Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How much money Meles gets?

The leader of the richest country, the super power of the world gets paid $400,000.00, and the vice president makes $208,000.00 a year. How come Meles, a leader of the poorest country in the world has more money than them?

Re: How much money Meles gets?

Mogenet,

Meles and his wife reside over billions of dollars controlled by TPLF's criminal economic endevour. So the salary he makes is not going to matter much. For propoganda reason he may take only $1 dollar. Remember his income comes from the 110s of economic enterprises he, his wife and party owens.

Mamo Kilo

Since it is known that Ethiopia is the poorest country in the world for Meles and his bandits to have this much money then it should be easy for the whole world to know that Meles and his gangs not only killed innocent people but robbed the country as well.

Where is UN? Where is US? The facts are clear. Why don’t they investigate these thieves? How could they keep quiet when people are dying of hunger and diseases? Where are all these newborn Christian leaders? Why don't they stand for the poor people?

Oh!!! this makes me cry..... can you imagine millions of people have nothing to eat while Melese and Co earn more than a million per year and hide it in Western bank by the name of every single of their family member...I will leave this to God...time will difinitely come to punish them!!! "le hulum gize alew"

Meles and his wife as well as thier puppets ( WOYANE officials ) stole that money from Ethiopian people. There is no way meles could earn all that money unless otherwise it has been stolen from Ethiopian people. White Ethiopian people are suffering more than ever before, WOYANES are hiding the money that was given to Ethiopian people by rich countries and NGOs as a means of developement, to their forign bank accounts. Who knows how much more money they have hiden that has not been mention in the recent uncover. Ethiopian people have been rubbed more than ever before. No other regime has underestimated and abused Ethiopian people like WOYANE. One reason why WOYANES are not accepting defeat is becouse those real Ethiopian political organizations will uncover all get the money back to the people by the means of law. imagine people. These WOYANES came from the jungle. The didn't even have a real close to cover their bodies. They were walking around with under wears. How in the world can they get all these money while they are suppose to be public servants with public sallary ? I hope they will not get away with it. Ethiopian people are way smarter than these uneducated WOYANES to get the money back to the people before those WOYANES run away with it.

Email: alazarm@sbcglobal,net

City: Washington DC

Wogenoch!! this talk about Meles Zenawi stelling money is absurd. In the first place Ethiopia is a poor country and there is nothing to stell from empty coffer.Secondly, Mr. Blair would have been very angry and hang him up side down if there is nothing left for him.Ofcourse one could suspect Meles for giving a lavish party for his doughter graduation but it was later admitted by The sheike for financing it.But,I dont understand the motive why Mamo wants to change the subject from capital punshment to a meer corruption and adultery.How soon can one forget the death of 36 young ethiopians.

BEZA BEZA,

Are you that naïve? Or are you supporting Meles blindly? Are you aware Ethiopia receives more than two billion dollars in foreign aid? Do you believe that money goes where it is intended? The answer is NO!!!!

zenawi walks to Addis Abeba from the bush with his kalashinkov, bare footed and a rag on his back. He is now a millionaire.
All you need is your gun to be a millionaire in Africa.

Azenalehu,

Supporting Meles? You must be joking! why should I support a person who smells and walks like an Eritrean? I will never forgive him for stealing Assab. Let him be eaten by lucifer!the 2 billion dollars? that I guess he invested a lot for a betterment of Addis Abeba. But, the ungrateful people choosed CUD. I guess that is why angry Meles took revenge on 36 lives.There must be a way to stop him from doing more damage to our people. And that is way I say let us concentrate on saving lives instead of money

BEZA BEZA,

Have you heard that saying –“money is the root of all evil” The individual who said it must have known somebody like Meles and his gangs. Instead of using the money to fight poverty and diseases, they used it for their personal gain.

How are you going to fight hunger, sickness and overall poverty with out money? How are you going to save lives with out money?

Meles has so far a known amount of 41 Mil. But that is a mere mirage. Why does Woyane cling to Ethnicity? It is because ethnic based political and economic structure is the strategy to control Ethiopian national wealth and enrich the fast emerging Ethno-bourgeois class. It is for this precise reason that the life and death of these class is bound up with ethnic fragmentation of Ethiopia and ethnic based enrichment of Woyane and relatives. Any person who does not grasp this most basic fact of the Ethiopian politics knows nothing about why things happen the way they do in present day Ethiopia. It is all about money big time. So called ethnic rights and blha blha is mere strategy used by Woyane. You want to hit Woyane where it hurts? Get to the issue of Ethiopian unity, get to the dismantling of Ethnicity. You want to hit the deep pockets of the corrupt ethno-bourgeois headed by Meles & co., get to the deletion of Article 39. In short, you want overthrow the currpt killing, rigging, lying looting class, dismantle the corrosive Ethnic system from Ethiopia. YICHALAL!

To Beza beza,
What are you talking about? are you an idiot or are you Woyane. Stup.....

Aznalehu and Dadi,

meles Zenawi has a good solution to fight poverty and disease.And that is beging, beging and beging. By stooping low and compromising our souvernity, so far he has managed the debt we owed to the world community written off 100%. recently,since his beging techenic has been reinforced by world class PR like CCN, I hope there will be more food and money to come in the near future.To bad we had great expectation from Christain Amanpour and her collegue. Unchractersticaly, they avoid the killing fields and went to Tigrai and Wollo. Amazingly there was some thing peculair in the message Meles and his gangs wanted to convey to the donors comunity and us. Could it be the paradox of the Amhara and tigrai killil? In Tigrai, there is no rain and fertile land but hard working people all the way from children up to old. Whereas, in the Amhara kilil there is rain and fertile land but lazy people who wait for hand out. What do you say, do I smell Woyane?

To poster and all repliers;

It is wasting of time to argue on something that could not be prove as a true.

The initial news about stashing money in foreign contries comes from Tensae Ethiopia Radio (based in Atlanta, GA.

How could you people would be able to take this as a true and argue for nothing since it has lack of evidence?

Email: GZemariame@aol.com

BEZA BEZA,
Begging is not the problem, I don’t think. The problem is what he does with the money after he gets it. Every time I see a dying kid from hunger my eyes filled with tears and I ask God- Why? Why? It is very hard for me to understand the level of cruelty of these people. They are fully aware of the number of people that die of hunger and diseases on a daily basis and yet Meles and his cronies choose to stash away the money for themselves. The kind and hardworking, polite people of Ethiopia have suffered for too long. When is it going to end?

Yesterday I was anxiously waiting to watch on CNN, Christiane Amanpour’s report from Ethiopia, I am sorry to say I was disappointed to see the focus was only on one province, Tigray. The same thing happened the last time when the movie star Brad Pitt and Diane Sawyer from ABC went to Ethiopia, their attention was in Tigray. How about the rest of Ethiopia? I knew this was going to happen. Meles’ people are evil geniuses. Ethiopian people need to be ahead of the game.

Aznalehu,

You are absuletly right. It is not begging as such that is the problem.Infact begging is good if we can use it for something holy purpose.That is why I cant accuse Meles of corruption.There were times Meles and his gangs spend billions of dollars on expensive war mechines. But those were what we have commonly approved to protect our souvernity when the Shaebia gangs wanted to snach our land. Then we were over taken by passion and couldnt care less for the end result. Now, how can we accuse Meles stealing money when infact it was Seye who spend it on whisky and women? For this we share common guilt if we have to.

BEZA BEZA,

YOU DON'T MAKE SENSE!!!!

Aznalehu,

With due respect, I was trying to find answer to our misery and your question "when is it going to end? "
Collectively we have done many wrongs and disappoint our lord. One must accepted his guilt to get mercy from his Lord otherwise, Eloohe,eloohe, lema sebekitane wont do. Bless you.