Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can the Ethiopian people solve their own problems. Why expecting solution from elsewhere? What is yo

Sorry for the typo of my previous posting.

I beleive that the Ethiopian people are capable of solving the current problems. But, expecting others to solve your own problem is unacceptable. This can be expressed as dependency. Instead of trying hard to solve own problems, begging others to get involved and solve your problems is unacceptable. Remember, their give priority to their own interest

It is my solid stand that the Ethiopian people are capable of solving their own problems. This can only be realized if every body keenly works hard and collaborates. I asked a fellow Ethiopian friend of mine about the election and aftermath, to my shock and surprise, he said this:
"Was there election, I don't have any information about this". I am frastrated. Imagine, if you hear this from a learned Ethiopian (Ph.D in Geological Engineering). this is ridiculous. I am sure there are many Ethiopian like this friend who are learned Ingnorant. We have ample examples of how people participate to solve the chronic socio-economic and political problems in their own countries. What should be done to enlighten those who are sleeping and looking after their personal enrichment and greedy interest only? If 90% of us show don't care tendency, we cannot solve the problem of the Ethiopian people. Enemies know this in depth. Action than rehitoric (Speechifying). That is the quality of human trait and determination. Do have that?

What is your opinion?

Re: Can the Ethiopian people solve their own problems. Why expecting solution from elsewhere? What i

Abebe Meshesha,

The answer is simple.

First, when you have a problem you seek solution from every corner. That maximizes your chance to resolve your problem.

Second, when there is a super power, it would not be smart to rule it out. Especially when you know that your enemies are playing it smart and getting the support of the super power that has money, military arsenal, and interest to get involved in your business directly or indirectly.

Three, why fight your enemy with a stick that you have sharpened when you can get guns from some one and especially when your enemy is getting 10 guns for every stick and stope you are sharpening.

Four, dependency is something that you cannot avoid, you migt as wel play it to your advantage, or at least you make sure that your enemy is not using it against you.

Five, it is a no brainer.

Mamo Qilo

Re: Can the Ethiopian people solve their own problems. Why expecting solution from elsewhere? What i

So, basically what Mamo is saying is be like Meles!
Kiss up, be a yes man, and you will be given what you want (even dictatorship in the name of democracy).
Kiss up and defeet your enemy (which for Meles his enemy are the people of Ethiopia).
Be all you can be, just make sure you kiss up!
Arat-kilo

Mamo,
Don't count this!
The above posting is before I read you calling truce!
Arat-kilo

Arat Kilo,

Let us call it truce. Thanks for accepting my truce.

Mamo Qilo