Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ethiopian music

Hello,

i'm a french student making a historical and sociological research about Ethiopian Music of the 60's-70's. I try to collect every possible documents and personnal recollections about Ethiopia at that time, and of course about musical and night life.

Does anyone use to live in Ethipia at that time? Or do you know someone I could contact?

Thank you

Best regards

>
>
>Thomas HENRY

Email: thomas.henry81@wanadoo.fr

City: Paris

Re: Ethiopian music

Dear Mr henry,

I recomend you the folowing website for Ethiopian music. You can contact this site and they might help you.

http://www.addislive.com/index.php

Email: wbinyam@yahoo.com

I sincerely apologize to Thomas Henry
Frog you are the most vulgar Ethiopian I have ever seen.
Are you insane? You should learn some manner. What kind of attitude is that? frog you put the image of Ethiopians in to disgrace. I believe Thomas deserves a good apology from you. It is in Music among other things that we can promote the image of Ethiopia and its friendly people. Unfortunately Ethiopia is usually portrayed by the media only by famine and political instability and this kind of comment and offensive language aggravates the problem even more.

I think moderator should have to do something about this. Recently in this forum I have noticed some foul comments and personal attacks, some people should have to argue their point rather than using insulting language

Shame on you frog!!!!.
I urge everyone to help Thomas Henry; I hope you will enjoy the essence of Ethiopian music.
cheers

City: melbourne

Frog,

What kind of Moron are you Loser?

Frog-
You don’t know Mr. Henery. You shouldn’t judge him.
We are all frustrated. It doesn’t help to use profanity on strangers. (You are only allowed to use it on Meles) This is not the way to win the hearts and minds of others.

Thomas HENRY,

I wish I could help, but I know nothing about the subject. Perhaps, you may consider doing the research outside of this forum.

Good luck dear!

Not knowing "Frog" it is difficult for me to speculate on his/her reason for saying what was said. But it is not uncommon for enemies of Ethiopia to identify themselves as Ethiopians while doing or saying things that tarnish Ethiopia's image. Supporters of EPLF, TPLF, OLF,...have done it all their life

Anyone engaged in research knows that the opinion of few let alone one individual represents the population. Therefore, I am confident that Mr. Henry will not give much value to Frog's rude remark.

Continue your quest to know more about Ethiopia and its people.

moderator,
Where are you? why are you not dealing with frog? What is acceptable and what is not in this forum? I am getting confused!!

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

For the sake of mother Ethiopia, I do apologize Mr Henry. Sorry Sir/Pardon moi Monsiour.
Regards
Frog the loser.

Mr. Henry,

There are a couple of other wesites that have old and new ethiopian music collection. You may find them helpful in your reasearch.

1. www.ethiopianow.com
look for ethiopian music under the menu
2. www.ethioview.com
Look for ethioview-music and click on that.

www.addislive.com has also ethiopian music collection but I guess you know about that.

good luck

Mr. Henry,

Contact the owners of the websites I mentioned in my post above. They might be able to help you. If you want to listen to the musics in the websites, you need to have winamp and real player media players in your computer. Addis live requires AOL's winamp media player. Musics in ethioview and ethiopianow websites require a media player - real player.

hope it helps

Let's forget about Mr Henry. He is at wrong time and at wrong place to ask this kind of question. I am a bit concerned about Mr Henriks real mission like Frog. There are many foreigners who are trying to misguide our innocent Ethiopian people. I didn't mean Mr Henry. But I don't mind Frog's comments except the curse he is using.
Dear Frog,
Becareful I will eat you a live when you come out of your water-hole, unless you stop cursing. It's not allowed here.
Please ppl, let's forget about Mr Henry . We need to worry about our country ETHIOPIA now.
regards
City bird

I know some one here who is working on the same topic as you are, if you leave your e-mail, I'll contact you as soon as I can, at the same time I just want to ask one question, why all of a sudden I hear too much interest on the Ethiopian music of the 60's and 70's specially from France? A French man by the name Francis is working hard to get all the collection the 60's and 70's and produce it as Ethiopique and another women is making a documentary movie, is there some thing fishy about this which we don't know? and don't reap the reward, just suspecious.