Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Must be out of their mind

Shaebia, OLF, UCD, and individual Ethiopians are working tirelessly 24/7 to persuade the G8 (member countries) not to cancel Ethiopia's debt.

Will they get favorable result? I wonder if they do.

Give your thoughts.

Email: GZemariame@aol.com

Re: Must be out of their mind

Gebreselassie,

I like te fact that OLF and CUD are working tirelessly together. I even like the fact that OLF is now fighting for individual rights, which provides the fundamental basis for any democratc movement, as opposed to the stalinist oriented ethnic right that TPLF ad OPDO are promoting. In Ethiopian politics Shabia is inconsequential. If I were you I would worry about the fac that Your master is losing his power basis. What is Meles outside of tribal politics.
Again, thanks for your info that confirms Ethiopians of different ethnic group, religion and sector are coming together against your master. As to their effort to block the debt relief, the basis for debt relief are transparensy, respect of democratic rights. So I suport their effort to block the debt relief until Your master is brought to justice.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo

I like your response!

"Diha Behilmu Kibe Siteta Yadral" Yibekahal yihe

Gebreselassie,

I think I paralyzed you. Poor thing. You thought the information you posted was damaging. I showed you that it is your master who should worry and all you can muster is I like your answer. I told you your master needs to assign a more sophisticated propogandist and PR office on this forum. You are too obvious and too predictable in your approach and darn moron in your mental capacity. sorry for being blunt.

Cyber Bully aka
Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qilo

G/Sellassie,

The reason why we should continue to work 24/7 is stated clearly in the Times Jouranl, I will give you a quote from that:
"Handouts of Western grain may have prevented the swollen bellies and deaths of the past, but average incomes have fallen from about $120 a year to about $100. Life expectancy rates, and virtually every other measure of poverty, have all gone in the wrong direction."

This is in the face of another reality where billions of dollars is being stashed away by Meles and his chronies in the name of "endowment". I presume you are among one of the beficiaries. So, no surprise that it comes as a shock for you.

For Ethiopians, there is nothing more important than getting rid of the vampire Meles regime, the only way we can be sure that debt relief could be used to address poverty. Any thing which stands in the way of this is against the interest of the pwople. So will fight it as agressively as we can.

Yes we are dreaming. But we are sure our dream will come true soon. We will keep working 24/7 to realize that.

G/Sellasie, Do you remeber how we felt when Aider elementary school was bombed by Eritreans. our rage now is worse. We are doing every thing we can to prevent going to another cycle of armed struggle to transfer power which you think is the only legitimate way. I hope we shall prevail with out doing so for those of us who think this way are simply too many to counter.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Jadu!

"Komatan Komata Kalalut Sifetefit Ydral"

You said "G/Sellasie, Do you remeber how we felt when Aider elementary school was bombed by Eritreans. our rage now is worse."

Who are you trying to fool down? If you remember there were some politicians and groups of individuals that were happy when Shaebia invade Ethiopia. The reason was they were hoping Ethiopian government would weaken because of the ongoing war and they could grab power in short cut. I imagine you were one of those dreamers. Your comments speaks for itself.

If you were not one of them, your rage could not worse now. At least it could have been the same.

Understand? "Awko Yetgna Bikesekisut Aysemam"

Stop dreaming for the better.

G/Sellasie

My apologies, our rage is the same as when Aider elementary was bombed by Eritrean forces. What about that, would you agree? thank you very much for that. Only sick minds like yours would think people were happy to see Aider elementary school bombed as you seem happy to see innocent civilians being killed in the streets of Addis.

I strongly condemn both. What made the Addis massacre worse is that it is pepetrated by "our government forces". Do you get it?

However it gets across to you, the fact is that I and many like me have contributed our share to defend our country and our people then. We will do the same now.

Jadu!

I accept you apologize. Having said this, I want to make it clear one thing. No one in his right mind was happy to the recent killing in the street of Addis. I am sure there is a difference the way we see it from the angle of the ongoing situation in our home land and, I believe that you don't have a fragment of doubt about it.

To make it clear, I want to point few things. If you remember, the PM clearly banned a demonstration that could cause any kind of havoc in the city and if it happens the government will take necessary actions to protect the peace living of Addis city. Resisting openly to this temporarily ban, the oppositions pushed the youngsters to stage for un peaceful demonstration for the sake of their political gain. This creats the unfortunate situation for our fellow Ethiopians.

Knowing that the demonstration was not legal, peaceful and smooth, the so called opposition parties (orchstrators) for the whole mess claimed that they were not behind the curtain. This showed that the demonstration has lack of integrity. Had the demonstration been smooth and peaceful, the unfortunate situation could have been avoided.

Gebreselassie,

Do you know that the constitution does not give the PM power to declare a Marshal Law or ban demonstration?

The demonstrators have every right to engage in a peaceful demonstration. It is your master who imposed a ban illegally.

Second, the demonstration was peaceful in the first day. This did not prevent your master from shooting at peaceful demonstration.

Third, it was only in the second day that same demonstrators threw stone eve then after your Master unleashed Agazi soldiers with clubs and guns on peaceful demonstration.

Fourth, you do not shoot and kill 39 people and wound over 100. If the intension was to disburse demonstrators you have other ways of doing it. During Haile Selassies time they used tear gas and water. Your animals used machine guns. Sorry I listed four points. Your brain cannot eve process one at a time. If it did we did not need to remind you any of these.

I now understand what Mamo Qilo meant when he said you are not an effective propagandist for Meles. You are a moron.

ST

Solomon Tessema!

Well, you just come and start to insult me. "I am moron in the eye of you and bunch of morons."

Please don't bring shame upon yourself by using un ethical words.

Gebereselassie,

It is funny that you are telling me not to be unethical. Do you consider your poor attempt to justify the unjustifiable murder of 39 innocent students and mutiliation of over 100 ethical. I told you that (a) Meles did not have ay constitutional power to delare Marshal Law ot ban peaceful demonstration (b) the students have constitutional right to organize a peaceful demonstration. Yet you tried to defend the illegal action of Meles and condement the students. I must say again Mamo Qilo is right on the money when he told you that you are a poor propagandist and your mater should consider tossing you like a garbage and replacing you with one who can at least show some sophstiction. Moron.

ST

Solomon Tessema!

Final thought comes in my mind that you are just born to be yourself. So; it is worthless to have discussion with such kind moron person.

G/S

Tell me the difference between Mengistu who ordered to kill those who fought him with guns and Meles who ordered to kill those who opposed his decree with peaceful demonstration? Which one is worse?

Jadu!

Would you mind to give some explanation why the oppostion parties said they were not behind the the mess if the demonstration was peaceful?

Dear Mamo and Getahum,
My previous analysis and mindset were based upon the following explanation. In other words, you can put the 8 to 10 percent growth in the following context.
Ethiopian people are lacking two components.
First, the strenthening of civil society and its institutions and second the human capital, the raw material and the money that were siphoned from Ethiopia during Derg and Haile should be returned.
In addition, the consolidation of the state apparatus on the poor people should be demised because the elites are getting rich and aim at becoming the leading forces of the state. Those are the reasons that we observe Ethiopian elites to get to the power at any expense. For example, the recent demonstration that was plannned to get to the power by violence is a case in point.
If we, Ethiopian, should focus soberly on the two issues and forget to dream to sit on the power seat, we will minimize the struggle and the maraton to the power seat and channnel our energy, capital and human to the sustainble development. Our distorted perception will be remedy. And we focus on how to embark Ethiopian on a fair distribution of wealth and power sharing on equal footing which is the essence of democratic system if it can allude to it. Ethiopia growth will be in the abovementioned if Meles and his regime attempts to rectify the two issues and I do beleive that they are doing it.

Please read the next few paragraph that I got from economist and pay attention to the statistics where Africa is in the world:

One of the little-known facts about Africa is that it is a major exporter of capital. The World Bank estimates that by 1990, 39 per cent of sub-Saharan Africa's private wealth was held outside Africa; for south Asia, east Asia and Latin America, the figures were 3 per cent, 6 per cent and 10 per cent, respectively. According to another estimate, for the period 1970-96, capital flight from 25 sub-Saharan African countries was $193bn, growing to $285bn when interest was taken into account. This money is made up of the savings or surpluses produced by the efforts of Africans or siphoned off from the aid pump, and it represents lost investment and lost opportunities for entire economies and millions of people.

There is a strong underlying assumption in the UK-sponsored Commission for Africa report that strengthening the state will lead to development. Throughout most of Africa, strengthen- ing the state has led to more oppression, less accountability and greater underdevelopment. Since independence, political elites have suppressed or prevented the development of the civic institutions that strengthen society and provide a balance to the power of the rulers: not just an independent judiciary, civil service and news media, but popular groups such as churches, chambers of commerce, trade unions, universities and, of course, opposition parties.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

G/S what are you asking me?
Your masters started the Interhamwe rhetoric long before the election as a prelude to the upcoming shooting and declared that the opposition was behind it immediately after they massacred the innocent people. What do you then expect the oppositon to say? What kind of question is this?

My question is 1. what evidence do you have to say that the oppositon is behind the protest?
2. Even if they were behind teh protest what justifies teh killing?

Again, I will remind you of the obvious fact: Agazi forces shot and killed tens of innocent people and wounded hundreds. While, not even a single Tigrean was injured even by a thrown stone in spite of all the hate propaganda and "Interhamwe rhetoric".
Now tell us who was Interhamwe and who foiled it?

I will tell you the answer, the opposition and the great people of Ethiopia did.

I know your compatriots are working 24/7 to come up with a pluasible drama to show how "the oppsoiton were behind the protest, the violence and the killing". Very unfortunately for you, you are caught red handed this time. It would be a hell of a task to cover the truth.

We believe what we see than what we hear Mr.

Jadu,

I am puzzled by the point you brought. You said something about Agazi and no Tigrian was killed. Shame on you!

My friend, where did the puzzle come from? You asked:

Jadu! Would you mind to give me some explanation why the opposition parties said they were not behind the mess if the demonstration was peaceful?
I don’t take things in pieces. I try to see and show you the big picture. I am trying to remind you of your lies while telling you the facts. I responded taking in to consideration your previous posting about resolutions by…

"WHEREAS, both the winners and losers of the election are expected to accept the outcome of the election in a civilized manner and to nurture and strengthen Ethiopia’s young democracy, but instead the opposition parties have resorted to violent and illegal activities and are waging a campaign of hate against the Tigrayan people that foments unrest and ethnic strife;".

Now go again and read it:
G/S what are you asking me?
Your masters started the Interhamwe rhetoric long before the election as a prelude to the upcoming shooting and declared that the opposition was behind it immediately after they massacred the innocent people. What do you then expect the oppositon to say? What kind of question is this?

My question is 1. what evidence do you have to say that the oppositon is behind the protest?
2. Even if they were behind the protest what justifies the killing?

Again, I will remind you of the obvious fact: Agazi forces (meles’s forces)/ Interhamwee forces if you will, shot and killed tens of innocent people and wounded hundreds. While, not even a single Tigrean was injured even by a thrown stone in spite of all the hate propaganda and "Interhamwe rhetoric" alluded in the resolution too.
Now tell us who was Interhamwe and who foiled it?

I will tell you the answer, the opposition and the great people of Ethiopia did foil your interhamwee.

I know your compatriots are working 24/7 to come up with a plausible drama to show how "the oppsition were behind the protest, the violence and the killing". Very unfortunately for you, you are caught red handed this time. It would be a hell of a task to cover the truth.

We believe what we see than what we hear Mr.

G/sellasie,
What is your problem? Who assigned you to represent Tigreans. I, as a Tigrean don't need your tears of crocodile. Go to hell. GESKA YIRHAK.

Email: belayt01@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Belay!

I have never said that, I am hear to represent Tigreanns. It is your sick mind who told you to think that.

As you are a lost citizen, you ought to go to "Amanuel Ebdoch Hospital" since you are claiming you living in Addis.

G/sellasie

I am not lost citizen but I can show you the fact. This is part of a commentary By Siraj Kahsay in article "The dilemma of the Tigrians" Please, read it the full text from dekialula web site.

"Tigrians have sustained more pain because they have been subjected to a more ruthless security and propaganda apparatus that declared dissent to be morally wrong and legally criminal. Whenever a Tigrigna speaking individual ventures to air complaints or discontent the person is regarded by the TPLF as someone who is trying to exploit his ethnic origin as a Tigrian to gain favors from the authorities who are likewise Tigrians. Such a person would usually be subjected into humiliating and degrading treatment for uncommitted offense. Thousands of unfortunate Tigrians have been tortured by known or secret TPLF agents for nothing other than being a Tigrian. How many know that TPLF reasons that if a non-Tigrian dissents it is understandable; if a Tigrian ventures the slightest complaint, it is an ethnic disgrace. Further, even when such individual, under the pressure of inhuman treatment, "repents" and unconditionally submits to the wishes of the leaders, the person will never be forgiven for the simple reason that the person in the first place shouldn't have felt the need to question the unquestionable, namely, the lawless and callous rule of the TPLF. Every Tigrian is expected to adopt absolute submission as his ideal of equality"

Gere, please wake-up.

Email: belayt01@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Gebreselassie,its amazing how Melese pay you so well not only your mouth even your kit start talking.Who gave you the right to tell Belay he the lost citizen?the diffrence between you and Belay is that he(Belay) sees the evil intention and reformed Tigrian i might add he seen the light,in your case forget the light you're sinking deeper and deeper till no way out.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC