Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meles party at Sherton

While our poor Ethiopian mothers were burring their children, but Emperor Meles was having a party at Sherton for his daughter.

This makes me puke. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
Read more:

http://www.addiszena.com

Re: Meles party at Sherton

Saddening indeed!!There is nothing disturbing than to see Sheraton Addis, the once declared home of the Ethiopians turning out overnight to be a headquarter to execute killings, imprisonments and tortures against the ethiopian people. What is ALSO sooo embarrassing than seeing the once believed a God sent saint, if not a generous father to poor ethiopians, Ala moudi, growing a devils horn and have a share of these horror! May be the old ethiopian saying is true "GIBIN MAMEN KEBRO NEW"

Email: Beniam_w@hotmail.com

Beinyam,

How in the world is Meles's decision to give party to his daughter at the Sheraton what you make it to be" This is what you worte:

"Saddening indeed!!There is nothing disturbing than to see Sheraton Addis, the once declared home of the Ethiopians turning out overnight to be a headquarter to execute killings, imprisonments and tortures against the ethiopian people. What is ALSO sooo embarrassing than seeing the once believed a God sent saint, if not a generous father to poor ethiopians, Ala moudi, growing a devils horn and have a share of these horror! May be the old ethiopian saying is true "GIBIN MAMEN KEBRO NEW"

You guys have discredited yourself. What I fear is that you will end up discrediting the very movement that CUD and EUDF are advancing at the riskof their lives. This is what worries me.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin aka
Cyber Bully

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

Mamo Killo well what if Meleses decision to give party to his daughter at Sheraton particularly at this point in time where hundreds of ethiopians are mourning the loss of their loved ones and hassling in curing and recovering the injured( the adversary committed by the prime minister and his party) comes after an earnest invitation from the Shihek? Here I insist we have to try to read between the lines. Never forget that the Shihk who unreservedly has pumped a great amount of money in the country mainly on humanitarian than economic reasons; according to him, has unexpectedly appeared in the national television campaigning maliciously and deceivingly for his sworn party TPLF/EPRDF. Recognizing his democratic right to support a party of his wish, I found it fraudulent to use his status and a respect he amass from the people to use it advance his secrete agenda. Again dont forget that the Shihk during the first two previous national election never publicly anything similar to this one. Why then now when there emerges a strong and stiff resistance by the people and from a relatively more stronger and united opposition parties?A question needed to be addressed by the Shihk himself. And being a member of a political party is not just being registered on the membership list. It means an expression by will through which the members aim to govern the country. To some one like himself, money-loaded, it means every thing. A great lesson that I learned from it is there is indeed a saddening behind the scene dirty talks and trades between the incumbent and the Business man. That's why I wrote what I wrote.
And with all due respect as a fellow country man I found you a bit naive when you say ”you guys have discredited yourself. What I fear is that you will end up discrediting the very movement that CUD and EUDF are advancing at the risk of their lives” Why is it discrediting oneself to reflect a certain view and opinion which might or might not be supported by anyone else? Besides dont you think we are entitled to discredit the movement of CUD and EUDF if they proved to be against all what they promised and campaigned for?That is the democracy that I am seeking to see prevailing in my home country. That is the hope and dream that I conceive to be given birth off.
So please try to think some time away out of the box.

"You guys have discredited yourself. What I fear is that you will end up discrediting the very movement that CUD and EUDF are advancing at the riskof their lives. This is what worries me." Since when do you become worried for such thing Mamo? or you are worried your second father might affected (Alamoudi) Just answer this for me this. Oh the other thing is spell UEDF not EUDF. Know the difference first. It will save you a lot. Thanks

Beiniam,

Let us see two scenarios:

Scenario 1. Meles had made a reservation to celebrate his daughter’s graduation ahead of time. Meles does not earnest invitation from Al Amudi to celebrate his daughter’s graduation. This is what is likely to have been the case. Advice: Please check the date of the party

Scenario 2: Let us assume that Meles as a father forgot about his daughter's graduation and his wife also forgot to have a party for her daughter. In the rich circles of Ethiopia throwing a party for a graduating child is very common. But for the sake of argument let us also say the daughter also forgot to ask her parents to throw a party for her. Graduating students usually plan these things for months before their graduation. Bur for the sake of argument let us say every body in the Meles family forgot this. Let us also assume that Al Amudi, for his own purpose, offered and/or insisted on giving the party for them or reminded them by way of earnest invitation to throw a graduation party for their daughter at his hotel. Again even this would require planning and invitation. That means the party would not be conceived and organized the same day.

Neither scenario is illegal and it does not prove any criminal act or intent to commit any criminal act on the part of Al Amoudi. Does it? He openly supported the party and I insist that is his right. Just like giving a party for the PM's daughter is within his right. You insisted on reading between lines. What is that we need to read in between the lines. Some of us have nt managed to see any thing illegal or criminal. Help us see the light.

You asked: "....Besides don’t you think we are entitled to discredit the movement of CUD and EUDF if they proved to be against all what they promised and campaigned for? That is the democracy that I am seeking to see prevailing in my home country. That is the hope and dream that I conceive to be given birth off."

I am with you 100%. I am only saying that please extend the same right to others. Just as you would not like to be viciously attacked for expressing your views in public, please accept that the same right should be accorded to others who harbor different views from those you promote. That is all I am saying.

And finally, please tell Martha that she is not forgotten. She is ignored.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin aka
Cyber Bully

Martha,
Mamo can't stand you because you have a good point!
He will try to discredit you in any way he can.
Just remember, there are a lot of readers who follow the issue and know that he is not able to answer to your questions!
He even didn't get the abbreviation UEDF right, yet!
That is why he is not commenting on it!
He is hired to spin for Meles and his friend Moudi.
He will not respond if he can’t spin it!
To use his own word, he is a moron!

Beniam
I agree with you, especially where you wrote:
“So please try to think some time away out of the box”.

The problem with Mamo is not he is still thinking a way out of the box, but he thinks he did find a way out by coming up some non-sense scenarios.

Thank you for exposing him and putting him in a box!
Ethiopia needs more of people like you, Yigermal, Martha and a lot others on this forum.

To all,
Let me show what Mamo’s spin.
He wrote:
1- “Neither scenario is illegal and it does not prove any criminal act or intent to commit any criminal act on the part of Al Amoudi”.

It looks like he came short of saying on the part of the PM.
I say, the PM also has a right to celebrate his daughter’s graduation or the success of the massacre or both at the same time!
Moudi can join that too!

Let just imagine for a second, a so called business man celebrating on the aftermath of the people’s massacre (the one’s he claim he love) .

Where I come from, in a such kind of unforeseen situation (if we call it unforeseen as Mamo tried to portrayed it), weddings are cancelled or postponed.
Celebrations are stopped in the middle of it to mourn for the loss.

I am not saying the PM has to cancel or postpone any kind of celebration, for he has planned the massacre and he can celebrate it in the cover of any other celebrations or out right in its own merit.
But what is Moudi is doing?
I will leave that to the readers!

To answer Mamo’s question and keep him in the box from where he thinks he is out, I say Mamo, I agree with you, it is not illegal and it does not prove any criminal act or intent to commit any criminal act on the part of Moudi, but it is a shame to wine and dine with the criminal.
Unless Mamo comes out of his closet and claims Meles is not a criminal, then one who dine and wine with a criminal is not a friend of the people, to say the least.
Mr. Moudi, it may be your right and not illegal nor a criminal act on your part, but you can’t say I love the Ethiopian people and celebrate (any kind of celebration) with the killer, on the aftermath of a mass killings.
Period.

2- “…Just as you would not like to be viciously attacked for expressing your views in public, please accept that the same right should be accorded to others who harbor different views from those you promote. That is all I am saying.”

Mamo, it depends what kind of a view you are expressing.
If you express your views of genocide and expect to get support , I say you will get a support only from those who share your views.
If you express your views of genocide and expect the same legal right, you must be out of your mind.
If you express your views that coincides or in any way support the master mind of a mass killer and expect the same legal right, you might look for that kind of right in the killers group.

That is why as it has been said so many times for so many years, that you have to think the consequence before you take any kind of action!
You have to think the consequence before you express your views in public.

The same right should be accorded?
To whom?
To a mass killer and his supporters?
The only right they have is to stand a trial!
To answer to your riddle, I say:
One has to be a schizophrenic not to expect to be attacked when expressing his/her views that coincides with views of genocide and actions of genocide in public.
Arat-kilo

Thank you Arat killo you have said it enough and I hope Mamo killo will understand better now the content of our argument.
God Bluss ya "yager lidge"

what a surprise Meles having a party at his best friend hotel.
but it is ok let them party now since the end is approaching soon.
justice will prevail.

Hey guys,

What do you expect from these people? These are the same people who passed a command to kill young people of Meles's daughter's age. I would be surprised if they wouldn't have done it. Besides, don't forget that Almoudi is seeking approval. He tried to get it from the public, but he missed that chance long ago. Now his only hope are Meles & Co.

So guys, let's focus on how to get rid off them, rather than how could they do this/that.

Oh Mamao,
You are sliding down in your logic.
Please note that throwing away lavish parties, (whether it is planned or not), while the nation is mourning its dead, when the dead are not even buried, the city gripped in grief & fear, the wounded in agony, is not fair. You will perhaps come againg with thier rigths.I don't think you are on the side of the truth or the right thing this time.

Nero was taking bath while Rome was burning- why does a story like this come all the way to our age?. This is because it has a significant bearing with the behaviour of Dictators and sychophants.Your line of argument about asking whether some one had dinner that night also betrays your lack of fairness on this issue.
But Mamao, please believe me that changes will come, The gathering momentum may not be so visible ...., but
for ordinary people like me it is there and very clear. What we would like to hear is what every day life in Ethiopia signifys to us- not what the spin doctors blurt out on every available communiction line that money can buy.

All the best for you

Mamo Qilo,
this is because living in a common country in peacetime and whether it is planned or not , doe

Tedy,

You said: Throwing away lavish parties, while the nation is mourning its dead, when the dead are not even buried, the city gripped in grief & fear, the wounded in agony, is not fair.

I agree, if the story is true. Have you verified. The story was first for Meles son, then for his daughter. Are you sure of the dates? A PM is unlikely to throw a party in the middle of a week, etc. We also need to e clear if the party was given by Meles or by Al Amoudi. These are issues one needs to clear. Even then it is not a crime to give a lavish party, though as I said it may be of bad taste.

Let us sort out the fiction from the fact and let us still separate the criminal from the non criminal actions. Let us stop being emotionally blind.

Mamo Qilo

I warned you to boycotte The Sheraton Addis. The guy/Mr Moudi is mad. Use Hilton Addis insetead or some other hotels. Moudi/the woyanew is angry and he is trying to disgrace our dignity/our being Ethiopian. He is not an Ethiopian.
If you really love Ethiopia, boycotte Sheraton Addis use instead Hilton Addis or some other hotels. Because Sheraton Addis is a place for the killers and murderers.
Regards
City bird.

City Bird,

Try to substantiate your stories. Meanwhile go drink Pepsi. It tests better than Coke.

Mamo Qilo