Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can initiate ideas for a better Ethiopia? Be serious

Dear Netters

In a problem solving process, we have the following phenomena.

1. We take action or make decision. This is entirely in our control. We make decision (action). But we have to consider important factors during our decision making process. In our decision, we have to formulate policies and strategies which should help us to make sound and strategic decision.

2. Our decision will bring events (or happenings). Events are not under our control. Because of our actions or decisions, events usually occured.

3. The events bring consequences or outcomes. These outcome can be pleasant, disasterous or normal.....

Now, let us come to the Ethiopian situation.

I want to ask you these.

What type of Ethiopian you want to see in the future?
How can Ethiopia achieve sustained and long lasting peace and stability including with Eritrea?
What strategy should be followed to enhance and initiate the popular participation?
What should be done to achieve progress, peace, popular participation and democracy without demanding the sucrifice of a single ethiopian?
How can you eliminate the " I am better, I am better" tendency of ethinic rivalry?
Trying to get access to the sea by incorporating Asseb or else is an action, but we know the reaction of the Eritreans. They will not hesitate to fight what ever it takes. They expressed this loudly and angrly. They are obstinate people. How can we address this issue? We should remember, even the mighty Indonesia did not solve the tiny East Timor problem by force. What strategy can you bring to solve this probelm in a sustainable manner? Emotionality doesn't work. One problem brings many problems including the hay days of the historical enemies?

Let us discuss and you should give prudent ideas. Please avoid emotions. Consider yourself as persons (figures) responsible for initiating serious ideas, strategies, options and action plans the progress and sustainability of this great nation.

Who knows politicians may take some from your initiatives.

Re: Can initiate ideas for a better Ethiopia? Be serious

I second you. Nevertheless, politicians (EPRDF)never and ever has been seen taking opinions from its people. For them, that is a defeat.

Re: Can initiate ideas for a better Ethiopia? Be serious

Abebe Meshesha,

Some of your questions are excellent. But I do not think we should bof ourselves down with such issues at this time. The Ethiopian people have voted the opposition that run on a clear platform. What we need to discuss at this stage is hwo to deal with the current problem related vote rigging. None of the issues you have highlighted would help address the critical issue at hand.

More improtantly, I suugest the issue syou have raised are the kind of things that should be tackled by think tank groups. Otherwise your issues will divert our attention from targetting our efforts on the bulls eyes. Meles. That is our current and urgent problem. Let us talk about Assab maybe after 15 to 20 years.

Mamo Qilo