Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ethnocracy

In Ethiopia political system in which TPLF/ EPRDF promotes an ethnocracy government, a government run by a particular ethnic group, it is inconceivable to see the verdict of people through free and fair democratic elections to appoint representatives in a government.

Recently in relation to 15 May 2005 election the government has failed to acknowledge the voting results, seats which have been taken up by oppositions in urban and rural districts. Instead, the government ban any sort of demonstrations to conceal its defeat from Ethiopian and international communities, announcing results before counting is over, arresting and killing of political activists, fire live bullet on street protesters, use of overwhelming forces to crackdown Addis Ababa University and other Universities’/ colleges’ students protests, intensified mass arrest through out the country, etc.

By doing so; if TPLF/ EPRDF stay in power, will it be a legitimate government?

Email: habtamachew@aol.com

Re: Ethnocracy

Dea Friends:
I am always puzzled with socalled elites lies after lies when it comes to the question of ethnicity. I participated in the conference of opposition in Washington DC; however, I did not see a single solution to Ethiopian ethnic problems or other questions. Therefore, I am wondering why the people of North particularly Amahra elite are blaming Somalis and other to organize in the name of their ethnic group while Amahra are organizing and do not allow anybody else in the power seat.
Second, when 400 Kambelas were killed left and right and Oromo students were massacred, I did not see a single demonstration; why are you so blind with your ethnic group, but still blaming other to be ethnicist?
It is about time to wake from a long nap and work for better Ethiopia

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Ibrahim:

The Amhara have not been in power in over 30 years. Your ethnic hatred seems a bit misdirected.

Areh Beselassie,

Please leave Ibrahim alone. He is fighting with the ghosts of Amhara from 30 years ago. Logic will not help him, direct him to an exorcist. That is where his salvation would come from.

Mamo Qilo

I know that it is a question of a lot of people like me. I believe that we have to start our peaceful strugle, some where, to bring about democratic systems in our country in any way. However, It may take long time to achieve the objectives.

Email: atsedeabebe@yahoo.co.uk