Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EPRDF & TPLF Members exposed by Tensae Radio

Plaese go to Tensae Radio and listen to the list of the names of TPLF & EPRDF members whose bank accounts have been discovered in various foreign banks. According to Tensa'e sources, Meles and Arekebe, mentain $50mm and $30MM in the bank of Malasia, while Bereket and 24 others have millions in Deutch Bank, Citi Bank, Chase and other off-shore money laundering banks. Bereket is known to have $20MM, Genet Zewde $9MM, Endrias Eshete $7MM, Sebhat Nega, the Deputy PM, the defence minister..etc

This is only partial discovery. Much more is belived to be squandered and will soon be revealed. It is also a known fact that the TPLF has and account totaling $2 Billion US hidden in secret accounts in Asia.

Re: EPRDF & TPLF Members exposed by Tensae Radio

Interesting allegation. My question is how did Tensae radio discover this information. Most "off-shore" banks guard such information. Was the story substantiated with any document? Is there a source or it came from "reliable sources". If it can be substantiated this is huge news in today’s world where every donor country has made fighting corruption high on its list. But it appears to me it is fiction. This is not to say that they may not have US$ in foreign banks. My point is we discredit ourselves when we spread unsubstantiated and unsubstantiable rumors as credible news. This is a personal observation.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geerdin

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

I have no doubt it is true. think about it, where does all the money that comes from TPLF owned companies go? they have monopoly of our economy.

Mamo,

Though you may sound as wise as your nickname cynically suggests, I am afraid your doubts are a manifestation of naiveté mores so than search for "substantiated evidence". All in due course! Your question should not be where the information was or how it was obtained, but rather focus of the "money trail". Unleash the bloodhounds of your intellect to sniff out, not the credibility of the report but the magnitude of the plunder.

You seem more astonished and worried than relieved by the plausible reality that the TPLF and company have been stealing $$$$ in the millions either trough their so called endowment corporations or by scheming off the top from foreign AIDs that pours to Ethiopia in one form or another, not to mention the millions more their hands through bribes and extortion.

Mamo: may I refer you to Deep throat’s “follow the Money” instinct or is it intuition?

Beheg-amlack

City: Addisaba

if this information is presented to aid donor countries how would they react? first of all they would like to hear the story first hand themselves from sources they themselves understand. what I am saying is if we direct them to Tensae radio, they will not be able to understand the radio broadcast, as it is in Amharic. Therefore, one has to think how to present the information to the international donors. We have to think about the international audience (aid donor countries, Bob Geldof etc) and how to feed the information to them through sources they can listen to or read from. They can then make their own judgement and decide what to do.

I think all of the suggestions and comments provided are worth contemplating.

There is no doubt in anyone's mind that these and many other individuals have been looting for the last 14 years. The figures shown may even have been underestimated. I rephrase a quotation by a famous american president in which he said: whenever there is complete control (monopoly), there is corruption. When there are no checks and balances, embezzlement is unavoidable and the current government is no immune to that temptation.

I agree to most of the comments made on this topic by the smart minds on this forum. What we need to do is let's make the best use of the news. How? Give more details on the allegations. For example, Bank of Canada is not a commercial bank. It is the federal bank. The allegation has to specify which commercial bank in Canada holds the money? If the source of the allegation is to be trusted, then we have to make sure that the information reaches influential people and governments.

Mind you, the information could have leaked from disgruntled TPLF members who are now in prison in Addis (People like Siye Abraha) so it doesn't necessarily have to come from the banks who are unlikely to release confidential information (as correctly indicated by mamo qilo).

But most of all, to be able to influence people and be respected for our views, we must do some due dilligence. Let's just do our home work and find even some circumstantial evidence about these ellegations. I will be surprised if the total amount looted is only what is reported in this allegation.

Cheers
Getahun

Email: samuel_van@hotmail.com

City: Vancouver, canada

Gethun,
Influencial people?
The government of these banks exactly knows what is happning!
The banks themselves know and encourage it!
The want this to continue and want it comming in milions more!
They will lobby the government to protect these looters!
In US, it used to be that if one individuals deposit or withdraw $10,000, it is the responsibility of the bank to report to FBI. Any transaction in the amount of 10,000 USD or more by indiduals in cash will be followed up to see if it has a money laundering or other criminal activity.
Now after 911, I think home land security will not let hugh amount of money out of it sight.
The point is, the government knows who is doing what when it come such amount of money from countries like Ethiopia and they are well informed on what is going on!
Will they go against it?
Hell no!
It is not serving their interest to chase these and a lot other from all over African countries!
It is a hugh amount of money too loose!
And if they do take action these people (looters of Africa) will take it somewhere else.
So, Getahun, dot bet on the help from outside!
We need to educate our own people and to give them more reason to uprise and fight!
That is our power!
Arat-kilo

P.S.
As far as monopoly,
Well, Mamo was telling members of this forum how good is monopoly to a country like Ethiopia.
He has the most unbelivable explanation of how a country can benefit from monopoly, and how monopoly is good for Japan etc!
Please let him read your message one more time, well may be 3 times, could he?

Mamo:

There is no such thing as "interesting allegation" allegations are not intended to be interseting, but alarming.

May I suggest that you keep your messages short and sweet. The more you utter the more you tend to repeat and contradict yourself unknowingly. Believe it or not, your messages could be interesting if only you did not write long-winded recitations...

Guys,

I said interesting allegations ofr a reason. For example, one allegation notes that "It is also a known fact that the TPLF has and account totaling $2 Billion US hidden in secret accounts in Asia." Mind you this is in Asia only. And this is what is shipped to outside banks and would not include TPLF's asset and resources in Ethiopia. Some one suggested that this may be an underestimate. Do you people have any concept of what $2 billion dollars is? Do you have any clue what Ethiopias GDP is? For an informed reader you come across as clueless. This is what discredit the opposition.

Beheg Amlak reminds me that the more I utter the more I tend to repeat and contradict myself unknowingly. I challenge him to show me where I contradicted my self or repeated myslef.

Here is what I wrote on this thread:

"Interesting allegation. My question is how did Tensae radio discover this information. Most "off-shore" banks guard such information. Was the story substantiated with any document? Is there a source or it came from "reliable sources". If it can be substantiated this is huge news in today’s world where every donor country has made fighting corruption high on its list. But it appears to me it is fiction. This is not to say that they may not have US$ in foreign banks. My point is we discredit ourselves when we spread unsubstantiated and unsubstantiable rumors as credible news. This is a personal observation."

Mamo Qilo

Mamo

I agree with you $2 Billion in asia only is unbiliveble if they have that mach money in asia how abaut europe,Africa,latin America,US....if they have this mach cash in the bank how much wiil it be their
asset 20 times or more this guys mest be un listed billieners.

I read most of your articls I admier your depth of knowlege abaut politics and how the american system works most of your suggestion abaut getting american support will work I can tell how eger you are to see
our people to be free of opprestion and economical bondege .At this time ethiopia need a person like you .You have the knowlege and how the thing works [not only idea]
why don't you go to ethiopia advise them how to do it.If you can't go ethiopia your suggestion abaut lobbying the republican party will work all you have to do is be our leder we will follow you.

Email: myabel@verizon.com

Mamo:

I cannot speak for Radio Tensae nor pretend to know who their sources are, but it no brainier to consider many sources that would divulge such information. For an example, I can think of the Israeli intelligence, the Carter Center, and very likely the ruling party's own "trusted" and loyal surrogates, who maintain intimate knowledge about TPLF's individual as well as collective wealth. Mind you, it is highly probable that lower ranking inner circle cadres of TPLF are abandoning the TPLF/Melse ship, and have every motive to expose Melese & Company, who I might add are poised to make a sudden exit when the time comes, leaving the poor sucker, the foot soldiers behind to pay for their crimes.

By the way, I wonder if Siye Abraha and Tamerat Layene are not renewing their faith in the inevitable, poetic justice.

Beheg Amlak,

Do you think EPRDF members will sit around a table and exchange notes how much each has stashed in foreign Banks? If so, I would imagine the discussion would go like this:

Meles: "Comrades I sent to Malaysian Commercial Bank 60 million last night. How are you guys doing?"

Genet: "Sir we are doing fine. I sent $3 million to my Bank account in Hong Kong last month"

Bereket: "why are you stashing money in Asia, did you know my bank in Canada gives me twice the rate you are getting in Asia? I have a total of $30 million the interest alone is close to $500,000 a year!"

I am not saying this is the only way one can get the valuable information Tensae has given us. Seys Abraha may have all the connection in the world to dig this out using his cell phone from the prison camp. It is also conceivable that God may have given Tensae Radio a clue or two by writing it on the clouds. Remember that is where Elvis was seen last. It would require devine intervention to get information from 10 different off-shore banks about 10 different individuals. Of course the Israelis can also be a source as you suggested. This is not to discount cab drivers in Addis. I mean given the number of foreigners they serve every day in Addis, they get all kind of information. Who knows some of their passengers may be the Bankers them selves.

Here is a more serious note: All I am saying is that we have a lot of factual crimes that Meles and company have committed that we can substantiate and use against them. Bringing such kind of information without any support will do only one thing: It will discredit us as opposition forces. That is all I am saying.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin

I&!,

Thank you so much for your vote of confidence in me. Counting the number of toes I have stepped on, I do not think I would be effective in leading any thing. I feel more comfortable maintaining my independence and more effective contributing as a private citizen.

Mamo Qilo

I think I&! and Mamo are one and the same!
Mamo, you want to be a leader?
O! boy!
You have an inflated ego!

Arat-kilo

Re: EPRDF/TPLF/Woyane Loot

Momo:

Millions believe that paradise exist somewhere in cloud 9, and hell is beneath it. Yet, no one presented evidence of such places existing, but still millions believe it exists witout “evidence”. The point is this, the leak about the loot is not farfetched from reality. As it is analogous to the old adage where there is smoke there bound to be fire, and where there is rumor there is also bound to be truth. In due course all will be abundantly clear, even to you.

You seem to get ahead of yourself whenever you instinctively attribute any statement that you disagree with as the opposition’s sinister conspiracy. Leaving the opposition aside for a moment, do you not consider the probability based on historical facts that dictators are known to have looted Billions of $$$$$ for the treasuries of the countries they ruled?

You are either naïve or simply gullible indeed in disbelieving that TPLF/Woyane/EPRDF Corporation is an exception. If evidence is what will convince you, (as it will in due course) then you must present your evidence that TPLF/Woyane/EPRDF has neither embezzled nor looted one single red cent off the millions of $$$ Ethiopia has received from various foreign donors in the last 14 years.

Being the devils advocate is one thing but being faithfully blind to a plausible certainty is as delusional as having blind faith in the existence of a place called heaven.

Beheg-Amlak

Weel done Beheg-Amlack!
I couldn't say it better!
I like where you wrote:
" ...Being the devils advocate is one thing …”
Arat-kilo

I never thought anybody will argue the reportage by Tensae Radio. Ethiopians who have witnessed so much embezzlemnt and corruption from current and past dicators are still too naive and give the benefit of the doubt to Weyane. They ask "how substantiated is the allegation?". If Tamerat Layne managed to steal so much in few years he was in office, how much Meles steal in the past 14 years is a simple logic. Unless you argue Meles cares too much to steal anything from Ethiopians.

Email: akm@yahoo.com

Mamo Qilo :may be know have well knowledge that EPDRF & TPLF has stolen such amount of Money from Ethiopia. The only thing that you might not missing to hear is that your beloved Sheik has escaped from this alegation this time. Wait for the second round. Your name might come soon.

Do we ever think? Or are we so blinded by our hate to EPRDF that we have lost our moral, intellectual and cultural compass? I have an example.

Beheg Amlak Wrote: “[Mamo Qilo]…you seem to get ahead of yourself whenever you instinctively attribute any statement that you disagree with as the opposition’s sinister conspiracy. Leaving the opposition aside for a moment, do you not consider the probability based on historical facts that dictators are known to have looted Billions of $$$$$ for the treasuries of the countries they ruled?”

Mamo Qilo Responds: Yes, the leaders of Nigeria, Zaire and Congo may have looted billions. What I am trying to tell you is that given Ethiopia’s GDP, the $2 billion dollars that TPLF has stashed in Asia is not plausible. Correction, it is next to impossible.

Beheg Amlak wrote: “Mamo Kilo, … You are either naïve or simply gullible indeed in disbelieving that TPLF/Woyane/EPRDF Corporation is an exception.”

Mamo Qilo responds: I believe I have written several times about TPLF’s criminal enterprise. I have suggested that they are armed looters. I have even suggesting that EPRDF would not give up power since it would entail loosing its criminal business enterprise and looting privilege. I am not gullible. You are the one who is gullible for believing that it is feasible to loot $2 billion out of Ethiopia in the last decade and half, given our economic situation.

Beheg Ammlak obfuscated: “If evidence is what will convince you, (as it will in due course) then you must present your evidence that TPLF/Woyane/EPRDF has neither embezzled nor looted one single red cent off the millions of $$$ Ethiopia has received from various foreign donors in the last 14 years.”

Mamo Qilo responded: My failure to prove what you are asking me to prove in no way proves that TPLF has $2 Billion dollars in Asia. Hope this is not to complex concept to grasp.

Beheg Amlak asserts: “Being the devils advocate is one thing but being faithfully blind to a plausible certainty is as delusional as having blind faith in the existence of a place called heaven.”

Mamo Qilo concluded: the only thing that can be shown with plausible certainty is your stupidity.

Mamo Qilo

PS: Makeda, I did not forget you, I am just ignoring you.