Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Sign of Shift in the US Policy - It Could Only Have Come from Republicans

Let me bring it home for you guys. This is how politics is played out in the US. If we are smart we open this crack wider and drive big trucks with 70 million Ethiopians through it. The politically naive if not challenged characters need not read or reply.

The letter could not have been drafted and signed without prior discussion with the White House. Remember Republicans control congress (Thank God). Remember also the White House is controlled by the White House (Thank God). The Congress would not send a strongly worded letter to a PM who has proven to be a loyal friend to the US without consultation with the White House and State Department.

Let me bring it home for you a bit more. The Congress controls the purse from which the US budget comes from. Now state department takes this letter to Ethiopia and tells Meles that the White House is very concerned that the Congress will stop all our aid package to Ethiopia. So, you would see that the Congress and the White House would play bad cop and good cop.

How can we take this to the next level. For both to play bad cops and tell the little dictator get the hell out. The opposition should take a calculated hard line and should not settle for any thing less than what he votes indicated. Meles is not cornered and cannot take the kind of action he took on June 8-10. Meanwhile the Opposition should assure the US that it would not take any destabilizing actions. It should assure international investors that it would not change any policy or current contracts, other than making the business environment more transparent and the tax policy even more friendly to investers. It should assure Ethiopians that no change will be introduced to the constitution in the next five years.”

Do two things simeltaneously. Tihgten the screw on Meles and opem up more to the US. This brings me to the same issue that I have been promoting for weeks, but to no avail.

Oorganize Ethio-Americans and lobby the Republicans, forget the spineless Democrats, the party of Carter, who screwed bith the US economy and let Iran take hostages for 444 dys. He was a spineless whimp both locally and internationally. It was not by coincidence that Iran released the hostages when it was apparent to the Ronald Reagan is not Carter.

Fellow Ethiopians 100,000 Ethio-American vote as a block for for Republicans would buy you their loyalty and will deliver your country to you. You can hold them by their tails and spin them every which way you wish. But this requires serious thinking and thinking outside the box. This, unfortunately, is in short supply, particularly on this forum. We rather attack A Amoudi. That does not require thinking. Even a moron like Arat Kilo can take part. Correction can lead.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin aka
Cyber Bully

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

Re: A Sign of Shift in the US Policy - It Could Only Have Come from Republicans

Cyber Bully, thanks bro (sis).

I laugh when some who didn't know you are cyber bully try to mess up. That was a good "tetenqeq" after the message.

City: NYC

mr quielo's suggestion can be taken further-
The leaders of the opposition can not be at all places all the time. In fact they are under house arrest and their phones have been cut off and visitors are not allowed to see them, unless some diplomat twisted the arm of the fascist dictator. The lobbying of congress is best undertaken by Ethio-Americans who know the country very well and have knowledge of the political apparatus. I do not mean that leaders of the opposition or the supporters can not do any thing, of course they can and they should. my point is that the struggle belongs to the Ethiopian people and therefore wherever they are all Ethiopians should actively participate in the political process -
lobbying is one of the options and perhaps the main option open to us. send a well written e-mail to congress, to the Whitehouse. In a democracy this is how decisions are made, this is how the political process works. the chances are that you get heard.

After all, we are dealing with the most brutal tyrant in zenawi, who has resorted to nationwide massacre, torture and imprisonment to keep himself in power.

Shame on you Mamo. Your topic of Al is over and now you are suggesting to lobby for Republican. I some times doubt your state of mind. What ever it is, wether you buy it or not. The US Policy has shifted. Try another topic.

Martha, Martina, Martiti,

I was the one who said Republicans will deliver and they did. By the way the ruling party in the US is Republicans.

with love

Mamo QIlo aka
Cyber Bully

Mamo Qilo,
Need more pressure from your republican friends.

It seems the harassments, the intimidations and I am sure the killings too are continuing. Does it mean Meles has not received the letter from the US congress, yet? Or does it mean he is disregarding it altogether?

Lemlem,

Your reading is right on the money. Meles knows that he has the people hostage. He reminds the west including the US and EU that if he is pushed to the wall he would give them Rwanda II. And unfortunately, Ethiopia is not Iraq or Kuwait for the US to send the marines. Meles knows this.

On the other side of the equation the West is not sure if the opposition would go to war with Eritrea or not. With Meles they know he will not. Yes, this is what our Republican friends are telling us. They are also concerned that the opposition would change the constitution radically. They fear that this will destabilize the country and by extension the horn. Remember Ethiopia is seen as the most stable country in the horn of Africa. And they attribute this to Meles. I told you Meles is playing his card right.

We need to do two things. First, the opposition should stand firm and refuse to negotiate as far as the results of the election is concerned. Second, it should assure the west that it is a stabilizing force, not a destabilizing force.

So, as far as the international political theatre is concerned, Meles is playing his card right from his interest point of view. The opposition has been beaten right at the bat. The so-called the Diaspora intelligentsia that is supposed to have lived in the US is talking about conspiracy theory that was dead and buried in the 70s. Clueless characters by the name Martha, Baby, Arat Kilo, are in the forefront of the militia intelligentsia. I would say God save Ethiopia. Would not you agree?

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin aka
Cyber Bully

Mamo Qilo:
If you don't resort to your favorite style of debate which is mud slinging and stupidly confrontational, we can exchange views on this issue. The world has now lost its bi-polar aspect. The unipolarity of the prevalent international politics has moved the west towards other matters they think to be "dangerous' for the so called the new world order (which was some 10 years before) and now globalisation. Globalisation has its own pre requisites. One basic pre-requisite, inter alia, is the so called "trans national outlook" which in effect is to be a loyal house maid to the the so called G8 countries. They are now telling us it is inescapable. To achieve this the west doesn't want to see nationalist leaders in the third world in general, in africa in particular. Nationalism currently is their sworn enemy. Hence they prefer a conspicuosly unpopular and a highly corrupt regime that relies on their support to stay in power. Just some thoughts of mine. Stop mud slinging. Come up with a well reasoned and a substantiated argument. If you simply say "u R morone", "I made you lifeles", "I kicked you off" and all other garbages in your previous posting prove nothing other than exposing your ignorance and the fact you are running out of ideas.

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Mamo:
I want to be apologetic if I did offend you. I didn't mean it. Coming back to your response, you said, it is okay to ally with criminal thugs who persistently commit "political killings". But with Hitler, you again said, it is wrong to make any alliance. Have I understood you correctly? It is my inference. Let me repeat myself for a better clarity. You said, 1.Meles is NOT a fascist 2. The killing of Meles is a political killing. 3. Alamudi allied with Meles who commits a political killing, but not a fascist. Are you following me? Read your comments again. You are condoning alliance with those you don't call fascists, but commit political killings. Hey, please Please Please, for heaven sake, condemn what Alamoudin did. Last time you said, "Alamoudin allied with Meles before the killing". You said, "he didn't at first know Meles would be so cruel and would send his butchers for a shooting spree". May I remind you the thousands killed during the last 14 years. Thousands ONLY documented by human right organizations all over the world, including Ethiopian Human Right Council. Do you for a fraction of a second doubt that Alamoudin knows the minutest detail about what happened in Bedeno, Arbagugu? Do you doubt that Alamoudin knows a man by the name Getu was skinned alive in Arbagugu? Do you doubt Alamoudin knows the recent massacre in Gambela? Do you doubt that Alamoudin knows Assefa Maru, a human right activist, was executed in a broad day light early in the morning while he was going to office? Do you doubt that Alamoudin knows the TPLF fascists are determined to commit more attrocities in the coming weeks or months? Do you really doubt Alamoudin knows the TPLF fascists have stashed away millions of dollars in foreign banks? Do you really doubt that Alamoudin knows AAU students were gunned down for going to the streets opposing the then UN boss, Boutros Boutros Gali? Do you really doubt thousands of Ethiopians were/are forced to flee their country fearing for their life? Do you reall doubt that Alamoudin knows Prof Asrat was denied treatment and he eventually died? Do you really doubt Alamoudin knows Ethiopian journalists are being jailed, maimed and killed? Do you really doubt Alamoudin perfectly knows that tens of thousands of Ethiopians were dismissed from their jobs just because they belong to the "wrong" tribe? While writing this to you I was moved to tears. I let out a loud groan and my 15 years old boy came close to me and said, "minew Baba?" I told him it is just my usual worry about my country. He stared at me and said, "Baba it is over. Weyane alkoletal" I said, endafih yadirgilin. I told him what Alamoudin is doing. He quoted a proverb " yihe ken yalfina, selatom yihedina, yastezazibenal yager lij tiyina". he further commented, the guy is a mindless, useless drunkard. Well... here we are Mamo. You let me cry when I try to do a mental travel and remember the crimes of weyane and its financers. Bye my brother. You are right. Let us lay down this case to final rest. Pact! Okay?

Email: Malberto@telecom.net.et

City: Addis Ababa