Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Moderator Why Were My Postings Removed?

I posted four messages toningt and two of them are deleted. I would like to ask you to repost them or give a public explanation why they were removed. Until then I will not participate on your forum. My views may be different from your but silencing opposing view that is articulated in a civil manner is wrong.

Mamo Qilo

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

Re: Moderator Why Were My Postings Removed?

I also need to protest as well. There was a posting in regards to Tigrean intellectual not speaking up. I had posted a reply to that and somehow it has dissapered

Please use existing discussion threads. Do not open a new thread unnecessarily.

Momo Qillo,

Please don't protest, we need your feedbacks.

Most people just complain, complain, complain, but you are very important to us.

Mamo should not get a special treatment!
Don't baby sit Mamo!
We all have to abide by the rules!
My postings have been removed and it is a thing of the past!
Get over it, Mamo!

Dear administrator,
I can ony tell you that my curiosity has gone way up. What could be something posted by Mamo Qilo which could be deleted? Can we have an idea of what the subject could be? choma neger yamelletegn new yemesselegn. woregna endatilugn!!
Adminstrator, Pls post it and let's be the judges of one of the most respected participant in this forum. Of course, in the process we will judge your fairness as well. Then we may agree like Arat Kilo did. Or....

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Why do I have a feeling that Mamo and Jadu are the same and one person?

Arat Kilo,
Have you seen what I posted? You failed to say anything there. It seems that you have been busy hitting as many postings since then, of course not those dealing with issues but those which would have no implication at all. This seems to me a deliberate effort so that those you think are important/"may be dangerous" would go way down that others wouldn't notice them. When I consider your support to silence Mamo, It makes my suspicions even stronger. I am having serious doubt that your motive could be more than personal obsession with the other guy.
Administrator, watch him out!!!
Sorry, I didn't help in clearing your suspicions.

Administrator watch him out?
Is that what you said Mamo (I mean Jadu, well the same person any way)?
You are thinking the same way Meles does, send security behind the oposition!
Jadu,
Don't get upset becouse i know who you are!

Did you read my comment on other subjects?
May be you should before you judge me, oh! sorry you don't know how to do that!

Jadu,

Here are the two Postings that were deleted by Moderator. In the meantime if ER does not provide me with a sensible explanation, I will move on to other forums where my words will not be silenced. Glad to see Arat Kilo is reinstated and hope that he will be a sensible contributor whether he is in support of EPRDF or not.

"'"'"'" Title: Reply to Stefan'"'"'"'"'"

Dear Stefan,

May God bless you for being a voice for the voiceless.
I assume you are an American. I am a Permanent
Resident in the US. It is unfortunate that our tax
money is financing state sponsored violence in
Ethiopia. The Prime Minister of Ethiopia is considered
to be "the most progressive African leader" by Mr.
Bush and Tony Blair. As a result he is getting
hundreds of millions of dollars every year from the
US, UK and EU. The Prime Minister is in charge of
Ethiopia's state security apparatus that is
terrorizing the people of Ethiopia, since the Prime
minister declared a de facto state of emergency. The
ultimate order to "shoot to kill" came directly from
him. If such a criminal is used as a show case for
progressive leaders in Africa, you can only imagine
what other autocratic governments our tax money is
financing. Is it not ironic that Americans, who
bravely fought and liberated Iraq from a mass
murderer, are financing and supporting a mass murderer
in Ethiopia?

Mamo Qilo

"'"'"'"Title: Please confirm'"'"'"'"'"

I hear that CUD leaders in Ethiopia were asked their opinion about OPDO's decision to move the capital city of Oromia and its government apparatus to Addis/Finfine. Their reply was that they would welcome it because it would create more jobs and revenues to the city of Addis. If this is indeed their reply it shows political maturity and sophistication.

Mamo Qilo

"'"'"'" Title: Reply to Stefan'"'"'"'"'"

My question to Moderator is why did you remove them. Yes, especially the second posting differs from ERs political views that insists OPDO's move is dangerous. I do not believe that is necessarily the case. If CUD leaders indeed made the statement attributed to them, they too do not seem to agree with the view ER entertains.

I have seen the above. I just couldn't get it. What could be the possible reason?

Mammo,
endaw ante degimo neger aygebahem. The moderator told you do not open another thread on the same topic. Use existing threads to discuss similar topics.

Moe,

First, most topics are interrelated. We cannot sit and try to figure out where our message fits and worry whether we should create a new thread or not.

Second, my second posting about CUD's reply on OPDO's decision to move its office to Addis is a significant issue and warrants a new topic.

Third, even assuming that I have violated ER's policy on this issue, was the decision to delete my posting justified. The whole purpose of the forum is to promote discussion and build consensus. So is it me (by opening a new topic when there is an open thread on a similar topic) or ER that killed my posting that have violated the whole idea of seeding and nurturing discussion?

A moderator should provide its readers and contributors the benefit of the doubt. Lest he would undermine the very effort (commendable effort I must say) he is putting in building his forum.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo kilo,
It's because you are boring.
Regards
Mosquito

Dear Mamo
I agree with you. They don't have to be deleted. But there should be some adjustment somtimes.Have you seen some postings? Several nonsense messages in a row. I remember a lot of garbage message posted by Arat Kilo. They are now deleted. Some of us are abusing this board.

City: Addis

Mamule,

I understand why some of Arat Kilos postings should be deleted. He was engaged in personal attacks, diatribe and rants without any substance - sometimes. That is a common practice in discussion forums. This is not the first time my postings have been deleted by moderator. I have noticed that he deletes messages that do not sit well with his opinion. None of my postings (at least not those deleted by Moderator) have any violation.

Mamo Qilo

Question to ER Moderator? What is your view on CUD's reply to the issue of OPDO's decision to move its caital and office to Addis?

Mamo qilo,

That's a wise decision that shows their political maturity.

Moderator,

Let me first apologize for implying you removed my posting (at least one) because my view was dirrefent from yours. Your answer proved me wrong. So my apologies for that.

I must however note that your suggestion directly or indirectly that my posting was removed because i started a new thrade when there was an other thread in the same topic. That does not appear to be the case.
Two examples: First as I am sure you know I was the first to call on CUD to start forming a government. It was after a week that you came to suggest forming a shadow government. Why did you start a new thread when there were one already in place.

Second, currently there are two threads on Lia Kebede. The two threads were one after the other most of the day. Not only that you posted messages on each.

You still owe me and your readers an explanation.

Mamo Qilo