You for being concerned and, writting your comment. Iwas born and raised not very far from the school(ACS) where your father used to teach. I have a very good memory of the school and the Americans I saw and spoke too.

Email: solalm23@yahoo.co.uk

City: London

Dear Sole,
Do you really know what the names Ethiopia McCarthy stand for?
Ethiopia is the old ethiopia that Haile Sillassie butchered and starved millions people. That one is gone with the wind and new Ethiopia is ushered to the people of Ethiopia and the new one has endorced and accepted all her children. You should go to Altanta and epxereince where the thug of old ethiopia are crying like baby in order to go the power.
In addition, McCarthy has common denominator with the old ethiopia since it is the time when the Amerian people were imposed and harrassed and intimidated by the bloodly McCarthism political system. The rest of the history of this cruel period will find in the academic books.

Ibrahim,
This is what you wrote:

“the thug of old ethiopia are crying like baby in order to go the power.
In addition, McCarthy has common denominator with the old ethiopia since it is the time when the Amerian people were imposed and harrassed and intimidated by the bloodly McCarthism political system. The rest of
the history of this cruel period will find in the academic books.”

You are a pathetic sole!!! You are a heartless, motionless individual. What do you call the recent killing in Ethiopia, mercy killing? I hope you burn in hell!! Come clean, Ibrahim You hate Ethiopia so much you wish her anarchy like in Somalia.

Ibrahim,

You keep mumbling on about the old Ethiopia. Let me tell you something, whose rights and freedom is respected in mainland Somalia, a country of misery and destruction, no government.

You have got a nerve to complain about other Ethiopians.

If Ethiopians are bad to you why don’t you pack your bag (if you have any) and move to Somalia. I am sure you will find all the freedom and stability you yearn for.

You should wake up to reality and appreciate what you have.

Email: HA9beth_tes@hotmail.com

City: London, UK

To Yigrmal!

You said, "What do you call the recent killing in Ethiopia, mercy killing? I hope you burn in hell!! Come clean, Ibrahim You hate Ethiopia so much you wish her anarchy like in Somalia."

It was unfortunate to the recent killing in Addis-Ababa. As all of us would recall, unless our mind is blocked to see the reality the PM warned prior to the incident that let alone he wanted to see single life would be lost he don't want to see property destructed by anybody be it opposition party members or supporters.

Having said this, I want you to see the reallity on the ground by asking you a simple questions. If the demonstration was peaceful as some have suggested,why do you thing the so called oppostion party (UCD) didn't want to take respossibilty? Why did the chairman of the party again and again denied his awarness about the press release of UCD that invites public unrest to the BBC hardtalk when the journalist insisted he saw a copy of the document?

The government has a duty of restorring peace in the city. In this situation people died. Had the government distanced himself from restoring the peace, the situation could have been worse than we saw.

You said, "Ibrahim You hate Ethiopia so much you wish her anarchy like in Somalia."

Having different outlook from you, does ont justify Ibrahim is wishing to see anarchy in Ethiopia.

Please be honest to yourself before you dare to say so much that will lead you nowhere. Honesy start from yourself by approching the forum with your real name.

G/S:
Only you will try to find an excuse for the horrendous crime that was committed on innocent people of Ethiopia. For any person not to have any kind of remorse for what happened is appalling. The blame belongs to Meles and people like you only. CUD never killed any one! You know it. You cannot fool Ethiopian people. They know who killed their children. There is absolutely nothing wrong for CUD to ask the Ethiopian people to exercise their rights. Only you and Meles the hate mongers find something wrong with it.

What happened to you people to be this cruel? Were you all miss treated by your own parents, and now you want to take it out on Ethiopian people? How is it possible for so many of you to be this heartless? Knowing there are more than one Meles out there is threat to humanity.

Yigermal!

Why don't you come with your real name if you think you care about reallity. As far as, your hypocracy comment can tell honesty have no place in your mind.

Before I close my comment let me tell you something. I wonder if you were member of the past regime as some member are crying hypocraticaly while they seems to forget what they did while they were henchmen of Mengistu.

Finaly if you deny what UCD did to incite in Addis, who knows you could be one of the member of UCD. You deny your press release because of you born to do it.

G/S,
Are you drinking again? Didn’t the physiatrist tell you to stop drinking? I am worried about you, G/S. You shouldn’t mix alcohol and medication. It might cause you to harm yourself and others. Haven’t you seen what it did to Meles? He literally went mad and killed a lot of people.

GZ-

How dare you invoke the name of God when it's obvious you serve Satan.

eye, ethiopia

Mercy of god to you too.

You purport to be a religious person and yet defend the murder of innocent people. This is illogical. And you think I am the one in need of mercy from God? Sir, you need an exorcism.

G/S,
Huh…?
You know who the Heavenly Father is? Has he said anything to you about the killings in Ethiopia?

Friends,

It is nice to see my posting has attracted over 800 hits and over 100 responses. Gereselassie first tried to brown nose. I gave him a bad look. Then he tried to reason. I cut his reasonong into pieces. Then he started to insult me. He is the mouth piece of the government. I am both happy and puzzeled o see him preoccupied with my messages even after I have told him that Ethiopia McCarthy s non other than Mamo Qilo.

Josie Ethiopia McCarthy
Mamo Qilo

eye ethiopia and Yigermal!

God is the father of MERCY. Regardless of your sin, I will pray unto you.

Bless you.

GZ-

Do me a favor, don't bother.

Dear Gebreselassie Zemariame:
Thanks brother not to budge an inch for the children of settlers who are daydreaming to rule Ethiopia.
By the way, our honorable Meles Zenawi was in Sudan to particiapte in a ceremony that John Garang was swearing as Vice President. This is a historical moment for Sudan.
Moreover, Mr. Gebre do not bother this settler who do not see other ethnics as Ethiopian except those amharized in thier myopic and narrow outlook.
Look at their comments. They do not know how to dialogue and discuss the issue.
I beg them to discuss two issue if they are honest about ethiopian and democratization of Ethiopia.
Nevertheless, they never engage in civil discussion because they do not have an iota of truth in their camps(CUD).
For example, Mr. Nega who is the spokesman of CUD has admitted that Ethiopian has not known in its history a freedom of speech, but the opposition were given the right to express their opinions in the recent election. However, the thug, the murders and theives who have stolen Ethiopian money for century and told to the naive people such as Ethiopian McCarthy that Ethiopia is Christian country and we do not have other ethnic group except the settlers do not want to admit the truth.
Yesterday, the Amhara radio, VOA, has broadcasted a program where the fathers of settlers, chauvinists and fascits umbrella, Mesfin Woldemarion, Haile Goshu and a certain representative of Negede Gobeze have drummed a speech load with hated and violence.
Futhermore, let me tell a good news that I got from Dire Dawa and I was told that Somali Ethiopian elders have had a meeting with Meles last week and told him that they will separate in case the settlers will rule Ethiopia and fight until the last persons. They submitted a written letter to him and sent the copy to the Western Ambassadors in Ethiopia. They cited that Meles is the only candidate that is democratically ruling Ethiopia; otherwise, she will plunge to war.

Ibrahim Shardon;

What they know is to beat a drum with only one tone. They are bunch of people who are not created to accept reality. As you said if you raise important issue they start to twist the subject and strat screaming like a mad dog.

They think they are the only gifted people to be called Ethiopians. This kind of sentiment is nothing more than mental crisis. Mental crisis that will never heal even if you feed them with silver plate.

World is a witnessing at the moment what they are doing to destroy the on going ABC of democracy. I am not sure their final fate would be.

Cheers for Ethiopian people who deserve a true democracy!

Eye Ethiopia

My prayers work and thanks GOD.

Mercy of god to you forever.

eye ethiopia

GOD IS POWERFUL!

To Josie E. McCarthy;

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE RECENT DEVELOPMENT IN OUR HOME LAND?

G/Meles,
You are the biggest moron ever.

Belew,

Let us make one point clear. Gragn Mohamed was one of the icons of Ethiopian history, just like Yohanes, Minilik and Tewodros. I am an Orthodox Christian. Your reference to him as Siretam is an insult not only to the Muslim Brothers and Sisters on this forum, but on all who come in contact with your unfortunate language. It is a shame.

TT

Email: ttessema34@yahoo.com

ALL - I'm ****** of Eritrean! And I am here to expose Isayas friend leaving in the US Gebreselassie. He is posing as Ethiopian to mess with you all. He is infact Eritrean lik me. I an unhappy Eritrean and I'm tired leaving under the tyrant and have decided to expose the lie and the liers.....Don't waset your time Ethiopinas...

Email: gebre@yahoo.com

Taricu Tesema,
Let me tell you that I have never been against any religion. I am just struggling with those who infiltrate our forum which genuinly stands for the unity of Ethiopia.Listen to what "Gebremariam" wrote above-shaebians closer to Isayas are attacking us by messing in our beloved web site ER. Christians and muslims have long lived together in Ethiopia in peace and harmony,which I support very much.What Gran Mohamed did to the Ethiopian histry is to be left to the historians. We know also about our historical enemies- several Arab countries who spend millions of petrodollars to destroy our beloved Country through Shaebia for example.So my point is to show the evil deeds of those who do harm our Country, not against the moslims in general as you tried to accuse me.
Got the point?

Email: h.y.paulos@wp.pl

City: WLOCLAWEK

Belew,

Your remark was malacious. You cannot sugar coat it. You cannot wiggle out of it. If you were remorseful you would have apologized. You wrote i black and white the term "Shiretam" to refer to Gragn Mohamed's religion. You said it in a deregatory way. You wrote: "What Gran Mohamed did to the Ethiopian histry is to be left to the historians." Shure History will judge him the same way t would judge Yohanes, Minilik and Tewodros.

Mamo Qilo

Let me break it dawn,Gran Mohammed had issues how ever thier issues settled on battle field how they came to know Gran Mohammed and defeated,the question is who made Gran Mohammed lost and burried.The question is How Ibrahim became muslim?let him answer.

Dear ER,
Sorry for my foul word used & so now deleted by you Mr. editor, which I think is appropriate.
My anger comes out from the grave information that I recently received from my closest friends and relative in particular & the country in general.
I strongly support the ideas of Ethiopian friends like "Ethiop Mc Carthy"-I thank her with my all heart! Also appreciate the hard work of those like "Mamo Qiulo" are waging in the struggle to save our country! There are lots of genuine Ethiopians who wish well to our motherland. We all can judge them from the content of their messages. But there are also the well known foes of Ethiopia like "Gebreselassie Z.","Ibrahim Shiradon". Who are Implants of Sheabia/TPLF-Meles group/EPRDF, who blood suck & destroy our land. We have to distinguish between the friends & enemies. On this occasion I have to apologize also for mistakenly lining "Dilliger j1" with the foe- I've got him to be genuine Ethiopian.
Thank you for understanding.

Below

What is the criteria to be called one is Ethiopian and one is not? Is your mental in a normal situation at the moment? I doubt.

Gebreselassie,

It is a shame that the tugs in Colorado did such a lousy job on you. You should not have overcharged them to begin with.

I am going to start using your name. Do not say that Ihave wanred you. From today on I will use your screen name. To differentiate our screen names I will have a dot at the end of Zemariam. This way you cannot accuse me of using your name to confuse people. People can see the difference.

Gebreselassie Zemariam.

Mamo Qilo,
Thank you. You crack me up. Are you aware G/S new name is Ali.

G/S
For me the criteria to be called Ethiopian at this moment of time is:
The one who was born in that land despite his ethnicity religion…that struggles to save his motherland from foes, which are on the process of doing unprecedented damage, who is opposing this murderous & tyrant government, who opposes those who sold out the country,
The one who respects the will of the people, who doesn’t steal the ballot of the people, who doesn’t murder peaceful people, rob the country and keep in foreign countries accounts, doesn’t murder or torture University students, peasants, teachers, journalists or pilots.
The ones who don’t sell theire own conscious, who refuse to be part of the treason waged on their own people.
Even Meles who is partly Ethiopian could have been called Ethiopian.
In your case you can be called Ethiopian, if you were born in that land & confess to stop bleeding the country and the people, stop to support the dying tyrant, stop to sell your conscious for money. Despite the tragic blood shade is taking place, we should leave some space for peace and reconciliation, which might take place when the tyrant governments will be removed. But for the time being you remain to be a Foe – unfortunately for your deeds.
Wish you well

I hear by withdraw anything good I may have said about Irbrahim or G/S....they are full of areeee...and let us ignore the hell out of the....who ever reply to them is NOT ethiopian....

Email: mamo@yahoo.com

Ethiopan!

ARE YOU OK?

Mamo Qilo,
Don't you think this Gebrezelassie Zamariam. is the biggest moron ever created?

TO MODERATOR!

I CAN ONLY SEE LAST UPDATED ON JULY 4TH, 2005. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF REPLIES?