Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
US Congress writes to Meles Zenawi

"State-sponsored violence against peaceful, if enthusiastic, demonstrators must be considered unacceptable in a civilized nation such as Ethiopia."

see the full text of the letter at this link:

http://ethiopianreview.homestead.com/US_Congress_Letter_to_Meles_Zenawi_June_2005.pdf

This is a major set back for the Meles regime. This is a good news after a long week of terrible stories coming out of Ethiopia.

Re: US Congress writes to Meles Zenawi

I totally agree with you. This letter is a HUGE setback for Meles and a major moral boost for the Ethiopian people. My fellow Ethiopians, keep up the fight to make sure the votes of the Ethiopian people gets respected! Thank you.

Email: adb@yahoo.com

City: UK

This is a big victory for Ethiopian community around the world. But, we have a lot to go. This just the beginning, we should not stop until killers served their time in prison.
Thank you

Email: n_ethiolover@yahoo.com

City: Portland, OR

oh, my Gosh , it seems though late , better late than never infact , our agony is getting the right ears. this is a victory on our way to remove the EPDRS gang of thugs and claim back our beloved country .let's not be complacent with this and tight up our belt for the big day ahead.

Email: ethiopia@yahoo.com

City: AA

This is a great letter from Congress! God bless them! So, how do we find the letter on the actual web page of the Congress tho? Thanx!

this seems too good to be true . but i am having this hunch that this letter doesn't sound genuine. is it really from the congress or a creation of someone who wants the congress to act this way . i am confused.

Email: zeray@hotmail.com

City: campalla

This is great news for the civilized people of Ethiopia. As an Ethiopian American, I am thankful to the US congress for understanding the plight of the Ethiopian people and defending human rights. In my opnion, this did not happen earlier because we did not raise our voice loud enough to be heard very well. The fight should continue until the desire of the Ethiopian poepole is respected, and democracy and peace prevail in the country. Sooner or later more friends who appreciate these values and willing to offer us their support will show up-- the key factor here is not to give up easily. My suggestion is keep on telling the truth and standing for the rights of the oppressed and terrorized people of Ethiopia.

Email: wazeleke@yahoo.com

US is listening and acting. You better believe it. It is to the US advantage to have democratically elected leader. It is also to the advantage of terrorists to keep a fascist leader who massacred his own people.

Email: Shimels_tsegaye@yahoo.com

City: San Jose, CA

I am so much pleased to see this. All we ethiopians and friends of ethiopia require is that peoples' vote has to respected. Meles and his co-killers have to be brought to justice. We want to see only justice work and ethiopia, we want to see one person one vote hereafter. We don't want tyrants like meles and feudal chauvinist like sibihat nega. We want them to be brought to justice once again. We want all ethiopian right be respected. We want right to each and every individua. Right to speak, right to be organized right to lead once peroson life. We want to see free justice. We want to see free press, radio and tv for otherwise democracy is impossible. We want to clain ethiopia for every ethiopian irrespective of his/her polictal attitude. We want the opposition and the people keep on pushing until we have viable democratic system.
let me stop here.
God bless the senators for their nice work!
thanks,
Ayalew, Dallas texas

Email: ayalew03@hotmail.com

City: Dallas

Now that the U.S. Congress spoke, how about our political parties stand up and demand for the impeachment and trial of Meles Zenawi for the wanton violence against our people. May be we need to organize a petiton letter to our parties (CUD and UEDF) asking them to take up this issue.

like the other writer in this forum i have hard time to take this letter for it is . it seems kind of like faked. i wish the congress had written this kind of letter to this tyrant . but it appears to me that this letter is bogus or a master creation by someone who is disspointed like any of us in the current state our country is in. dear ethopiareview.com publishers , are you sure that this letter is genuine indeed? ifn't you have to beware that your credibility will be at stake .and whatever you will publish heretofore won't be trusted. i am really want to be reserved to express my feeling until i am stone cold sure that this is a genuine letter . i need an answer . thanks.

Email: kokebe1@hotmail.com

City: chicago

Bush Condoleezza(where did she get the name?),Blare,as of today have not come out to condem the trashing of democracy and the mass killing of Ethiopian by EPRDF agaazzi murderers.The universe was sent out of orbit over what happned in Zimbabwe .Bush,Condo,Blare,and the Catholic church were up in arms.whay?Because two little black babies were crashed by accident.The event is heart-rending,it is not the deliberate act of any person,lest of all,that of Mugabe,whom they wont us to believe as the perpetrator of this henious crime.The Rcist Melese and his Tigians machine guns and tank-crush innocent unarmed civilan Ethiopia,NOT a word from BUSH,NOT a word from CONDO,NOT a blare from Mr.BLARE!!!!
Though late, we are thankfull for this compassion; Senators of Democratic paties!!
allow me to conclude with this famous saying
"IT IS US TODAY,IT IS YOU TOMORROW--"In diverse way the Hand of God will visite us, each and everyone of us!

Email: messayewossen@yahoo.com

City: los angels

Is this the "democratic process" you are asking us to respect. You really been fooled here, Qilo. For me the struggle is to get rid of these gangs which hijacked the peoples right and dream in whatever way at hand. You got to wake up and join in the march for establishing the real democracy. The election of the opposition, if it is going to happen, is not the end of it but the beginning.

This Henry Hyde, the Chairman of the Committee, who drafted the letter is he a Democrat or a Republican? I guess he is a republican. This is what I have been telling you guys to lobby the Republicans. They are effective, bold and are less tolerant of little dictators. If it was drafted by democrats it would be so diplomatic you would not know if it is criticism or not.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

ITS REAL AND 12 CONGRESS MEMBER ENDORSE IT

Anybody have a doubt this is real. you can check it out by your self by going to WWW.ETHIOMEDIA.COM OR WWW.ETHIOPIANREVIEW.COM....YOU WILL GET THE WHOLE TEXT WITH HANDWRITTEN SIGNITURE BY 12 CONGRESSMAN AND CHAIRMAN INCLUDING HENRY J. HYDE, CHRIS H. SMITH, ED. ROYS AND MANY OTHER....THEREFORE IF YOU REALLY SMART YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAKE AND REAL...BY THE WAY I AM VERY HAPPY TO C SUCH AN ACT AND EVEN MORE HAPPY WITH WASHINGTON D.C PEOPLE. WASHINGTON WOULDNT CARE IF IT WASNT FOR HUGE RALLY IN UNITED STATES, BRITIN, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AFRICA, EUROPE AS WHOLE, AND ESPECIALLY WASHINGTON D.C. THANK YOU VERY MUCH ALL. WE ARE WHERE WE NEEDED TO BE. MELSE POWER IS SHRINKING AND FADING AWAY. HIS DAYS ARE LIMITED. GIVE HIM ONE MONTH OR TWO HE WILL FLEE SOMEWHERE IN ASIA...I AM SURE HE WOULDNT DARE TO LIVE IN AMERICA NOR EUROPE. GOD BLESS ETHIOPIA AND PUNISH HER ENMIES. LET US ALL PRAY FOR GOD FOR THE WONDERFUL DAY WE WILL ALL GO BACK HOME AND LIVE THERE FOR GOOD.

Moderator,

What is going on? The following text was added to my message. I did not write the following:

"Is this the "democratic process" you are asking us to respect. You really been fooled here, Qilo. For me the struggle is to get rid of these gangs which hijacked the peoples right and dream in whatever way at hand. You got to wake up and join in the march for establishing the real democracy. The election of the opposition, if it is going to happen, is not the end of it but the beginning."

What I posted was only the following:

"This Henry Hyde, the Chairman of the Committee, who drafted the letter is he a Democrat or a Republican? I guess he is a republican. This is what I have been telling you guys to lobby the Republicans. They are effective, bold and are less tolerant of little dictators. If it was drafted by democrats it would be so diplomatic you would not know if it is criticism or not."

Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin

This is the first time that we read a serious remark from the West. They are primarily concerned that stability and strong alliance against terrorism is only possible with the rule of the EPRDF. This is a very wrong conclusion. EPRDF does not represent the people of Ethiopia and almost all Ethiopians have given their back to this long overdue party and government. What the West is now realizing is that their primary interest of stability and alliance on the Horn is going down the abyss once and for all if they continue with this dying government. This is a real turn of policy and a break of long awaited silence. We hope they will push harder and save our country before it disintegrated.

Email: mamushanteye@yahoo.com

hu hu hu hu hu hu ...... this seems fabrication by someone who is very disappointed. guys we all want this regime to go to hell but don't fool on us by publishing fake stories . if we find it out not true we will curse this website and its publishers. it doesn't look true . i wish it is .

Email: agere@msn.com

City: philadelphia

mamo, the Democrats (many of them) are a bunch of phony liars. they are screwing the black american community in the USA and doing the same in africa. and we africans are fools for believing their lies. i do not include here Democrats such as Tom Lantos and Joe Liberman. the are true champions of freedom for every one

-There is no trust more sacred than the one the world holds with children. There is no duty more important than ensuring that their rights are respected, that their welfare is protected, that their lives are free from fear and want and that they grow up in peace.

-The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government

**We Ethiopian, highly appreciate USA Congress involment to protect the live of many Ethiopian from government-sponsored attack. God bless Ethiopia and the world.

Down with government sponsored terrorism and one man leadership! **

Email: marryjoy1@yahoo.com

City: USA

AGERE, KOKEBE, AND ZERAY

Why do you think the letter written by congress to meles was phoney? do you have any evidence to show us the letter was infact fabricated and distributed for polotical consumption.I read the letter and saw all their signiture. Why is the letter to good to be true? are you still in denyal of meleses crime?.the Congress letter was long over due because the melese regime killed many ethiopians more than once in the past and continue to kill as we speak.Congress was aware of that. Why did they tolerate the meles brutal government for the last forteen years, there are multiple reasons which we may be able to discuss it later. What kind prove do you want to beleive this Letter? why dont you ask meles if he receive the letter? he probably would tell you the truth, because he never tell the truth. every time his soldjers kill innocent ethiopian they tell us the were lotters or bank robbers etc... it seems to me that all three of you wish that Congress never wrote the letter to meles.My question for all three of you is why don't you give us your proof that shows the letter from congress to meles was infact was a fake? the burden of prove is in your court.If your plan is to draw many of us to this unfounded allegation and spent our valiable time discussing this issue we say to you no.Rather,we will contiue the pressure on meles and his criminal gang until they are defeated.

UNITED WE STAND divided we fall!

Email: FELEGUHE_8@HOTMAIL.COM

City: ALEXANDRIA ,VA

sounds good guys. all the demonstrations are paying of so lets keep the fight going till we put meles and his agazi criminals in jail or in exile.
Let's not forget our struggle for justice of our people..............our people need help now and please lets do whatever to bring this bunch of criminals to justice.

Let's keeep on knocking the doors for help.
and thank you US congress but we need more. JUSTICE.

Hi All,

It seems good to act accordingly by the congress members. However, the Meles & Bereket (both are Eritirians, they don't want to give their ears to Peace. We have seen here in Addis that for the last 14 years!!

And the US congress seems understand the situation occured here in Addis.

This time,

=> People are waiting the last election result (which seems going on the wrong direction by the elcetion board and WEYANE)
=> Ethiopian people are looking what is going on in the rural area again loots of farmers vote.
=> Most of A.A univeristy students are stil in prison.
=> Most of the opostion parties members and supporters are in prison and they tried to shoot and killed by Meles's kadre.
=> In Addis Ababa no one is watching ETV and hearing Etjiopian Roadi which is false and rootles false (which we did not expect from the one who are "leading" the country.
=> Those who lost their beloved still in sorrow. No one will forget it.

So, this is the time to remove the Weyane's goverment who loots $230,000,000 doloars & kept in foreign banks while others are in famine & HIV infetion.

Email: amaha_hagos

City: Addis A.

Lets minimize the argument on authentication. Can any one find the congressional news release website and track it so we may coraborate the truth. If it came out of the us congress it out to be part of the congressional record. I tried my best but no luck. others please do your part and let us know.

Great news for all freedom lover bad for meles. At the end alwyes God given freedom win.

Now we understood who is a terrorist? Meles and his group must leave the country A.S.A.P. other wise we cannot hide Ethiopian Bladine in a peaceful democratic country. God bless Ethiopia

Email: Noah_90045@yahoo.com

City: Los Angeles

Thank you congress. I think things are on the Eurpoean and Americanh hand to take Ethiopia into the democartic road. I don't undersatnd what the meles regime is doing. They are taking the country in to chaos. I am a Tigrean and an proud Ethiopian. I am living with my friends and neighbours harmoniously. I don't want to miss my friends by what Meles regime is doing. My friends are always on my side when I need someone. But Meles is trying to use his ethic to get support from the Tigreans. But he should think twice atleast not to put the Tigreans in no-friend situation.

Email: gemorawkidane@yahoo.com

To all nay sayers,
What make you think the letter is phony? Is it uncongress to address a nation as civilised? come on fellas, we have reference.I heared Meles has packed and is half way back to Dedebit.Yes, earth to earth, ash to ash.How many years do you think we get the person who fake the signetures? the US congress signature at that?

Dear Members:
Ethiopian Somali has delivered a letter to the Senator Coleman Office of Minnesota that Ethiopia is on the brink of collapse in case the Congress and Senators do see and analyze the emotional and well-orchestrated socalled opposition who are working hard to backpedall Ethiopia to miseray, famine, oppression and drought.
Moreover, we explained to him that Ethiopia needs to be kept together since it is the only ally of Western world to fight terrorism. We added the so-called opposition who are blaming Mr. Meles to be ethnicist are championing the hegemony of one ethnic group that ruled Ethiopia for century and resulted with refugee and killing. In addition, they want to start war against Eritrea and the people who will die are Oromos, Somalis, Afar, and Kambelas to name a few. The elitist who are in the Western capital are only working to get to the power with violence and they do not care about Ethiopian people.
Lastly, we detailed that the opposition are only wanted to destroy what poor Ethiopian has built with their hands and American Congress and Senator should convey a message of cautions and be carefull the signal that they are sending to all third world people. Ethiopia is emerging from 100 years of chaos, political crisis and the socalled opposition who are created these problem in the first place are organizing Ethiopian in Diaspora in order to go back to the power seat.
Long Live ESDC

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Ibrahim,

It seems that you are a hateful woyane cadre, not a Somali. I know a lot of Somalis. 1) they think Meles is a disaster for Ethiopia, and 2) they do not hate Amharas. They also do not differntiate between Amhara, Gurage, Tigre, Oromo, etc. If they do any differentiation, it's between Muslim and Christian. Even at that, they are the most tolerant people I know. You are such a hateful anti-Ethiopia, anti-Christian woyane cadre.

I am very much thrilled with your meticulous response that is great. Neither I, nor the families of those who were killed on Bloody Wednesday, would wish the painful memories of that day to be used by the Ruling Party in Ethiopia as an excuse or justification for further killings. Too many innocent human beings have already lost their kives. Too many human beings have been injured and maimed. Too many families have had to cope with the eternal emptiness of places in home, which will never again be filled by a loved one.

Although the truth cannot really dispense justice, it does put an end to many a continued injustice. It does not bring the dead back to life, but it brings them out from silence.

We Ethiopian People, have something more important than guns. We have truth and justice and time on our side.

Eskender Alemayehu
Washington DC

Email: eskalem@yahoo.co.uk

Ibrahim
You made shame job. They were laughing at you.
You know, Us does not only listen and read your letters. It also investigates the truth. If i were you(Thanks to God which i am not), i would have at least supported my big lie with fraction of truth.

Ibrahim

Why do you complain the opposition for participating & winning the election while you are supporting Meles who washed his hands with the blood of the Poor & Innocent Ethiopians?

Do you share this responsibility with Meles?

Email: wegenetenesa@yahoo.com

That's great!You are right Mamo Qilo, we should stick with republicans.

WHAT A BRILLIANT START from US. This is the beginning.

SOONER, WE will see this INHUMANE, dicrator meles, WHO COMMANDed TO KILL THOSE INNOCENT KIDS WILL BE BROUGHT TO BE PUNISHED, FOR HIS CRIMINAL COMMAND for commaning his private forces just to kill.

OUR MOTHERLAND is PROUD, THE PEOPLE ARE THE WINNER!!

Email: aberta@hotmail.com

I think the letter is a sign of one step forward for the opposition and the people of Ethiopia.
We still need to do more by our own!
The letter indicates a support from American people thru congress (the elected) to the Ethiopian people, and for now that is all.
We have to continue to take action by any means neccessary!
Thanks for congress for showing the support!
We need to see from the administration.
Hopefully the White house and State department will follow congress!
Arat-kilo

US Congressmen Thank you for breaking your silence!!!

Dear Ethiopian,
we, Ethiopian Somali, has explained to the Senator that the only true leader of Ethiopia at this crossroad is Dr. Buyene Betros who is really honest and charismatic.
We, Ethiopian Somali, has to support his struggle of solving ethiopian people problem. The rest of so-called leaders are waking from a long nap that they have had when they got opportunity and killing left and right Ethiopia people. Imagine Negede Gobeze approach to be the President of Ethiopia. He might bring Mengestu to prolong his myopic and fascitic ideology. I was laughing to see some of the comments in this Forum which are stating that during Haile and Derg we did not have any killing. To refresh you memory, Haile has killed a whole village in Iasha city in 1964 in Somali region. No to mention, Mengestu killing of innocent Ethiopian.
Moreover,I am appealing to all ethiopian to expose these elitist who are working hard to only fighting for misery and killing of Ethiopian except a few reasonable human being such as Mamo Qilo.

Why such a toothless, impotent,letter?

I am a natural science man, not social scientist. But, I am naturally sensitive to social interactions. One day, like Albert Einstein did, I suddenly came to discover one thing. It is not dream. It is true and scientific. It was supposed to be discovered by social scientists, however. It was about the feeling of Westerners about Ethiopia, and the whole of the developping world. These so-called Westerners dont want to see a nation highly proud of itself, no matter how poor or prosperous it may be. Ethiopia had such high national pride at the demise of the Dergue. They wanted to reverse that national feeling at any cost including the dismemberment of the nation. They succeeded. They hired the Woyanes to do this. Woyanes are anti-Ethiopian, from childhood to adulthood. That is what the West wanted. Satisfied. The west recieved this assurance form Woyanes that they will annul the national feeling of the nation, Amharas in target. World communism falied and Derque failed as well. Woyanes recieved go ahead from the West, captured the defeceless nation, and huge finance from the West in return. Then intimidating Ethiopianism strated just immediatley. Amharas were pounded 24 hrs a day all 14 years under a name Woyanes gave them Chauvinist. Is this not true?

This should have been known by social scientists. What is that they dont speak about it if they ever had any idea on it. Why do Westerns keep quiet when massacres take place? The answer is given. They have a deal, the two groups. Narrow minded groups like Woyanes can only submit to the West, not Amharas. They both hate Amharas most, because, despite their poverty they love their country. That is it.

So, knowing this fact, I hope you all agree, what should be done next?

Under these assertions, the strategy should be corrected to deal with the root cause of the problerm. CUD or otherwise, please dont say Unity and Democracy. Unity is hated by the west and the Woyanes. You wont succeed if you keep on saying this. Democracy is enough for you. As long as there is democracy, there will be unity. You recognize all rights of nationalities, I know. But, Unity is the one which takes you to your demise.

If you take me for example, I am Amhara. But I dont want the word unity. It is the pretext that exposed us to plight of a great people. Amharas should save themselves, defend themselves, like any living thing does protect its niche and interests. If not, you are gone, like the Red Indians of America and Aborigines of Australia. Right? No one is backing you at the moment. I dont care about unity when an entire Amahra race is wiped out of this country. A great people with great many enemies. Any society should first save itself, like Woyanes do. Woyanes are actually best examples of living things. They are guided by nature. Nature is wise and tells you to protect your race, species, and continue on this planet. Every small living thing and huge elephants, mankind included is guided by this natural law. What happen to the Amharas? Aren't they living things?

14 years gone. Amharas were sleeping. Now is the time to share history along with Oromos, every nationality hand in hand, all in equal status, all loving people. Not anti-Ethiopians, of course, I mean the Woyanes.

So why are US Congress people writing a toothless letter to the ruthless killer? You have the answer.

God save this great nation.

Email: abathun@yahoo.com

City: BD

Dear Congress members:

I would like to express my sincere thanks to you. You have certainly noticed/understood the tyranny of Meles Zenawi. Your letter should be a strong warning to the adamant prime minister.

The premier doesn't want to change his mind. He's still continuing with his savagery actions. Meles is the most uncivilised person of the era. A number of people are still being detained (if at all they are alive) in unknown places. There are also people being shot by the merciless military forces throughout the country, mainly the MP-elect ones. The mass arrest and torturing has continued. People in the country have no guarantee to work and live peacefully. Each day is fearceful to the people.

Dear congress members:

I again express my thanks to you and plead you to continue forcing Meles to stop all his ruthless actions agains his own people. I urge you to stand by the side of the hopeless Ethiopian people. We have no one to count on other than you.

Email: endrias2005@hotmail.com

City: Addis Ababa

Ibrahim,

I have a feeling that you are confused or your assigment from your bosses (EPRDF) is to confuse others in the name of the Somali people. But unfortunately, your message always ends up silly, as the EPRDF propaganda through their media. Let me tell you, nobody listens to you no matter how louder you cry. You know why? Because your message is full of lies and can't convince no Somali or other ethnic people a least.

As for your letter I think you didn't file such a stupid letter to the congress. I'm sure that you are just bluffing. It's just one of your tricks to provoke others. For your surprise, you can provoke no one. More than any time Ethiopians are united now and it is impossible for you and your like to break this bond.

By the way, how comes that you ended up choosing Beyene Petros? I thought you adore Meles.

One more thing; though you are for Beyene, one man can't lead a country. He needs assistants, deputies, etc. Whether you like it or not his subordinates will be those from the opposition parties (UDEF & CUD), but not EPRDF.

WAKE UP!!!

Malachi,

I have a simple question. The Americans were supporting Haile selassie for many years. By your definition Ethiopia was portrayed as a proud nation during his era. I say this refutes your assertion. What say you?

An other thing this cosnpiarcy theory thing was a big thing in the 70s. It is dead now.

Guys let us stop this Ethiopia is this ethiopia is that ficton. What is fact is that we are the poorest nation on earth. We have diseases that are long erradicated in the world. We should have a critical eye on our selves It is only then that we can tackle our problem.

Sorry if I rained on your parade.

Mamo Qilo

Dear PBP,
Yes, I agree with you that Dr. Beyene Petros needs assistant and coffe makers. His assistant will be Dr. Merrara and other true genuine leaders of Ethiopia who are fighting to pratice their principle on equal footing.
Your kind will be a good candidate to make coffe for Beyene after we check your background, skills and experience.
In addition, you have to do a simple calculation of power sharing. The majority of seats will go to Oromos if your are beleiving in democracy, the next will be Amhara and Somali to your surprise.
If you get 6 seats, then we will have 3 seats. Otherwise, we select by merit and do not implement the ethnic politic that CUD is praticing while blaming and confusing the issue on the other people.
Beyene Petros who is a kind, honest and charismatic person will rule Ethiopia and moves in the right direction. Do not be confused why I am diehard supporter of Beyene because he is working hard to sort out problems and solve things in peacefull way unlike your beloved CUD leaders who are crying for power seats. AS Somali saying goes " Only the stupid can not change his/her mind" and Beyene is the right candidate at this juncture of ethiopian history and since we are dynamic and beleiving in change we will beleive on the pragmatic results of Beyene and do not static on our ethnic perception. That is pastoral democracy a la Somalis tyle and read I M Lewis book entitled pastoral Democracy.
You might and your beloved ones will come out of dark closet and learn how to rule country define healthy policy and institution instead of lving to settle things in violence.

Dear Sirs,

I thank you for wathing out the situation we are under. We want every humans look at How Ethiopians are leading the day to day life. We are not sure whether we come back home when we go out to work. There are lots of things you people supposed to do in addition what you have done so far. Please continue your effort untill the innocent poor people are independent and Human Rights and Good Governance are seen in the country.

We thank you again

Shim

Email: swaregay@yahoo.com

City: Devil's City

How many DIVISIONS would all the Members of Congress put together make in the Ethiopian thinking?

City: ADDIS

Mamo Qilo:
If you don't resort to your favorite style of debate which is mud slinging and stupidly confrontational, we can exchange views on this issue. The world has now lost its bi-polar aspect. The unipolarity of the prevalent international politics has moved the west towards other matters they think to be "dangerous' for the so called the new world order (which was some 10 years before) and now globalisation. Globalisation has its own pre requisites. One basic pre-requisite, inter alia, is the so called "trans national outlook" which in effect is to be a loyal house maid to the the so called G8 countries. They are now telling us it is inescapable. To achieve this the west doesn't want to see nationalist leaders in the third world in general, in africa in particular. Nationalism currently is their sworn enemy. Hence they prefer a conspicuosly unpopular and a highly corrupt regime that relies on their support to stay in power. Just some thoughts of mine. Stop mud slinging. Come up with a well reasoned and a substantiated argument. If you simply say "u R morone", "I made you lifeles", "I kicked you off" and all other garbages in your previous posting prove nothing other than exposing your ignorance and the fact you are running out of ideas.

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

You guys are just dreaming, if you want Zenawi to go, just take up the arms and fight.Whatever you do around the world does not make any sense whatsoever. The west do not care whether Ethiopians kill each other or not. They do not have interest there, so they do not want to waste their times and energy to do something about the current situation.

City: Dallas

NOTICE.

How effective do you believe was the letter from the congressional delagation of the Hose of Representatives of the US-Congress?

Leaving our wishful thinking aside for a moment. Has the letter to Melese effectuated anything to curb his fascistic state sponsored killing of unarmed civilians and students?

Has the congressional letter pressured Melese to lift the stat of siege and emergency?

Does Melese care about what the USA, Britain, EU and the rest of his mentors say ortell him when it comes down to the preservation of his own dictatorial power?

How effective is it to say: "State-sponsored violence against peaceful, if enthusiastic, demonstrators must be considered unacceptable in a civilized nation such as Ethiopia."

Dou you realistically believe Melese would respond to anything less than total economic sanction, arms embargo, and freezing of all Woyanes secret bank accounts around the world?

There is only one option left to remove the vampire who is becoming increasingly intransigent while proving to all Ethiopians on earth that he, Melese will get what he wants and keep it too.

Isn't this our true fear?

How I love this Burke's say: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". We have to make this to sink in each and every Ethiopian.

Fellows, It is great that the congress did what they did. But it is still far less than what is required. Remeber Ethiopia is under siege as if we have been invaded by an invader. We should be organizing a 24 hrs seat in protest in front of the white house, any thing big enough to let the world hear us. Our Ethiopian fellows and the opposition are now put in incommunicado. We are their mouth as things stand now!!

One thing I share,with Ibrahim, is that I take Dr Beyene the most sober, consistent and persistnt leader, more than any one else.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

CIA have been helping Melese govt.since Melese spread the war map infront of Carter Jimmy.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Dear Hagere Ethiopia,

I welcome your challenge and promise a well thought out piece on the issues you have raised. I would do so in the next 3 to 4 hours. Let me also be candid and confess why I used foul language against you and Arat Kilo. It was to stop the discussion on Al Amoudi.

I tried all reasoned arguments, but not only did some people chose to use unsubstantiated and unsupported accusations against him, but also started to attack me for standing for a principled position. I though if I take the dicussion to their level either the Moderator or the people would stop the discussion. My strategy was to take the moral low ground and launch my attack from there. You just happened to be at the wrong time in the wrong place. I think I may have succeeded in my strategy. This is one of the reasons I use the name Cyber Bully.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin aka
Cyber Bully

TALK IS CHEAP. WE NEED ACTION.

Email: girmaywm@telecom.net.et

Same ER, and the likes

You are absolutely convinced that CUD are democrats and for unity. In defending CUD , you have shown with perfect clarity what kind of “democracy” you subscribe to . You have set forth the views of CUD with whom you fully agree in the following manner.

“CUD is about unity and demo cracy….”

Lets check whether or not CUD is about unity and democracy. Lets first agree on one natural truth. For all of us the ability to see is first in importance only to the ability to hear “Seeing is believing” . This is because our eyes are used for detail examination. We use our ears to direct attention.

As every body knows CUD leaders have insulted the Tigrayan people. Mesfin wolde mariam, (the professor in chauvinism ) made absolute similarity between the people and a factory product of any type. CUD have already given “order” to the Tigrayans to go back to their region. National identity is condemned. They have promised to avoid the constitution in which all peoples of nations and nationalities have shown their willingness to live together in equality. A war against Eritrean people is promised so that they have the chance to regoin their “mother land” , Ethiopia. In one of the televised debates one representative of CUD confronted EPRDF with a charge of having done something undesirable, that is the disorganization of the Derge army. This guy , was colonel in the Derge army. His confrontation as I remember has made him an object of fun. He did not mention a single word why he fled the war front.

To sum up. In CUD’s opinion EPRDF should have not thrown Derge and taken political power in 1991. Rather, they should have contented themselves with the Derge regime. So the unity and democracy of CUD amounts to the following.

Ø To demand “change “ form Dereg, but to continue to support it
Ø To continue to support the war Derge was waging until one man remains (who should be that man is very controversial in the rank of CUD leadership . Every one in their rank is naturally adjusted to “ Ha Erasehen Adene.” This is the noble principle which governs their moral philosophy).

Belay, are you ok?! Let me add some more. The conclusion clearly shows a complete inability to dissociate yourself from the camp of oppositions, particularly CUD. It has fully contaminated your mind. Dissociate yourself and try to think something positive for yourself, let alone the people at large. CUD is for a country where none of us live together as they don’t accept self determination of nations and nationalities.

The fact that the old regime was overthrown some 13 years back is a dead case. The most important fact that EPRDF has fought and will continue to fight for the complete eradication of the old regime has already instilled in the minds of majority of the people. CUD and others fight for “improvement” of the old regime. They have gained the support of the minority of the people. Lets have a brief discussion on why the minority manage to give support.

CUD and all other parties have claimed to be democrats. No one in the world including the parties themselves could justify the claim as true. Rather, it is very much easy to show their true nature. They don’t appreciate the constitution which contains all details of human and democratic rights. This being the fact they chose “unity “ and “democracy” as their brand. Such a brand selection is aimed at securing short term political profits. As far as it helps to lift to the ladder of political power, they love to be called democrats.

They very much know the fact that the people ,have fought and is continuing to fight for democracy . Hence their decision to use democracy and unity as some sorts of magical objects to hide their genuine nature is a “wise” step in sort-term context. The time is getting closer when people like Hailu shawel take their seats in the parliament and when people like Birhanu take over administration of Addis Ababa. Belay, I swear, we will see how they exhibit their true nature in full scale. Then and only then the minority who have rallied around CUD will draw unforgettable lesson from their uncritical support.