Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Unilateral Truce: My Apologies to Hagere Ethiopia

An eductaed fellow Ethiopian who goes by the screen name "Hagere Ethiopia" pulled a Tysons trick on me. He got into a ring to debate with me. When I rendered him intellectually lifeless he bit my ear with his foul mouth. Now he leaves me no option but to declare a unilateral truce. I apologize in public and ask for his foregivness. I have lost to him and I should be forgiven. For those who wish to read our exchange of emails it is posted below. Meanwhile "Hagere Ethiopia" can drink Pepsi. It tastes better than Coke!!!

Here is the message from me to him:

Hagere Ethiopia,

I am truly happy to read your assertion that you are "a professional with a stable life and a solid academic standing." You also said "This is the difference between me and you." This, I suspect, is also true.

I am a Mamo Qilo, not much of an education to brag about. Though I, too, can say I am also a professional cab driver, I suspect I am below you in the corporate food chain. This is the obvious and the inconsequential part of our debate.

But, I hope you would allow me to state what is less obvious, but relevant in our debate. that is, when it comes to understanding world politics, finance, economics, and providing a sound political analysis, this cab driving soul would kick your professional behind in a NY second.

You wrote: "…. Please cite one just one individual who actively assisted with his millions dollars or billions of German mark of the time and yet not prosecuted in a court of law.”

I respond: First thing first! Meles is not Hitler -- their crimes are different both in nature and magnitude. One was involved in genocide the other is engaged in political killings. Even Mengistu who had killed 100 times more people than Meles cannot be compared with Hitler. The second, and probably most important, point is that persecution in the court of law requires establishing a legal case in a civilized manner within the parameters of the law. It is not to be based on innuendos, rumors and stupid arguments; such as Al Amoudi's motive is to spread Islam, as if this is a crime. Have you seen one message on this forum that has established and substantiated any criminal act or even intent to commit crime on Al Amoudi’s part? If you are as enlightened as you would like to tell us, you would know that some of the most prominent US nuclear scientists were Hitler’s scientists, or collaborators. So your question to me to name one case, does not give your readers confidence in your college education.

You wrote: “He who gives money for fascists to kill the people is a MURDERER. This is what Alamoudin is doing."

I respond: "Can you substantiate this? Is giving money before the election (if indeed Al Amoudi has done so) the same as financing fascists to kill people after the election. This would be retrospective perception on your part. You come across as a moron than as an educated professional. Oops sorry! I apologize to my readers and the Moderator. I promise I would not do it again.

You asked: “Do you know in one fund raising occasion ONLY Alamoudin gave them 4 million Birr? Do you know what weyane will do with that 4 million Birr? Do you think weyane will buy bread for the hungry with the 4 million Birr? Hey please shut your filthy mouth! Do you know Alamoudin sponsored a dinner party that very day hundreds were shot in cold blood by weyane buchiloch?”

You continued: “Let me tell you about the dinner party at Sheraton at that very day 36 innocent were massacred in a broad day light. Alamoudin sponsored the dinner party for the 15 years old son of Meles Zenawi. He delivered a speech. He said, "all our enemies will perish".

I respond: No, Mr. Professional, I did not know that he gave them 4 million Birr. But I will tell you this. It is his money and he can do what he wants to do with it. No I did not know that Weyane would need Al Amudi’s 4 million birr to kill their opposition. No I did not know Al Amoudi sponsored a dinner party the very day hundreds were shot in cold blood. If he did that it would be a bad judgment, but definitely not illegal. By the way, did you eat dinner the very day the students were killed? I bet you did. Again your statements come across as a clueless third rated political novice than as an enlightened professional. I thought before we call a person an illegal collaborator we would need to proof our allegations. Lies and unsubstantiated rumors do not pass as legitimate alibi. You come across as a moron than as one who understands the very basic principle that people are innocent until proven guilty (Oops I said it again. Sorry I promise I would not do this again).

Speculating my answer you wrote: “I rather imagine you shooting up from your seat and say "[giving money to Meles and throwing a party for his son] is his democratic right. Which version of democracy is your democracy?”

I respond: Wow!!! You are smart enough to anticipate my answer but dumb enough to fail to understand that democracy does not prohibit throwing a party to the son of the Prime Minister, assuming your story is true.

You wrote: “You don't have the time to read books. Sandwich flipping didn't give you enough time to read. You seem to be proud of eating the macdonald garbage.”

I respond: Your Mc Donald is misspelled. You must be one of those who eat at the Four Seasons. The last time I checked Mc Donald does not serve garbage." Your come across as a phony professional and a clueless moron (Oops I made the same mistake again by calling you by your first name, Moron)

I think I rendered you lifeless. Now you can count on Arat Kilo to come to your rescue. Compared to you he is an intellectual giant! I wish you a speedy recovery from this intellectual assault.

I bet you must be sitting on the edge of your bed cursing yourself by saying "why did I start arguing with this *******!" And the thing is I promise I will not read your reply. I will send you a one liner saying "This is to acknowledge that I have read your reply, almost ones."

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin aka
Cyber Bully

Here is his answer:

I knew well ahead of time that you love mud slinging instead of a well considered and reasoned response. …I guess you have a special r'ship with Alamoudi. You know what I mean by "special". .... I have no problem with your choice so long as it pleases you. My problem is when you try to pay you "bed-favor" at the expense of the Ethiopian people. …. Enjoy what mudi gives you in private

I am asking for mercy.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin aka
Cyber Bully

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

Re: A Unilateral Truce: My Apologies to Hagere Ethiopia

I think you should apologies to Ethiopian people as you insulted them as dirty, and poor. You know what you have said in your media. And you also know what kind of person you are. We know that you do not have a capacity to face Educated people. You belong to Sheik group and EPDRF group. It is not fair to deny that the so called sheik support Musican, artisits, beautiful ladies from addis those who are virigin. He hasn't helped ethiopians. Believe it our not the money belongs to ethiopians. And most of you (his group should go to jail and he will follow. Shame on you. What kind of mentality you have. You know what you did to your friend before living addis. Shut up. Stop defined him. Who are you to defined him? Have a share or what?

Lilli, girl friend,

Please drink Pepsi. It tastes better than Coke. I said I am sorry for delivering your educated friend life less. He should not gotten in a ring with me. What am I supposed to do than to appologize and ask for his mercy and forgiveness.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin aka
Cyber Bully

Mamo & Hagere,

Please stop the personal attack. We need to focus on the real issues.

Selamawi,

I am sure you have seen all my messages on this forum. Not only thy are well informed and supported by sound argument, but they also are consistent with democratic cutlure.

Then come the likes of Hagere Ethiopia and Martha and Arat Kilo, who can neither lead not follow. If you have seen my reply to Hagere Ethiopia, they are candid but respectful.

With those who want to discuss intellectually, Mamo Qilo would engage in informed discussion. For those who can only engage in Med slinging, Cyber Bully will deal with them in a tastefull and educational manner.

Mamo Qilo

Lilli, I know who you think Mamo Kilo is. No, it's not Nuguse. Nuguse can't even spell his own name. Mamo Kilo is Mamo Kilo. He could also be Hagere. I have a feeling some times he talks to himself.

Selamawi and all members of this forum,
I will cut and past some of Mamo’s lines in this thread only (if I add from other threads, you will be bored to death for it is almost the same).

Here they are:

“…You come across as a moron …”

“…your statements come across as a clueless third rated political novice…”

“…Your come across as a phony professional and a clueless moron…”

“…think I rendered you lifeless. Now you can count on Arat Kilo to come to your rescue. Compared to you he is an intellectual giant! I wish you a speedy recovery from this intellectual assault …”

And then he post his message as follows:

“…Selamawi,
I am sure you have seen all my messages on this forum. Not only thy are well informed and supported by sound argument, but they also are consistent with democratic cutlure….”

I will say this to all, challenge Mamo and you will get a response with a statement that is demeaning and starts somewhat like this:
“You came across…”
He will attack your personality without knowing who you are, he will patronize you, he will attack you with sarcasm and then tell you how his messages are well informed and supported by sound argument.
He will tell you to focus on the issue while he is insulting and patronizing you!

If you respond to him, show him he has no substance, and assert that you don't take a crap like that, then he will ask for mercy and call truce!

I say you (the member ) be the judge!
Arat-kilo

Arat Kilo,

I ask for your mercy. I call a truce with you. Meanwhile drink Pepsi. It tests better than Coke.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qilo,

You are becoming a real Qilo. What are you doing? you keep on saying drink pepsi bla bla... Pls you are becoming so tastless. who allowed you to post such a trush issue here. Don't you have anything else to do? Are you an idle person? Are you a retired old person or what? I used to appreciate your ideas regarding the current situation of our country. That is waht we need right now. As I write now, there are two hot issues posted here in ER, say something there. Otherwise, please stop it. WE are in struggle with the anti democratic woyane.

Don't be a real Qilo ok? I am very much upset on you.

Mamo

In my opinion you are well read, well informed, and resoursfull in this forum. In true democracy any individual regardless of his status rich or poor have a right to choose or financially support his candidate or party if he think it's good for the country and his own security.That is probably what sheik Ali muddy done exsersice his write as individual.I think and hope this is the besic prenciple the opposition is figthing the current dectatorial government.You tried to explain what true democracy means for those people most of them reside in US[like Arat Kilo and his buddys] exsersice it in their daily life.I call this kind of people hypocrite they say we are figting for democracy, they want indivisual write in ethiopia but if one exsersice his right they became hateful because that person have different belief than their belief.For those who live in US you have seen lot's of family member choose diferent party and they are not forced or tretend to change.If you want democracy this is it. That is what the sheik did.Unless he is charged in any fraud or something inlegal activity.
Momo I think in this forum people know you have superir knowlege than Arat kilo or his buddys we now at least I now you yourself knows it my quastion to you is why do you west your time arguing abaut their ignorance it seems you are having fun its good amuse your self BUT IS THIS TIME TO WEST IN SUCH WORTHLESS ARGUMENT ABAUT AN INDIVITAL WHAT PARYY HE CHOOSE BECAUSE HE IS RICH. HOW ABAUT THE POOR ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE WHOS VOTE IS BEING TAKEN AWAY AS WE SPEAK .WHO IS MOST IMPORTANT? THE OPPRESSED ETHIOPANS OR ONE RICH PERSON WHO CAN LIVE ETHIOPIA ANY TIME HE WANT AND MAKE HIS NEW HOME AT THE FRENCH RIVEIRA.
I don't have any knowlege abaut politics specially Ethiopian politics when I heard the news TPLF toppled DERG[Mengistu Hailemariam] I said any party is beter than DERG that is it.Again in news I heard abaut the recent killing of innocent people I went to lots of ethiopian web page and learn lot abaut the current leaders. Finaly this forom the more I read the more I detest EPDRF I whoud do anything to take them out of government.Let me get back to what I want say to you I read most of it in this forum most of the partsipant have the love for their beloved country they wish and hope the best for ethiopia but other than going on demonstretion[those who live abrod]they don't now what to do.Some of them are in blind rage they call them woyane,nazy,fascist such and such, a few they just want show their level of knowlege But you are different you are resource full for eg. When the pilot diffect to Dijibuty you told us where to call or fax with the phone and fax number, when the Ambassador of Ethiopia have a dinner party with the representative of world bank,and Mandela org you told us whom to call what to say with phone and fax number ,you told us how to looby the ripublican party you even offer your servis for any one interested you will preper a pakege and so on .What I relly want you to get at this message is since you now the world of politics in the caming few days the election result will be announced if the election borde declare EPDRF is winner as far as the west concerned they sent their observers there is election borde if they say EPDRF is the winner they mest be the winner regardless of our demonstretion whatever we do. Bush & Blair will call Meles to congratulet him and that will be the end of it.then what will happen to CUD do you think theywill have another chance? I dont think so.BEFORE THAT HAPPENS PLEASE FORGET ARAT KILO HE IS JUST [YEARADA LIG ]CONCENTRET HOW WE CAN ACHIVE OUR GOAL GET NEW IDEA YOU DONT NOW WHO READS YOUR MESSEGE POST AS MUCH AS YOU THINK IT WILL LEAD US SOME WHERE.

Arat Kilo

I don't mean to dis credit you I just don't buy your Idea of solustion for eg. Boycutt pepsi it dosn't make sence .
ps are stiel on dite I mean Boycutt on pepsi.

Dear Mamo Kilo,

I enjoy your messages. I like your viewpoint in this tumultuous, fast moving and treacherous period. You writing resonate with clarity, spatial scrutiny and immediacy. The declarative sometimes-blunt sentences convey exactly what you mean. I admired your willingness to jump into the ring with these emotional and self-styled political patriots and vociferous and deceptive populists. You expose gracefully their streams of perceived wisdom as if they are undeniable facts. Your sparring partners, lack grace, wisdom and intellectual fortitude. Keep flooring them! Moreover, remove delicately their cataracts.

City: Cambridge, MA

&!,
I did read your message, and I still say Mamo and I&! are one and the same!

I&! (aka Mamo),
For your information:
Boycotting Pepsi is not my idea, it was happening in Ethiopia when I first wrote about it.
Now, Pepsi is already boycotted in Ethiopia, for that is the only weapon the people have!
I thought we join the Ethiopian people by doing what the Ethiopian people are doing, for we don't either have any other weapon !
Way before the election the Ethiopian people have shown their opposition by silence, it just Woyane and a lot others didn't read it!
People use and will always use whatever weapon they have in their power.
It is like telling Moudi, we don’t like what you did, but not having a mass media or any other way to let him know, then they took a measure what is in their right. This is simple!
You are not going to make me drink Pepsi.
Period.
That is what the Ethiopian people said! (to listen or not is everyone’s individual choice).
Agazzian forces are not going to make people drink Pepsi!

People will show in some or another way their discontent.
One way is silent opposition, a remarkable weapon for people with no other choice of weapon!
When the only power you have is to boycott, then that is what you do!
If we do what we think individually, then it will show what we can agree collectively (with out a meeting, forum, leader etc).
This doesn't mean we do not need meetings, forums, leaders etc, but it means the power of people doing things in common is more effective than any leaders plan or meetings and forums agenda!
The Ethiopian people have spoken, the do not want to associate themselves with Pepsi let alone to drink it!
I say let us listen to them and do what they do!
That’s all !!!!
Arat-kilo

I&!, your lengthy and mis spelled message is really unpleasant for me. Did you notice that you were jumping here and there with no sense? By the way why don't you write properly? It is disgusting to see you wrting the word "must" as "mest". Or consult dictionary.

Any way, I don't trust your ideas. So you are telling us that once the election board is announcing results Blair and bush will congratulate meles and will live in peace? This will remain to be the woyanes and your dream. The day Meles declare his additional five year dictator gov't, true sons and doughters of Ethiopia will take the inevitable path.

Coming to Mamo Qilo's subject, I agree with Doro Matta.

bet

I&!,
You said:
“…..I don't have any knowlege abaut politics specially Ethiopian politics when I heard the news TPLF toppled DERG[Mengistu Hailemariam] I said any party is beter than DERG that is it.Again in news I heard abaut the recent killing of innocent people I went to lots of ethiopian web page and learn lot abaut the current leaders. Finaly this forom the more I read the more I detest EPDRF I whoud do anything to take them out of government.Let me get back to what……”

That is exactly most of us asking Almoudi. After he had witnessed what the EPRDF have done to our innocent people of Ethiopia, just like you, he should have come to his senses and be with the people.

Mamo qilo

Ur articles are most of the time full of words and anja giranja, a schoolboy memorisation of wat is democracy. To read democracy and apply it in real life is something quite different. To know the ABC and understand it quite a different thing.

Mengistu is not a fascist? What makes a fascist a fascist? killing how many people, 6 million? Mengistu is called fascist because of his killing spree (red terror), his mass graves, his prisons, his completely dictatorial regime. He was like Hitler. This government have been committing atrocities similar to that of mengistu. Even worse than Mengistu, it used a biolgical weapon. Heinous crime! Therefore it deserves to be called a fascistic government. Dont try to tell us how fascism came into being etccc... we know that. u idiot! it is the fascistic act and utter disregard for human life by Meles government that gave it the label fascist.

So keep ur mouth shut

Email: EthiopianXX@aol.com

City: Dallas

yemisrak,
I am with you!
Tell him to his neck and he will ask for mercy and call for truce.
Arat-kilo