Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ato Lidetu Ayalew resigned, replaced by Dr Hailu Araya

Ato Lidetu Ayalew resigned from his position as CUD's spokesperson

June 26, 2005
ethiopianreview.com

Ato Lidetu told Tensae Radio and Ethiopian Review today that he cannot in good conscience continue to support the agreement that was signed between the opposition parties and EPRDF while he was under house arrest. He said that he reported to his party, UEDP-Medhin, his inability to continue to be a spokesperson for CUD under this circumstance.

Ato Lidetu said he continues to be a member of CUD and supports all the other steps that CUD is taking.

UEDP-Medhin appointed Dr Hailu Araya to replace Ato Lidetu in the CUD executive committee.

CUD leader Ato Hailu Shawel said in a radio interview that unless all the students, and CUD members and supporters who are under arrest are released by Monday (June 27), he will call off the talks with the ruling party.

Ato Lidetu also said today that government gunmen continue to follow him every where he goes.

Re: Ato Lidetu Ayalew resigned, replaced by Dr Hailu Araya

I think it is understandable for Ato Lidetu to make such a difficult decision!
I wouldn't deal with such a crap either!
We have to wait and see to support or criticize the rest of them and their decision to sign an agreement and what it means for the People of Ethiopia!
Arat-kilo

The opposition were pressurised too much to sign the deal. I am with Lidetu, but he should understand that the path will be a steep cliff without the support of International Observers. For one, it will diminish the international communities support for Meles.

In any case we are at a time where the opposition should stand united, irrespective of our differences. lets hope that Lidetu's action will not beggin a crack down.

Kinijit,
I am with you!
I also think we should see if the deal is good for the people of Ethiopia!
The best way to know is from the people themselves,
if it not good they will rebuke it!
Let the people be the final Judges!
Arat-kilo
P.S.
We have to stand together
Now more than ever!

This is why Lidetu stands out as a leader and a champion of the people's cause. While I belive CUD still must be supported wholeheartdly, Lidetu's step is the right one, and hopefully will prompt CUD leaders to take a more tough stand in dealing with EPRDF.

Liberal groups of CUD lead by Dr Birhanu and Dr. Yacob are responsible for this mess.

Dr Birhanu and Dr. Yacob - KEWEYANE GAR EYETEMODAMODU YIMESLEGNAL.

Email: tessema2@hotmail.com

Warning to Yichalal

Yichalal:

This is the first and last warning to you. If you use insults, you'll be permanently banned from writing in this forum.

Thank you for your cooperation

Modarator

Be careful Tessema!

What you are talking is baseless. Perhaps, you are one of EPRDF Divide and Rule Policy makers. Don't talk what you feel, the case is very serious for the Ethiopian people.

Email: wegenetenesa@yahoo.com

Jesus!what a news?but i do belive that this will be followed by a stroung strugle of Ethiopians!we Ethiopians will finish what Lidetu started!!!! we will never compromise with weyane and meles will be his faynale party at his sheraton!

Ethiopians will win!
what a news

Email: amelew@yahoo.com

City: Frankfurt

Oh maaayn! I hope this aignt gonna open any crack in their strength. Lidetu is like a cancer to Meles ekko ppl. He is Meles' worst nightmare. His speech skill matches Meles' and he is the one that debunks whatever Meles says. But anyway, what is the "talk" that is going on with EPRDF? Why isn't it being under taken in a transparent manner?

Plus, Tessema, Dr. Birhanu is the jewel of the nation. He is the balance between the conservatives like Ato Hailu Shawel, and the freaks like Meles. He is the wisest in dealing with those Monsters so far. We do need Ato Hailu Shawul for his firm stands, but if the world was only full of people like him and freaks like EPRDF, everyone would kill eachother and its over. It is good that we have both conservative and moderate people in the opposition, it keeps everyone sane.

Victory to the Ethiopian people is only if their voice is heard. No body should be allowed to compromise on the rights of our people for half measures and for back room deals. Any thing other than a recognition of the rights of the Ethiopian people is a betrayal and a major setback on the struggle for demacracy and justice in our country now and in the foreseeable future.
Lidetu Ayalew represets the soul and aspirations of the Ethiopian people.
All our opposition leaders who have received the mandates of the Ethiopian people to lead the country are expected to be resolute and keep their promises to the Ethiopian people to free them from murder, detention , harassment that has become a way of life that they have to endure under the fascist tyrant zenawi.

Please, people let's not jump to judgment. They all working with us. Please, Please, Please let's pause. We are UNITED like never before. They all can choose their own political strategy to fight weyane, the only thing we need to do is support all without any limit. Remember, when Hailu. Lidetu and Beyene choose to fight weyane in Ethiopia peacefully, some of us were laughing.

Email: abrameku@hotmail.com

City: Silver spring

Lidetu's resignation may well be a signal to existing diffrences how the peaceful resistance should advance forward. I regret his decision to step down as the spokesperson but I have every confidence in Dr Hailu Araya's ability and integrety.

What the country needs is a cautious ,more subtle and mature political leadership if it's to tread its way out of a potentially violent and devastating political transition.

Populist actions and rhetoric should give way to smart but firm resistance. Fanaticism cannot be relied upon to bring about peaceful transition as it lacks the perseverance it takes. It's the moderates and the more liberal who can be trusted for their sense of responsibility and tolerance to execute peaceful transfer into a more democratic and stable order.

City: Addis

Hi Fellow Ethiopians,
My heart broke when I heard Lidetu's resignation.I am sure the murdurer Meles/Woyane is having a party on this news.I believe it was best to continue to wage the democratic struggle within Ethiopia and to expose Meles/Woyane to the world rather than to withdraw.We know all along that Meles will never ,never leave his power without force and this talk of NEBE being an arbitre is just a joke.However,the presence of the opposition in Ethiopia has made a lot of progress to change the regime in Addis and has united Ethiopians within and outside the country as never before.So, let's not undermine our gains!
May God Bless Ethiopia!

Email: mesfin777@hotmail.com

City: san jose

I am disappointed by Tessema's baseless slander against Dr Birhanu and Dr Araya.

I believe Ato Lidetu and Ato Hailu may not be the type of leaders we need during crisis times like the current one. What we need now is patient and tactful leaders. Lidetu's firebrand style is an asset during peaceful/ campaign times, but not now. Ato Hailu seems to rush in making decitions. For example his statment on election day that his party would probably boycott parliament was a disappointment for many people. He made this statement as people were still in the queues to cast their votes. He didn't even have the patience to wait until the election is over. Since then, he has made several statements that could aggravate the situation. His style for me is a bit militant.

Both of these leaders could be an asset during peace times. But during times of crisis we need very patient and soft speaking leaders like Dr Birhanu. Mind you, militancy can easily play into EPRDF's hands. It helps it justify all its brutal acts in the name of law and order.

Zinabu Zenebe.

Email: jon_happy2000@yahoo.com.au

When I said Ato Hailu, I meant Hailu Shawl, not Hailu Araya.

Zinabu Zennebe

Email: jon_happy2000@yahoo.com.au

Hi Ato Lidetu Ayalew we need u we are still with u don't let as down like that if u doing that u know that u are giving space for Wayane pls pls stay where u @ we love u From Canada Winnipeg

City: winnipeg Canada

We have got very qualified opppsition leaders in every aspect. Need to support them. Thse people are working under such hard conditions, surrounded with killers. They scrifies their life. we have to do our assignment. That is the only thing they need.

Email: abera@hotmail.com

City: DC

Ato Lidetu's resignation sounds sad, but remember there has not been any perfect and homogenious political party in history. Some members may lean to left while others stay in the middle or incline to the right. Despite individual differences they can blend and work together as a group with a common agenda of making the demise of their political opponent a reality. I think, it is very divisive to propagate the shortcomings of the opposition parties at this stage. To me, all of the opposition party leaders will qualify to govern the country weighed against EPRDF.

Infact, some people are exploiting this forum to distract our prime and mutual objective which is to get rid of the supressive and barbaric Meles's regime. Our fellow Ethiopians are bleeding and dying. Let us work together to stop this first.

Peace, Freedom and Democracy

Email: bdemissachew@juno.com

City: Boston

As to me it looks a calculated political move. The resignation of Ato Lidetu puts pressure on EPRDF. More important is assigning some one from Tigray is a very wise decision It will show how much multi-ethinic in nature CDU to international community and a blow for those campagining with "naftegna" slogan.

Email: Hambaricho@yahoo.com

Although I respect Ato Lidetu's decision in taking such a bold action, at a time like this, I am very much concerned for his own safety, once he is out of the public's eye. I am afraid he would become a sitting duck, thus an easy target for his enemies to get rid of him, with out any one noticing as to what has become of him.

I would like him to reconsider his resignation from his post, for the best interest of the party, as well as for his own survival.

He is a very young dedicated,and articulated politician, who can make lots of contributions for the future of this embattled country. I wish him well what ever he plans on doing for the betterment of his country, and his party.

Ato Lidetu, do not give it up now after you have been through hell with this treacherous, incompetent, blood thirsty, illiterate, dirt poor, bush men who ascended to power with a barrel of gun, and became millionaires the next day.

BELIEVE ME WHEN THEY FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE LEAVING,THEY WILL HAVE A FIELD DAY FOR THIS OCCASION.

You have been a thorn on their sides for such a long time, and do not make things much easier for them. They should be the one to go first,before any one else does.

You deserve to stay, because the people and the country need an energetic,eloquent, and devoted visionary young man like you.
Good luck.

Email: GirefachewA@msn.com

City: Reinbeck

I hope Ato Lidetu Ayalew will get anther important post in CUD & continue his service.On the other hand,
Dr Hailu Araya is also fit to be spokesperson of CUD.
Good choice!

Email: mehariabera@yahoo.com

City: Denver

The resignation of Ato Lidetu Ayalew is a sign of the crack down of the opposition and a boost for the autoritarian regime of Meles Zenawi.If true,the members, leaders of the opposition party better think about it if they are thinking to walk over the blood of innocent people who are dying for democratic movements that they been wishing and yearning for a long time.If there is some kind of sabotage that is underway by the opposition leaders to trash the blood of the innocent, the people better start to exercise its power on them as they have been alwayz sided with the ruling party for internal deals to share power without the will of the people for their hidden interest.

Email: jacos@yahoo.com

City: dc

Hambaricho, I say ditto to u my brother!

I was just coming to write that. This could be a well thought political move by CUD to discolor the paint the EPRDF has pianted it as an Amhara party by including a Tigrayan in its executive committee. If CUD had just picked up Dr. Hailu Araya out of the blue and assigned him a place in the executive committee, it would have been too obvious of a strategy.

It is going to be another pain in the azz for the EPRDF while it has focused all its concern on how to slow down Lidetu! Now, I know they won't let go of Lidetu so easily because they know his potentials, but their focus would also probably be diverted from him.

This is not right move by Mr Ledetu specialy at this moment.Please Mr Ledetu Ethiopia and Ethiopian peopel need you be strong .This is weyane'S work We don't want to give them any hole let stand united.

Email: merecatoAol.com

City: seattle

It is a good thing that Lidetu resigned from CUD as a spokesperson for two reasons: 1) it will give him an opportunity to take up a less visible but more imporant position (note that he didn't resign from CUD, only from his position as spokesperson, and 2) Dr Hailu Araya will have a more visible role, which is good b/c he is an internationally respected scholar, and also as a Tigrean, his presense will neutralize EPRDF's ethnic politics. For some people who see negatives in every thing, it's a disaster, but I feel positive about the role change.

You all People(messange posters) why don't you understand the situtition. no matter who ever is spoksman, now the case is generaly oppostions could not move work and coordinate the people under such bloody circumstance being detained, watched, killed ...etc. I think the best way is to withdrow the so called peacful discusion with EPRDf and do other peacfull means such as demo, strike and appeal to the world socity. and we all have to be together.

Email: agegnehub@yahoo.com

City: A.A

Okay,That's nice If a leader like him did not belive on the movement's of the party it is acceptable to show his oppositions towards it but is it the time to show it on the point that the fate of the peopels is on the cross roads after coming all those brilliant strugles,any Ways in any way possible tell himthe peopel need him as gate way to democracy not as door used to close the the gate

Addke

Email: addisek@hotmail.com

City: Addis Ababa

These days, Lidetu is the unquestionable Mandella of Ethiopia. His decision to step down (resign) from CUD's spokesperson is a perfect one which will enable his party win covertly in the political arena, and his personal safety mighty be less endangered from the agasseses (hodam aga'azis). Dr. Hailu will also be a more than appropriate person to do the job. Who know if it is the position of spokesperson which irritates the woyanes, and I pray for Dr. Hailu to do his job peacefully.

Woyane kerftoual!

Email: kefagn_torr@yahoo.com

I think the choice of Dr.Hailu Araya is suprb!!
He was the only Ethiopian who confronted MENGISTU head on in the last Conference of the Shengo.

He is someone who has defeated fear for sometime.
Moreover,it is politically correct on the part of CUD.

City: ADDIS

I am sorry to tell you that Ato Lidetu's resignation was a big mistake. Superficially it has a potential to create a crack within the coalition, though I think it may end up being a good omen for the opposition movement. Fundamentally, the opposition’s decision to sign the agreement was a strike of genius. Why in the world did you think Bereket refused to honor the agreement under a crippled excuse that CUD has violated the spirit of the agreement? Who do you think was dragged by the US and EU back to the negotiation table? Hint: it was EPRDF. What some of us may not understand is that the international community is proposing some sort of power sharing. Meles is not ready for that, hence their effort to pull out of the agreement. Remember the story about the boat has already left and CUD has lost the opportunity crap that Bereket gave at one of his

What Ethiopia needs is not hardliners, but moderates that are willing and ready to forge a solution. Ethiopians have been living a life of misery. They are not ready to see another protracted war. Some of us here are promoting hardliner stand while watching NBA finals with cold Beer on one hand and a lady/man partner on the other. And many of us do not even seem to understand the essence of democracy.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Gebrdin aka
Cyber Bully

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

This triggers another red light to us. What a bad new for most of us!! Lidetu resigned because he couldn't do his job, because he is followed up by gunned men everywhere. If you quite remember what he said in earlier days he will not retreat in all circumstances and he will face any difficulties coming on his way. He even said that he is prisoned and tortured for 5 times and he always thinks the six one may come for his death. A person who said like this will not turn back his head unless something very difficult happened to him. We have seen his stregth and power from his speech in many ways. Lidetu has a power of moving people and he is a good orater. For sure the EPRDF don't want such a person because all the youth population and most of the elderly in Ethiopia like Lidetu very much and they quote him in their day to day lives. CUD and the people of Ethiopia need him very much. But we should not be selfish and put him infront as he is not the only Ethiopia who is opposing the rule of EPRDF. So I respect his decision and say that his resignation placed a big responsibility to the CUD officials especially Dr Hailu - to continue with coherent and stable move as before.

A resignation comes with different reasons. At this stage I don't know what the reason is behind this move. May be it will be good for the party also because as Lidetu is followed even if we want him in that post he may not do anything because of the followers so the party needs someone who moves freely and works without gun men following him. However, do you think that will happen? I feel that once Dr Hailu starts his work he will also face the same problem.

So what is expected from us?.... in my opinion .... to stand together and to be one people. We should leave behind EPRDF's politics and we should prove to the world that the problem is with the government not with the people by uniting and standing together.

Please, please, please let us stand together, let us not think about ehtnic biases which created all the problem and let us believe in one Ethiopia and one People. If we work on that I know we will have a peaceful country and nation.

Email: tez@hotmail.com

Good decision. Doesn't matter who is leading and who is following all have to take responsiblity anywhere we are. Lidetu will continue with his struggle for the sake of Ethiopia as we all are doing. he is a young and dinamic one.
Good decision lej Lidetu.

Email: wgud@hotmail.com

City: A.A

We should always see change as positve. We should not believe what some people say that it is the beginning of a crack down. No it won't be. It is a strategic move and we will see what is going to happen.

Email: alem@hotmail.com

Hi all,

I wonder every body is commenting towards different angles!!

To me, it is timely to think startegically. As all know Ato Ledetu is a wonderful, commited, determenant and young leader. He is the only example in his age to be this much matured politician. As a result, the evil Woyane targeted him in office arrest, house arrest and now following and intimidating him not to function as spoksman of CUD and Secretarty General of UEDP-MEDHIN. I feel his position could not function at this critical time of the struggle.

Although, stragical differences are natural to happen, it is clear that the final decissions have come in a democratic discussions. He may have differences, but is a kind of man whom has accepted the majority's decissions. That is why his party and he himself has reached at this level.

However, woyane should know that CUD is not only Ato Lidetu but all excutives in particular and the Ethiopian People in general. Woyane can not arrest, intimidate and kill all Ethiopians and stay in power. It is time to our learders to show this for the dictators. Dr.Hailu Aria is one of them and he is capable to be in that position. By this, Ato Lidetu will be free and work as excutive memeber by which he will benifit more to the struggle.

Therefore, let us respect the strategic decission of Ato Lidetu and CUD and proceed the struggle to freedom. The day for Woyane is being over. We had the same kind of history how the frastrated dictartors behave before going to grave. This is the final card they can play with and CUD leaders are brave enough to resist their brutal act. Although it costs some thing, it is easy as the Ethiopian people is with them day and night.

Victory for Ethiopians!!

Walelegn

Email: walexmz@yahoo.co.uk

City: Oslo

Ato Ledetu resignation is understandable, if he is unable to ....its wise and smart to let others do what must be done! I can see from the above posts that almost all Ethiopian understood his problem.....Proud to be Ethiopian!

I dont think that this is a good decisoin
he have to be strong
this decsion make me ungry I am not happy by this
he have to wait until the last time ........ Ato Lidetu has a good acceptance specially the youth one so this news will not be good for his supporter
I was discussing this issue with my friends (CUD SUPPORTERS) and they told me that they r not happy ......... even after we read this news we make a phone call to CUD office and the person who picked the phone he sayed that this is not true
please think about it this will be good for EPRDF they need this that is why they make many things to Ato Lidetu so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ato Lidetu dont do this even if it is difficult please agin dont do this ok dear
thank you
DEL LE ETHIOPIA ......LONG LIVE TO CUD

Email: haile1197@yahoo.com

City: Addis Aababa

guest,

now you joke, very soon you will cry.

Mother Ethiopia shall be freed from kehadi and kefafay woyanes very soon.

I too was sad when I first heard the news. After some thought, this is the way I understand Lidetu's decision:

It is natural to have an opinion difference even in trivial matters, let alone in a big issue like this(the agreement) But what, I think, makes it difficult for Lidetu to stay in the spokesperson(PR) position is, he may not be able to convincingly talk about this issue since he himself is not completely convinced about it. Therefore, it is a wise decision to step down while living with the majority decision of his party and actively participating in other areas.

I know what we are going to hear in the evening news, but no matter what EPRDF and supporters think(believe), this shows the strength and the democratic nature of the party.

To CUD:
Be strong, patient, wise and most of all listen to the wish of the PEOPLE please?

Betsega

Email: easnaku@yahoo.com

City: Addis

I don't think this is the right time to Ato Lidetu to pass such a decision. This may open room for wrong manipulation as if CUD is fragmenting.He had to wait and see what comes next. What did he expect?

bb

bb
WSP Yo?
I didn't Joke.that was the fact so accept it!!

and
As far as every one knows there will not be death for woyane and woyane supporters.
we won't talk lot,we are cool same as our P.M.
that does not mean all ethiopian's are protestors & there is no EPDRF supporters.
If all EPDRF supporter comes like I did uffffffffffffff..
Infact there could be some ethiopians support Kinjit that is because they are angry with woyane for not completing some jobs.
We do believe that will be finished with in the next 5 years but just for protesting reason we don't stay next to terrorists.

God bless Ethiopia and you all

Email: guest@ethioview.com

We can't afford Lidetu get killed by the ruthless murderers. He is precious for us Ethiopians. He should be saved. He fought Woyanes bare hand, and he won. He is the cotemporary Ethiopian hero, as hero as Theodore II. He is orator and gifted and handsome and young. We love him so much. He has all qualities that most of us lack.

He rather should be celebrated for what he did up to now. A statue need to be erected for him in one of the squares in Addis, just when he is alive, he has to see it himself.

Let him step away for a while. He will have plenty of time to serve his country.

Our fighters don't kill but they win. Woyanes kill and seem to win. It is a matter of time, however, that they are just dust. We will see that happen in our life time.

Email: abathun@yahoo.com

City: BD

Serevants of CUD such as ttari are forced to call LIDETU champion etc.Could we get any more eloquent testimony than this tha some elements among educated Ethiopians have totally collapsed to think as an ordinary Ethiopian who knows what peoples cause and heroism mean ?
a

Malachi,do you mind if the statue is called the statue of ABUNE Lidetu?

Do you remember.... what the youngesters were singing at the sundays Tsunami rally,

Yezare Amete Yezare Amete
Ye Ledetu Bete

Referring our former majesty's palace which woyanes with the palace at hand they found it difficult to leave but of which the woyane was condemning when they were student and student's riot of those time which they still talk about proudly using there colonized media, however with the same media they tell us the student's protest is illegal and fickle. And the colony by the way is not on the media only, the people in every place feel as if they are colonized see the streets of your brothers terrorizing their own tribe and nation with rifle and watch you directly in to eyes with cruel look for terrorizing. We felt this is more that colony.

About the issue of that one patriot LEDETU was found in the country to face this tribal fascist for wotatu; this person has real model for strength and of his stand to face fascist face by face and has resigned it is really frustrating.... cause there should be one roll model for the young to love there country and stand against these terrorist thinking of laming the mind of all Ethiopians not to think for their country. I am sorry deeply sorry to hear the news, I want LEDETU to know that we want him really and we don't have any body to trust but him so please don't leave us abandoned.

Email: Officer@langoo.com

The resignation of Lidetu justifies lack of party decipline.Every body has got his/her interest.

I am for the resignation of Lidetu.Though I admire his communication skills and confidence,he is not a good politician:he is too brave to negotiate.A man who is extra confident "lacks douts" and hence a recipe for disaster.I like people who are for "other options" in addition to one's dearly held views.Lidetu is too confident to lead us.Fear:he could be mengistu II!!Why not??Way out:mature people like Dr.Hailu.
I tell you what my instinct tells me.I am no laboratory.

City: ADDIS

As to me, Lidetu’s resignation can be justified if the substance of the decision was made on well thought tactical move towards gaining political benefit for CDU or the Ethiopian people as a whole.

However, it may not be right if the basis of the decision is as stipulated in the ‘form’ of the news.
The main reason in this regard is that dysfunctional decisions are most likely be detrimental to the attainment of our one and common objective, ousting the tyrant regime. Therefore, what so ever Lidetu or his party seems right at first glance, even in terms of the majority the people, the concerted and united effort need to be given priority and the majority decision should be accepted as far as all are on the same track.

In this struggle strength, patience, wise and far sited thinking…are of paramount importance...and all decisions have to be seen in terms of effects on final success.

Email: thewodrosdires@yahoo.com

Mr.PEACE donot admire LIDETU for his confidence.His confidence is in violence.Violence is the enemy of peace.Gebito?

One should not be surprised by the abdication of Gash Lidetu. This is only the beginning and others will follow. As many feared CUD lacked coherence the only thing binding in them being the demise of Wayane. CUD is devoid of a national agenda and hence the crackdown commences.

Email: Jirru@yahoo.com

City: Finfinnee

Don't worry, Ato Lidetu is a bit emotional, but poletics is some thing different. Poleticians need to look left and right and ato Lidetu is not of this type. And he was sandwiched by Doctors and other experienced ppl. Let me tell you kinijit should be lead by Dr. Birhanu Nega, not by even Hailu shawel or Lidetu. They are both rigid.
The other thing is, Lidetu should have known the side effect of making this official at this time. He could have learnt some thing from the woyane "Tagays", their members have been quarreling so many times but they never tell it officially.
Lots of students have paid their life. Other members too like lidetu should know the people will contineu to struggle for its freedom.

Hi Birmadduma,

My man, you don't happen to see things that exist. CUD is not just CUD, it is the juice of the society. The fruit of the society. Society is society. You cannot demise it in one go as Woyanes tried nonstop for 14 years. CUD is the same. It did not come into view by its own. It is the result of 14 years serfdom. It is not a thing that is floating in the air. It has concrete base. There is no future for Woyanes, even if they kill many of us. See the fact?

Email: abathun@yahoo.com

City: BD

I support mr Lidetu. I just came in from Addis Ababa. Trust me the people of Addis fully support mr Ledetu. I ask Mr Lidetu to reconsider his resignation and I demamd the other CUD leadership to DO NOT STAND AGAINST THE PEOPLE.
SHAME ON YOU FOR SIGNING THE DEAL !!!!!!! IT SEEMS YOU ONLY CARE FOR YOU AND POWER !!!!!!
When the people rized in strikes and demonstration you cooled down the momentum.... Now what did you get in return ? NOTHING. The governemt is slowly taking power away from Addis to the Federal ... YOU ARE LOOSING ..... You claimed to be the leaders ; but have provided nothing so far.....
WAY TO GO MR LIDETU .... When you were in prison and had no food for 27 hours... my mother in Legehar was prayng for you. She voted for you as well.......

Email: ggkd1968@yahoo.com

City: Chicago

I have heard that there is a problem in nominating the NEW PRIME MINISTER and ADMINISTRATOR OF ADDIS ABABA.
Ato Lidetu is not happy with this things.

I am not surprised by the resignation of Mr Lidetu. It tells me that that the CUD is having internal problems.
The signing of the deal has upset the people. It seems the CUD leadership is more intent of pleasing westerners thatn the people. Hello all the Doctors who are in the CUD leadership, remember ,the people voted for you not foreingers. You need to be striong and decisive.
We need to see Mr Lidetu get a prominent role in the leadership. he is our voice and the voice of many new generations.
Many of the leaders in the CUD are from the old generation ( The EPRP and MEISON generatiin). We would not allow Mr Lidetu sidelined. REMEMBER THIS !!!!

Email: moges@yahoo.com

City: Nazret

Wonchif try to think before you want to say something.
This is Woyane's propaganda.There is a saying in english."if the belly is full, the head is empity."You may be one of the cadres of woyane who search for Firifari Thrown by EPRDF.

Email: babi@yahoo.com

City: A.A.

Why all of try to judge ledetu, we do not have any contribution for our country even the taxi drivers and the shops of Addis Ababa have given their five day brade to have impact to get ride of this evil meles from our chanka. what do you do? your critic of Ledetu doesn't make you person that know poletics. At list Ledetu has asked Meles to give his power for the people couse he is inefficent and couldn't lead the country to better position in his 14 year fascist regime. We all has to say enough as Ledetu has said boldly. And do not be cheatd by his mischievous discure. At list Arkebe has done a lot with in two year time i better prefer him than the Meles.

Email: Officer@langoo.com

Lidetu Ayalew said " Hule Giza Ke batay sewta Lela SEDESTEGA ESERE BECHA SAYHONE ESKE MOTE Lemiderse MESEWATENETE ERASANE AZEGAGCHAY NEEW YEMEWETAW." June 2005@ AA
This is lidetu we know this is lidetu who give not only his time but also his life for what he belives. He is always With ETHIOPIA AND ETHIOPIANS FOREVER.

Email: Menortru_2002@yahoo.com

City: WAshington

The issue as I see it:

Why would Lidetu oppose the signing of the agreement with EPRDF?

The agreement stipulates that the opposition leaders had a hand in the violence, by signing that agreement; the opposition took a responsibility for the bloody onslaught on the innocent civilians. I understand the opposition groups were under a huge pressure from the West to sign that agreement, but they should have stuck to their gun, and rejected such absurd proposition and should have instead demanded the resignation of the entire EPRD administration for terrorizing the entire population. The timing was perfect to call on a sustained national strike. Instead, the opposition groups bowed to the pressure from the West and signed that agreement. It was/is the mistake of the century. Going back to Lidetu, he was under house arrest and did not participate in the discussion to sign the agreement. Once he was freed, he dissented with the ranks and file of CUD for falling into the trap of the regime. Unable to convince them, he refused to serve as a spokesperson of CUD under that condition. A bold and prudent move on the part of Lidetu. Look where the rest of the opposition groups are who rushed to sign that agreement, practically, they are under house arrest. Unable to do any meaningful political activities.

Now both CUD and UEDF are trapped by the agreement, what should be their next move?

There is nothing wrong with accepting a mistake, it was a grave mistake. What was done was done, but they should quickly withdraw from that one-sided pact. It does not take a genius to figure out that the agreement can not be sustained unless it is honored by the two participatory parties, in this case the opposition and EPRDF. Well, one needs to read the headlines in ER to know that EPRDF is not in any mood to respect the agreement. The opposition should explain to the donor nations that they don’t have a willing partner to work with, therefore could no longer be expected to abide by the agreement. Once they do that, they should ask the dynamic Lidetu to resume his responsibility as a spokesperson of CUD.

What should be done between now and the next few weeks?

The opposition groups, CUD and UEDF, should stop their endless internal bickering and begin to put the interests of the country ahead of their party politics. Too many people have died, thousands of people are in prison, and unknown number of Ethiopians have lost their jobs. The two major political groups have the moral obligations to set aside their perceived or real differences for the benefit of 70 million Ethiopians. The other option is to leave EPRDF in power for another five years; it will be a suicidal mission for the opposition. The opposition should choose life over death.

Lidetu will be remembered for his wise move, a great leader who has given a top priority to the people of Ethiopia.

If I'm in Lidetu's place, I'll invite foreign journalists and call all my supporters to come out and read book with me at Mesqel square to defy the EPRDF martial law. It's the basic foundamental right of any citizen to read book in public places, no one has the right to stop me from doing that, I'll do it everyday until millions of people come out to read with me.
What Meles is going to do ? to imprison me? to kill me? what ever action he takes against me will be a big slander for the EPRDF. Their days will be numbered.
If Lidetu does this with out representing CUD he willl be a winner, otherwise his poletical carrer will be on the brink.
Ato Lidetu wake up smell the coffee, challenge Meles peacefully and defy the unconstitutional law he imposed on the Ethiopian people. let the other members of your party go through the court system but not you.
This is a historical moment in the Ethiopian history for a leader to rise up from the ushes, it seems you have the courage to do it. Go ahead and lead the people.

Book reading, Gifawossen. hhhhhhh. I think you are on something. Good idea, how can we make this happen?

ER, do you guys have a way of getting this idea out?

I support Ato lidetu resigned. I don't understand this guy try to be a big figure. How many Ethiopians are died and jailed by woyane. HE always tells as chased by security officer etc. Please ignore this kind of personality he will not die for the people of Ethiopia. If he is a good leader house arrest is noting.
Please, Ethiopian people follow your good leaders who sacrifices his life for liberty.

Email: Noah_90045@yahoo.com

City: Los Angeles

Noah:
you just type what you want.
May be you do not know what house arrest mean.

Noah
Use your brain

Noah
Use your brain.

He is like a kid. "Chewata ferese dabo tekorese". kkkkkkkkk
This is the work of Eng. Hailu. Because Lidetu was more popular than Hailu, and hailu is angry. That is like what meles is doing to his members. Anyway Dr. Birhanu take care of Hailu shawel.
Or perhaps some of them have got some millions from Meles to crack the CUD. But not the People!!!
WHY ARE THEY NOT GIVING US FIRST HAND INFORMATION ON THIS MATTER:
Even the Internet news pages have said nothing except two of them.

Lidetu didn't resign from CUD. He only replaced from its position by Dr. Hailu Araya. He is now a member of CUD council replacing Mushe Semu (UEDP-Medhin). He gave an interview to the local press about his situation. He said that he has a different attitude and stand concerning the investigation process and the way NEBE treatments the matter. Lidetu also says on his interview that there is no crack in his party as well as in the coalition. He puts the difference as a normal that can happen in any place or organiation and he express his readiness to implement any decision made by the party as the majority is binding. Dr. Hailu also gave an explanation about Lidetu's resignation. As per his explanation Lidetu himself has found it difficult to continue as spokes person for that his difference is still there. According Dr. Araya it is b/c of the position it makes it optional. He says "A spokes person can't explain to others about a matter that he doesn't believe."

It is realy a good lesson even to EPRDF cadres who work for their INJERA.

Email: belayt01@yahoo.com

CUD have already started disintegration at least in the form of resignation.GUYS it is high time to realize the policy of CUD is betrayal of the interests of our people.Do not be surprised when CUD continue to suffer from disagreements,unfaithfulness and every thing you might have in mind.

ATDENEKU
Praye 1000 times for EPRDF. NO crack in CUD. NO way. JILAJIL

Belay:

Stop the disinformation campaign. Lidetu did resign, ER has interviewed him. We don't wish to see Lidetu being replaced by any one. His position reflects the greates majority in Ethiopia. CUD needs to put Liedtu back as the coalition spokesman if they want to maintain crediablity.

Mr.Atedeneku, we know you guys what you want tell us. We are not like you saying what we got.at least we know why he resign. 100% acceptable.What do you think

Ledetu's decission is right,cos he realised the whole movement is hijacked by the architect of red terror Derg and Negede Gobeze.But Lidetu and Beyene were genuine ethiopians who confronted EPRDF in ethiopia, but the wolves in diaspora hijacked the movment.
By the way do you know Negde Gobeze represented UEDF at the EU meeting in Brusseles.

Email: kassates@yahoo.com

City: london

I second sible's point here above.
CUD must bring back Lidetu to his position as a spokes person of CUD. If that requires to renegotiate the truce with EPRDF/TPLF governmet be it. Their agreement is not worth Lidetu! Or Lidetu is thousand times more important than their truce with woyane!

Now days we see extensive and very deep trend whose origins are clearly interwoven with the interests of old land owners, remnants of Derge, and outside enemies of our country, etc. A great deal of effort is being exerted for the dissemination of ideas advantageous to those elements. In fact it is a pretty big mill-race that takes its water from the leadership of CUD, and UDFE to those who have no vision, value for reasons of opportunism and betrayal or lacking a vertebral column.

Let us we also attempt to define our attitude towards this trend. It would be un likely for us to forget the immense significance of the armed struggle which succeeded in creating peace, stability and democracy. The main issue that geared the struggle is the national question. It can’t also be wise to forget this question especially in a country which had been rightly called the “Prison of nations and nationalities “particularly at a time when democratization and speedy development is awakening all peoples of this country and at a moment when the old guards have called up millions so as to “solve” all inherent problems in accordance with the interests of obsolete regime.

National interests of our country (Permanent pence, good governance, and speedy development) should not be alien to all of us who aspire prosperous Ethiopia. So we love all our languages, history, cultures and our mother country, Ethiopia. We have to do our atmost to raise our people to the level of democratic consciousness, not to the level of national hatred, rotten chauvinism and national betrayal. To us , it is most painful to see and feel the outrages and the humiliation our people suffered at the hands of fascist butchers. In this regard genuine democrats have to take pride in the resistance to those outrages and humiliation put up from true sons of all nations and nationalities. No one , except those who have love to admire the Leadership of CUD , etc who have already declared condemnation on the fruits of the armed struggle in which hundreds of thousands have paid a lot in the form of sacrifice, imprisonment , refuge and the likes.

We have to be full of a sense of pride for the outcomes our people have in their hands. For this reasons we hate our past (when Dereg led the people into war to strike national identity and the freedom of Eritrea and our-contemptible present when the selfsame leaders of CUD and others are leading us into the old war in new form in order to throttle Eritrea and revive the Derge regime which is a disgrace to our Ethiopian dignity.

Guys, no body is to blame for being born oppressed. But an oppressed who not only abstain from a fight for pence and democracy but justifies and praises his oppression such a person is a person who behaves in a sycophantic manner and ill-mannered who announces a legitimate feeling of indignation, contempt and deep-rooted hatred to any type of national identity.

Berded,

No one is interested in your outdated style of agreement. We want a country based on individual's rights.

Dear, Eleni and Temari, when I wrote I use my brain woyane tactics are may be you don't know. When they chase Ato lidetu. lidetu he tells us about his situation woyane knows lidetus strategies is only ballot so, woyane gangs they don't want resistance we must learn we cannot defeat woyane using our ballot. That is why some leaders believe peaceful means, but the measures are not working how many people died and woyane pointed gun for all citizens. That is way woyane chase lidetu to tell us only peaceful way we must show. Any way this is my understanding. I am not a member of E.P.R.P, but I recommend to you guys listen Fenote radio analysis which woyane didn’t want it.

Email: Noah_90045@yahoo.com

City: Los Angeles

Sible
I will repeat it again. Lidetu didn't resign from CUD. It is only a shifting of position. This is also done as per his request. Period.

Lidetu didn't resign from CUD. He is only replaced from its position by Dr. Hailu Araya. He is now a member of CUD council replacing Mushe Semu (UEDP-Medhin). He gave an interview to the local press about his situation. He said that he has a different attitude and stand concerning the investigation process and the way NEBE treatments the matter. Lidetu also says on his interview that there is no crack in his party as well as in the coalition. He puts the difference as a normal that can happen in any place or organiation and he express his readiness to implement any decision made by the party as the majority is binding. Dr. Hailu also gave an explanation about Lidetu's resignation. As per his explanation Lidetu himself has found it difficult to continue as spokes person for that his difference is still there. According Dr. Araya it is b/c of the position it makes it exceptional. He says "A spokes person can't explain to others about a matter that he doesn't believe."

How about if we form "Ethiopians for Lidetu Committee" and mobilize our struggle around his decisive leadership? From what I see now, he is the only opposition party leader who is willing to stand up to the woyanne thugs, and he deserves our support.

Great idea Tezion, if CUD can't replace our leader, why not?

Dear Ato Lidetu, I was going to faint when I heard the bad news.I am sure many Ethiopians are desappointed very much as it shouldn't have come at this critical time.Why is CUD having differing views at this time when we need a united front to mobilize the people? Why are you letting down your beloved people? Why are you giving a space for EPRDF to be happy as it enjoys divide and rule?I know that it is very difficult to negotiate with EPRDF at this stage. And also I am very much concerned over your safety. Being a brave, energetic , articulte, intelligent and politician. As you started the struggle in earnest, people trusted you..Please hold on your position as one of the leaders of CUD.....we need you desperatly... you're a man of the people.

Your admirer
Konjit
London

City: London

T Tsion,

Ethiopian politics is much more than any one individual. Let us help strengthen the current democratic movement that is taking root in the country. Let us not initiat a cult movement. What Ethiopia needs at this satge is flexibility, willingness to look at all possible options to bring peace.

Mamo Qilo.

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

I don't know what to say. Lidetu is still among the 16 members of the CUD council. Don't you understand resigning from any position can happen and normal in any democratic party. Are you really in the so called democratic countries. I doubt if you are the civilized onces.

Lidetu denies division in CUD

Ato Lidetu Ayaelaw, who resigned from his position as CUD’s spokesman, dismissed rumours of division within the party as baseless. In an interview with the Amharic weekly Addis Zena, he explained that being opposed to the recent tripartite agreement signed among CUD, UEDF and the ruling party, he found himself in a difficult position to speak in favour of the agreement.

Lidetu said that as a result of his unswerving stand against an agreement with the government to end the dispute on election irregularities and vote rigging, his position became untenable. According to him, it was difficult for him to speak in public as a spokesperson as if he supported the agreement, which seemed ridiculous while the ruling party was violating human rights and committing murders across the nation.

He underlined that he continues to be fully behind the position of CUD and serves the party as a member of its council, replacing At Shemu Mussie. Lidetu said the process was fully democratic and was done with the full backing of his party.

Fanaye

ASKALU though you have strong allergy to the constitution you ought to read it and deeply grasp the full content.Otherwise your fight against it will not bear fruit for lack of understanding.Individual rights are clerly stipulated and I cannot think those rights cause any harm to any liberal like you.Ofcourse your allergy arises when you come across the rights of nations,which are group rihts. If you are not to mock at common sense and reality,it is obvious that you cannot speak of individual rights in separation of group rights as long as individuals exist in groups.If you are Amhara speaking you cannot think of your being an Amhara without associating yourself with other Amharas.So donot be half-backed. Individual rights in separation of group rights is an empty phrase of those who want to show their allegiance to those who have deep hatred to the very existance of nations and nationalities in this country.PLEASE try to show allegiance to these identities.IF this much dose does not helpyou to come back to your sense,donot hesitate to make urgent call.

TO CUD leaders, I understand how difficult situation you are, but no matter how , in this critical time you shouldn't show outside any problem between you.
you have to keep all the different ideas you have it inside and finish the mission as you have started.
Our Lidetu, although it is very difficult time for you. For the sake of Ethiopia people come back to your position.Don't give space to Woyane....be patient and flexible untill the good time come.

Please please please CUD be unite..keep your secrete untill July 8 .

Hey Compatriots,

I assure you that the decision of Ato Lidetu, who sweate and bled for the good cause, the woyane-free Ethiopia, is always a genuine and honust one. Let's all bless him for his future endavour in CUD and Ethiopia at large.

Naty

Email: natyget@yahoo.com

City: Addis ababa

To LIDETU Your concept of yourself has come from what remnants of DERGE think of you.They call you OUR LEADER,THE YOUNG MANDELA,etc.You have found yourself gearing your life to meet their expectation,the revival of old regime.The more you live what these remnants expect of you,the more insecure and pretentious you become.EXPECTATIONS will vanish on JULY 8.As you go on playing insurrection looking for pride,you deceive yourself,mam,dad etc.Hence please turn your back to what people make fun of you.Those remnants have no stamin .Donot you know how they adjusted themselves right after their KORATU MERI disappear?

Berded,

Groups' rights vs. Indivuslas rights has been debated for far too long. The latter is the best for Ethipia. Specially, for those of us who come from more than three ethnic groups.

Bring Lidetu back, the crediablity of CUD will be in question unless he is back.

Dagnachew, I don’t know what you are trying to say? Are you trying to discourage our Mandela Lidetu? I hope not. Please be faire!!
To be honest, we can’t compare young Lidetu with Derg. Lidetu is brave; so far he has done the best of what his country and his people needed from him. Have you done any? I haven’t. Can you see that how much he is loved by Ethiopian people in side and abroad and you see how many people appreciated him so far . Imagine he is not even a leader, a famous or a president…he didn’t even get chance to appear on media. What about Derg and Woyane leaders? You can imagine after all the year they rule… can anybody love and appreciate them, I never heard. Have you?
Please leave him alone as he is young, well educated and you know the rest…..
We Ethiopian have hope for the future to have brilliant politician and just hope…We have Lidetu and many more to come…… let’s pray for them to think better, to gain patient….to be wise and good diplomat… let us not discourage them.

The usefulness of Lidetu has ended with the end of the election campaign. Lidetu is good for propaganda but he is immature for the type of complicated politics which requires a refined with a depth knowledge of playing the game to lead hence the decision, though I doubt if it comes from Lidetu himself, is a wise decion. Lidetu may be used after five years for the next election campaign as a propagandist.

Email: jandeber@aol.com

City: Atlanta

I HAVE A SOLUTION

CUD is being undermined by Berhanu Nega and his group. Here is a solution: Do not support CUD anymore. Instead, support only AEUO, UEDP-Medhin and ONC. These are the three parties that are genuinly struggling for a democratic change. Sooner or later, Ato Hailu will have had it with the Berhanu faction in CUD and may be forced to dissolve the coalition as it exists. Let's prepare these three parties for that eventuality. Let's also encourage the merger of AEUO and UEDF-Medhin. Let's not allow Berhanu Nega to sabotage the people's movement for democracy in Ethiopia. God bless Hailu Shawel and Lidetu Ayalew. To hell with Berhanu Negga!

Balcha,

I support you 100%

I TOLD YOU LONG AGO HOW INCOMPETENT WAS LIDETU FOR THE POSITION HE ASSUMED AT THE MOMENT WHEN WE ETHIOPIANS EXPECTED DELIGENCE AND STAMINA. I WAIVED HIM FOR LOWER ROLES WHEN I HEARD HIS WRONG COMMENTS AT THE TIME OF HIS FIRST HOUSE-ARREST - THE DAY WHEN 30 ABOVE ETHIOPIAN ROSES WERE FALLING. HE WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW LONG HOURS (JUST 48 HRS!) HE HAS BEEN WITHOUT LUNCH OR DINNER MEALS. IT WAS SUCH A WINDOW OF INTERNATIONAL AIR TIME THAT HE SHOULD HAVE SAID MUCH BIGGER AND RESPONSIBLE ISSUES TO THE WORLD INSTEAD OF THAT SELF-CENTERING AND TRIVIAL COMMENTS. IT IS A GOOD INCIDENCE TO CUD THAT IT CAME EARLY TO KNOW ITS SPOKESPERSON DEXTERITY AND GAVE IT A CHANCE TO PLACE A MORE COMPETENT AND RIGHT PERSON AT THE RIGHT TIME. DR HAYLU ARAYA WAS MY LECTURER AND I HAVE WORKED AROUND HIM AND HAS A GOOD REPUTATION. HE IS VERY LIBERAL, PATIENT, CREATIVE. MY ONLY FEAR ABOUT HIM IS THAT IF HE HAS ANY DOUBLE AGENT ROLE IN THE WHOLE GAME AS HE WAS VERY AMICABLE TO EPRDF (ESPECIALLY WITH BITSAY SIYYE ABRAHA TO BEGIN WITH AND THEN WITH ABBOY SEBHAT NEGA!). POLETICS IS SO DIRTY THAT WE HAVE TO ALWAYS CROSS OUR FINGERS AND WATCH OUT EVERY BODY - NO MATTER WHO!!!! I AM OPEN TO CORRECTIONS IF I AM MISTAKENLY OR ERRONEOUSLY BLAMING HIM. I APOLOGIZE DR HAILU. I STILL RESPECT AND ADMIRE YOU. AND CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING PMDF SCORE. YOU ARE A LASTING ONE. KEEP IT UP. LIDETU'S RESIGNATION IS A BLOW TO EPRDF. BECAUSE, IT BADLY NEEDS SUCH INCOMPETENT AND PRETEXT-FULL ORATORS TO EXCUSE FOR ALL ITS EVIL DEEDS.

City: Houston, TX

Rachel,you are not able to argue in civilized manner.Avoid such a word which exposes your stupidity.It is not ethical.You used the word to irritate me.Such behaviour is acceptable in the camp of LUMPENS.It can make you approachable by them.When you play the game with them you can prove how much you are capable of polluting clean air.

Our lengthy discussion on the resignation of Lidetu does not deserve admiration.Do we realy think CUD will collapse as a result of his move? Do we suppose he decides our existance? If you say YES you are building personality cult that dameges CUD.Please give up such worthless habit.If you donot it is because this habit gives you some pleasure.Be honest with yourselves and yourselves how you could achieve the pleasure doing something different that amounts to your life.

To all concerned,

Lidetu, on his interview with "NETSANT" (An independent newspaper), says his resignation is FOR GOOD.

TEREGAGU!!!

CUD has made grave mistakes by mirroring what has happend in UKRAINE-one by one.The opposition there said election rig it says her election rig.They call on strike ther,it also calls on strike.It seems that whatever is done elsewhere it does the same here.IS IT NOT AMAZING?

Sorry for using the bad word on Daganchew. The thing he said got me on my nerves. Right, stupid of me!

Email: rachel_br@yahoo.com

CUD is like a God given miracle child for a great majority of Ethiopians as demonstrated on Gunbot 7. Though it is a new entity as a coalition, the parties in the coalition are not new to the politics of Ethiopia. Moreover, the individuals, both the rank and file and at the leadership level, are seasoned and level headed politicians. However, the recent incident in relation to Ato lidetu's resignation is a mind boggling to me. I know it is healthy and democratic to have opinion differences and still work together concentrating on the major issues. But, Ato Lidetu's resignation is uncalled for and damages the image of CUD in the face of the international community. It also causes disappointment and destroys public confidence in your ability to handle differences. Ato Lidetu, in my opinion, is wrong in arriving at the decision he reached at when examined in terms of the timing i.e He did it at a time when more understanding and cooperation is expected more than ever before. To sum up, I urge you to convince Ato Lidetu in a democratic manner and through gentle persuasion to examine and re-examine his stance regarding his resignation and take back his position. This noble mission has to be accomplished soon using your accumulated wisdom and Ethiopian excellent mediation talent. The days when "enachenfalen" and "enashenfalen" were a serious bone of contention are gone. The days when the "difference" between "lab-ader" and "wez-ader" used to cause the deaths of thousands are gone for good, never to come back. We are in a completely different era. The elderly guys in the CUD have to take a father image to the energetic and smart guys like Lidetu. Lidetu in return should also keep an open mind to learn from accumulated wisdom of the senior citizens in the CUD. I want to hear your reaction on my comment.
Hagere Ethiopia

Email: hagere_ethiopia

I like your comment Hagere! But if you look at the establishment of CUD from the beginning, the parties worked as one with their existed differences. As I understand Lidetu's situation, he could not serve as a spokesman having a different personal opinion- (He was saying in an interview with a local newspaper). What would you do if you were in his position? Would you be able to give comments on things you dont believe in? Tell me? Me, I wont!! I would do the same thing - asking another position (Remind you that he didnt resign from the party-just reassignment)!!

Email: rachel_br@yahoo.com

Rachel:
I appreciate your comment. The difference Lidetu claims to have vis a vis the stance of the majority in the coalition is NOT on the basic political philosophy of the CUD. It is a simple tactical difference regarding how to go about in the election probing process. The reason, though vaguely, forwarded by Lidetu does not warrant his resignation. If it was a difference on economic policy, foreign policy, federal structure etc I could have understood him. I still stick to my position he should reconsider his stance.

Email: hagere_ethiopia

I fully agree to what Dagnchew has put bluntly.We have to have ower sense of direction rather than blind faith in the mind of LIDETU which is full of impractical ideas.Reliance on his mind is like reliance on a map that has anachronisms built into it.

Rachel is contributing to the diorganization of our party,CUD.We need strict party discipline.LIDETU should be abided by majority .I suggest he should be punished for what he did in irrational manner.