Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ONC vice chair Wzr Almaz arrested

June 25
The Vice Chairperson of Oromo National Congress and a top official of UEDF, Wzr. Almaz Seifu, has been arrested today. She was picked up by Meles Zenawi's gunmen while she was waiting for a taxi in front of Berhan ena Selam Printing Press in Addis Ababa. It's not know where she is taken.

Re: ONC vice chair Wzr Almaz arrested

ehadig will do anything to discourage the opposition. it can kill. the agreement it signed with the opposition was fake. we must continue appealling to the international community. the fight will continue.

Email: EthiopianXX@aol.com

City: Dallas

Meles will pick off each oppositon leaders one by one until all of them are no more threat to him, the same way he did to half of the TPLF central committee membes. Meles' strength is his opponents' indecisivness. They had a good opportunity to call for his resignation, and even arrest, after he ordered the killing of so many of our young people. Instead, what the oppositon did was to agree to negotiate with him and sign a worthless agreement without any condition. I want to give the oppositon leaders the benefit of the doubt, but I think they made a grave mistake. Even though they have the backing of millions of people, against Meles' a few thousand troops, they blinked. Hence they exposed themselves for the kind of attack that we are winessing today.

this people must be stopped from terrorizing our people! I'm really upset.

ALUHE!!!!

I hope by now that all Ethiopians understand that TPLF will not under any circumstance leave power through democratic means. This is an enemy that can't be reasoned with, can't be argued with, and absolutely will not leave power!
Now, how do we solve this issue? I have suggestions: We can fight them from here in the US and other developed nations like London, Germany etc. We should start contributing money that will be used to hire a lobbying firm! This firm will make TPLF's life miserable.
TPLF has its own lobbying firm in Washington DC. They are seemingly not funded by TPLF because that would be illegal. Therefore, we should form a coalition and contribute as much as we can to fight back and expose TPLF on US congress and stop the funding. Power to the People.

Email: a

City: Houston

I am with you Alem. He use Democracy to advance his evil hidden agenda. There will never be a peaceful transefer of power with Meles. Let us not be duped by his deceit. Force is the only remedy to this human plague.

City: bermuda triangle

I guess what the tyrant is doing is that by putting pressure on strong opposition party members he want calm down the resistance and go away with the stealing of the peoples' vote. Never giveup it just need little push to through away the corrupt mass murderer, Meles Zenaw.

Let God be with you,

Ayalew

Email: ayalew03@hotmail.com

City: Dallas

we should wake up for peace full struggle.EPRDF is doing like dive.He talk about peace but did the other way round.I don't think that EPRDF obay any law.They want to distruct the nation.Let's fight them more than ever neen..

Email: mebratuye@yahoo.ca

City: AA

Listen, the so called "hiberet" was too subdued to condemen Legesse's[Meles]crime, even when their member was murdered in puplic[recall JARA] so, it is high time to condemn this act.

Email: yedesdes@hotmail.com

City: Amesterdam

After all agreements with the opposition to work for peace and stability and to conclude the election staliment peacefully, Meles is violating the agreements reached by arresting, harassing and killing prominent opposition leaders, activists, opposition office workers, members and supporters after the peace agreement. This reminds me of Hitler. He made thousands of peace agreements with almost all European countries but didn't stop his stinging behaviour that caused the second world war.
The case of Meles and his behaviour can be concluded by the following Ethiopian saying "IBD BICHEMIT ISKE REFAD SEAT NEW".
Tyrants dont't know law and order. They are always the first ones to violet the constitution and sting. They abuse their power excessively on the people. They are the first to set fire on peace loving people and finally kill themselves with the fire they set.
Almaz! we shall cry outloud for your release infront of the world people and governments. We stand by your side as always.
Let God give you the strength!

IT IS NO MORE SAFE TO WALK IN THE STREETS, PEOPLE CAN NOT GO OUT TO BUY FOOD AND TO VISIT FRIENDS.
The Agazee militia is every where. they release some people from prison and then kidnap or take away twice as many youth and women and children from the street. The country has been turned into a Nazi State where the Gestapo rules. Our people are being taken away and tortured. what should we do, what can we do. every body should come together and find a solution.

The solution is to be united and rise up at once from one corner of the country to the other. Fight woyanne and its hodam supporters kebele by kebele, gebere mahber by gebere mahber. How can Meles defeat 70 million united people with his private army of may be 20,000? It only requires strong and firm political leadeship to defeat Meles and his gang of blood thirsty murderers.

so who will be next?

Email: aratkiloman@yahoo.com

City: saint louis

It very surprising that this ediate and earless group are just taking our country even back to the last of negative position of world country.

Since it is struggle for democracy, peace and development of our mother land Ethiopia, arresting the prominant political leaders like W/ro Almaz does not make back the Ethiopian people from fighting for freedom.

All Ethiopians are there behind Almaze so it fruitless attempt.

Dil le Ethiopia

Email: tadewos@lib.aau.edu.et

City: Addis Ababa

This is a test for all Ethiopians who advocate equality and unity of all nationalties in Ethiopia. Let us see what they can do for Weizero Almaz Siefu since she is in prison now. Is she equal to Ato Hailu Shawul or Ato Lidetu Ayalew as an Ethiopian citizen? Will her situation draw enough attention from Ethiopians and bring her case to the world media?

Email: yosephabraham2003@yahoo.com

City: Washington, DC

The poor Yoseph:
From the very thing, you would like to preach about
ehtincs. Just poor poor.... is that what is gonna help your sister???Just shame on you!!Many people fighted for Hailu and Lidetu. Let alone togther with many ethiopians, we the oromo people even alone should fight and get her released. Let make all possible efforts for her release like demonstrations, appeals.... Foget that poorest idealogy. It is a shame for we the oromo people. why we always find means to make ourselves ....

Her arrest has some contribution
UFED, these days seems very relcutant. When it comes to arrest, killing... they have been seen getting back. Have you noticed that? Dr Beyene used to be very great and challenging. But, when there is very strong pressure like killing(even there PM elected guy)from EPRDF, he seems sort of ....
He has been in the parilament for the last may be 13 years like EPRDF. When CUD officials seem to boyccot joining the next parliament if things do not go properly, he rather said we will join what ever is the situation. There is no free lunch.

It was also in my mind that some UFED officials steps back when the situation gets tough. CUD and UEFD have to work hand in hand to step down EPRDF. They can settle thier difference later on.They could have even united as one party and work to the best of the people and the country. I wish all CUD and UFED officials dedicete themselves like Hailu Shewal and Lidetu Ayalew, the wonderful stepping forward guys for thier people. They do not retriat even while they are under shadow of murder. We need many more of these guys

Ato Yoseph!
I am sure you are one of the cadres,I gus your name is Agaaz Melese the Vimpires.First of all every body
in Ethiopia loves W/o Almaz she is really a gifted orator and genous.Let alone informing to international media we all Ethiopians die for her.
You always think in the way your leaders think.
I am Oromo but I do support both UEDF and CUD what you want is to separate us and guide our country to
desasitor.Don't ever dream this we Ethiopians now identified our enemy.So we love her and we do what ever necessary for her even to the extent of death.By the way the Agaazians love Ethiopia if there is some money to loot from.

Email: tesmog@yahoo.com

You guys, we have to come to her rescue. Just let us not respond to messages like Yoseph. That is not what helps her get released. Yoseph must be from EPRDF, trying to creat a gap between ethiopian people.

the present gov't clinged to power through the bullet, they want to perpetuate their foothold through the same despicable item again. Let's pray for the formatting of their awful, corrupt and monstrous,minds, so that they can appreciate what it means to respect people and that they understand that their time of experimenting on our nation has long expired.

Email: ii@hotmail.com

I am loosing patience!!

Who is w/ro Almaz? we are talking about our country. W/ro Almaz should not involve in Poltics from the begining. We men will take care of it. I am not undermining W/ro Almaz contribution, but what if W/ro Almaz was not kidnapped , what if she left town because OPDO is moving to Addis Abeba. Personally I do not think W/ro Almaz would be targeted by the rulling party for one simple reason - fiction.

Email: hopester@yahoo.com

City: usa

The most shocking news to Western observers is news about sumarry executions and abuse of human rights. The identification of the those who are in mprisioned and killed including the total number that were imprisioned and killed to date could make an impression.

As this government is surviving on handouts, any reaction by its foreign sponsors could distabilize it.

I therefore suggest that death and imprisonment issues be given separate consideration so that they do not be lost in the massive inormation that is coming from Ethiopia, e.g., home page

Email: -

City: Paris

This is the result of a weak stand of some leaders in UEDF(Hibret) like Beyene Petros, against EPRDF. The ONC persons should walk up and correct this. EPRDF is going to destroy them one by one as UEDF is becoming smoother and smoother towards EPRDF's evil action. They have to be alert and work together with CUD. I am not an Oromo but I always respect and support the steps taken by ONC.

I am very much upset by this eviltion act of TPLF.TPLF is will not be democrate unless meles loss its power .Be strong all UEDF and CUD members we will win.

City: addis

This is the strategy that EPRDF always employs to weaken its critics.If we allow EPRDF for the next five years, i am sure, we wiil eventually back to the position where we were before ten years. I think it is time to unite and combat peacefully Meles's regime

Email: dmsmolla@yahoo.com

We are tired of Meless dirty game. Ethiopians should stand together and remove this criminal. He cannot mislead us anymore.

Email: david_hary@yahoo.com

City: Nekemt

I like Mrs Almaz very much. She is orator and beautiful and integrated. I saw her first when she participated in the debate about women issues by TV.

I pray for her that this devilish Woyane wont harm her much. Woyanes are historical enemies of Ethiopia. They are parasitic germs of Ethiopia. They are leading our country to nothingness, like an HIV virus does its host.

They are hired by foreign forces to erase ethiopia off the planet Earth. They will be treated with the necessary treatment when world conditions favour the Ethiopian people. Woyanes rule us because the west wanted to. When the west shifts its support, the Woyanes cannot even stay o day. They will be gone with the wind.

The Agazi interhamwe militia will also vanish. Until then we pray. We dont kill any body as Woyanes do. We use a wise approach, like the demise of aparthied from South Africa. Period.

God save Almaz.

Email: abathun@yahoo.com

City: BD

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

UEDF refuses to give public statement

Update - June 26
UEDF refuses to give public statement about Wzr Almaz's condition. Contacted by ER, UEDF was unwilling to issue any statement or give any explanation about the reported arrest of Wzr Almaz Seifu, the vice president of ONC and a top leader of UEDF.

This is puzzling, to say the least!

We expact this will happen on our hero opposition leaders. WOYANA will never end people's wish to overthrow EPRDF from the power. They must go by any cost. I wish Wzr Almaz realse soon. let shoot again and again to change this and GOD hlep us.

amen

Email: antachew@hotmail.com

City: Melbourne

UEDF must take care before making a public statement because it may jeopardize Ms. Almaz life

Pls post what "vistor" put here on the home page. It says it all!!!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Jadu:

Done!

Re: CUD , UEDF leadership

Just thought I may share my views on nature and tactics of leadership of our country's two opposition groups. True that they are both opposed to the EPRDF. However, it seems to me like there are clear diffrences of startegy between these two.

I find the CUD too confrontational and too upfront in its political undertakings. This has however resulted in the massacre by the EPRDF of 36 ordinary people and the arrest of thousands. While the CUD knows well the limits of its power , I don't think it should lose control of its emotions. Its leaders must show their maturity in age and education by adopting subtle and more cunning policies and leadership startegies.

In contrast, UEDF leaders appear to know what works best for them and their supporters given the irresponsibly heavy handed response that could await them if they were to be as confrontational as the CUD. I appreciate the calm and considered press statements and diplomatic approach to achieve their goals.

Ato Hailu's patience is fast running out and I don't think that's the way to be when you are leading a peaceful pro-democracy resisitance in the face of a brutal dictatorship. Listening to his interviews on the internet, one can sense some signs of desperation and deep anger.

City: Addis

The hammer,

we know who you are and no need to reply to your futile statement. You will not stay much confusing people like this. Your rigime will finish soon. Inevitable.

its with a great shoke that I took the news of wro. Almaz's arrest some how I stronglly share yoseph's idea by the way this is not the first time for oromo's to be in the preson but never get the attention of the media since enquiring the people right is taken as jeopdising the country's unity but now its the time for all oromos including OPDO to act to weyan's and others evel act

Edmund Burke meant we have to be "indifferent and passive" in order to allow the ruling and oppostion to sucessed or the vice versa.

Such news never come out of ONC or EUDF (Dr. Beyene's and Dr. Merara's sole party). Where did Ethiopian Review find such kind of news?

To me it seems is is a fabrication and blatant lie. In the mean time; I urge fellow Ethiopians to ask the same question as, I did.

Bless you!

Email: GZemariame@aol.com

Gebreselassie:

Before you call the news a fabrication, have you tried to find out the truth yourself? Have you talk to her family? Have you talked to ONC? ER did both.

THANK YOU ER!!
It means a lot. Before they even start doing anything you published it, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. They said they don''t know about it. fabrication? Now they know before they act, they may will act do it this way...

SHE IS FREE.
THANK YOU!!

Email: aberta@excite.com

Gebreselassie Zemariame-
You keep on reappearing like a bad dream.

You don’t deserve to have Selassie and Mariame in your name.
You need to pray to Selassie and Mariame to give you a compassionate heart. While you are at it don’t forget to pray for Meles too, God knows, he needs it!!

Ms.Almaz an Oromo/Ethiopian elected by the people for the people can EPRDF say the same thing?i think not.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Geberesselasi:
We Ethiopians do have deaf ear for your call. We
have been called for the last 14 or more years. You better call only the EPRDFs officials who are not
ethiopians. You can also call your families from Eriteria. I have very good questions for you
2+3 = _____ I know your answer is 6.
-3 +2 = ____ I know your answer is 1.
Let your mind know some thing better!!!!!!!!!!

NOTICE:

Wedi Gebreselase;

Enough! You have proven yourself to be not only irrelevant in this forum, but unwanted and undesirable as well.

I kindly suggest for your own flourishment that you crawl back into the sewer you crawled out of, where you will no doubt find more of your kind of specimens and thrive together.

Pig farmers would tell you that even pigs get it when they are told "you stench"

Moderator: I can't help it; my keyboard has its own mind and opinion and types what it feels digitally. Digitally speaking of course this is the last word on this specimen.

Notice,thus called democratic Ethiopia,you're not on barrel of gun express yourself as long us you're Ethiopian and Ethiopian cause only any thing short UnEthiopian.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Hi All
It is funny how some of us try to make political statements out of somebody else's misfortunes. This lady, a prominent Ethiopian (Oromo) who is liked by all because of her eloquence and confidence during the last two elections. I beleive that she has what it takes to become a prime minister of Ethiopia one day and people from all walks of life like her. As an Oromo I am proud of her because we contributed such a politician among others. I am sure that Ethiopians from all other groups will do whatever it takes to have her released.

This is my response to two postings written by Dechassa and Atitegeb who unwittingly exposed themselves to the public as persons who are suffering from a condition known in psychology as psychotic delusions.Wake up and smell the coffee. Both of you seem to be oblivious to the objective reality in ethiopian politics.You are only scratching the surface. Instead you need to dig a little deeper in order for you to start understanding the socio-political maneuvers going on behind the curtain.
Please remove the eyeflaps or blinders off your eyes so that you can see clearly and understand fully. Instead of engaging in a rational discussion or debate as any decent and rational human beings would do Dechassa and Atitegeb resorted to name calling. I could hardly figure out what Dechassa was tyring to say in his posting. One can assume that his posting was written by a 6th grader in Ethiopia.If that is the case please forgive me as I have no intention to offend a young boy who can hardly tell the difference between right and wrong in adult world.

Email: yosephabraham2003@yahoo.com

Yosef

What a good student you are! The class of woyane- born 'revolutionary democracy' is working miracles for you. And you will graduate in Master of Tyranny for the Effective Disintegration of a Nation.

Naty

Email: natyget@yahoo.com

HEADLINE: Ethiopia;
Dear Members,
I am glad that we are living in the age of technology particualrly the internet that is exposing the naked lies of people such as CUD that was spreading Almaz is still jailing and fabricating all knid of story while they do not want to see one man one vote and Oromo who are majority in Ethiopia will rule.
Please read the recent posted news bulletin about Almaz who is fine and resume her democratic right and shape Ethiopia to move in the right direction.
I hope that she works for Oromo to be int he helm of the power.

ONC Official Says Kidnapped By Individuals

Deputy Chairperson of the Oromo National Congress (ONC), Almaz Seifu says she was kidnapped by some individuals in a private auto, and the matter was not in any way related to the incumbent government.

Almaz who is also executive committee member of UEDF told ENA's reporter yesterday that some individuals, not government security forces, had abducted her.

Almaz said she was abducted while waiting for a taxi around Arat Kilo area to go to Piassa, adding that she has now been released.

She refuted the various reports that she was still being held. Almaz said she would resume her political activities in a few days.

Almaz informed her family, relatives, friends and supporters that she is in good health.

Police had earlier described as baseless and deliberate fabrication the allegations spread through the internet and other channels that Almaz was taken away by government security forces.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Re: Re: ONC vice chair Wzr Almaz arrested

I read what all of you are writig about Almaz's arrest. It was not an arrest, but kidnapping. Nothing to do with the gov't. She was kidnapped by NEFTAGNAS in the so called CUD, that is a feudal party who struggles to restore Amhara supermacy. But it is impossible to see Ethiopia with Amhara supermacy. We prefer to live alone without Amharas. When I say Amhara I mean the chauvinist elite, not the poor innocent people who are hostages of chauvinists. Do dream to restore the NEFTENGA system. OK???????????

Email: mammo44@yahoo.com

City: A.A

Moderator!

You asked me this question sometime ago.

"Before you call the news a fabrication, have you tried to find out the truth yourself? Have you talk to her family? Have you talked to ONC? ER did both."

There shouldn't be necessary to ask her family or ONC or any one else. I knew it from the begning she was not jailed by the government as you calimed it. Had it been, ONC officials could protest against the government.

Finally, she became free off her holder. According to the officals from ONC, her situation has nothing to do with the government. So, you ought to say sorry to the puplic for your misinformation.

Email: GZemariame@aol.com