Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
to free geremew from his Confusion

To Geremew Tariku

I take all your questions very seriously because they are areas where you are suffering from mental instability caused by your empty visions of the present day oppositions in Ethiopia.

I focus on your question of democracy. The type of democracy Ethiopia enjoys is consistent democracy. It is different from liberal democracy you are enthusiastic with. Its essential features are as follow.

Ø The right of nations and nationalities up to succession. Ethiopia is a country of different languages, Cultures, etc… . Group right is respected at the highest level.
Ø Constitutional issues can be interpreted by the council of federation .
Ø Representatives of people stay in federal and regional parliaments as long as they operate in the interests of their electorates. They can be thrown away when ever they are found unreliable.
Ø The participation of the people in the political, etc life of the country is direct (through their active role in their localities, Kebele ) and indirect (through their representatives at different levels of federal structure).

Is there any thing left unanswered? If there is any let me direct you to the constitution of Ethiopia if you don’t mind. You can get a lot there.

Regarding your question of peace, you can get proper answers if you concentrate on the time between 1991 and 2005. During this time tremendous activities have been carried out through out Ethiopia. Higher education from two universities to eight universities .Actually next year they will be at best 20. All weredas are connected with tele. network. Electrification of the country is progressive ahead with promising pace. The economy has grown not less than 5% an average. In fact in the last two years it has grown in double digits. What is more? National elections have been conducted three times. This indicates multi-party democracy is deepening its roots. Chauvinism, Let me stop here. This time around I hope you have come to understand what peace is. Peace is nothing but the time, when Ethiopians score targeted results in changing their vary back ward lively hood.

Gere! I am departing you with tears in your eyes. If you have anything unanswered, don’t hesitate. I am ready to come back any time you look for me.

Re: to free geremew from his Confusion

Chauvinism, narrow nationalism and reactionary manifestations of all sorts have gained currency as political plat forms.

These is to make the article full at next to the word chauvinism

Re: to free geremew from his Confusion

Chauvinism, narrow nationalism and reactionary manifestations of all sorts have gained currency as political plat forms.

These is to make the article full next to the word chauvinism