Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suffering from Post Communism Syndrome?

Are we really suffering from Post Communism Syndrome? We seem to be against fame and wealth. We are against Al Amoudi, against Liya, against Capitalists, against corporate culture. I am led to believe that we are suffering from an old communist culture that celebrates poverty across the board and stood for every thing against individual achievment? This is not being judgemental. But I thought I should ask?

Mamo Qilo

Re: Suffering from Post Communism Syndrome?

Mamo,

No, I am against some of the ills of corporte culture. I find it very difficult to accept an argument saying that every thing American is perfect too. Is that your argument? Do you think for instance that corporate led presidnetial election is right? Could you be suffering from acute mega corporate syndrome?

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Re: Suffering from Post Communism Syndrome?

Jadu,

I, too, am against some of the ills of corporte culture. But what I am saying is that compared to its benefits, its ills do not worry me. Corporate culture is the best thing that has happened since the slice of bread. But, as you know even the slice of bread has some problems.

No, I have not said, and wll never say that "every thing American is perfect". Compared to other systems, it comes close to perfect, though. Let us not compare it with some notional ideal Nirvana. Compare it with other systems and it would be the best there is.

You asked: "Do you think for instance that corporate led presidnetial election is right?" No I do not support corporate led presidential election. That is bad. It is bad for the corporate culture itself. Actually Schumpeter wrote an excellent book manay any years ago saying that this would be the unding of capitalist societies.

You further asked: "Could you be suffering from acute mega corporate syndrome?". With respect I must say No

Mamo Qilo

City: DC area

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

City: Denbidolo