Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shut down the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington DC

Tuesday, June 28, 6:00 PM

The Ethiopian Embassy, the Executive Committee of the Africa Society of the World Bank Group-IMF and the World Bank Institute are hosting a conference on June 28 to address how to transfer technology to Africa. After the conference, Ambassador Kassahun Ayele will host a dinner reception at the Ethiopian Embassy at 7:00 PM.

Please write and call the World Bank and the Nelson Mandela Institute and express our dismay by their decision to join hands with the Ethiopian regime that is engaged in mass killing and torture of Ethiopians.

The World Bank Institute's Dr. Frannie Leautier, Vice President of the World
Bank Institute (WBI): 202-473-1000
The Nelson Mandela Institution (202)473 9826
Dominic K. Ntube, Ph.D: Tel. 202-458-0338; Fax. 202-473-8299
Gbemi Adeniran: Tel. 202-473-6534; Fax. 202-676-0961
Boubou Cisse: Tel. 202-458-4170; Fax. 202-676-0961

Those of us who live in the Washington DC area, let us gather in front of the Ethiopian Embassy on June 28 at 6:00 PM to relay a strong message to the World Bank officials and the diplomatic corps.

Let's block the entrances of the embassy in a peaceful civil disobedience. This is to demand justice for the June 8 massacre of our people.

Please spread this info to all concerned Ethiopians in the Washington DC area.

Re: Shut down the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington DC

It is like drinkind the blood and eating the fleshes of the brutally killed civilians if they accept the reception.

Email: shultz@yahoo.com

City: Amesterdam

it looks our ambasador only know eating and drinking

Email: abdul@hotmail.com

The aid money these fascits receive from international donors should not be used on steak and champaign and for buying support for zenawi and for the enjoyment of his officials. Thes guys who intend to to go to this feast should examine their conscious and think about what the Ethiopian people are going through.
Our people can not even go out of their homes to buy bread for fear of kidnap and arrest by the woyane police.
-our people live under fear and surveillance every day of their lives.

Any body with a sense of dignity in themselves can not contemplate sitting around a dinning table with the woyane criminals.

Americans, or the ferenj as a whole, dont care about our blood. They care only about thier own comfort. They will only start talking when half of the country get killed. Like Rwanda. Meles having his interhamwe militia, locally known as Agazis, or Agases.

Cher yaseman.

Email: abathun@yahoo.com

City: BD

The fundamental challenges facing us as Africa proceeds to address transfer of technology is lack of good governance and the rule of law. There is no question that the world has a right to pass judgment on the state of Africa's governance. But it is Africans ourselves who bear the responsibility for action, including the tailoring of our own approaches to our problems. Narrow political considerations, personalized power and corruption have undermined the process of democracy and responsive governance. But although I understand that achieving outstanding democracies will be a long-term proposition in some countries, my own view in my own country is that the movement should not take forever. I believe that Africa's civil society and its international friends should establish an expectation that democracy be universal in Africa. Absent any gross threats to the survival of a state as such, should this goal take more than a decade? I think not.

Email: eskalem@yahoo.co.uk

City: Washington DC

It seems that not enough people have called the world bank officers and the other invitees. I just learnt that the party is going to go on as planned and an african leader is the guest of honor.

We need to call these people in large numbers and we should do it now.

Those of you in the DC area, please, please get out in large numbers and show your support to the voiceless millions in Ethiopia.

”The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Ethiopians who live in DC u have to tell for da hodam world banck "sewye" what is he doing? maybe he don't even know what happned in addis.

Email: nebyu_worku@yahoo.com

City: Toronto Canada

I am not such embrassed by what Ethiopian Embassy, particularly Ambassador Kassahun Ayele, is going to host a dinner reception at the Ethiopian Embassy to the Executive Committee of the Africa Society of the World Bank Group-IMF and the World Bank Institute. It's a copy and paste of his colleagues Meles, who had a party with his daughter at Sheraton while his daughter classmates' blood was flooding on the street on June 8, 2005. Ruther I really appreciate the idea to shut down the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington DC at that date. Let’s block the embassy and disclose their shames. The ‘dirt’ party!

Email: teshager_til@yahoo.com

City: Chicago

The phone # for Dr. Frannie Leaurier is actually 202-473-5707. Please call. I just finished talking to her assistant and it seems this is the first time they heard of this. Please call

Email: cradministration@sbcglobal.net

City: San Francisco

My advice to my fellow Ethiopians:
All those whose passport has expired need to renew it now. It is always wise to stay on alert. The ambassador and his assocoiates themselves without notice and disarray will pretty soon apply for political assylum here in the US. For they themselves are not too sure what the future dictates in tems of the current political turbulance in Ethiopia.

As head of the consulat, the ambassador is able to contribute to the well being of the students and the innocent civilians of his own people (Ethiopians). And that can be done by sacrificing his position as Ambassador in exemplification of concerted effort to protest against the unlawful act his government is currently excercising.

Mahathama Ghandi, Martin luther King, Nelson Mandella, Emperor Tewodros all these and much more famous leaders of this world disregarded their postions for the behalf of the benefit of their own people. Ofcourse Christ who disregarded his devine throne and died for the behalf of the benefit of people stands as the symbol of righteousness in terms of sacrificing self for the benefit of others. I do not expect such great undertaking from these so called Ethiopian leaders. But the chance is there. If the Ambassador of Ethiopia to the United States fails to protest the unjust killing of 120 lives, the brutal treatment of students and innocent civilians including the detention of 4800 people; as well as the continued mistreatment of the public as a whole, he will be reminded of it soon as the anticipated arrival of victory to the people of Ethiopia is pronounced.

To shut down the Embassy at this time will not benefit us. We must be aware of the fact that the woyanie regime is as always the dog of the west. We should leave that to History.

But my friends, there is more important and a ticking time bomb that we need to seriously consider. And that is the Eritrean situation. All the senarios of the past clearly indicates thAt THE ERITREANS WITH THE HELP OF THE WOYANIES seem well equipped and ready with full force and in alert for military action to assist the Woyanie regime if all fails in favour of the woyanies. THINK ABOUT IT!!!

City: Washington

NOTICE:

ETHIOPIANS and comrades in arms residing in and around Washington DC, Virginia, and Maryland. I contacted Dr. Frannie Leaurier's office last week and again this morning to protest about the cocktail dinner to be held for IMF delegates at the Woyane embassy in the name of Ethiopia.

I was shocked to find out that IMF is unaware of the event and the reason for our protest. Even more shocking is that they were unaware of the cocktail dinner that was cancelled for the Black Congressional Caucus, because of the same PROTEST.

The IMF is completely ignorant of the situation in Ethiopia because of the misinformation they keep getting from the government of Woyane. It is pitiful that such a prominent global institution is totally ignorant about killings going on in their client country. They have no clue about the crisis in Ethiopia.

I URGE YOU ALL ETHIOPIANS PARTICULARLY THOSE OF YOU RESIDING IN THE TRI-STATE AREA TO GET ON THE HORN AND START PROTESTING TO IMF, DR.FRANNIE LAURIER AT 202-473-5707. WE HAVE A MORAL DUTY AND OBLIGATION TO OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO ARE SUFFERING AND PERSIHING AT THE HANDS OF THE BARBARIC AND MURDEROUS GOVERNMENT IN OUR COUNTRY.

LONG LIVE OUR PEOPLE!

NOTICE:

CORRECTION: IT IS THE WORLD BANK NOT IMF.

THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS WE MUST CALL URGENTLY RMEMEBR, YOU ARE DOING IT FOR YOUR OWN SUFERRING BROTHERS AND SISTER WHO LIVE IN DESPAIR AND RISK OF ANAHILATION IN THE HANDS OF THE SAVAGE AND UNCIVILIZED LEADERS OF WOYANE GOVERNMENT.

The World Bank Dr. Frannie Leautier, Vice President of the World
Bank Institute (WBI): 202-473-1000

The Nelson Mandela Institution 202 473 9826

Dominic K. Ntube: 202-458-0338; Fax. 202-473-8299

Gbemi Adeniran: 202-473-6534; Fax. 202-676-0961

Boubou Cisse: 202-458-4170; Fax. 202-676-0961

NOTICE:

ETHIOPIANS and comrades in arms residing in and around Washington DC, Virginia, and Maryland. I contacted Dr. Frannie Leaurier's office last week and again this morning to protest about the cocktail dinner to be held for WORLD BANK delegates at the Woyane embassy in the name of Ethiopia.

I was shocked to find out that WORLD BANK is unaware of the event and the reason for our protest. Even more shocking is that they were unaware of the cocktail dinner that was cancelled for the Black Congressional Caucus, because of the same PROTEST.

The WORLD BANK is completely ignorant of the situation in Ethiopia because of the misinformation they keep getting from the government of Woyane. It is pitiful that such a prominent global institution is totally ignorant about killings going on in their client country. They have no clue about the crisis in Ethiopia.

I URGE YOU ALL ETHIOPIANS PARTICULARLY THOSE OF YOU RESIDING IN THE TRI-STATE AREA TO GET ON THE HORN AND START PROTESTING TO WORLD BANK, DR.FRANNIE LAURIER AT 202-473-5707. WE HAVE A MORAL DUTY AND OBLIGATION TO OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO ARE SUFFERING AND PERSIHING AT THE HANDS OF THE BARBARIC AND MURDEROUS GOVERNMENT IN OUR COUNTRY.

LONG LIVE OUR PEOPLE!

I wish you guys now what you are writing and arguing about.

Best wishes to all!

Email: GZemariame@aol.com

NOTICE

Gebresselase, your statement echo's what the fascistic Woyanes also say.

So, why don't you tell us what to talk about or say in the face of the brutal human tragedy taking place in your own home land, the mother land that gave you life and nurtured you, in spite her poverty.

ETHIOPIA, your own mother is stretching her hands to the likes of you for help, to lift her from the abyss of Woyane repression, while grieving the death of her beloved children.

Gebresselase speak up, are you not human, have you no compassion, have you no conscience, have you no sense of right and wrong, have you not evolved any sense of justice?

Please post a larger sign so people see the urgency of this call. It looks so insignificant as it is posted in your site right now... please change it.
Amesegnalehu

Email: aacklog@yahoo.com

City: VA

Reply to " name" :
I am not sure why you think it is not important for us to go out and demonstrat tomorro.
Sorry my brother we can not sit on the side and watch EPRDF's representatives
put a show as if what they are doing to our country and our people is good and applaudable. We have to go where ever we are called to demonstrate, to make our voices heard loud and clear that the Meles regim is evil, thief, and a bunch of liers and killers. Our brothers and sisters are being killed, and you don't think we should go out and scream and cry if we have to ? I don't know what you r thinking .

Email: aacklog@yahoo.com

All these propogranda is really supposed to win peoples heart? I think you guys are not thinking. Think before you say things. At the end of the day carelss actions, and opening big mouth is not good for everyone.

Email: LKLA@yahoo.com

City: Sacramento

Re: Re: Shut down the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington DC

This is reply to Aacklog

I am NOT at all suggesting against the demonstration. I am all for it. We have to expose the filth of woyanie. We must make sure that the rest of the world is aware of the atrocities that is currently underway in our country.

I am only suggesting that shuting the Embassy will have no positive impact on the much needed democratic peaceful election process as well as elevating the rights of the people. I believe for now we need the deplomatic connection with the West because that is the only available source we are left with to vent our frustrations and to convey our messages through to the rest of the world.

In fact what I suggeted in my comment to the ambassador is for him to sacrifice his ambassadoship so his exemplification in abolishing his position would stand as a testament for the cruel leadership of the woyanie regime.

Simultaneously, I am suggesting that we need to seriosly consider the movement of the Eritreans because of the silent preparation that could possibly explode when things are not in favour of Woyanie.

My friend we are in it together. And together we will triumph.

We will come and block the Embassy,
The are Going to eat and drink the blood of Innocint Ethiopians,

Email: guluma@yahoo.com

City: DC

Let us give Ambassador Kassahun a hell and let the world know our anger and yearn for freedom, democarcy, and peace!

Email: bdemissachew@juno.com

This a good idea. Thank you. You guys are the best.

Email: n_ethiolover@yahoo.com

City: Portland, OR

Together We Sand and the evil from Our beautifull Ethiopia will go away very soon. We need to stand and stay together.

Moderator,we'll shut down not only in Washington.DC but all over the world where hodame propogandist are.The fire has started no turning back one way or the other.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

We, people living in Ethiopia, are curiously following what you (Ethiopians living abroad) are doing. We would like to express our sincere thanks and praise to you. You have done a great job for the freedom of your county. We are proud of you!!!!!!!

Continue your protest till we get the weyane regime down. Let you all get together today in DC and show the participants that they are entering into the dinner party where everything is made of the blood of innocent Ethiopians. We are with you with our prayers.

Email: endrias2005@hotmail.com

City: Addis Ababa

Let us keep on speaking and exposing the evil;

He who is alive speaks for silence is an attribute of the dead.

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. “Martin Luther King Jr.

Email: kinfuassefa@gmail.com

City: Amsterdam

Stoping donation will not hurt the government but the poor ethiopian people,be risponsible.

Email: kassates@yahoo.com

City: london

Hi GUYS, Read this mail important.
It is a good idea, but don't forget that all Africa Union staffs (non Ethiopians)here in Addis are gathering to discuss on the issue of relocating the Head office of the Africa union out of Addis. The issue was raised by Senegalese Ambassador to AU and Ethiopia residing in Addis. Senegal Dakar is one of the potential cities selected on west part of Africa.
Don't forget AFRICA DEVELOPMENT BANK MOVED FROM ABIDJAN TO TUNIS (TUNISIA) WITH MORE THAN 3000 STAFFS......
Most African countries representatives in Addis are happy with what happen on June 8.

Read Fortune news paper two weeks ago abour press release of Alpha Konare about the moving the Africa Union to other part of Africa.

Email: bethiopia@freemail.et

City: Addis

Solomon from ECA, So what the meeting is different from the from the dinner invitaion. we are blocking the Diner at Ethiopian Embasy. by the way do you think Meles and his people worry about AU seat. do not be fool the are very happy of it. they don,t mine even for Ethiopia including Tigray. they only worried about the mission of Esayas. by the way almost all Eprdf High positions are from Eritiria blood and stand for Eritiria. You Just take an exmaple of Assab and badime, the never argued againist it. rather they seconded every Esiyas Request. any way we are under Eritiran Clony-Beijazur) this is what gaster me. Sorry for that See Ya

Email: agegnehub@yahoo.com

City: A.A

I would like to tell for all peace lovers Ethiopians please this is our time to put upside the Melese regiem so what we are waiting? By any means we have to obstacle his duty.Therfore please call them.

Dear Moderator,
I wish you banned Ibrahim Shirdon. I dont think this is a right place for him!! Please, only consider Ethiopians and people who love Ethiopia.

Regards,
Derese

i dont belive ...the ppl of ethiopian are dieng for democrcy and freedom an food etc..but our evil presidant have over 52 million dollar in his accunt who knows haw much will be in his wife and cheldrens accunt.....so he has more than what he wont.... .nathing left for thos poor ppl maybe he still wont more thats why he dasnt wont to give up.

Email: meskerem29@hotmail.com

City: fiji

Reply to Solomon from ECA;

Can you tell me what the AU did to help us out of our crisis? why not it go to hell. When was last time the the African Union come to rescue us from repression? Where is the African Union's say on the election fraud undertaken right infront of their nose? I know it concerns some people working around there but that is nothing compared to the majority of the Ethiopian people suffering under a dictator. For me I will put my people first and support to block the ethio embassy in DC.
Solomon, never mind you might move with AU to their new location.

Email: deregehab

I wish I could be living around the tri-states and participated on the demonstration. Please you guys get strong and resist any fatigue.
God be with you.
Death for the Weyane and its puppies.
Mike
Dallas

Email: mick_ab2003@yahoo.com

City: Dallas

NOTICE:

I WISH TO ENCOURAGE AND EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE TO ALL FELLOW ETHIOPIAN AND FRIENDS OF ETHIOPIA WHO RESIDE IN THE TRI-STATE AREA OF WASHINGTON, DC, ASSEMBLED BEFORE THE RESIDENCE OF THE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE RUTHLESS WOYANE DICTATOR, MELES ZENAWI.

WE ARE PROUD OF YOUR DEDICATION AND DEMONSTRATION FOR JUSTICE AND DEMOCRACY FOR OUR SUFERING PEOPLE IN OUR BELOVED ETHIOPIA.

LET THE STRUGGLE CONTINUE EVERY WHERE UNTIL MEN AND WOMEN OF GOODWILL TAKE NOTICE OF THE HUMAN SUFERRING THAT CRYS OUT WITH DESPAIR

MAY THE ALLMIGHTY BLESS ETHIOPIA AND DELIVER HER CHILDREN FROM THE ABYSS OF SATAN OTHER SON, MELES ZENAWI.

NOTICE.

This reply to " name ":
Dear Yager lij, I know we are in this together, we are just experessing different views on how to show our deep opposition to wayane and what they are doing to our country.
You mentioned that the choice we now have is to oppose diplomaticly ? But, my friend you know that all diplomatic efforts the opposition tried to deal with wayne has not worked. Instead they are being delath with killings, tortures, and you name it. So, this should be enough evidence for us to believe that wayne will not yeald to diplomacy and civil discurse. I am also sure that you know that all the little bit of attention the dire situation in our country got from the west is due to our screams and crys that we did in the last 2 weeks, so won't you say we are making some difference ? I agree with you on every thing you said, but just this.
The Eritrians thing you mentioned scares me, and so all the more reason for us to go out and scream our lungs out until the west stops support to wayane and comes out and condems it in no ambigiouis terms.
I hope you will change your mind and come this evening to stand with us.

yager lij

Donors should know that there would be no peace and stability under the Meles regime in Eth. The regime has lost the election, committed crimes... and has to go first. Donors have to stop dealing with a dying regime as though it represents the Ethiopian people-- if fact, they are supposed to denounce what the regime is doing to the people. As suggested, demonstration at the Eth Embassy in DC is one of the effective ways to send the messages of the Ethiopian people to such powerful organizations. This is a good and rare opportunity and let us do it!!!!

Email: wazeleke@yahoo.com

I just called one of these offices and I heard that they can't cancel the reception, but they are trying to change the site. Anybody who gets the latest site information, please let us know.

Email: frehun@yahoo.com

City: washington, dc

Please condemn the defenceless and unarmed killings of University students by the Tribal TPLF goevernment of Ethiopia.

Email: bob_0101@hotmail.com

City: Greensboro

I don't think it is a good idea to be in Ethiopian Embassy tonight. Who cares! Do you think it makes any differece in the current situation in Ethiopia. I doubt it. Instead, we should wait until July 8. CUD will probably get some more vote. Then we live in peace.

Email: zee1966@yahoo.com

City: New York

This is a reply to Aacklog
Of course I will definitely be there to join my Ethiopian Friends at the Embassy tonight. I enjoyed your comments. YES what scares me more is the Eritrean situation.
For instance you called me yager lij; I love it. don't you know issayas is using the same adjective to encourage his brother melese? I believe he does.

Allow me to take you to the current and past scenarios which I strongly believe is an evil scheme designed by Isayas and melese deliberate to destroy Ethiopia. and please correct me if I am out of line on the subject.

1. Right after the woyanie took power the first administrative decision was to grant Eritrea the so called freedom and officially through the United Nations detach it from the rest of Ethiopia.

2. The second major action taken by the Government again was to build Eritrea's economy and make the new nation self sufficient.
Such administrative measures were to sell Ethiopias raw material and farm products with little or nothing to eritrea. The initial intention is to help introduce Eritrea to the family of the world market.

3.As the war entensified (which errupted due to teritorial dispute) the Ethiopian army was getting the upper hand and progresively advancing into the heart of Eritrea's capital, but by the Prime Minister's order the army is instructed to put halt on the fighting and to return home immediately. A clear cut strategy of action designed to save Eritrea undoubteful from futher deterioration.

4. The secretary of foriegn affairs Mr. mesfin was qouted saying "we won" when the Algiers summit unanimously voted to include Badme as part of Eritrea.

5. The Eritreans in ethiopia were sent back to Eritrea (planned exodus) because they were denied the previledge of Ethiopian citizenry. The Ethiopian Government in turn, after they completed phase two plan of annexing tigray with Eritrea and strategizing war plan for second attack with Ethiopia, were allowed to return back to Ethiopia. Most of all, the returnees were authorized to reclaim their previous possessions in the following fashion: a)to claim and possess their previous residence , b)to seize their previous jobs and positions c)to collect retroactive pay.

6. The well trained Eritrean army located at the border is currently estimated at 300,000 the Ethiopian army at the border is only 48,000 (source UN). The Police force in Addis has surrendered its weapons.

7. The airforce has by the instruction of the Prime Minister relocated to mekele considered to be the strategic location for fast and effective response at time of attack. This leaves Ethiopia without sound defense and barely with inefficient ground force.

8. Melese is half tigray half eritrean, so is siyoum mesfin, but Mr. berket is 100% eritrean.

Is this enough senario to conclude that Issayas and the current Ethiopian administration are eritreans???

Now my friend, If the Eritreans in Ethiopia loose the election and most probaly will, Is it not ones good judgement to imagine that their eritrean brother from asmara will furiously rise to lend a hand to his brothers in the south???? I believe he will. That is my fear and open discussion. We realy need to see the big picture. When melese commented about the Interhamwee What is in the back burner????
see you this evening!!!!

solomon from ECA raised a valid point that needs priority consideration.Lets put reason above our emotion. The fact that Addis is the capital of AU is a huge pride to our country in regards to job opportunies, cash flow & overall image of the country. Governments come and go .
FROM KUMA KULLO

Email: sworku@shaw.ca

City: canada

I WILL BE THERE. THANKS ER FOR THERE HARD WORK. AMBASADER KASSAHUN MUST RESIGN.

Email: awashmel@yahoo.com

See ya'll at the embassy....

Don't forget to bring water, lots of water

If you have fishka (whistle) bring that as well.

AND DON'T FORGET OUR FLAG!!!

City: Arlington

“ I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Wherever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must - at the moment become the centre of the universe…” Elie Wiesel
Nobel Peace Prize Laureate 1986

Indeed, we all must take sides.To stand for the dignity of humanity is to face evil and to do what ever we can for the triumph of our common good.We must take action. What the Ethiopian people taught us is that the action of an individual can move mountains. They believed in that and they voted with a remarkable paitence and civility. So, let us not under estimate our individual contribution. After all a society is a collection of individuals.Isn't it?

Email: alem671@hotmail.com

City: Ottawa

Worku,
You said, "The fact that Addis is the capital of AU is a huge pride to our country in regards to job opportunies, cash flow & overall image of the country."

Do you seriously believe all that is worth the lives of innocent Ethiopians? Think, brother.

To hamy
You moron what you talking about. You don't understand what the world is this time. you think by you muscles. I can tell you why we do this but for your kind of ignorant good for nothing, why.
The meleses the bunch of thieves and murderers, your god father, will pay back for what they did. They sold our port land, water and have the power. Now they do whatever they think help them stay in power. They killd innocent people, imprisoned and torture. We will expose them to the world by telling that there are this kind of killers in the 21st century.

Email: abera@hotmail.com

You think that you are hurting the EPRDF government by voicing your dismays to the World Bank. Do you think that World Bank has the power to change the politics in Ethiopia? World Bank can only suspend economical support and this will hurt the poor Ethiopian people as whole, not you, not the Ethiopian gov't. Emotional hatered against each other will not take us any where. I also wonder whethere you showed equal concern and sympathy when other Ethiopians from other regions were killed and tortured. Badeno, Gambella during EPRDF can be a case in point. Derge also killed more than 2500 people in Hawzen market area. Please, undersatand that there is no less or more Ethiopians. Let's condemn all types of inhumanity committed against Ethiopians.

correction
Ethiopians are always against inhumanity. Ethiopians starting from the kingdom, derg and the worst woyane have been oppose and struggle against inhumanity according to the situation or the time allow. It is the truth.

Email: hagos@hotmail.com

Yager leg esti kom belen enaseb! Le mehounu ye houlu emotion le and alama yemeslegnal, esum lagerachen edgetna le hesbachen belsegna, mechem kaltesatatku. Yeh kehone tadya menew yagerlge mengestenena agern meleyet akaten? yawem endhi beseleten na kuhulum belay le hager tekem silu bayamnubetem yemerchaewn wetet be tsegae yemekebelu sewoch balubet ager tekemten, hagerachen ke eda nesa endethon le echunet setekerb mekawem, yeh ethiopiwent new telutalchew? hilina yalew yefred. Yager leg yetarik tewkash endanhon hagrenena hezben lemetekem neger telewawach behone mengst sem banegodat ena kome belen besekene aymero ensb. Lezehem Gta amlak yemised aymro yesten.

How did demonstration at the WOYANE Embassy (DC) go? I hope it went well. .... Let's know for those of us who were unable to attend for the demo... Thank you

Power To The People
God Bless Ethiopia

TO ALL DEDICATED ETHIOPIANS IN THE TRI-STATE, DC AREA.

I WISH EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE TO ALL FELLOW ETHIOPIAN AND FRIENDS OF ETHIOPIA WHO RESIDE IN THE TRI-STATE AREA OF WASHINGTON, DC, ASSEMBLED BEFORE THE RESIDENCE OF THE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE RUTHLESS WOYANE DICTATOR, MELES ZENAWI.

WE ARE PROUD OF YOUR DEDICATION AND DEMONSTRATION FOR JUSTICE AND DEMOCRACY FOR OUR SUFERING PEOPLE IN OUR BELOVED ETHIOPIA.

LET THE STRUGGLE CONTINUE EVERY WHERE UNTIL MEN AND WOMEN OF GOODWILL TAKE NOTICE OF THE HUMAN SUFERRING THAT CRYS OUT WITH DESPAIR

MAY THE ALLMIGHTY BLESS ETHIOPIA AND DELIVER HER CHILDREN FROM THE ABYSS OF SATAN OTHER SON, MELES ZENAWI.

NOTICE.

I couldn't express my gratitude for the wonderful job you, ethiopians, are doing in DC. I would just encourage you to stay strong and continue the struggle.

Great that you made the demo. they are drinking and eating ethiopian blood. Keep up the good work. all ethiopia is with you.

Email: wbinyam@yahoo.com

GO DC GO what a great job. My beloved Ethiopians in DC we are all proud on all the action you take. May God be with you. Thank you.

Email: ddebela@yahoo.com

City: Vancouver, Canada

UPDATE: June 28, 11:40 PM

Angry Ethiopians confronted EPRDF ambassador and World Bank officials in Washington DC

Starting at 6 tonight, hundreds of Ethiopians gathered in front of the Ethiopian embassy in Washington DC to confront the EPRDF ambassador Kassahun Ayele, as well as the World Bank (WB) officials, representatives of the Nelson Mandela Institution, and African diplomats who were invited for a dinner party. When the protestors arrived, food caterers were busy setting up tables and preparing a bar for the outdoor event inside the embassy compound.

After a short while, as the protest became loud, the embassy staff and the caterers moved the food and drink inside the building.

The invited guests started arriving at 6:30 PM. They were greeted with the following chants:

Shame on you! How could you wine and dine with mass murderers?!
Meles Zenawi is a fascist! He is a mass murderer!
He must be brought to justice!
Kassahun Ayele is a pig!
Diplomats, World Bank officials: stop wining and dining with murderers!
Walk away!
Nelson Mandela would not wine and dine with fascists like Meles, Bereket, Kassahun!
You are drinking the blood of our people!

A few of the invited guests, after looking at the demonstration, turned around and left. One of the guests came outside, told the protestors that he didn't eat any thing and left the party.

The President of Senegal was expected to come, but he never showed up.

The protestors were so loud, and the pictures of murdered people they were carrying were so graphic, it's hard to imagine any human being with a conscience would eat and drink in the midst of such a protest a short distance away.

Even though there was a heavy security presence, the protest was peaceful, and the police were professional and respectful, as usual--in a stark contrast to the fascistic federal police in Ethiopia who shoot to death unarmed civilians.

Reply to Ethiopiawi:

Dear anti-Ethiopiawi, you are a banda. You don't have any clue the difference between the killing by EPRDF and by Derg. The killings of the Derg were dennounced and condemned through out the world, that was why your Woyanes have got the chance to come to power. But the killings of Woyanes is in the name of Democracy. This killing was done on the most peaceful and innocent people. If you like to know the killings in Hawaze were with misinformation given by Woyanes that the area was the teritory of the Woyane rebels. I now well understood the claims made by some people saying this Hawaze drama was planned by the Woyanes themselves. The way they kill innocent people in Addis clearly indicates that they will do whatever dirty tricks they think as long as it means to give them power. They are cold-blooded murderes. Do not try to fool yourself.

Email: nathenael@hotmail.com

City: Frankfurt

To all the brave Ethiopians who showed up at the Ethiopian Embassy, THANK YOU. The pulling together Ethiopians in the diaspora in this time of need is unprecedented. I am proud of you all peace loving zegoch in the DC area.

Email: samuel_van@hotmail.com

City: Vancouver, Canada

I AM PROUD OF MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS AROUND THE WORLD! THANKS A LOT FOR WHAT YOU DID INFRONT OF THE ETHIOPIAN EMBASSY; DC. DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU WIN!

That is fine. You did it nice. Ethiopia needs citizens like you people not so many forged pigs like Bereket, Kasahun, etc

Let us be strong forever to meet our dreams in our MAM for every citizens.

Down with those pigs!

Email: kuratekere@yahoo.com

City: Ambo

We are extreemly proud of Ethiopians living abroad, (the diaspora) , for the intense struggle you are making in all directions.I am confident to say that with out your fight we would have been eaten long ago by butal woyanes.Please keep up !!!!!

Bravo all Ethiopians abroad!!
Bravo Ethiopian review!!
Bravo Ethiomedia !!

Thanks Moderator for Ur explanation,
To all Ethiopians in US- We have no words to say about your effort..... We love you
from Ethiopia

Well done all in US. We are proud of you! We love you!

All the Best!

Email: mhunegnaw@gmail.com

Why don't we invite our grand singer's song 'megibema moltual amlak meche nesane YEFIKER REHAB NEW EGANE YAKESANE!!!' for those who are pleased by our suffer.

And I am sure that the time is very near to avoid those eviles once for all from our holy land.

God be with us!!!

You Ethiopian really doing well!!This is the one.Keep doing such kind of intellectual against Weyane!

By the way, what happened to Kassahun Ayele. I met him several times in Addis when he was a Minister. I thought he is a level headed and a rationale person. Is he still serving the TPLF fascist regime as their Ambassador in America. Hey Kassu wake up and seek asylum in America. You don't deserve to be a house maid of a fascist regime. Above all you have to have the courage to sacrifice your comfort for freedom and democracy. Please drop me a line or two in my email address. I will tell you who I am. And you will be surprised when you know me. I used to be very close to you. If you made up ypur mind I can arrange for for you how to go about. Maybe you will live a much better life with a clean conscious.

Email: Geoffrey@telecom.net et

To Ambassador Kassahun Ayele:
My email address is as follows
Geoffrey@telecom.net et

Email: Geoffrey@telecom.net et

Salute to Ethiopian Review

Dear ER:

To all dedicated and tireless staff of Ethiopian Review, Elias and the able, and intelligent ER Moderators.

On behalf of all freedom yearning Ethiopians and especially our brothers and sisters who are rendered voiceless: We salute ER for shouting out their pain, We salute you for echoing their pains and anguish, We salute you for your commitment to enable Ethiopians to discuss and exchange their views and express their anxiety on your forum, We salute you for going the extra mile to verify and corroborate the varsity of your reports in spite difficult circumstances, We salute you for providing this significant medium for communicating and informing our people in Ethiopia and throughout the diasporas.

ER, continue your noble and important service to all freedom-seeking people of Ethiopia and beyond. We will support your efforts in every respect possible.

NOTICE

Dear Ethiopians living in Washington DC:

I'm very much proud of you on having that big confrontation with the EPRDF ambassador in DC. It's really a great success for you to make the president of Senegal not appear in the party and others realise that they were wining with the brutal fascist weyane regime. We, the Ethiopian people, are very happy for this.

I urge Kassahun Ayele to read about the comment given by Geoffrey Smith and act accordingly. It's good for the Ambassador to start thinking and take actions soon. Mr Ambassador, please email to Geoffrey Smith and learn something from him immediately.

Email: endrias2005@hotmail.com

good on u my ppl in american .....dont give up the fight untille those evil give up the power.love ethiopia and my belove ppl...long live for CUD

Email: konjet30@hotmail.com

City: australia

People in Diaspora, I’m proud off you. Your determination is giving us here(in Ethiopia) a fuel to move faster and better against the meles, bereket regime. Please, continue. Ethiopia will not have future as long as these two evils are on power. The hostility is already burst above the surface. There is no a single trust to this gorilla based government by the people. Even those who act as if they are working to these government are not mean it. because of fear and uncertainity they are still surving these criminals who have millions of dollars in foreign countries. We are asking for our right facing hostility with bullets. You are demonstrating to tell the truth about Ethiopia to those who are ready to listen. You have to convince the international community about the situation in our country. Don’t get tired, don't be careless, we are your brothers and sisters who suffers lots for years, ethiopia is your country, if the situation was different, you all could have the full right to work and live here. Don’t think about your time or money. We, here in Ethiopia are facing the enemy as far as with our blood and life. As long as meles and bereket are on power, the 72 million Ethiopian people will suffer worst than what is now. We have to continue with our struggle until the leadership position is taken by the true people representatives.

Email: Hi@hotmail.com

City: A.A

U filled the gap!

When we dont have mouthes to speak and when we are devoid of roads to to take our cases to be heard, and when these simple human rights cost us lives as already seen, u filled the gap representing out shut-up mouthes and our blocked roads.

United, lets remain!

Naty

Email: natyget@yahoo.com

Job well done!!!!! I wish I live around DC to help u guys. But I will do my best to inform and motivate friends and family in DC area to paticipate in this kind of activities. i hope others will do the same.

Email: haklilu@gmail.com

City: Jackson

Way to go ... my ethiopian brothers and sisters. Wea re proud of you.
Thank you "Ethiopian Review" for leading teh fight.

Email: moges@yahoo.com

City: Nazret

Mamo:
I want to be apologetic if I did offend you. I didn't mean it. Coming back to your response, you said, it is okay to ally with criminal thugs who persistently commit "political killings". But with Hitler, you again said, it is wrong to make any alliance. Have I understood you correctly? It is my inference. Let me repeat myself for a better clarity. You said, 1.Meles is NOT a fascist 2. The killing of Meles is a political killing. 3. Alamudi allied with Meles who commits a political killing, but not a fascist. Are you following me? Read your comments again. You are condoning alliance with those you don't call fascists, but commit political killings. Hey, please Please Please, for heaven sake, condemn what Alamoudin did. Last time you said, "Alamoudin allied with Meles before the killing". You said, "he didn't at first know Meles would be so cruel and would send his butchers for a shooting spree". May I remind you the thousands killed during the last 14 years. Thousands ONLY documented by human right organizations all over the world, including Ethiopian Human Right Council. Do you for a fraction of a second doubt that Alamoudin knows the minutest detail about what happened in Bedeno, Arbagugu? Do you doubt that Alamoudin knows a man by the name Getu was skinned alive in Arbagugu? Do you doubt Alamoudin knows the recent massacre in Gambela? Do you doubt that Alamoudin knows Assefa Maru, a human right activist, was executed in a broad day light early in the morning while he was going to office? Do you doubt that Alamoudin knows the TPLF fascists are determined to commit more attrocities in the coming weeks or months? Do you really doubt Alamoudin knows the TPLF fascists have stashed away millions of dollars in foreign banks? Do you really doubt that Alamoudin knows AAU students were gunned down for going to the streets opposing the then UN boss, Boutros Boutros Gali? Do you really doubt thousands of Ethiopians were/are forced to flee their country fearing for their life? Do you reall doubt that Alamoudin knows Prof Asrat was denied treatment and he eventually died? Do you really doubt Alamoudin knows Ethiopian journalists are being jailed, maimed and killed? Do you really doubt Alamoudin perfectly knows that tens of thousands of Ethiopians were dismissed from their jobs just because they belong to the "wrong" tribe? While writing this to you I was moved to tears. I let out a loud groan and my 15 years old boy came close to me and said, "minew Baba?" I told him it is just my usual worry about my country. He stared at me and said, "Baba it is over. Weyane alkoletal" I said, endafih yadirgilin. I told him what Alamoudin is doing. He quoted a proverb " yihe ken yalfina, selatom yihedina, yastezazibenal yager lij tiyina". he further commented, the guy is a mindless, useless drunkard. Well... here we are Mamo. You let me cry when I try to do a mental travel and remember the crimes of weyane and its financers. Bye my brother. You are right. Let us lay down this case to final rest. Pact! Okay?

Tadias Yager lij,

I am glad you were able to make it yesterday. And, I hope you screamed and shouted loud :-).
I can't agree more with what you said will be a very likely senario if and when the defeat of wayane becomes public. I only hope and pray that this senario will be avoided by any means possible.
All we, in the Diaspora can really do at this point is support the opposition by having our voices heard to world governments so they see how Melses is deceiving them and the Ethiopian people, and by making much needed financial contributions. I believe, however insignificant our crys may seem to some individuals, they are being heard and being noticed.

On a lighter note my friend, you scared me for a minute when you compared my calling you yager lij to Esayas calling Meles the same thing...minew ibakih ?
talk to you...

i would like to thank the people of washington DC and surrounding areas also whoever participated on the demonstration in front of the embassy. this is a part of the strugle to bring democracy for our country. keep doing what you do. Thanks

This is a very shameful act. This is an embarrassement to all Ethiopians. Our tradition is to give at most respect to our guests even if at time of crises. Is it not enough that we are voicing our opinion through demonstration? Do we have to crash parties to send our message. This is so uncivilized and out right shameful?

I wish the government takes action on the publishers of Ethiopian Review. They are the ones who are inictigating Violence? For what? To sell their papers which is dying out because no body wants to buy it any more. They should barr them from entering Ethiopia for ever.

City: USA

Genet

As you exactly put it, the graduation party of Meles Zenawi's doughter was decorated by the blood of our brothers and sisters. Or shall we apologize that the grim picture of the country should not have affected the extravaganza? You must belong to the "post Ginbot 20 selected few" who dare say "why dont you eat cakes if there are no breades?"

Naty

Email: natyget@yahoo.com

Outstanding ER, just outstanding. You are doing a great job and you need to be commended for that. I believe the protestors got the call for the demonstration on your website. I haven't seen it on any other website. And I believe they heared you very well. Keep doing what you are doing. Best wishes. Power to the People

Email: alem24@yahoo.com

City: Houston

I am really proud of the real Ethiopians in Diaspora. specially yeasterday's shut down of Ethiopian Embassy in Washington DC. Wow I wanted to shout, cry so that I can express my feelings we are denied here in Addis.
Keep on doing this GOSH!

Genet:
You are the one who should be banned from Ethiopia's soil.
Anci WOYNE !

City: MD

Genet-

It is hard to comprehend how some people try to justify what Meles and his cronies have done to Ethiopia. These bandits have brought Ethiopia through sickness and starvation to its knees. They have taken food and medicine away from the sick and the hungry and stashed the money in foreign banks. These thugs not only robbed the country blind now they are killing its citizen.

You have seen the pictures of young dead Ethiopian bodies. You have seen the pictures of grieve stricken mothers. You have read the horror stories of what the detainees have been going through. How could any one in the right mind justify what Meles has done? I hope and pray you open your eyes to see and open your ears to hear of what the Ethiopian people going through. Any one of us supports this evil doing, I am afraid we are as evil as Meles is.

Hi Gobez,
It was a wonderful demo yesterday evening . The messeges were delivered to the guest who came to the Embassy. One thing I was so greatful was to see so many young Ethiopians to care for their dead brothers. I said keep it up! you do not have to have weapons to fight, but to satnd together is more than bullets. Lets be ready for the nect week Atlata's demo on the 7th and 8th of July 2005.
" Fight for freedom and be strong for the outcome"
" We need to be together for this fight"

Email: tabebe@att.net

Keep it up Yekeraw!
Hulachin Andnen Lagerachin!

City: Silver Spring

I am proud of the childrens of breave Ethiopians who are peace fully inquiring Justice from the international community for those ethiopians who were gun down by the dectatorial rigem of ethiopia. Please keep up the good Job.
Thank You All.

Email: s.yemenu@att.net

City: Newyork

First, let me pay homage to the true sons and daughters of Ethiopia. I would mention two in particular - Mesfin Aleberto, Hagere Ethiopia and Arat Kilo for exposing and disarming Mamo Qilo and show the readers who this menacing character is. Second let me ask Moderator why Mamo Qilo is not banned from this forum when those wo are defending Ethiopia’s interest such as Arat Kilo are under constant threat that they would be banned?

For those who have any doubt about Al Amoudi here are some undeniable facts. Mamo Qilo, please don’t bother to respond.

First, Al Amoudi gave the infamous graduation party for Meles daughter. At least one person has resigned from Sheraton after he realized that the bill was signed by the general manager of Sheraton as "on the house". It was too much for the person to see his employer throw a lavish party during the same week 36, if not the very same day, the blood of patriotic Ethiopians was spilled in Addis and over 100 were brutally wounded.

Second, the person who resigned informed the local media that there was another party for the son of a well known business man, but it was canceled at the order of none other than Al Amoudi to give the largest ball room to Meles's daughter.

Third, Al Amoudi has given TPLF the following financial support. And all this has been documented and published by the local media at the time. All the dates are in Ethiopian Calendar. July 26, 1990 (30,000,000 Birr). August 12 1993 (6,000,000 Birr). Shortly after this he was given a prime land next to Gion Hotel to build Nani Building, the tallest building in Addis. Septemebr 4, 1996 (12.000,000). Is this a coincidence that within a month he got a loan from the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia to the tune of $110,000,000 to finish the construction of Nani Building, which he was not able to finish for the last 2 years due to lack of cash flow.

Fifth, you may also find out from the tax people in Addis that Al Amoudi has not paid a penny in tax for the last 4 years. A heroic Ethiopian who was the head of the Addis tax collection unit was forced into early retirement after he was suspected of leaking this info to the local Media. This was also a talk of the town during the time. Only those who do not want to know the do not know about this public secret.

So my people, I leave the judgment to you as to why for the first time Al Amoudi jumped in the political arena. Could it be that he is afraid he may face fines and possibly criminal charges for not paying his taxes and possibly for bribing the leaders of TPLF under the guise of TDA, Tigray Development Assistance, a business arm of TPLF. It does not require a nuclear scientist to figure out that his motive is to keep his "most favored business man" title in Ethiopia. This title was given to him by one of the local news papers. What I have established above is crime in economic affairs of our beloved country.

Ato Mesfin Alberto has proven Al Amoudi's courtship with the killing machines of TPLF. So I do not want to repeat the obvious fact that al Amoudi is one of the primary financiers of Agazi Army. The leader of the Agazi Army spends most of his time at the Office Bar at the Sheraton. All Mamo and his associates, whom I call Al Amoudi's groupies in a far-flung land need to do is go to the Office Bar between 9:00 pm to mid night and they would see Al Amoudi socializing and drinking with the heads of the killing mafia. What more prove does Mamo Qilo need?

I know he would come back to tell us that Al Amoudi is investing in Ethiopia and it is his right to drink with any body he wishes. For me what Al Amoudi drinks with Agazi managers is not red wine but red blood.

For those who are in doubt about the above, Mesfin Alberto has established more facts that Al Amoudi knows the crimes committed by TPL, but continues to be their supporter. Here are the facts and they speak for themselves.

1. Alamoudin knows the minutest detail about what happened in Bedeno, Arbagugu.

2. Alamoudin knows that a man by the name Getu was skinned alive in Arbagugu.

3. Alamoudin knows the recent massacre in Gambela.

4. Alamoudin knows Assefa Maru, a human right activist, was executed in a broad day light early in the morning while he was going to office.

5. Alamoudin knows the TPLF fascists are determined to commit more attrocities in the coming weeks or months

6. Alamoudin knows the TPLF fascists have stashed away millions of dollars in foreign banks.

7. Alamoudin knows AAU students were gunned down for going to the streets opposing the then UN boss, Boutros Boutros Gali? etc etc

Now the question is why is Ethiopian Review allowing Mamo Qilo to serve as the PR director to one of the big time sponsors of state sponsored terrorism in Ethiopia?

Mola Qimou

melese and his agazi killer must be held accountable for murdaring unarmed civilian ...those ppl are evil...they try to craite jenocide but it will never happen.stop your dream it will never come.... melese dont destroy our holly land . ethiopia belong to ethiopians .pls give up the power urgent u dont have to kill for power... we dont see any change the last 14 years ...tnx.

Email: maski_19@yahoo.com

City: australia

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww, is all I have to say
Last night, as those blood thirsty " so called African delegates" were entertained at the Embassy, I was extremely proud to be a part of the demonstration.
The crowd was LOUD to a point that some of the delegates left the dinner-blood party within 20 minutes of arrival.
I doubt that any of them, including the disgraceful ambassador slept well last night knowing that they participated in a blood-party.
We will keep on keeping on until the WEYANE regime is ousted.
What made me also proud was the response by one of the officers. He totally empathized with our cause and couldn't understand how the people were " partying" inside the embassy with all the atrocities taking place. As an African American officer, he was able to
sympathize with the people which showed more compassion than our " so-called" African brothers showed. But of course were not surprised.
A prayer was said at the end and everyone left peacefully.
Long live Ethiopia and we shall prevail
Ethiopia is not about OROMO or AMHARA or TIGRAY etc
Ethiopia is about love, unity and everyone working for the good of the country. This idea of " ethnic" separation has to be eliminated from the mind of Ethiopians but from all Africans.
Let us not let them divide and conquer us.
BERTU

Email: Saregahin@hotmail.com

Mola Qimou,

Don't worry about Sheike, he will pay for what he has done to our people. He is the front for the Saudis and other extremist elements. We want a country for all our people that is free of radical elements.

Dear Demonstrators,
I'm really proud of you!! God bless everyone of you! . Keep it Up!!

Email: rachel_br@yahoo.com

U guys don not represent Ethiopian People.Pls pause for a moment think twice then u will get the right path to follow.Personally I am ashamed of u
(those who raise such a rubbish idea,shutting down ....)(Yilk Arfeh Bitshekile Yishalihal)

City: addis ababa

Hi Guys.

I am with you.But pls re-think that it still hurts our poor people when you fight extremisms by being extreme!!!!!!!!

Anteneh and Ashenafi, you totally amaze me!!!
First of all I respect your opinions and i hope you respect mine as well but your statement about
"it still hurts our poor people when you fight extremisms by being extreme!!!!!!!! "
amazes me
Is standing infront of an embassy and expressing our wishes and demands so the blood-thirsrty diplomats can hear our pleas EXTREME
WHat about shooting innocent kids, mothers,fathers, what would you call that
Its really sad that we have people like you with that frame of mind but rest assured it will not deter the rest of us from letting the world know about this regimes " EXTEME" ignorance

Email: Saregahin @hotmail.com

Mamo Qilo:
I thought you gave up on Alamoudins case. I thought case closed. As far as defending Alamoudin is your bread and butter, I know you will do it to the last drop of your pen. Let me inform you one thing. Alamoudin at present is out of sight. The only place you find him is in his castle (hiding corner), Sheraton. Nowhere else he goes for socialising and drinking as he used to do before the betrayal. He is now hiding his head in shame. But also he fears for his life. The families of those massacred golden sons and daughters of Ethiopia have heard about the blood party. The entire Ethiopian people have heard about it. The independent print media here at home gave it a wide coverage for a week or so. A lot still being said about it. A man like Mamo Qilo are just opportunistic scavengers and can't rescue him from public outrage. Sialk Ayamir yilal yagere seww: A man who used to be received anywhere he goes with applause and standing ovation is now confined to the office bar at sheraton where he meets people like you who never ever dare to tell him the truth. Your likes i.e the scavengers surround him and laugh when he laughs. They echo any insult he forwards against anyone. Huh, it is truly painful and irritating watching a man created in God's image behaving like a dog. Come here and join the scavengers. Qilo, you better close this case. If you don't, I have a lot more which I so far withheld being restrained by Ethiopian modesty.

Email: hagere_ethiopia

Dear Members;
While the settlers are really busy to bring back the world of yesterday by force and do not want to consolidate the democratization that is going on in Ethiopia, the people of Ethiopia are resuming their daily life and working hard to improve their economy.
For example, the students have resumed school.
HEADLINE: Ethiopia;
Gondar Medical Faculty Students Resume Classes

Students of Medical Faculty at the Gondar University have resumed classes Monday after the interruption of classes due to damages incurred by the fire accident on June 16, 2005.

Development and administration vice president with the university, Dr. Sintayehu Wolde-Michael told ENA yesterday that 1,400 students who discontinued classes following the fire accident are attending classes at ease.

He said the government and university exerted relentless efforts to provide the students with clothes and stationery materials and lodgings.

A committee established to look for ways of compensating the missed classes is carrying out its duties, Dr. Sintayehu said.

He said efforts would be exerted to quickly rebuild the dormitories that had been gutted down by the fire.

Police have been investigating the cause of the fire that damaged properties worth over three million birr, he said.

According to the vice president, more than four thousand regular and continuing programme students in other two faculties of the university have been attending classes uninterrupted.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Ibrahim Shirdon,

Your desperate attempt to spin for the dying regime is laughable. PR does not seem to be your strength, ask your boss to give you another assignment. You are savvy enough for the job, think about it.

this ppl they like to drink blood to get life>>shame for dem

Email: blck_well@yahoo.com

City: tokyo

Ibrahim,

Your cut and paste is nothing but a crock.

Email: nina@hotmail

City: Baltimore

I love you all, great job Brothers and Sisters.
Thank you.

Email: amekuria@ucsc.edu

City: Santa Cruz,CA

Mamo Qilo:
I thought you gave up on Alamoudins case. I thought case closed. As far as defending Alamoudin is your bread and butter, I know you will do it to the last drop of your pen. Let me inform you one thing. Alamoudin at present is out of sight. The only place you find him is in his castle (hiding corner), Sheraton. Nowhere else he goes for socialising and drinking as he used to do before the betrayal. He is now hiding his head in shame. But also he fears for his life. The families of those massacred golden sons and daughters of Ethiopia have heard about the blood party. The entire Ethiopian people have heard about it. The independent print media here at home gave it a wide coverage for a week or so. A lot still being said about it. A man like Mamo Qilo are just opportunistic scavengers and can't rescue him from public outrage. Sialk Ayamir yilal yagere seww: A man who used to be received anywhere he goes with applause and standing ovation is now confined to the office bar at sheraton where he meets people like you who never ever dare to tell him the truth. Your likes i.e the scavengers surround him and laugh when he laughs. They echo any insult he forwards against anyone. Huh, it is truly painful and irritating watching a man created in God's image behaving like a dog. Come here and join the scavengers. Qilo, you better close this case. If you don't, I have a lot more which I so far withheld being restrained by Ethiopian modesty.

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com