Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A fresh look!

I think this topic deservs a fresh look!
It has 1008 hits as of now!
It shows the most read one in this forum!
I hope moderator agrees with me and do not delete it!

Arat-kilo

David vs Goliath? -- Al Amoudi vs. Mirchaw

David vs Goliath?

June 6, 2005
ethiopianreview.com

WASHINGTON DC: Gozillionaire businessman Sheik Al Aamoudi is suing a local Ethiopian radio host for every penny he has. The Sheik claims that Ato Mirchaw Sinishaw, host of Etiopiawinet Radio, an Amharic language radio program in Washington DC, has defamed him, his family and religion. Al Amoudi hired the best lawyers in the US money can buy to make sure that after all is said and done, Ato Mirchaw will be left with only the shirt in his back.

Two weeks ago, Al Amoudi's lawyers went after the radio station that was carrying Mirchaw's radio program and succeeded in shutting him down. The sheik doesn't want to leave it there. He is now going after Mirchaw personally to teach others a lesson.

During this past weekend, Al Amoudi's agents in DC bought air time on radio stations in the Washington DC area and threatened that any one who dares criticize their boss will face the same danger of being dragged to court by million dollar lawyers.

Ato Mirchaw, no matter his weaknesses, is a truly patriotic Ethiopian who has been involved in every major public activity in the Washington DC area for the past several years to expose the Meles regime to the international community. Because Mirchaw spends most of his time serving his community, he has a very limited financial income. Now he is facing in court Al Amoudi's dream team lawyers, the mention of whose names sends chills down the spines of giant corporations.

Fearing similar action, none of the other Ethiopian radio programs were willing to come to the defense of Ato Mirchaw over the weekend. They are not to be blamed, because he has the financial power to shut all of them down one by one. To be on the safe side, one of the radio programs, in fact, has been pouring down a barrage of insults on not only Ato Mirchaw, but the whole Ethiopian community, while excessively praising the all-powerful sheik. Ato Negussie had nothing left to say except to call the billionaire sheik "The Almighty."

Re: A fresh look!

Good one!!!Art killo.

Arat- Kilo, your inside UNITED STATES and making some kind false allegation is felony. you have to know, the air you are breathing here in USA didn’t just come within couple days 300 years straggle and Americans sacrifice their blood so don’t abuse it please? you have to obey law and order period. Still you are outlaw ruthless falsify wrong information, justice will be serve on you as well. Arat Kilo, you swear to come here in United States that you believed and obey the constitutions of United State so trust the justice system don’t make another bogs information. If you keep doing people will dig your statues from the beginning you enter this free land be carful what you wish for. I am not saying don’t talk, but bogs allegations to any citizen is felony.

Email: kerfafa@hotmail.com

City: Gojjam

robert
give art-kilo a break. He is the one
making this forum active. We want him trribly
with his bog allegation even.

Robert,

What I find mind boggling is that many of our compatriots who are living in the most democratic system on this side of planet Mars and who are also pretending to fight for democracy cannot even grasp the basic principles of democracy: That a man, rich or poor, educated or illiterate, sick or healthy, have every right to express his view in public and support any party he wishes with out giving explanation or excuses.

Some say Al Amoudi does not have right in Ethiopia because he is not an Ethiopian, though he was born and raised in Ethiopia. What is interesting is that many of those who are saying this are naturalized Americans. Is it not amazing?

Mamo Qilo

Mamo no mistake absolutely you are deed right.

Email: kerfafa@hotmail.com

City: Gojjam

Robert,
Or who ever you are,
You don't seem to understand the law, though your name suggests you are a male American.
I don't give a (I can't write this word) who you are, white male, black male American, non-American etc, you just don't know what you are talking about.
Don’t try to teach me about America and American history, something it looks like you know nothing about.
Don’t try to lecture me about the law!
Listen to me, just worry about yourself!

You wrote: “…I am not saying don’t talk, but bogs allegations to any citizen is felony.”
Who is the citizen? Who is the citizen you are talking about?
Citizen of what country?
Is there anything like citizen of the world?
Which citizenship is mentioned in the law you are talking about? (I am assuming you are talking about a law of a country, and not an international law)
Did you mean to any individual?
I do not think you thought about it when you wrote this line, or as a matter of fact the whole thing!

Bob,
Are you trying to intimidate?
What did you think, I am just a street du hiky kind of a person?

Bobby,
Your name is foreign, your thinking is foreign, you are a foreigner to everything what Ethiopia represent.
Leave us alone!
We will solve our problem by ourselves.
Teddy made the then white people who wanted to invade Ethiopia to wash their feet and leave the country, we will make you wash your hand and leave this forum, for your intentions are invasion and intimidation.
Arat-kilo

Arat Kilo,

Psst. This is between you and me and I hope that Robert would not read it. In the US legal system citizen in most cases refers to all souls. The US does not have different rules for citizens, green card holders, temporary visitors and illegal aliens.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo,
You are really quilo!
I am saying, the law of which country is he talking about?
US law?
Asoudi law?
Ethiopian law?

Beside, US law doesn't refere to all residents as citizens!
A US citizen can be refered as a resident of ... (example: resident of the city of Washington DC or the state of Maryland, or the state of Virginia, or the city of Alexanderia, the city of silverspring etc)
A resident of US (permanent resident or not) can not be refered as Citizen of US, unless the individul is a US citizen.
A legal or illigal alien is the term used in any US law to those who are not born or naturalized citizens of US.
I think that is good enough education for both of you!
Arat-kilo

Arat Kilo,

This law thing is not your fore. Now you are confusing US law with state law.

MAmo Qilo

I am not a lawyer or an expert of the law!
But this basic issue is not a rocket science!
Arat-kilo

art-kilo is a sceintist then.

Arat Kilo,

Please take this simple fact and lie with it. If you defame any body even if the person lives in Timbuktu you can be sued in the US, if you live in the US and if your crime is committeed while living in the US. It matters not whether you are a citizen of the US, a permanent resident, and/or a student. It matters not whether your victim is a US citizen, a Permanent resident, a tourist in the US. For that matter it matters not if your victim has never been inthe US. If you think that you can hide behind a screen name, you are mistaken. The law can google you out of your crib. All Robert was telling you was that crime does not pay.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo,
Intimidation at it best!
What else can you say to silence members of this forum!

Brothers and sisters, pleae do not be intimidated by what Mamo is writing!
He has no clue about American law!
Can some one tell him how wrong he is!

Mamo,
I am sorry to see you going into intimidation when you have nothing tangeble to say.
Arat-kilo

Arat Kilo

What I told you is the law of the land you live in, including in Silver Spring Maryland. If you are intimidated by the law, may be you have a reason to fear. Other than that the law is to be respected not to be intimidated by. There is no one that can tell you crime pays without consequences. That is what I am saying. By the way, how is your voting for and againt Al Amoudi coming. No one seems to vote with you. Something must be wrong either with you or with everybody on this forum.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo,

I agree with Arat Kilo 100%. Please leave the true son of Ethiopia alone. He is truly standing for the poor. By the way I know who you are. Why don't you leave Arat Kilo alone. We are sick and tired of you. Yes, sometimes Arat Kilo may be taking his accusation of Moudi a bit too far, but he is doing it to protect the poor.

By the way, Arat Kilo, this is none other than yopur brother Mamo Qilo himself. You asked the people on this forum to help you. Since no one came to your defense, I thought I should make up a name (Beslet)and come to your rescue. After all, you are my brother.

Arat-kilo,
I am with you, about the intimidation.

Mamo, Mamito!
Quilo, yegna quil!
How can I explain this to you!
What will be the best way for you to understand the issue of the law of this land?
Can some one help him ????!!!!!!!!!

Mamo,
Crime doesn't pay, but what we are doing is not a crime!
You are confued with the law and you are trying to spread false information about what the law says and can do. By merely stating that you are trying to intimidate mebers of this forum!
Gabish?

As far as the vote for or against, you didn't vote against either!
My guess is, moderator did not allow voting!
Regardless, voteing is for the voters!
It is not a must to vote, but it is a right of all!
One has to mobilzie people to vote, I guess I need help in that area!
Mamo, vote don't be afraid!
Are you voting for or against?
Arat-kilo
P.S.
I don't live in silverspring.

Arat-kilo
we have already sentyou. Do not discreadit our earth costing good bye party?

Dear Arat Kilo,

let me give you an advice. Please don't write your wishes. Somtimes,it is possible not to write anything. When you write about something, make sure that it is based on facts.

By the way, Mamo Quilo is better than you. He is really smarter than you. He can logically express his ideas, almost everytime. You have to accept this. Don't try to oppose his universally true opinions only because they come from him. This will primerly affect you.

Please don't think Mamule and Mamo Quilo are the same person. I told you earlier not to squeeze and assault persons that have different opinion other than yours. This is one of the wrong EPRDF's strategies!

City: Addis

I know you two are one and the same!
The difference is you are the idiot side of him!
Do you understand at least this, O! sorry you can't!
Arat-kilo

Mao,
What other screen names do you use?
CVome on outin clear!
I think almaz is also you!
Or is that your wife?
Arat-kilo

where is yigermal!
I am looking for you buddy!
Arat-kilo

Dear Arat Kilo,

I don't think this forum is for you. There are some people, like Mamo and Jadu, who are able to reasonably discuss based on facts. You, on the other hand, are very emotional and i can speculate that your accadmic background is not good enough in any field. If you were well educated in any subject, you wouldn't act as a professional on every issue and undermine others. This is proved by your replies on the Monopoly topic. Your reference was Dictionary! How could someone refer dictionary to understand some economics concepts? What if i ask you to tell me how a DC generator works? Are you gong to refer to that "meskin" dictionary? Shame on u!

My advice to you...please find some puppets and discuss with them so that you will be their local scientist. This will give you the recognition that you are searching for.

City: Addis

Dear arat kilo

Forget all Qillos because they, like their paying master Moudi, showed no regret of supporting TPLF even after all these blood shed. They have no humanity at all. They all are about money and they do not care about Ethiopia and Ethiopians. By the way there is a rumor that says the intimidation of Lidetu Ayalew by the TPLF was high as a result of the Moudi's request. We all remember it was Ato Lidetu Ayalew who openly questioned the legality of Moudi's(non-Ethiopian citizen)unconditional election campaign for the rulling TPLF.

City: USA

Moya Meyu,

Why don't you drink pepsi. It will wake you up. Waking up is a precondition to writing a sensible piece.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo

For me drinking pepsi, mounain dew, 7up and all other pepsi products is like drinking the blood of those patroitic Ethiopians violenly buchered by the Moudi endorsed TPLF army,ag'azi recently all over across the country.

Among the opposition leaders it is only Ato Lidetu Ayalew who is still under constant security survelance of the TPLF. That is fact. And it was Ato Lidetu Ayalew who courageuosly questioned the legality of a non-citizen, Moudi, who unconditionaly campaign for the killer TPLF in a sporting event. This is also fact. In his recent media release to the Ethiopian community living abroad Moudi treatened to take legal action(I would call it intimidation)against anybody who exposed his wrong deeds to the general public both outside(the Ethiopiawinet Dimits Radio,Ato Mirchaw) and inside(the PR chief of CUD,Ato Lidetu) of Ethiopia. That is the fact why Ato Lidetu is under constant survelace.

City: USA

Thank you brother,
Mamo doen't get it, it is like pouring water on a stone.
Arat-kilo

Arat Kilo I thought we made a truce. Why are you insulting me? Let us make a truce again. Peace brother.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Generdin

Moya Meyu,

You assert that "patroitic Ethiopians violenly buchered by the Moudi endorsed TPLF army, ag'azi recently all over across the country."

You either have language difficulty or your part of the brain that controls your ability to formulate a logical statement is screwed up. Why don't you try drinking Pepsi. It may help.

You continued, "In his recent media release to the Ethiopian community living abroad Moudi treatened to take legal action(I would call it intimidation)against anybody who exposed his wrong deeds to the general public both outside(the Ethiopiawinet Dimits Radio,Ato Mirchaw) and inside (the PR chief of CUD,Ato Lidetu) of Ethiopia. That is the fact why Ato Lidetu is under constant survelace."

What kind of crap is this?

Mamo Qilo

MODERATOR,

Look Mamo patronizing members of the forum!
Look what he wrote to Moya Meyu!
Insulting, patronizing:

"You either have language difficulty or your part of the brain ..."

".. Why don't you try drinking Pepsi.."

"...What kind of crap is this?..."
_____________________________________________________-

That is what I mean they spit across the table!
No tangeble answer, just insult after insult!
Be fair and treat all equal!
Art-kilo

Arat Kilo,

Can you and I be in peace? Why are you taking the side of Moya Meyu. All I told him is to drink Pepsi. Why would that be a crime and be a reason for two brothers sharing the same last name (Kilo and Qilo) to fight in public. I really want to make truce with you. Meanwhile let me know your mailing address, I will send you Pepsi Cola.

Mamo Qilo

We don't have the same last name at all!
You are quilo (a fool) mine is not disclosed.
Arat-kilo is as in Amst-kilo or sidest-kilo.
Gabish?
I see, you are not from AA, and you don't know where is AAU.
You came to US on transit visa, so you have no clue about these places.
I knew it, not only yopu haven't set a foot in US universities, but also in AAU.
Mamo,
Let me tell you moron!
Arat-kilo is my first name, it is one word, gabish?
Idiot (i.e. fool, or quill)!
Arat-kilo

Arat Kilo,

You said you name is Arat-Kilo as in Amst-Kilo or Sidest Kilo. Wedeyet Kefkef telaleh. I think it is mor elike hulet-Kilo and Soset-Kilo.

Let me ask one more time, why are you insulting me when I call for a truce? Youmust have taken my advice to "Drink Pepsi to kepp you awake." You are way passed your bed time. I told you Pepsi does miracles.

Mamo Qilo.

PS: I am having fun. Are you?

Bed time in DC not where I am!

I did answer to your why...? questions, it just moderator keep deleting it!

Basically what I wrote was that:
-You can't keep your word!
-I don't deal with a devil!
-a line from Tilahun's song 'yelibin serto yiker belugn..."
etc

I know you wont understand the line from Tilahun's song, after all you are a quil!

Arat Kilo

Good night my brother. You make my day brighter. You really do. For me arguing with you is pure and unadulterated fun. It really is.

Mamo Qilo