Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Are we Psychologically Traumatized as Society?

Are we Psychologically Traumatized as Society?

Reading some of the messages on this discussion forum and many others I am beginning to ask my self if we are psychologically traumatized as society. We do not seem to be able to engage in political discourse without screaming at each other. The other day one of my critics wrote a confession that he and his 14 years old son spent part of the night crying about Ethiopia. Another one posted a long message telling me why I need to express my love and he advised me not to be afraid to say I love you or I hate you.

Some of our compatriots seem to be haunted by the ghosts of 100 years ago and cannot mange to bring themselves to discuss what is happening to day and in what shape or form we can influence the future with out dwelling in the happenings of 150 years ago. They need not a lesson in political science, but an exorcist that can get the demon that is tormenting their soul from within. I truly think that we are a psychologically affected generation. May be a group therapy is what we need.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin aka
Cyber Bully

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

Re: Are we Psychologically Traumatized as Society?

Mamo Qilo;

You said "May be a group therapy is what we need."

We ought to see first if it works with you. Please let us know ASAP.

Email: GZemariame@aol.com

Mamo Quilo is not known for is wisdom, but fully. He do you expect to engage in a serious discussion with Mamo...changing name & style may help...and don't raise too many questions without good reasons...that can traumatize so many

Mamo Quilo is not known for his wisdom, but folly. How do you expect sensible people to engage in a serious discussion with Mamo...changing name & style may help...and don't raise too many questions without good reasons...that can traumatize so many...

Gebreselassie Zemariame,

You asked me if to let you know if a group therapy would work for you. I am not a psychologist, but I think your case goes beyond therapeutic treatment. You need to be put on a high dosage psychiatric medicine in a psychiatric ward. If that does not work for you ask your doctor to put you in a zoo. Your master acted like a wild animal when he butchered peaceful students. You are no better than he. So try a Zoo. Sorry therapy is not for people who act like animals. Sorry, I wish I can tell you therapy would work for you.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo,
I did understand the motive of the "qimou molla". I am having difficulty getting what you are up to here. I am sure you are expecting something out of this. What is that you are after? Do you think this is the way to bring people to proper discourse, logical argument etc. while giving in to other's views now and then? I don't think the pyschologists will advice your current approach.

The winning formula is the one you have been engaged in so far: persistently and consistently defending what is comon sense and serve as a role model. That is what has won you respect by many and definitely influencing others to follow suit.

I don't like the current appraoch. I hope you aren't getting too frustrated. My brother, don't despair.

By the way, I was to respond to quimou molla but resisted the temptaion to respect my promise not to endulge myself in to the issue any further.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Dear mamo,

I belive that you usually discusses based on facts and he urges others to do so. You advised us to write facts not fictions. Thanks to you that i am now able to ask the following questions

1- What does psychologically traumatized society mean?
2- What are the symptoms of a psychologically traumatized society?
3- Is engagement in political discourse screaming at each other an indication of a psychologically traumatized society?
4- If your answer is yes for No.3, is it the only indication required to call a society "psychologically traumatized"?
5- You mentioned some messages posted in this forum are your samples to make your "research?!", were these the only samples taken?
6- If the answer for No. 5 is yes, is the sample size large enough to make a research on a society? If the answer is No, what were your additional samples?
7- Repeat the above questions for "psychologically affected generation".
8- What is group therapy?

Regards,
Mamule

City: Addis

Re: Democracy is NOT voting, but counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gues Mamo Qilo is a speech writer of the Prime MONSTER Meles NAZIAWI. I live here in Ethiopia and listen, "patiently" and once in a while, to the thoroughly censored tools of the go't, TV and Radio. I listen the bragados and bravados of the Prime MONSTER. I see no difference between what Qilo tells us here and Qilo's role model the monster pours out AS IS (Endewerede) day in day out. What Qilo is trying here is to let us divert our attention from the current burning issue and dwell on non core innuendoes that stand at the periphery. The issues Qilo raises we can, if necessary, discuss them after liberation. Our full time occupation at present should be to expose the TPLF fascists. Qilo sometimes becomes a quack psychologist, at another time a political scientist, and still at another time a PR expert, just to cite a few what he pretends to be. Qilo tells us the election was democratic. He also tells us it is unprecedented in the history of Ethiopia blah blah blah. All these are uncalled for. He is an agent provocateur of the TPLF fascists. The facts on the ground tells us the MONSTER wanted to gamble with democracy. By the way he is a first class political gambler. This nasty behavior of his has costed Ethiopia a lot in the past 14 years. He didn't know gambling with democracy is a risky business. Democracy proved itself to be not suitably fit for gambling. Either you are pro democracy or not. No joke. Realizing gambling with democracy is humanely impossible, Meles ,on that very election day before counting the votes was completed, declared victory and state of emergency banning any demonstration or outdoor gathering. The whole world knew the MONSTER goofed and his true fascistic self came out. I don't think Mamo Qilo knows democracy is NOT voting, but counting. I repeat: DEMOCRACY IS NOT VOTING, BUT COUNTING. MY FELLOW CITIZENS ON THIS BOARD, I URGE YOU TO TOTALLY IGNORE MAMO QILO AND DISCUSS ON THE BURNING ISSUES OF THE TIME.

Email: hagere_ethiopia

City: Addis Ababa

Dear Mamule,

You asked Mamo, "What does psychologically traumatized society mean?"

Well, how about these:

1 - Where the rulers of the society do not belong to the ruling language of the society.

2 - Where the society’s majority composition are not allowed to reflect on the political landscape.

3 - Where the past is more important than the future.

4 - and, most important of all, where the “truth” is corrupted in an emotional squabble!

Please, let us stop being a society of dream weavers. Nothing can be solved unless we start to face the fact as fact, the truth as truth.

Jadu and Mamule,

The motives of this message for me are two. One is to ask questions and to understand what it is that seems to bedevil us. Why is that the most educated, PhDs and JDs amongst our ranks, who have lived in the most democratic nations around the world, particularly the US, UK, Australia, France, etc cannot understand what democracy is all about. What is it that the so called opinion leaders both by their level of education and years of exposure to democratic culture act as though they are henchmen of Bakasa, Mengistu and Meles? The second is why do some of our enlightened and seemingly well educated brothers and sisters find it difficult to get over and beyond what was done to their ancestors by this ethnic group leaders or by another?

In light of this, I wondered if the problem that bedevils us is more of psychological in nature than political. I thought I should throw this more as a question and encourage discourse. What does psychologically traumatized society means, and what are the symptoms of a psychologically traumatized society. Let me first make one point clear. May be my initial message should have been clear that by traumatized society I meant to address the misguided and disoriented elite than the Ethiopian society in general. Traumatized society means a society that suffers from the emotional wounds of years of political and social crisis. Traumatized people, just like traumatized individuals, tend to engage in a self destructive cycle. They tend to be addicted to violence, alienated from each other and trapped in a vicious cycle of destructive behavior. Their symptoms include, but not limited to, suspicion of everyone that thinks, walks and talks differently, they see every one as a potential or real enemy and they are prone to engage in a self destructive behavior than to engage in a mutually beneficial negotiation.

One of you asked the meaning of group therapy. By group therapy I meant to say soul searching and understanding the Psyche that seems to torment us.

PS: Hagere Ethiopia, I did not forget you. I am ignoring you.

test

I gues Mamo Qilo is a speech writer of the Prime MONSTER Meles NAZIAWI. I live here in Ethiopia and listen, "patiently" and once in a while, to the thoroughly censored tools of the go't, TV and Radio. I listen the bragados and bravados of the Prime MONSTER. I see no difference between what Qilo tells us here and Qilo's role model the monster pours out AS IS (Endewerede) day in day out. What Qilo is trying here is to let us divert our attention from the current burning issue and dwell on non core innuendoes that stand at the periphery. The issues Qilo raises we can, if necessary, discuss them after liberation. Our full time occupation at present should be to expose the TPLF fascists. Qilo sometimes becomes a quack psychologist, at another time a political scientist, and still at another time a PR expert, just to cite a few what he pretends to be. Qilo tells us the election was democratic. He also tells us it is unprecedented in the history of Ethiopia blah blah blah. All these are uncalled for. He is an agent provocateur of the TPLF fascists. The facts on the ground tells us the MONSTER wanted to gamble with democracy. By the way he is a first class political gambler. This nasty behavior of his has costed Ethiopia a lot in the past 14 years. He didn't know gambling with democracy is a risky business. Democracy proved itself to be not suitably fit for gambling. Either you are pro democracy or not. No joke. Realizing gambling with democracy is humanely impossible, Meles ,on that very election day before counting the votes was completed, declared victory and state of emergency banning any demonstration or outdoor gathering. The whole world knew the MONSTER goofed and his true fascistic self came out. I don't think Mamo Qilo knows democracy is NOT voting, but counting. I repeat: DEMOCRACY IS NOT VOTING, BUT COUNTING. MY FELLOW CITIZENS ON THIS BOARD, I URGE YOU TO TOTALLY IGNORE MAMO QILO AND DISCUSS ON THE BURNING ISSUES OF THE TIME.
Email: hagere_ethiopia

City: Addis Ababa

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

City: Addis