Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What do you think, the out come of this election will be?

Is there anyone out there who can predict the out of this quagmire we are in? If the electroral board announces the Meles regime is the winner to form the next government, I don't think the people of Ethiopia will accept it, and that will lead to more bloodshed. If they announce the opposition is the winner, Meles and his stooges will do every thing possible to destablize the country before the transfer of power. One way or another our beloved country is in trouble, How are we going to get away from the dooms day scenario? can anybody enlighten me, show me a light at the end of the tunnel?
I have talked to a few Tigreans in the city I live in , they have their own fear, fear of the unknown if the oppositon is taking power, do you think freeing Siye Abraha will sooth some of the fear of our fellow Tigreans? if that is the case why not we raise this issue now so that we will take saome of the ardent supporters of Meles to our side. I know there are lots of questions to ask but these one's are mine. Please enlighten me without using vulgar words.

Email: trktaye@msn.com

City: Toronto

Re: What do you think, the out come of this election will be?

Taye,
The question you raised is a good one!
I don't think anyone will doubt that, well maybe a couple of them.
Here is my thinking:
First we have to let nature law take care of our fear!
As it has been said a lot of time, what we (humans of all race) have to fear is fear itself!
Meles is probably is using that as his guidance, because he his not afraid of consequences. He just does what he wants in his own interest. That doesn’t mean he will always win, but makes his decision-making easier.
He wants to continue being in power and abuse his power, and he is doing that.
He also calculates people’s (his opposition’s) move and find a way to handle it by any means necessary (forcefully or other wise).

Back to nature law, and your expression as you put it “…dooms day scenario”, I will say this:
By nature law Good always win over Evil, or Good always eventually wins over Evil!
As it has been in the history of the world, at the end Good overcomes Evil.

Now, let us go back to your question.
The worst thing we have to fear is fear of dooms day (a lot people have died and will die if we upraise or oppose the government etc).
The Meles government works on that fear!
Meles have massacre a lot of people with out any reason, just to show how far he is willing to go and intimidate the opposition party and the people following the party.
I am not saying that it is not wise to use your suggestion as you put it “…do you think freeing Siye Abraha will sooth some of the fear of our fellow Tigreans?…”, but that is the least we have to do.
We, if I am allowed to say we, have to mobilize further the already mobilized mass and come out to rebuke the Meles government.
Some of the questions the people can ask before seating into any kind of negotiation is:
1- Disarm and dismantle the Agazi forces and make illegal forming and participating in any special force that is not part of either the Justice system (the police) or the defense Minister (the armed forces, including but not limited to Air force, Navy etc).
2- Make the responsibility of the armed forces (thru some sort of constitutional law) to protect the people with out interfering with the political process.
3- Make the officials and members of the armed forces accountable for not protecting the people from force of genocide, or forces of foreign country or forces of any special force that is not formed by the order of the parliament with 60% or more vote!
4- Make officials and members of armed forces accountable for not dismantling forces acting against the people and are not formed by the parliament and acting with out the order of the parliament!
5- Make any force and/or the person responsible for forming and organizing it and ordering it with out the permission of the parliament be disarmed and taken to custody by armed forces of the country for legal action as stated by the parliament.
6- Make any action by any force against people of its country demonstrating peacefully be illegal.
7- No special force be formed with out the order of the parliament vote of 60% or more.
Etc
I hope that is good enough examples (1 to 7), but can be more or less.
The idea is to for and maintain a democratic process, there has to be a force that is not against the people and the armed forces not only have to be non-political but also responsible in protecting the people the process it self.

Taye:
Your questions seem interesting. I buy your idea.
Some times, nature can also provide solutions. What seems impossibel could be seen possible. We shall be optimistic.

Taye,i'll tell you this much as long as CIA,Tony Blair,EU,Israel with logestical support in billion dollars in the name of anti terrorism bill pouring and paying the cadres and agazzi salaries Melese will be on power for another bloody 5years that's my prediction in process Oromo and Amhara will be on cross road on Addis Ababa issues.It's a Woyane mess Ethio blood becomes a slaughter house in the final anlysis Ethiopia will still be here.Under Abraham lincoln leadership, the north vs south sacrificed over 400,000 soldiers what we call U.S.A today.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

I understand human fear, but our God protect us from blood shade. My question is do you believe in God, so don’t afraid. Meles he trust his own soldiers and guns, but he did not learn from derge. I do believe in God he protect all Ethiopians from blood shade. I know meles is communist and killed innocent civilian using force please, trust God he can change the situation for sake off Ethiopians.
God will deliver Ethiopians from evil.

God bless

Email: Noah_90045@yahoo.com

City: Los Angeles

Taye,
Why don't I see Mamo's and Jadu's comment on such a good topic instead of continuing their personal attack on me?

Arat Kilo,
Pls don't try to make yourself some body important. Isn't modesty part of our culture? Where did you lost it? May be, I didn't have as much "good" ideas about the subject as you do. Your attempt to level scores with me is a foiled effort from the outset. I didn't want to dwell much trying to make my point but if it may help you to understand how much I know you, here you go: You have posted 6 messages b/n 11:01-11:22, just after I posted mine at 10:56 which I think you felt needs to be pushed down. You weren't on the picture before that. All of those responses/postings were for persoanl and trivial issues. Interestingly, you made two "good" postings/responses on issues including the one here in the next couple of hours after I have brought this to the attention of people. Of course, we don't forget the fact that 100% of your posting before you were banned were on the Sheik. I might have been a bit paranoid here, but I couldn't help trying to satisfy my curiosity of getting to the buttom of your motives.I will keep enjoying your "enlightening" postings and continue to monitor your motives. But, I assure you that this will be my last personal message to you however much you try to make it a personal forum. You may as well ask people to vote on whether Jadu and Mamo being the same person. No, I amn't going to let you drag me with you.
Thank you and Good bye!

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

In this forum there are no too many pendantics except Arat kilo who try to give me a sensible answer. I was expecting some kind of visionary view from the forum paticipants, except praying to God. I'm not one of those who believe in supernatural power and expect miracles form heavenly skies. Normally you harvest what you sow, all the demonstration what we see right now will bring some kind of result but not what too many people expect. Do you think NEBE will change it's declared prvisional result on July 8? do you think the oppostion will come out as a winner of this election? I don't think so, things will stay the same. The Meles regime will some how manipulate NEBE and the international observers and form the next government and crush everyone by force unless the diaspora and the people at home have a clear strategy to fight them back. From what I see right now, no visible and viable plan is on the table.
I'm one of those who support for change, enough is enough with the Woyannes.

Email: trktaye@msn.com

City: Toronto

Taye,
Thank you for trying to get people engage and have as you put it a senseble idea to a real problem at hand.
I agree with you that there is no tangeble plan on the table as of today!
It is sad, but we have to push people to understand that at one point or another we have to face this question!
Arat-Kilo

My fellow Ethiopian people please hope for the best in this dangerous time. Avoid emotion as much as you can. History is out witness that people die unto country. Remember to respect laws, even laws which you think is wrong. If we violate any law we will be held responsible and can't persue out goal. Thus riot will not take us anywhere. We have lost many young lives yet did not change anything. In a very peacefull manner we shall come at the top and hence the will of people will prevail. Suppose election days would have been exciting not unresting!

Email: hopester@yahoo.com

City: usa

Hopster,
You want to talk about respect of the law?
Then, talk about Disarming and dismantleing the Agazi forces!
The Agazzian force is an illigal force acting against the people of Ethiopia!
This force has to be dismanteled!
Thus force has to be disarmed!
This force has no respect of the law, except the law itfollows, which is a fascist law!
Arat-kilo

the out come of the election is over gone conclusion the wayyane will lead u , the sad reality is they r 5%of the ethiopian population,that says alot about 95% of ethiopian population.

Email: mahari5@aol .com

City: london