Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
no free meal

Let me start by saying victory doesn’t come with out sacrifice.

Let me lend you a small free advice based on my experience. When the Amahara came to Tigrai, and inflicted unimaginable horror upon the Christian people of Tigrai, undermined our history which they brag around as their own, when they tried to force their language and culture upon us, when they tried to prevent us from developing our land and use it, when they took our land and make it theirs, (Raya Qobo, Alamata, Wolkayit, Tselemti and Tsegde), and when they killed and maimed our youngest and brightest WE ROSE UP!!!!. We sacrificed 50 thousand dead and 70 Thousand wounded and we reversed all the wrong that was done to us in 17 long and bitter bloody struggle years.

They could not enjoy their temporary fake and stolen power in peace; instead they woke the sleeping giant Axumite lion by poking and aggravating him. Then TPLF was born and the rest is history.

Now, let’s come to your issue which is TPLF or the Tigreans. If you truly believe that they the Tigreans are horrible to you do what we did. Get up stand up for your right. But, and this is really big but, it is not by crying from the comfort of western countries. It is not by sending unarmed students and young people to do your dirty work. It is not by begging western countries to do regime change for you. It is not by creating rose and orange revolutions or banana revolution. No. None of the above means would get rid of TPLF and the Tigreans from your back.

It is only and only by organizing, arming and dying for your freedom. That is the only means no other. If you can’t do it, if you have no guts, or if you are looking for any short cuts, it does not work no, throne for you. Deal with what you have and make the most out of it.

Amharas you are many in numbers, of course you can afford to sacrifice about 60 thousand for your freedom why not do it, if you really think you are being oppressed.

Get up or shut up!!

Re: no free meal

Ezana,

You must be out of your mind to think that you got to Addis Ababa fighting by yourself. There were a lot of other Ethiopians fighting in the front line sacrificing their lives for their country, so they thought. When they arrived to Addis Ababa, those who were not Tigrayes were left behind and abandoned. You lied to them. You are still lying. You knew it all the time; you didn’t come to liberate Ethiopia from Mengestu. You came to rob, kill and torture the Ethiopian people. Congratulation! You will be remembered in history as the brutal regime in the company of Hitler and Stalin.

Ezana,

We intend to take power democratically. Then was 1980s this is 2005. The world has changed. Sorry if this disappoints you. Your master agreed for a democratic vote and He Got Served! Sorry if this disappoints you. We intend to take power without ging to the woods. By the way, you know Seye was the brave fighter of Tigray. Meles is half Eritrean. yet he has locked Seye up and thrown the key. What do you think of that. I feel sorry for Seye. Do you?

We promise we will let him go free when we take power.
All tose who fought againt Mengistu, including Hayeloom, Seye and many others are either dead or rotting in prison. So we have learned from them the more civilized way of taking over power is through a democratic process.

Mamo Qilo

Is this the unofficial stance of TPLF- it will not relenquish power unless mass killing is involved? So who is lying here? Ezana or Meles?

City: Maryland

Ezna,

Your arrogance is only superseded by your ignorance of Ethiopian history. Your attempt to distort and rewrite history may succeed in Mekele. Nowhere else. The maginficent historical Castles of Gondar speak for themselves about the significant role of Amharas in Ethiopian history. It is a shame to portray a sellout king Yohanes of Mekele as a hero. Your useless accusation and bravado doesn't merit a resopnse. I am doing it for the benefit of true Ethiopians.
Woyane didn't win the war. We let them in since we didn't like the Dergue regime. They will have the same fate dergue had.

Ezana,

I have a lot to say to you. I only have difficulty accepting that this is from somebody trully a tigrean. G/Sellasie/concerned, do you think this reflects the view of TPLF and TPLF supporters? My hunch is that this Ezana is an Eritrean guy with sinister motive.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area