Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Modrator, watch out! I feel there are people out to destroy this forum

Hoping that I could gain something and may contribute some, I keep on browsing your site nearly every day. I have to admit that there are people whom I admire their sober reasoning and judgment who consistently deal with constructive issues with what could be only described as Intellectual integrity. I do learn a lot from such people and always look for those in your forum. Unfortunately, those are very few and are often out numbered by "yenebitewoch". What worries me most however is that there may be people out there who are among regular participants who are consistently engaged in reducing every sensible issue and dialogue to personal argument and attack, Who time and again bring issues which I would think are of not so much relevance to the bigger cause for what ever personal reasons, Who aggressively attack all those who appear to have independent minds and bring new ideas. According to my small investigation, I have also noticed that some deliberately post as many nonsense postings immediately after one which appears to be of importance to the current hot issue in Ethiopia surfaces. Characteristically, these people often post tidbit issues. When one adds up all the above factors, I see a pattern of a deliberate effort by some groups or individuals to discredit and render ER insignificant. I could be wrong but, I would think it would be irresponsible for the moderators not to heed the lead and do their own analysis. Otherwise, it could be too late for you to realize that your site has lost all of its "valuable customers". It could be also too late for us who are looking for the right forum for constructive dialogue. N.B. Don’t expect these guys to use racial slurs, open insults or obvious abusive statements . No, they operate subtly, they may even be “humorous” and “entertaining”. ER should question the motive of people who are engaged in researching what issue is most read and dwell only on those trivial, personal and non consequential ones. I have admitted why I did my small investigation: to see what the motives of these people could be. ER moderators, you are in a much better position to prove or disprove my hypothesis.
I always trust my gut feelings. ER, watch it out!!

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area