Author
Comment
"Our patience is running out!"

"Our patience is running out!"
... Opposition leader Hailu Shawel - audio

visit this to listen
http://www.aeup.org/new/static/radio/HS_062405.mp3

Re: "Our patience is running out!"

It is beyond frustrating to know that the suffering of our Ethiopian brothers and sisters is continuing. Ethiopians lived together with our differences for thousands of years. Sure we have our problems too. But who doesn’t. During Haile Selasae with all the problems we had, we didn’t kill each other. During Mengestu Haile Mariam with all the problems we had, we didn’t kill each other. Now this blood- thirsty killer is fooling the world by telling them; unless he is ruling the country there is going to be Rwanda II in Ethiopia. He is our Rwanda II. He has already started. He is watching if the world is watching him. I am afraid, if he realizes that nobody cares, he is going to massacre the peace loving people of Ethiopia. Please, my beloved Ethiopians put the pressure on both the Republicans and the Democrats senators of your states to act soon.

God/Allah Bless Ethiopia

CUD's president is right. We are running out of patience. EPRDF still terrorize the people everywhere, from big cities to small villages. We must continue our cry to the international community. Two days ago, EPRDF released some people from Ziway's prison. However, the situation in Sendafa where our brothers and sisters held hostage is unknown. I hope Ato Hailu will discuss their situation with the Diplomatic groups during his meeting on Monday. It is obvious that (students) are suffering equally as CUD members.

GOD bless our people!

Email: Daveteff@yahoo.com

City: San Jose

I THINK IT IS A TIME FOR THOSE HIGH PROFILE ETHIOPIAN IN THE COUNTRY START EXPRESSING THEIR POINT OF VIEWS AND TO URGE THE GOVERNMRNT TO RESPECT THE WILL IF THE PEOPLE. WHETHER THEY ARE SPORT PERSONS, RELIGION LEADERS AND ACADAMICS

Email: yonatandegagu@hotmail.com

City: Australia/ Melb

I've always had a great deal of admiration for Ato Hailu Shawel. I respect him even more now. He is a true popular movement. He is stepping forward to lead the struggle, and I'll follow him all the way.

This is the moment to decide whether you are with the Ethiopian people or against them. Meles and his criminal gang are trampling upon every law in the land. The only way they can be stopped is when Ethiopians rise up in one voice and say enough. If you are a priest, a singer, an athlete, a judge, a police officer, a studnet, etc., this is the time to stand up and be counted. No Ethiopian can honestly claim to be neutral in this fight for the survival and better future of our country.

A response to Zeresenai's comment:

Zeresenai,
In my opinion, some of the key qualities and experiences required for a high visibility position, such as what Ato Hailu will potentially assume, are:

1. clarity of vision
2. capability to sacrifice oneself for the causes and concerns of all Ethiopians
3. sincerity and caring attitude
4. carismatic personality
5. stability and balance
6. maturity and farsightedness
7. education
8. Ability to pull resources to solve problems

With all due respect, Ato Hailu not only meets these requirements but also exceeds them.

Clearly, historically, Ethiopia has been lacking most of these qualities in its leaders.

I suspect that you might be trying to undermine confidence by sowing a seed of doubt in the minds of the readers. I have reasons to believe you are trying to do just that: Your contemptuous reference to CUD party as "CUD gelemele party," is a case in point.
If that is what you are trying to do, I strongly urge you to refrain from such cheap shots!

Just per chance you happen to be a citizen of Eritrea (or its operative), I have another message for you: I keep you on notice that you DO have reasons to fear because the current regime in Ethiopia is the best arrangement you could ever have, and sadly, its days are numbered. When the will of the Ethiopian people is truly expressed, it will be much further downhill for Eritrea.

AjiRea

Hailu Shawel is a genuine man of his people. You know he can live life to the best without involving himself in the politics specially with the woyane regime. He has preferred it however for his people.
What is more ppericated from him:
He is always stepping forward!!!!!!
Many officials do have tendency of stepping backward especially when there is murder and the likes even with in CUD itself. In UEFD, Dr. Beyene used to do that. He just steps back while harassment is continuing one by one.

Hailu will be definitely great leader. He can really make difference. Several economically poor leadres will soon or later make the country poor. That is actually why economical background is a key requirment in many developed countries for seeking political positions.

Forget the so called Beyene. He used to call a colinition govn't with EPRDF.How on Earth is that possible colinition with EPRDF???????

As sombody in other thread said, He was in the parilament as old as EPRDF.

Ato hailu shawel will be a good leader. He is matured and very reasonable guy. He is one of the best engineer. And he will be the engineer of the country to build it. Personally Dr. Petros is good too. I like Dr. Merara Gudina too. My fear is becouse the next ethiopian leaders are to ellite, they may require every single ethiopian to finish college - atleast one degree.

Email: hopester@yahoo.com

City: usa

Eng. Hailu is just a man!!! He can build the country as you said. I strongly believe that. There are lots of reasons to verify this his interest. He has enough to live for his life even better than the cabinnal Meles. He is not position seeker. He is not looking for routes to get highly corrupted. I think this man is doing only to bring better life for his people.

I do also agree that Dr Merara is good. Dr Beyene
does not seem strong. You know he has been in the parilament like EPRDF for 13 or more years. He knows that there has not been any fair and free election. So why is he site idle in as MP? It rather encourages EPRDF to continue using its way as it used to be. EPRDF wants some oppositions to have seats where Dr Beyene has been respecting their interest for that. If we believe that there is mass rregularities in the election, what is the need to join the parilament??? Is it may be an adiction to
speak lound where there is no listener. Some times we find him siding to EPRDF. His opinion is becoming quite unpredictable.

Now: It is time for him as well. Only those elected guys who believe that the election was fair shall join take the seats. I think it is shame to take seat only since we have got it.

I NOTED THAT THE INDIVIDUALS IN THE LEADERSHIP OF THE OPPOSITION PARTIES ARE GOOD TO THEMSELVES AND WHEN ALONE. HOWEVER, I HAVE ALREADY NOTED THAT THEIR SYNERGY IS JUST THE KILLER OF THEIR WALKING TOGETHER EVEN FOR THE VERY FIRST STRIDE. THEY HAVE THEIR OWN PRIORITIES AND BASICALLY (MANY TIMES DIAMETRICALLY) DISAGREE ON FUNDAMENTAL NATIONAL ISSUES. PLEASE, DON'T COUNT MUCH ON ENGINEER HAILU SHAWL. AS TO MY BEST INFORMED KNOWLEDGE HE WILL NOT TO MAKE IT EVEN TO THE FIRST PHASE OF THE EXPECTED OPPOSITION LEADERSHIP FOR MANY REASONS BECAUSE OF HIS LOW SCORE AT POWER MATRIX DISORIENTATION FACTOR (PMDF) AS GUAGED BY POWER BROKERS OF THE US SUCH AS THE INTERAFRICAN GROUP ANALYSTS. FOR THOSE FAMILIAR WITH THIS FIGURE, ETHIOPIA AT THIS TIME NEEDS A PERSONA LEADERSHIP WITH ACUTELY HIGH SCORE AS THE REGIME IS SO SAVAGE AND DETERMINED TO THE LAST LINE OF THE RUN. MR LENCHO LETA (WITH SOME OTHER WEAKER POINTS) AND, UNFORTUNELY, THE LATE PROFESSOR ASRAT HAVE OUTSTANDING SCORES. IT IS A BIT LENGTHY TO GIVE A LECTURE ON THIS BUT YOU CAN GOOGLE ON THE INTERNET TO GET FAMILIAR WITH THE SCORING MECHANISM. THUS, MY FEAR IS THAT EPRDF WILL MANAGE TO STICK ON POWER FOR THE COMING TERM WITH SOME DIFFICULTY. OPPOSITION WILL REMAIN ON THE RUN AND GAINING STRENGTH AND EXPERIENCE IN THE PROCESS FOR A BETTER SHOT FOR THE NEXT ELECTION. GOOD LUCK!

Email: Nsemay@yahoo.com

City: Houston, TX

I have got no doubt about Hailu.
We will see. This is not the last phase in the game.
i wouuld rather say, you have not understood him.
Lencho Letta:
He is still in the sinking boat. Did n't you hear his conversation with VOA? It was unbelievable. He is still talking about Languge,ethincs ... very trivial stuffs. He could have died in his country like Asrat rather than running away and preaching Languge and ethinics politics while living in the USA.
He has only a tube vision, to watch the oromo people ruling ethiopia!! I would be happy if he were able to say Ethiopia should be for ethiopians. Ethiopia should be ruled by ethiopians no matter from which ethincs group the leader come from as long as there is democracy.
I am not oromo. But why should i care if Dr. Merara holds primer position and lead the country in the right way. As long as he is able to bring democracy and free society in the country, why do i need to consider his ethics groud? We have to evalute leaders by their performance regardless of ethincs and languge. Otherwise ethiopia will have 14 prime ministers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lecho, did not manage to do that. Let him right books. He has now got good job in the absence dialogue.

Lehaksibal, (your named should be lewshetsibal/ lemadenagersibal)

What PMDF are you taking about? Who cares for your abstarct philosophy? Who the hell are you to write such thing in a carless way at this very critical time? What ever you and your woyane leaders are saying, Eng. Hailu Shawel is the man of his word and his promise for Ethiopians. You keep on telling your useless PMDF philosophy but we continue to be governed by facts and actions. Hailu is doing all that perfectly. We trust and depend on him very much. Hailu and CUD will make Ethiopia Free. We are wide aware that they are working under a very high risk, we are not sure what is going to happen any time from now, but we shall follow Hailu and CUD. Let Woyane kill until his agazis are tired of killing but we will never surrender. We are 70 million!!!!

We need a courageous leader like Hailu.

Lehaksibal,

We should choose our leaders, no one else. He is elected by highly educated people. There are Doctors and highly educated peoples below him. There is a good reason for being chosen to be the leader. You should have trust in there decision of electing him.

City: bermuda triangle

You put it right Ethiopia. We should be the ones to choose our leaders. It is not the philosophy of lehaksibal's PMDF test. As far as we trusted CUD we should trust Hailu. ... and he is the man who is always stepping forward.

Dear Ethiopia,
Why do not you select Dr. Beyene Betros to lead Ethiopia? The hidden agenda not to chose him is clear like day. I do not need to go further in details.
Beyen Betros is the true leader since he currently wants to break the cycle violence. That is why he opted to be part of the unitied government. On the other hand, Haile is a business man who does not have a clue of Ethiopia politics except to be the implementation person of "idea cooked" by Negede. To add insult to injury, he is acting in the name of Negede Gobeze instruction. Imagine Ethiopia rules and drives by Haile with the fascistic mind ( engine ) of Negede Gobeze. Then, we will see Ethiopia not different from red sea with blood.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Only the opposition have have the right to talk much. But the rest must wakeup, standup and intensify the fight. Stop being the talking group. show them your true character in practise rather than hiding in somewhere and saying i'm coming as a dog bluffing while you are not mean it. They think they know you already that you have lots of sbstances in you causing you to have lots of fear. if you love your people and country, you would be fighting against their enemy in practical ways. Talk, talk, talk, i'm tired of you all. look people from other countries how they fight for the sake of their country and people. but you who have nothing to lose are afraid to confront and die a respectful death. when the politicians are fighting in rooms, you have to fight against the people enemy in fields. You have to open fire in many ways. talk, talk, talk, still talk, don't vomit it on me. You are in between life and death. But still you are afraid to die. people in other countries who have everything are dieing after inflicting damages to their country enemies. But the people of Ethiopia is afraiding too much to die while they are living a misery life because of the TPLF regime. They don't know how to stand for themselves. They have lots of fear more than any living things what so ever. why don't people all over the country stand up and confront woyane with force? you, stop talking too much from your hiding, standup and organise and lead those who are ready to confront woyane.
think about it. without major sacrifice you will never rideoff this regime. if you give them time now, they will rule you with unpresented crime. so, don't afraid to lose properties, job, to be in prison, to disapeared or to die. if you leave them to rule you now, later they will do everything against you including a painful death. Politicians must negotiate. but the people 72 million must uprise. They must be violants if their right illegaly taken by illegal people such as Meles, propaganda bereket, leftover taker a tail to Satans, addisu. mothers, fathers, religion people and the rest must stop interfearing with their chidlren and neighbours uprising against the cruel regime. instead they have to join with the struggle. don't afraid to confront the people enemy. if you continue only with the way you are doing now, not only meles but his children who is growning up with crime will rule you. stand up now. everyone has equal right in a country. there is no any justification while the rest of the ethiopian people are living in a cronic poverty life the same time few criminals with the name of leadership are living as follows:
Ethiopia loot: Meles tops list of millionaire officials By Our Staff Writer; June 23, 2005 ADDIS ABABA (June 23) - Prime Minister Meles Zenawi and 14 of his top officials have stashed away at least $238 million dollars out of which Meles, the mayor of Addis and a top confident of the premier have a combined deposit of $100 million in overseas banks, a radio reported on Wednesday. Meles, Addis Ababa Mayor Arkebe Ekubai, and TPLF founder and Meles Zenawi's mentor Sebhat Nega were having their deposits in Bank of Malaysia and Deutsche Bank, Tensae Radio reported yesterday. The radio said it has the evidence which verifies the loot of the Ethiopian treasury by the top-notch of the regime which is trying to contain public protests through killings, detentions and prolonging a state of emergency. Reported in the loot of treasury of one of the world's poorest countries is also the president of the Addis Ababa University, Prof. Endreas Eshete as well as Education Minister Genet Zewde, all with close ties to the ruling party. The radio said the officials had a history of stashing away the funds and depositing them under the names of their direct family members. Meles and his ruling party owns a chain of multi-million-dollar business establishments registered as "endowment funds" and are exemptred from taxation. Almost all of Meles Zenawi's officials were defeated in elections held in May but subsequent decreeing of a state of emergency and the brutal killings of unarmed demonstrators in Addis on June 8 has cast uncertainty about the future of the country , prompting observers to ask whether the looters would rely on violence to continue as government, or flee the country as most of the officials have their families settled in western capitals. One of the poorest countries in the world, Ethiopia receives about $2 billion a year in humanitarian aid for survival. Name of EPRDF official Stolen Fund Amount Bank Location
Prime Minister Meles Zenawi $41 million Malasyia
Amb. Berhane Gebre-Kirstos $19 million New York City
Abadi Zemo $22 million Switzerland
Sebhat Nega $29 million Germany
Tefera Walewa $9 million Candada
Shimelis Kindie $12 million Canada
Addisu Legesse $14 million New York City
Prof. Endrias Eshete $7 million New York City
Arkebe Ekubai $29 million Malaysia
Abai Tsehaye $19 million Malaysia
Genet Zewdie $6 million New York City
Amb. Mohammed Duri $4 million New York City
Dr Maru Yirdaw $11 million Germany
Bereket Simon $10 million Germany
Kuma Demeksa $6 million Canada
(Source: Tensae Ethiopian Radio - June 22, 2005) ETHIOMEDIA.COM - ETHIOPIA'S PREMIER NEWS AND VIEWS WEBSITE

Email: HI@hotmail.com

City: A.A

Dear Members:
Look at the calculated and measured comment of Dr. Beyene Petros to CUD

CUD concerned by composition of NEBE's investigation panel
Sunday June 26th, 2005 02:21.

By Binyam Alemayehu, The Ethiopian Reporter

ADDIS ABABA, June 25, 2005 -- At a time when the National Electoral Board (NEB) is about to begin probing into nearly half of the 299 complaints of alleged irregularities and fraud, Ethiopia's main opposition party, the coalition for Unity and Democracy (CUD), expressed its concern over the appointment of what it called "pro-government" officials of NEB to the complaints investigation committee.

CUD's Election Executive Committee Chairman Gizachew Shiferaw said CUD feared that the assignment of NEB's officials, Ato Tesfaye Mengesha and Mekonnen Wondimu, as two or the three chairs to the complaints investigation committee, might jeopardize the investigation process since, as he said, the two officials had time and again manifested their pro-EPRDF stance.

Gizachew said the third member of committee was going to be a legal expert of the board. He said that while such massive and controversial investigation entailed personalities with ample educational and legal background, the credentials and independence of the two officials were too inadequate to quality them for the job. The CUD official, nevertheless, said his party would exhaust all the legal means to help Ethiopians achieve a clean sweep to a new democratic order.

Asked what CUD would do if the court ruled against it, Gizachew said his party was not bent on filing complaints after complaints, as cohorts of the ruling regime claim, but on ensuring that people's votes are respected.

"We want to test the efficiency and independence of what EPRDF calls democratic institutions such as NEB and the Federal Supreme Court. The electoral process is going to proceed with such a legal manner, and our party would accept any result coming out of a fair and accurate investigation, even if it means losing for CUD."

Meanwhile, the vice chairman of the United Ethiopian Democratic Forces (UEDF), Beyene Petros, said that although NEB's Ato Tesfaye and Ato Mekonnen had been assigned to lead the complaints committee, he believed several party representatives and other legal professionals working under them could very will influence their decisions." I don't think these two individuals could reject objections from various investigation team members," he said.

According to Beyene, UEDF has learnt that the best way to defeat EPRDF over its attempt to unduly influence the board was to support complaints with sufficient evidence. "We believe that all of our complaints submitted to the board are sufficient evidence to achieve justice over EPRDF's erroneous vote rigging," he said.

Nevertheless, Beyene Petros said his party did not have the intention to sit idly by in the next parliament while people's votes were manipulated and trampled upon.

Ibrahim,

It seems that you are working hard for your kings, the the 21st century Nazis - Meles & Co. We can see that you are working day and night to destroy the popular CUD leader which you can't. Let me assure you that you will be thrown away to hell with your king Meles very soon. That is the fact. You were stupid enough to say that Hailu Shawel is working under the influence of Negede Gobeze. This is the day and night song of Bereket and Meles and their dogs like you. Who is in the same party with Negede? Hailu or Beyene? Please shut up your wide mouth and leave alone Hailu. I know you ******* woyanes are working day and night to destroy CUD leaders. Let us tell you the truth: You might succeed destroying Hailu and his noble team of CUD but you can't destroy their vision. We are ready to take up and continue the strugglle. There are millions of Hailu, Lidetu, Birhanu, Admasu, Mesfin, Hailu Araya, Yacob, etc... Today, you don't see this because your eyes are covered by the bloodshed of poor Ethiopians but you will regret for all steps you are ready to persue now.

Do not try to apply your backward divide and rule policy. Both Beyene and Hailu are the true sons of Ethiopia. Since, I don't know Negede, I can't say any thing. You see I am trying to teach you Ethiopiawi chewanet. If you don't know somebody you should keep quite and wait to learn. You Ibrahim you don't know Hailu and Beyene as well as CUD and UEDF. But you just foolow your masters and open your wide mouth.

Dil le Ethiopia! Wudiket le woyane buchiloch like Ibrahim!!!

Ibrahim:
We know whom you are and hence what you talk.
Do you think that people will expect some thing good
out of your big mouth? If that was the case,EPRDF would have been the one people would love it much.

Dear Eleni and PP,
Thanks for teaching me the nice culture of the north; however, tie your belt so that I will teach you also my southern culture which is based upon honesty, straighforwardness and clarity of the issue without mischief.
First, I agree with Dr. Beyene since he is fighting for the equal right of all Ethiopian from all walks of life. That is to say, I second when he was fighting with Hailu and Lidetu on the question of nationalities. He believes that every human being is born free and nobody should accept the immposition of his/her culture on other. That is article 39. Your beloved Hailu is working hard to make operational the instructions of Negede which is to reinstate the hegemony of nation on others. You should learn from United States of America. In addition, I am not sure if you were in Ethiopian in the heday of Ethiopain student movement when Negede has killed left and right my comrades Mesrat Shifarawo, Wondu Nega, Debasay to a name a few. Those martirs did not know the language of ethnic,but they were fighting for all Ethiopia regardless of ethnic, language and religion.
Second, on the current election, Dr. Beyene who is caring for all ethiopian does not want to settle things in violence. That is why, he wants to work with any outcome of the election for Ethiopian. On the other hard, your myopic and narrow ethnicsit who is working day and night to impose the hegemony of one ethnic group does opt to inciting innocent ethiopian to be his springboard so as to jump to the power seat.
Third, Dr. Beyene represents 50 different antionalities and nations and now he will soon include Somali, Oromos( unless Merrara makes fastly up his mind and forget the old shortcoming that he inherited from Meson and being siding wih the architect of that organization, Negede Gobeze). To add insult to injury, Mr. Hailu and Lidetu are working hard to bring the world of yesterday which is the domination of one ethnic group on the other while blaming the others to stand for ethnic identity.
Lastly, I wish that I have the power that you are giving me and to be Woyane foot soldiers as you are for CUD. Then, I will call Meles and tell him to include OLF, Afar, Kambelas and ESDC( you might not know this organization, I have to spell it for you Ethiopian Somali Democratic Council) and then Ethiopia will be still moving in the right direction.

Gorilla:

You are banned from writing in this forum for engaging in ethnic slur. Insults and ethnic slurs against any one are not tolerated here. There is no justification for such behavior.

Ibrahim:
Thanks for letting us know your organization.
Where does it stay? is it in the USA like you? or..
You have zero knowledge of CUD. You better read their website and get endwod with at least some information
to talk with.
Big question: is Negeda member of CUD???
looking forward and backward to hearing from you

well said hailu,
stand for the real vote of the people or side with the woyanes and be instrument for them to pretend as real democracy exists in ethiopia.
keep on standing for the people and soon we will see the people own their country and its dentiny.

Regardless of my siding with his views on Ethiopia, I seriously question Ato Hailu's capability to lead the country out of a possible turmoil. He's too hasty , too confrontational , and too uncompromising !!

He should step back and let the calmer , more arful politicians take over. He seems to rely on foreign governments coming to the resue of the people when Meles launches his merciless actions.
It's simply unacceptable for him to go public saying his patience is running dry.

City: Addis

The Hammer, we don't want our political leaders to sell us out by negotiating away our votes. Any one who compromises on the people's vote is a sell out and an opportunist of the worest kind. Ato Hailu feels the pain of those people who are struggling with him, who are now being tortured in prison, while your types are talking about calm.

We all have to encourage the opposition groups CUD & EUDF TO STAND FIRM ON THEIR STRUGLLE T OVERTHROW THE BARBARIC REGIME OF MELESE, TO STAND BESIDE THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE WHO DESERVE A MORE BETTER GOVT. NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY DIFFER IN SOME ISSUES,THEY MANAGE TO COME TOGETHER TO FIGHT WOYENE AND WE SHOULD APPLAUD THIS DECISION AND SUPPORT THEM. There are many Ethiopians who are brave and did not side with Woyane but always expose the regime's atrocities commited against our people for the last 14 yeard/ Our responsibility is to continue demonstrating, wage hunger strike, expose HODAM BANDAS whereever they are to speed up the downfall of Meles..PLEASE LET US NOT REST FROM DOING THIS ...LET US REMEBER THOUSANDS OF YOUND AND OLD,MALE AND FEMALE ETHIOPIANS ARE NOW BEING TORTURED INSIDE CONCENTRATION CAMP LIKE WOYNE'S PRISONS....LET US STAND FIRM..NO MORE COUNTING VOTES,THE BOXES ARE ALREADY TAMPERED WITH...MELES AND HIS BANDS MUST GO NOW.

Email: senug@aol.com

City: landover, md

Really, I agree with The Hammer. After all that transpired. After all the dead youngesters and children. And most importantly, after signing an agreement with the relevant poarties, is this the right time to say "OUR PATIENCE IS RUNNING OUT"? Is this something we expect from a responsible leader? Ok. So, his patience run out. What is next? Isn't this by itself inciting violence? Is he sending a message to those who have a plan with him to prepare for the next eventuality? Is he saying, we are losing, but we are not going down quietly? Genetlemen, I am not quite sure if these guys are ready to lead. there needs to be a thorough background check up on them. For them to claim they represent the whole Ethiopian people, they should have had{and had ample time to do so}an open and transparent discussions with ALL, I mean ALL Ethiopians, in an open forum, instead of meeting their chosen few and trying to decide for all of us.
This guy scares the heck out of me. For all I know, he could be worse than the present government. Don;t be surprised if you see them running for their lives, claming someone is after them, after theyir lit the country with unnecessary violence. The other thing that really bothers me is their dependence on the international community. Every move they make, they amke sure the outsiders are watching. Why not count on the people? On the people that really matter. The Ethiopians!

Tazabi,

He "sacres the hell out of you" b/c you could be a woyanne. Ato Hailu is set out to do what the people of Ethiopia expressed through their votes. Ato Hailu will not compromise their votes.

Desta, you said I am scared of the person because i am a Weyane? No, I am not, but as usual, anyone who fairly and openly opposed anyone and explained, is still considered to be a Weyane? What happened to Democracy that we are crying about? don't I have the right to oppose his or your views. But I guess, as the majority of people, specially those Ethiopians abroad, anyone who opposes the opposition MUST BE a Weyane. Right? Sda, but true. I did not say Meles should win. I did not say I am for the ruling party. Did I? All I talked about is what I thought of this particular person. But looking at how they have manipulated you and carved the way you think, it only reinforce my worries about the mess we can be in if we let these guys lead us. If they were truly democratic, and so were you, you would have given me the chance to voice my opinion without caliing me a Weyane or what not. Isn't it about DEMOCRACY that we are here? Before I go, don't you think the Weyanes should get some credit for getting us here?

Tazabi, you proved my point. The only thing woyane needs to get is punishment for spilling the blood of innocent fellow Ethiopians. Do you think the murder of those young people in the streets of Addis Ababa should go unanswered? They were shot to death under the direct orders of Meles Zenawi. For this he should get be brought before court for murder, not to mention all the other crimes he committed.

Desta, no, I have not proven your point. Although that;s what you want to make believe. I am also, like you, sad that so many young bloods and lives had to be lost unnecessarily. I also stand, like you, holding Meles, as the leader of the forces who were suppoosed to protect, responsible for those loss of lives. But my point, you failed to see, what does that have to do with the Weyanes? Or have you long decided that you would never see Weyane, the struggle of the Tigrayan peasnats,separately from the tyranny and dictatorial rule of Meles. Why? because Meles is Tigrayan. Right? That was the point you missed or should I say, chose to overlook. Hey, I have a question for you, Desta. Is this CUD party we have contending to rule the country and Amara party? Or is it Oromo? You see what I mean? if you can not separate Meles and his rule from the Tigrayans, why should you expect anyone, Tigrayan, Amara, Gurage or Oromo, not to see this party(CUD) the same way. Again, I think you just proved the collective hatred you have for certain ethnic group of Ethiopia. My point.

I have met many people from different part of the world in the past. I exchanged ideas with them about many things including the people's behaviours. Soon, it became clear that the Ethiopians are very different than the majority of the world population. Their differences describing them to the weak and negative side of human activities. One of the many examples to their weak and backward characters is also their approach to the recent Election in the country. They are lucking a very basic knowledge of right and responsibility to their common country. Instead of fighting to the common cause, they are siding with the gorilla basesed govt/TPLF/.
Woyane sees Tigry as homeland. Members of the ruling party in high position including diplomats are from Tigry. They took fertile and breathtaking land from Gondor and Wollo(more than 50% of the present Tigry territory) without any justification. They limited our Capital city (the city of all Ethiopians) territory with few yards. Generally they are ruling the country with division in order they be able to rule as much as they want. But still I don't understand the rest of the Ethiopian people. Why people in Gonder, wollo---are dividing among themselves while all of them are victims to woyane criminal policy. The opposition leaders and supporters in Gonder, wollo, bahir dar and other areas are imprisoned, terrorised or killed by their own people who are working for woyane. That is why I said Ethiopians are very different than people from other part of the world. Those who born and grown up in Gonder, dessie, Bahir dar, Debre Markos, Addis ababa, awasa, Nazret, Gimma--- and in the surrounding areas are standing side by side with Woyane against their own area and people interest. These people are the main enemies to the Ethiopian people. Because of them is still woyane affecting all Ethiopian. If those in Addis and other places stop working for woyane and take the people side, woyane would no have reason to stay in power. Who is terrorizing and putting them in jail the oppositions and its supporters in Gonder, wollo, bahir dar, Gimma, Awassa---? Theese are the local police and the so called EPRDF leaders who are officially the children of these areas.. Look Melaku Teffea, he was from in Gonder, but remember what he did to the people of Gonder. At least Derg was killing for the unity of Ethiopia. But Meles and his criminal friends are working to Disintegrate Ethiopia. The First time in the country History, because of meles Ethiopia became land locked. They are dividing the country according to the Ethnic line while they took vast amount of land from gonder and wollo. They are doing anything they like as they said recently that Addis Ababa will be for Oromo. They don't know or may be they think they are foreigner that is why they don't feel the city is for all Ethiopians including them. There is no a single city in the world that its territory is limited with few yards while it is the resident to millions and the capital city of Africa. But those stupid the so called Ethiopians are still working for woyane to help them for the destruction of Ethiopia. Look people such as in the NEB, police, secret forces, military, the media(the main and liar, unprofessional cruel, enemies of Ethiopia) and others are true Ethiopians. But still they are working to restore Meles who have 41 million dollar secretly in Malaysia bank and the rest of his criminal friends with similar behaviours.If these people are not working for woyane, the leadership position will be soon for the Ethiopian people including them. But they are still continuing working for woyane all over the country.
That is why I said Ethiopians are too different than the rest of the world. Foolish, slow, weak, primitive, fearful, leftover takers, close to animals who are born and live to serve others as they are doing to serve few criminals as the member of the TPLF are. Learn from your Mistake and act accordingly. Derg was bad but Ethiopia was for all. Woyane is Evil came from desert to destabilise and destroy Ethiopia. The police, NEB members, the security force, the military, the main Ethiopian enemies with unbelievable lie and tie with Woyane(the journalist)and the rest who are you still working for little meles and his propaganda bereket against the oppositions and their supporters? Stop. Each of you be the true Ethiopian. woyane is from and for Tigry. Oppositions are from every corner of Ethiopia to the Ethiopian people. I would like to see you now standing side by side with the people. Stop being against the people as you did in the past to protect meles who is in our palace surrounding with military forces to protect him as if he is already in prison convicted by the people court and kept inside by prison guards. He is ruling the country from his hiding. Our palace is became the hiding place to criminals such as he is.
So, all Ethiopians must come together. Woyane have still hidden agenda. Before it becomes too late, ride off this cruel regime now and for all.
Do the right thing in the right direction. Little Meles is a very wrong direction. Ask yourself once more. Ask from where you came from and where are you going. Meles is not the answer, the Ethiopian people are the answer.

Email: wgud@hotmail.com

City: A.A

Mr. Woygud,
If there is anyone to say Woygud, it is us, the Ethiopian people, wonedring on how our enemies work. You are obviously surprised, explaining your name Woygud, that the Ethiopian people did not go on each other's throats. But why are you surprised? We are not that kind of people. I am sorry and happy that your dream, including that of meles did not come true.

Tazabi,

We know where you want to take us when you say "I think you just proved the collective hatred you have for certain ethnic group of Ethiopia. My point." e have no problem with Tigray people, ok.

Please stop you into fonto. who made you tazabi after all. If you are an Ethiopian and a tazabi then you are not an Ethiopian or you are one of the hodams. eat, drink and serve your master until the day comes. Don't worry we are pedaling fast to victory through the leadership of CUD which is currently chaired by Hailu Shawel. Don't try to attak our leaders because you don't succeeced.

True Ethiopians like Desta, fasten yopur belt and go forward towards freedom.

Dear Eleni,
Our organization has been part of the 15 oppositions group that have met in Washington DC. Then, we walked out after we found out that All Amahra Ledetu and Gabeyon were mad that Beyene and Merrara were in the power seat. The primary reason of their argument was to rule at any expense.
On the question of Neged Gobege being member of CUD, you do not have to waist your time to locate in which organization he is working as member. In the nutshel, he is the brain behind all violence and to find his parroting style of politics, just read the recent article of Solomon Terfa in Ethiomedia who is inviting all Ethiopain to kill Meles and settle in violence and fighting instead of going through dialogue and negociation. Negede is the man who is navigating and orchestrating the socalled opposition group except Beyen Betros.
Moreover, our organization is functioning in Somali region and uphold the principle of equality unlike Professor Solom Terfa who are arguing everything has to be solved by gun and guess who is dying the poor and innocent people of Ethiopia.
The real quesion is that who does CUD represent? the simple answer is one ethnic group only and only one who is thinking to rule by force and do not want to move ethiopia in a system of power sharing and exercising by peaceful means.

Re: "we need more patience in desperate situation!"

Let us realize the nature of the struggle.
-time taking
-challenging
-mulifacet
-sacrifies demanding
I recognise four offensive fronts in the struggle :
1.a consolidated effort of the oppositions
2.the coninouty of the revolt of the generall public
3.the contiouty of the pressure of the international community
4.The varoius fractures going-on with in the ruling gang and its state
So victory will definatly come but demands patience.

Email: ermfasik@yahoo.com

City: Nekemt

yes we are Ready to fight meles with you ,you don't Have to worry all The world are with Ethiopians we canadians ,Understand very well Ethiopians Problem so that you will win we will support you by any Thing I Have agree with The opposion LeaderMr Shawil
Thank You soo much
My God Bless Canada And Ethiopia

Email: kesis1968@yahoo.com

City: Canada

NOTICE.

INDEED! OUR PATIENCE IS RUNNING OUT AND IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT IT IS RUNNING OUT AFTER 3000 YEARS OF HERMETIC PATIENCE AND TOLERANCE.

NO ONE SHOULD TELL US WHAT ETHIOPIAS DESTINY SHOULD BE. WE ETHIOPIANS ARE OUR OWN DESTINY.

yes, our patience is running out too.
MR. Shawil please stand with the Ethiopian people as always and we will be there whatever and whenever needed for mama Ethiopia.

Dear,Ethiopian friends:

I just want to make sure that the CUD is nothing but the extention of the successive Amhara rulling that masecured different nations and nationalities living in the country to build the Ethiopiab Empire.

CUD wants to impliment its logo, "one country, one language, and one religion" The problem is that they does not visualise the the ingredients of the country called Ethiopian. This disability of the CUD, as it is known in medical term "Color Blindness" disables them to visualize the different nations and nationalities, different languages, religions and cultures excercised in the country.

That is history, it never comes back. And I am sure that the majority of the people in Ethiopia knows the wish of this imoral and irrisponsible organization.

At the end, I must say that thier wish is simply a nightmare that will never happen again in the ethiopian emoire.

Yemigerm new-
You and I like it or not the people of Ethiopia have spoken. No one forced them to vote.
They voted willingly in millions. We have to respect their voices. May the good lord bring us peace and harmony. Only God knows what our people have gone through for hundred years. FYI, CUD is a multi ethnic party. Please don’t be persuaded by the killer Meles’ propaganda. Remember Meles’ dream for Ethiopia is Rwanda II. This is devilish. We need to stay far away from these evil thoughts. Amen.

Dear Members:
CUD and its members are the majority of one and one only ethnic group called Amahra; therefore, it does not present the majority of Ethiopian people namely Somali, Oromo, Afar, Gambela, Guraghe, Kambata ect.
Cud should open its door for all Ethiopian and forget to backpedalling and bring the world of yesterday and then and then only CUD will be an opposition party.
Otherwise, keep dreaming that you will rule Somali Region without having a single member in your party and will win on war of praxi and campaigning in the Western capitals.
Do not your learn what is going in the world and open you myopic mind and face the reality with courage.
No wonder Africa is called dum when they see people who are thinking like you.

Ibrahim,
Please enlighten me. Which party is a multi ethnic party? Have you tried or one of your ethnic group tried to join CUD and denied? I could be wrong, but it seems you have a lot of hate towards Amhara and CUD Party? I am not a memeber of any party, but I have to respect the people's choice. The Ethiopian people have voted in millions for CUD willingly.

We should allow Meles the woyane to successed. He must go. 14 years is to long to change all the miseries of Ethiopia.He has mulitpled our misery.Under his leadership our country has become the only country in the world to send its babies for adoption and now, he is begging to feed another 18 million people. If he is not a good exmaple of a bad leader who else.To be fair except killing inocccent people our worest enemy Italy has done a lot of good things to our country within five years like building roads, schools, hospital and apartment building while fighting us.As for CUD they must lesson their people voice and not Whasington and Brussels,cause those are not the people who have chosen them.

THE ONLY OPTION WE ARE LEFT WITH IS ONE AND ONLY ONE i.e, ARMED STRUGGLE. Any true Ethiopian here after should be ready to seize the gun and go to the bush. It won't take us a year. It is a rotten gov't that needs a slight push to crumble once and for all.

Email: astuka@yahoo.com

Of all ethnic groups in Ethiopia the closest in terms of culture, religion, history etc are Tigre and Amhara. It is the hatred inculcated by Shabia in the minds of some stupids TPLF guys still being reflected now and then. The PRIME MONSTER is nothing, but a shabia mercenary. Please everybody wake up!

What does mean''our patience running out''mean?it means Melese Zenawi and all party members should be out of office.What does the people voiced woyane does not understand?

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Armed struggle? Ha ha ha.
That is what hodams cannot do. Check out, who has been waging war against woyane while others ahv been mere onlookers!! Saying let's get into an armed struggle is not as easy as manipulating ones computer's keyboard.

Email: Jirru@yahoo.com

City: Finfinnee

Ha ha ha! Which bush?!! Serious?! Do you really mean it?

Email: Jirru@yahoo.com

As long as the oppositions withdrew from the badly failure vote rigging investigation process, the time is on our side. TPLF is desperately looking to take power with illegal means as soon as possible. They are out of time. The thieves are in hurry to take what they wanted before the owner wake up or come home to declared his ownership right. If we are not benefiting instead keeping ringing in TPLF’s mind, we are doing well. As long as we become not an instrument to legalise the illegally counted vote to restore TPLF illegally on power, we are doing well. Only TPLF is in a short and fast truck running to fulfil its personal agenda. Our journey is a marathon. We have enough and productive time and space ahead. We are ready. We are reading the situation very carefully to move to the right direction.
But hear I have to aware the oppositions, the people and some members of the NEB who are too weak and frightened to withdraw from NEB and be part of the Ethiopian people. Meles and his criminal few friends perfectly knew after this election result the current NEB will not have future. Because of the country political landscape is dramatically changed to the future, there will come new NEB elected in a democratic process other than the current NEB hand picked by meles to serve him. What TPLF and some Kehadis want and desperately looking from the current NEB is as soon as possible to announce the outcome with TPLF majority win and gave their final verdict that meles have the right to lead the country for the next 5 years. Everyone including TPLF and NEB also know very well that despite they illegally would declare TPLF as the winner of the election, the Ethiopian people will never accept and there will come legal and illegal procedures between people and opposition on one side and TPLF and some khadi on the other. Here the main target will be the NEB by the TPLF to undercover the truth made jointly by TPLF and NEB. To eliminate these realities for sure meles will eliminate NEB members in mysterious ways and blaming the oppositions for its action. Especially those low ranker NEB members going to be the first victim to make the high ranker NEB members to shut their mouth. Then according to how the situation progresses with the vote rigging and NEB involvement with it, meles will expand his campaign against the high ranker NEB members, too. As we know the nature of TPLF, the blame will be on others. For example, they will use as a weapon the current relationship between the NEB on one side and the Ethiopian people and oppositions on the others which is not good. TPLF will kill or do what ever they want to do to eliminate members of NEB to avoid them not to become the witness about the truth regarding the vote rigging, then they will blame the people or the oppositions. The oppositions, the people and NEB members also must aware about this eminent happening. It is just the matter of time. NEB members who became like totally depreciated product after serving meles, will face dangers by the govt secret forces to eliminate them. They will face dangers they had never expected from a look like human being they served him as slaves. Again, the oppositions and the people must aware for this cruel game against NEB members by the govt to blame them. Woyane doesn’t care about human life. About the country. They need only power. To stay on power they would do no one even imagines. To avoid this eminent danger NEB members especially those who love their country and people soon rather than latter must take their people as cover to save their property, position, family and life. Confused and frightened members of NEB, who are serving meles as slaves, come now join the Ethiopian people. If not it will be late to you. The Ethiopian people will service from meles’s atrocity with your important support with the vote rigging. But you and some of your family members will never survive. Meles security forces will do what ever they do to destroy to cover up the truth about the vote rigging by them with your involvement. There is no too late. Come and join with the Ethiopian people to build the country with the truth. It is shame on you when you support a gorilla leader who killed many innocent Ethiopians and destroy properties. It is shame supporting a little evil who made our country the world biggest landlocked country. It is shame supporting him ruling our country dividing under ethnic lines. There are many reasons not to support him and his criminal associates. NEB members and including members of the so called EPRDF come and join the Ethiopian people to live and benefit together and build the country with the truth.

Email: Tola@hotmail.com

In the name of the Allmighty God +++

the Europeans & Americans want to see us naked of our right, poor and hungry. These creatures enjoy to see and show their Kids and people how starvation look like. We Ethiopians are trying to have the political power the hungry live equally have justice and till our pice of land produce enough food, protect our environment ... play a + roll in African poletics.

Why are you afraid of us? We don't want to robe your Money chase you away (to the contradict) Ethiopians are frendly people. Aren't you believers?? How dare you sleap peacefully, see your inoccent children ? when you send us to the hell. Mr EU Chairman come to your sense!!! By the way i am one of the victimes of Dergs and EPRDFs Nazi adminstration. Jusice to the people!! God is with us.

Email: debalque@yahoo.de

City: Frankfurt

Folks,

Really, what’s all this exercise in futility, aren't you by now aware of the fact that Tim Clarke is simply and errand boy whose only purpose is to deliver a message between EU & USA, and between the ruling party to the opposition.

Get over it, Tim Clark makes no decisions nor has influence over anyone party. Remember, Tim Clarke dismissed Ana Gomez at the insistence of Meles Zenawi, because of her assertive demands for a independent and transparent conduct by NEB and castigating Meles for attempting to incite ethnic violence making a speach in which he invoked interhamwe like massacre.

For all exhaustive purposes, neither Tim Clarke nor the US congressman are in a position to alter the position that USA and EU have decided in maintain which is, stability under tyranny over democracy assured stability. Ironically Condi Rise and her mentor Bush gave impressive lip services to the world espousing to stand with nations aspiring democracy...bal...bla bla...bla. As far as US & EU are concerned, they have made their desire abundantly clear to the opposition party and their incoherent allies. I suggest you go back and re-read Tim Clarke's message of last week to the opposition party.

As I said all along in my aggravation and disappointments as any frustrated and disappointed genuine Ethiopian, the fate of our Ethiopia and the realization of our democratic aspiration lies in the hands of the Ethiopian people and not in the benevolence of the EU, UK, or USA.

The opposition party would be more effective if it acted under the auspices and the power of its own constituents (people) by declaring and rejecting the election results as fraudulent and defective, demanding the abolition of the existing NEB, creation of a neutral board comprising of the ruling party, the opposition parties, and a fresh army of international observers excluding the carter center. Following that, the opposition must put the world on notice, organize a coordinated massive peaceful public demonstration in every major urban and rural areas of the country with the involvement of all public and civic organizations.

Anything short of this viable option will only strengthen and legitimize TPLF/Meles' rule of oppressions and assured retribution.

Beheg-Amlack

The three things we have to do next:
1. ARMED STRUGGLE
2. ARMED STRUGGLE
3. ARMED STRUGGLE

Aster H/M,

It takes a whole lot to get into the bush, and I can assure you that in the words of the late Professor Asrat, "hodams" will never do it.

Email: jirruu@yahoo.com

Aster,

Yes, we know from the start that Woyane is not going to give up power peacefully.Woyane entered into election for coverup. The option you suggested is armed struggle. Armed struggle needs a lot of committement. Are you personally ready for the armed struggle? If you are that is OK, if not we need to work hard to mobilize our people for that.

Nestanet

City: Atlanta

Ibrahim Shirdon

In one of your earlier posts on this thread, you mentioned your organization was on the process to joining UEDF,what is the status of your organization right now? Does it have a plan to join CUD or UEDF, or EPRDF? I HOPE YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF UNITY.

NESTANET

Netsi:
I read what you posted in response to Aster's call for armed struggle. I don't know if that is that same Netsanet who posted something better who asked a silly question regarding Aster's readiness to seize the gun and go to the bush. Aster simply can say to you, yes I am ready to go right now. Would that make you happy? That is why I said it is a silly question. What we need to discuss is about the best course of action that has to be taken next. All of us should NOT go to the bush to fight weyane. Do you want to see 40 or 50 million people in the bush? What are you trying to prove? Once agrred on principle matters, the details will be worked out. What we are saying is all avenues of peaceful method of struggle are locked.

Email: AA@yahoo.com

Aster H/M

Sad that you wated your energy and emotions because you mistook me for an OHDID or pro EPRDF. that isnot the case, ya intallo. Please forward your frustration to those OHDID, IHIDEN etc. Still, what the late prof. refered to as hodams are those who merely write on newspapers and talk in menders, but when called upon stick to their own selfish endeavors abdicating from the premises of real struggle. tht is all about it. Who has the guts to leave everything behind and go face woyane in the bush? that is the question. But the reality is otherwise, deplorably. Teh so calle diaspora, will they forfeit the ferenji frifari and join those struggling in the bush? Will those inthe country take up arms sacrificing their comfort zones? that is the question. the argument is if Ehtiopians are real ready for this. Going to the bush is indeed more than mere fantasy driven by emotions and sitting in front of computer screens and tuning harsh words.

Email: jirruu@yahoo.com

Abraha,

I am with you on this. Actually, I am one of the many who think that the peaceful struggle Woyane SELECTED for us is not going to take us anywhere.My heart tells me that we didn't select this route.I think one of the reason is that we weren't ready for the armed struggle.I believe now if Woyane didn't respect people's vote, we need to seriously look into the other alternative-ARMED STRUGGLE.

In my previous message to Aster and others, I was just attempting to express the committement armed struggle needs. We all need to be ready if we decide that is the best option.I believe we can. We all have different skills and resources. We can effeciently utilize this for our country. If you reread my last statement when I wrote to Aster, that is exactly my message I want to address.

Nestanet

Ibrahim,
What is wrong with federal systems that are used all over the world provided that the rights of all citizens are respected? Would you like to see the ethnic system introduced in the foreign country where you live now? If that was so you would have to give up your job and be stashed away somewhere.That is what you prescribe for Ethiopia.We must strive for one identity.We must keep on intermarrying and let nature take its own course instead of going back to tribal,clan and family fiefdoms as it is happening in Somalia now.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

How long will you keep saying our patience is running out?

Aster,

There is as such a gala and non-gala oromo. Oromo is one and the derogative word gala is obsolete as Minilik is too.

You see, you don't understand the state of mind of the people of Oromos.The CUD and its supporter, which stand for century old motto "one people, one language, one religion", don't respect let alone ensure the question of Oromo.

Don't waste you time to divide and rule oromos. The only thing oromo need from you is just respect Art.39 of the constitution.

Ali

Email: alimodi_akrimodi@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Aster H/M:
You should be a sister of Mengistu Haile Mariam

Email: AS@yahoo.com

Aster,

It was a technical error and soory for missing the word "no". I meant there is no gala and non-gala oromo. So don't use such mistake to cover up our dimetrically opposite opinion.

The whole theme of my message was to tell you oromo is one and the derogative word gala has gone for good with Minilik& cos. If CUD is trying to re-play that old cassete, better inform them that their days are gone.

If you want to know my identity, I can give you my e-mail and we can communicate.But, you have to stop your warior attitude, which may at last cost your life.

Ali

Aster,

Your e-mail address is fake. I tried to reach you. But, I got a delvery failure. So, don't mislead others.

Ali

I am an Ethiopian, a non Amharic speaking,camel
milking, chat chewing, soamli speaking nomad who loves and cares about My country Ethiopia as any true citizen will do for his nation, if that is a crime for some, I don't care or agree with your patience running out because mine is "running in"!.

In the new Ethiopia under EPRDF leadership we in the Somali State of Ethiopa have much to look forward, So far, we have our own police force, education system, court system, civil service, and a place to call home Somali state(zone5) all in our native somali language, if that is a crime for some, I don't care or agree with your patience running out because mine is "running in"!.

We are expecting to solve the ONLF demand for secession and join the rest of federal states of Ethiopia in peacful co-existance, true fedalism and sustainalbe development by utilizing the natual resources point in case is PETRONAS. A scant of things to come are University, modern Airport,paved highway,hydrodam,real foreign investment .......... if that is a crime for some, I don't care or agree with your patience running out because mine is "running in"!.

If things do NOT work out for equalitiy of the nationalities and government by consent then a constitutional recourse to avoid tyrant groups ever coming to power by illict means. I love it, but if that is a crime for some, I don't care or agree with your patience running out because mine is "running in" !!!!!!.

Amde-Meskel
one needs to study the federal system of India or read the fedalist papers of the US before commenting on how federal system is set up . In USA ethinicity is well respected and proteceted by law, for instance look at your employment rights. Its a crime to discriminate on ethinic, religion, ..... got it!.

In Ethiopia we have different identity,languages, cultures and believes. Can't we simply respect our difference and live in harmony without imposing our judgements on others. Is that too much to ask, are we gona beg for understanding till eternity. Who gave one the right to decide for the rest us one identity for all.

if it don't fit you must acquit
all humanity knows one identiy
don't fit in Ethiopia
there fore humanity will ......
will you do so Amde-Meskel ?

Nomad55,
I haven't read the federalist papers you mentioned but America is not divided along ethnic lines in the way Ethiopia is now.My fear is that whatever problems we have now will not be solved by taking the ethnic route.When other countries try to assimilate their peoples why should we go in the opposite direction? I give you examples.Just recently the Rwandan government abolished any reference of Tutsi and Hutu in order to shape up one identity.Isyas of Eritrea,the architect of this divide and rule, doesn't practice it in his own country.
If we do not freely mix and live wherever we wish in Ethiopia,what will bind us together? We will be just like neighbour countries.That is my fear.I see your point,don't get me wrong.There are advantages but I believe the disadvantages outweigh the benefits.Besides the cultural and equality issues could be achieved with non-ethnic based federal system.I would like us to be ethnic blind for the sake of harmony and peaceful coexistence.

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

City: York

Ali:
I receive emails only from my CONTACTS. The address is NOT fake. Don't rush to arrive at unwarranted conclusion. Actually, that is very typical of you. Give me your email address and I will include you in my contact list and then your msg can go through. But I have to know what you wanted to write to me. If it is the same old **** which I read here, it is NOT necessary. I don't read your garbages even when you post them here.

Aster H/M,

Did you hear the news? Keep dreaming! Keep up the fantasy! You w7ill die before you ever reach your dream. Let'sgo to the bush! Ha! ha! ha!

Email: rez@ethionet.et

HAVE YOU EVER HAD ANY PATIENCE AT ALL?

Email: deleted

City: deleted

A good question for Aster H/M, indeed.

Email: rez@hotmail.com

TOP URGENT!!!
The three things we have to do next:
1. ARMED STRUGGLE
2. ARMED STRUGGLE
3. ARMED STRUGGLE

Rezene:
I guess you know CUD and UEDF very well. I guess you know what they are capable of doing. Qizenam as you are, on miazia 30 you were panicking. I was busy consoling my friends and relatives who were scared to death. I remember one guy did **** on his pant and collapsed, later on he died in hospital. You shintamoch we know you very well. Don't ever think it will take us years or 17 years, it will take us months. Your ha ha ha ha will soon be converted into "weyne enate direshilign". Just wait and see.

Aster H/M,

Ha! ha! ha! You never convince me of your resolve to stick it out in the bush as you indemitfokirew. I don't think you have the guts to forfeit all that ferenji leftovers (firifari) that has been keeping you comfortable. am not woyane sympathizer, bythe way, but i am tired of this ****** that never stopped woyane's rule.

Rezene:
WAIT AND SEE!!! Okay? I even now clearly see you started panicking. One sign of your panick is you are backing off, and you said" I am NOT weyane". I visualised you waving you hand like a mad man ..."I am NOT weyane...I am NOT weyane...I am NOT weyane...." More is to come. Peter denied Jesus ONLy three time. You will deny Weyane hundred and one times within hours. WAIT AND SEE!!!

REZENE:
WAIT AND SEE!!! Okay? Your days are numbered. I even now clearly see you started panicking. One sign of your panick is you are backing off, and you said" I am NOT weyane". I visualised you waving you hand like a mad man ..."I am NOT weyane...I am NOT weyane...I am NOT weyane...." More is to come. Peter denied Jesus ONLy three time. You will deny Weyane hundred and one times within hours. WAIT AND SEE!!!

Rezene:
Hodamoch are those of you eating like a vulture at the Menelik palace.

Email: tirebo@hotmail.com

Rezene:
I guess you know CUD and UEDF very well. I guess you know what they are capable of doing. Qizenam as you are, on miazia 30 you were panicking. I was busy consoling my friends and relatives who were scared to death. I remember one guy did **** on his pant and collapsed, later on he died in hospital. You shintamoch we know you very well. Don't ever think it will take us years or 17 years, it will take us months. Your ha ha ha ha will soon be converted into "weyne enate direshilign". Just wait and see.

Rezene:
I think you are the so called Eritrawi yetalian shumbash, muntash. Nobody here should speak with a banda yenatun tut nekash. You said "natsinet weym mot" and you got both. Thanks to wedi afewerki he is killing you like flies and dogs. his brother, another banda, yebanda lij, is doing the same here. But we are about to kick his ass and send him to where he belongs, yebandoch ager.

Email: TK@yahoo.com

Tenkolegna

Eritrea? Man, you cry over a lost thing. we have enough problem to solve in Ethiopia why raise a lost issue. wheteher you like it or not, i know none of you have the guts, determination and conviction to go to the bush and fight. That is for sure. YOu know, you are good at talking, writing, and bluffing. You did nothing to fight woyane for fourteen years except making unending noise that delivered nothing. If you can go to the bush and fight okay. fine. but iknow you are cowards hiding in ferenji country or in addis ababa in your comfort zones and let children of poor peasants pay the price and feel the pinch of war.

Rezene:
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....I got you! You are a denkoro shabia. You see how intelligent we Ethiopians are? It didn't take me too long to know that you are a less than useless shabia. Regarding weyane's fight to destroy shabia, we are with weyane. Our internal politics is ours and we don't need your useless comments coming out of your small nift angol.

Email: TK@yahoo.com

Aster,

I couldn't help laughing myself out reading your comments of bitterness. Please for your own good don't take it too personally. Coz that way you might end up ethnisizing politics just like Meles and Co.

Take it easy........

Rezene,

Are you the new recruite of TPLF.

You are so yesterday, only TPLF beleives in fighting/war. We Ethiopians don't believe in violence. You must learn there are other ways to resolve issues. I know you spent most of your life in the bushes, that was your choice.

We the people of Ethiopia have achieved a lot without a gun and we are going to carry on doing that. It might take a long time but we will get there.

Don't see seeking peace in a peacefull manner as a sign of weakness. It is a sign of bravery.

City: AA

Mina,

Are you a kid, may be you are under 18? If that is the case I can understand your position. You cant't understand why the people of Ethiopia decided to fight the Dergue.

If you know the dergue regime my judgement will be to the contrary.You must be a member of that facist regime. Otherwise, you wouldn't have told us that war was woyanes choice. Every Ethiopian knows that was the choice of the military junta.You may hate or blame the woyane for some reasons but if you do for fighting the dergue, you should be member of that regime.

Wish you peaceful mind.

Alemayehu01

Email: Alemayehu_05@yahoo.com

Rezene is NOT an Ethiopian. He is a SHABIA. Ignore him.

Email: tirebo@hotmail.com

One thing that surprises me most is the fact that when a group of only CUD supporters are engaged in a conversation you rarely hear difference of opinion they all agree in all points same is true with supporters of EPRDF. Blind support. I believe this is not natural.

Who ever takes power should know and appreciate the strength of the other. Berhanu should know that Arkeb has done some good and that we will not accept anything less.

We all should have some positive and some negative things to say about the party we support. After all we all can’t think alike unless we are knowingly or unknowingly manipulated to think so.

I have heroes from the three parties, Berhanu Nega, Beyene petros and Girma Biru.

I do not expect comments … as no one wants to move an inch from where they are.

Alemayehu01,

Why do you think anyone who doasn't agree with you/TPLF is Dergu. typical TPLF, alway diverting main issues, blame derge or Amarah. Even your master Bereket is getting in to the blame game, "EU observers are responsible for the killings in June". How low can you people sink.

Go back to Asmara.

City: AA