Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
civic associations are coming to the defense of peaceful protestors

June 11, 2005
ethiopianreview.com

The Ethiopian Teachers Association (ETA) said today that it is joining the Free Press Journalists Association and other Ethiopian civic societies in condemning the violence against students and peaceful protestors.

ETA's chairman Dr Taye Woldesemayat said students and other citizens have the right to hold peaceful demonstrations, and no one can take away their civil rights.

He also said that all those arrested should be immediately released and investigation should be launched to find out who ordered the killing of unarmed civilians in the past few days of public uprising.

ETA also said the U.S. and EU must stop pressuring the opposition parties to sign any agreement that is against the will of the people.

The U.S. and EU are applying a lot of pressure on the opposition parties not to put any pre-condition on agreements.

But any agreement that doesn't require the following should not be signed:

1) Meles Zenawi must resign and face trial for ordering the mass murder of unarmed
civilians
2) Release all students, members of the opposition and others who have been arrested
3) Stop harassing opposition members and supporters
4) Lift the illegal ban on peaceful demonstrations
5) Disband the Agaazi force, which is Meles Zenawi's private army of blood thirsty killers
6) Allow the opposition parties to use the state-run TV and radios freely

In the mean time, the opposition parties need to form a commission that will set up a shadow cabinet that will be ready to form a government when Meles Zenawi is out. The opposition parties must do this as soon as possible.

Re: civic associations are coming to the defense of peaceful protestors

I agree nomore.If it is a must to sign the agreement;and only if the agrrement does not jeopardize the fight Ethiopians are waging against facism; preconditions should be put by the oppossition forces.At this juncture,we cannot bury our deads in silence and go home only to make a deal with officials whose hands are soiled with the blood of our martyrs.We have conscience,atleast,to bar us from accepting the call for a Tango dance (from any corner )with woyane.

Email: efrembsaba@aol.com

City: Arlington,VA

The Civic organisations have exactly reflected the people's need. The people are tired of the 14 years tyrant, imprudent ill-advised and ethnocentric rule. They are demanding nothing but the resignation of Meles. They wish to see the trial of Meles for his attrocities. The EU and America woudn't stop that.

Email: kinfuassefa@gmail.com

City: Amsterdam

The Mad Dogs are, thinking he can make it by arresting cud suppoters and detaining peacfull students and killing over 29 of them, several hundred of them seriesly injured. The Mad Dogs must face to crimenal charge. We must ask Toni Blare, Prisdent Bush and other Donate countries either be with The Mad Dogs or be with innocent ethiopians. The Mad Dogs are not Ethiopians. They are evil from no where. They can kill millons people, but they can't kill what is in the head of them. We all Ethiopians must be togther hold hand in hand. I assure you we can get ride of them in matter of hrs if not day. Then, The Mad Dogs will stay with thire tails.

Love Ethiopia, the innocent young students who gave their lives, will be rememberd forever. They are with us and we are with them.

It looks more and more the end of the Meles led brutality is coming to an end.

Bravo ETA , EFPJA etc for articulating in no uncerain words what needs to happen in order to continue the struggle to victory. What is needed now is solidarity among different parts of the population in pushing the struggle forward.

The resistance has to continue, Meles has to go. Ethiopians can not afford to have a killer in Arrat killo. That time has passed.

In solidarity
Mela

City: Toronto

The boldest and to the point. Keep up the great work! ETA.

It is very clear from Ethiopians all over, Ethiopians said and are saying. I don't like your honey. It tests soure, Take it with you or you will be taken apart. That is what Ethiopians are saying. NO need to recount or re-election. "ENOUGH OF YOUR HONEY" means enough. It does not test good.

adu

All victim Ethiopians of the melese regime must unite for the sake of their country and themselves. Don’t listen the evil propaganda by meles, bereket, addisu using the nation’s media as if it is their personal property to spread poison between people in order they benefit from it. The people of Ethiopia being emotional, powerful, tactical and brave against especially the above mentioned three cruel wild animals. Be tolerate and understandable with each other. melese and his evil groups will do anything to destroy Ethiopia. Among the other they will do anything to make the population fighting each other. this is their secret and open idea to stay on power and until their aim destroying Ethiopia is finalized. The people of Ethiopia you all are the victim to this regime. don't listen them. don't afraid them. Continue with the fight against them with anymeans necessary. If you leave them to stay even for a few months more, they will kill us one by one. Every part of the society must see the country’s mater as the matter of all. Not only in Addis Ababa but also all over cities, towns and villages must actively involve as one force. The people of tigry also must understand that if they are not more, for sure they are not less Ethiopian. The majority of the Ethiopian people also understand that you are also the victim by people who are saying come from you to benefit you. They are using tactic by telling you that the Ethiopians are going to kill you if they leave the power. Do you think even for a second that because of you are from tigry province and the Ethiopians will kill you? There is no difference between you and the rest of the Ethiopian people. But there is a very big different between us and the few criminals who are ruling Ethiopia with pain and destruction using you as a cover. We know melese zenami is an eritrean as his mother is. Bereket simon also is an Eritrea. seyum mesfim's wife is also an Eritrea. People like these are not representing you. They are giving our land to Eritrea. They made us landlocked. The true Ethiopians of the tigry origin are outside the country or in prison by this barbaric regime. so, you have the knowledge about these few criminals and the people of tigry must join with other part of the Ethiopian people with the fight against the melese bereket eritrean regime. All Ethiopian are dying. It is not appropriate silently to see when your brothers and sisters are dying and affecting badly by a regime that says is representing the people of tigry. In the name of the Ethiopian people I ask the people of tigry to oppose this cruel regime with strike, demonstration and if it is necessary, also with force. you are not fight the battle of adwa, against dergue or eritrea by your self. As much as millions of Ethiopians from all over the country paid their life and property to your well being. So, where are you now when the nation is facing the very bad enemies who are saying belongs to you? If you are not openly denounce them soon rather than letter, you also will be accounted with the crime they are committing against the Ethiopian people. Your life without being part of Ethiopia as brothers and sisters will be short and painful.
Members of the EPRDF also must see their stand clearly. Are they still supporting the TPLF regime that secretly had its own killing force or are they with the Ethiopian people? The Ethiopian people know that many members of the EPRDF are the true Ethiopians. So, you must denounce publicly that you are not part of the coalition that is to benefit only the TPLF.
The police, the security forces and the military must stand against melese bereket addisu Ethiopian destruction plan and be with their Ethiopian brothers and sisters. They must use their knowledge and weapon against melese force, the agazie( agoza) not against the Ethiopian people.
Again we all must unite. Don’t accept the hate propaganda of melese. We lived together. We continue together for years to come. Tigre, Amhara, Oromo, Afar, Sidama, Gurage, ogade--- all are Ethiopians. Ethiopian will be for Ethiopians soon. But we all have to fight, not retreat, afraid, ignored. Melese regime is going to be finished. It must finish now. One more day melese means more destruction and death.
I’m with you, all Ethiopians. You are with me, too. We are with each other.
Intensify the fight against your real enemy. Melese and his secret militia( agoza) are our enemies. The ETA, transport workers, and every pert of the society don’t give up. Handful criminals such as meles, bereket and addisu must hammered before you return to your duty. With them on power, the situation will be worst. Now they are already became mad wild animals. So, destroy them before they destroy us.

Email: belay@hotmail.com

City: atlanta

More should be done than just condamening

I have heard with great entusiasism the news that different civic organisation are unified in con****ing the ruthless and brutal act of the Melse-Bereket regime.

Though we all ethiopians welcomed this honorable move by the civic and humaniterian organisations in the support and defense of the civic society, I strongly believe that more should be done than just condamening the cwardly and undemocratic act of the government by supporting the victimes and their relatives. It is up to these organisations and the opposition parties to identify the victimes, notify it on public,asses their situation and coordinate all kind of humaniterian and legal help to address their need. By doing so we can sustain the struggle of those thousands of ethiopians who are brutually murdered and thrown in to a torture chamber.

And this is high time for both the civic society and the opposition leaders to fend for and champion the cause that the millions are dying for by commemorateing them.

Support the families and relatives of the deads and the injured!!!!!

Email: beniam_w@hotmail.com

City: Stockholm

My name is Belay. If you call me Belay Zeleke I will be very happy but I’m not deserved to be called as if I’m one of the few world heores as Belay zeleke is. I’m still sitting infront of my computer to fight my enemy with my head. But if the balance of the fight is not matching it could be like looking water in the Saharan desert. My enemy that is the enemy of the Ethiopian people is still using imported weapons to kill its own people. He doesn't understand the changes of the games. He still uses his mind to commit crime to benefit from it rather than discussion and understanding to benefit all of us.
My enemy believes on killing innocent people and destroy their property in order to have a life that would be a restless life. What can i do when I face a very cruel enemy who is not understands the word I say and the action I do? Do I just sit and wait until he comes to kill me while I’m still believing with dialog and understanding. Or do I have act the way Belay Zeleke acted against his country enemy?
Belay zeleke is exceptional not only in Ethiopia but all aver the world. He is the history of the world too. As the history book says that there is nobody in world history as Belay Zeleke is that he organized and became able to lead up to 500 000 unprofessional forces who had love and commitment to their people and country. Belay zeleke the Engel of the soma bereha, the tiger and the lion to his enemy. But his close sons and daughters in Gojjam especially in Motta, bichena most of them from east gojjam are now joining with the enemy against their own brothers and sisters. In the place of Belay zeleke that was the symbol of justice, truth, unity and hard work is now become the place of the hodams, kehadis, foolish, Feris, aderbiys . The skeleton and spirit of the parents and grand parents to the present gojjam people Egziabheer Yatnachuh. your children became against each other to benefit their common enemy which is also the enemy of Ethiopia, the TPLF regime. When west Gojjam rejected them, east Gojjam the birthplace of heroes embraced them by using vote rigging and intimidation their own family members and neighbours. Joro ayisma, ayenem ayiy, the birthplace of Belay zeleke, Addis Alemayehu--- become the place of division to benefit their common enemy. When I heard except Motta and debre markos, the rest of east gojjam went to the people enemies, the TPLF, I couldn't believe. I know the people of my region. If they were not cheated, no one would choose the TPLF tail which are the ferefari anshy candidates in any place of Gojjam. The same time I’m proud of the reaction of the west Gojjam. So, now I’m waiting to be victorious and proud, after I see the son and daughter of Belay zeleke to act the same as west gojjam did. The territory of gojjam as part of Ethiopia is decided from the beginning of creation by the creator. It is guarded and blessed by Nile. Abay is the natural fence to the beautiful house, Gojjam. So, people from one house must agree and unite in important cases including in election process. East, west, north and south gojjam must unite. If there is a big different in a family who is living in one house as the people of gojjam are, there will not be happiness and progress in the family. woyane backed Amharas who were happy to give the fertile and breath taking land from Gonder and wollo to Tigry are your enemies rather than representatives. They are the after birth not the child to a beautiful and brave gojjam woman. They are not the examples of hard working, determined and truthful fathers from gojjam.
The people of Gojjam, you know how the azmari is singing about Belay Zeleke and his patriotic hundreds of thousands of fighters. be his follower not his enemies. The people of motta, bichena, enesse, enarge enawga, debay telat gend, dejen, lumamie, yejubie, debre markos, amanuel, denbecha, gozamen, debre elias and the rest of east Gojjam region who is the place of brave, strong, truthful and hard working people must unite ideologically with west gojjam including metekel and be as a strong and victorious one force. You are the son and daughter of Belay zeleke. How is it possible woyane/tigry originated few criminals became able dividing you to their benefit. Those who are working with woyane backed party must stop their criminal acts against their own people and be for the whole gojjam, Ethiopia. If the situation is not solved with discussion and the truth about the election is not respected, I see you my brothers and sisters all over gojjam in Soma bereha, in Metekel, in Abay gorge which is 980 km. there will not be problem with water while abay is there, food the wild animals and plants are there, a cover, the place is the place of Belay zeleke. We know the ordinary gojjam people, they are giving time before they started the fire, if they started the fire once, no one stop them. It is like in their blood. Their weapon is their heart and mind. They afraid nobody. They like to die with dignity rather than to live with pain and shame.
If woyane must not accept the defeat also in east gojjam, you have to fight them and their associate who are saying they are from you. They are hodams and bad children’s of yours. They don't even care when enemy gets lots of benefit from you in the last 14 years. So, start from your home to continue until Ethiopia become free from woyane.

Email: belay@hotmail.com

City: atlanta

I think you guys are really unfair and biased when it comes express our opinions truly. why do you have to deleted messages that don’t agree with your idea? You have deleted several times my voice. you have been crying for not been heard your voice but what you guys doing the same thing like EPRDF denied any right who don’t agree with you, forget you guys I can feel the democracy you ready to give Ethio people even you can’t post my message that don’t agree with your point of view, this is just sad.

Email: muller555@hotmail.com

City: kenya

Beleay, if you are really seriously about it please start with you and we will follow okay brother. I think you have a good idea for Ethiopia that’s what we want but you should started it instead of leaning to some one after you die I will follow your footstep be a row model trust me liberty comes with coast not just by dreaming and treating the entire society.

Email: muller555@hotmail.com

City: kenya

I was hearing the conversation with Dr. Taye. I do not recall him saying anything about setting up a shadow cabinet. With due respect, but is there perhaps a way of separating what he said from the possible logical conclusion (if that indeed is what this is about) with which the piece you posted concludes?

Email: tsehaibs@eircom.net

City: Buttevant

dr taye, the teachers and journalists are great. but where are the priests and other men of religion? why are they silent when innocent people are killed?

Great job ETA, as always.

We wan't to see more of such practical move. Dr Taye is always the unflinching son of Ethiopia. He should come forward and lead the popular move. I think the politicians have started worrying about their future parlimenatry seats.
Dr Taye had predicted all this before the election. He warned all of the opposition politicians to get prepared for the election aftermath. He had said if our people are free they will reject TPLF but he warned TPLF won't conceeed defeat and will try to cling to power using any means available.
what has happened is exactly what Dr Taye predicted.
He is a political scientist and he better come to the center to give political leadership to the amateur politicians who are giving incoherent statement after statement confusing the whole country.
Taye is the BEST!
Come Taye Come!

Yes! What ETA is saying is correct. Don't forget, we said no to preconditions before the elction. Hence, the consequence. You should know that the WOYANES do no have the word 'scruples' in their dictionary. One thing should be clear: WOYANE is not equal to YETIGRAY HIZB!!!
So, when I say Woyane I mean that clique of Meles who is destroying Ethiopia and harassing, wounding, putting in jail and massacring thousnads of Ethiopians. To evedence that, please, see for yourself the horrifying images circulating in the net.
WE NEED THE CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN THIS CRITICAL TIME WE ARE IN. ETA IS DOING THAT- BRAVO!!!

Email: esksolo@yahoo.co.uk

City: London

What can I say? How can I explain my agreement. It was just as if finding someone talking and using your mind. It was a great point. This is the sort of writings I want to hear from our leaders at home. We will all learn anyway, so long as there are some teachers.

Email: b_btaye@hotmail.com

City: London

Eskinder, I agree with you. That is what the Tigreay Hezb need to understand and stand with the ethiopian people. With out hiding the fact, they have more access to the evil Meles Regime. Their particpation will save huge number of human life if time cames to the worest. Long live our people and Ethiopia. Amen Under GOD.

Re: Can you see the double standard here:

1. When CUD win land-slid in Addis Ababa, the Calvinistic Amharic claim it is nothing to do with Meles ethnic
2. When CUD win land-slid in Addis Ababa the Calvinistic Amharic claim it is patriotic vote.

The fact the matter is the Addis Ababa Calvinistic Amharic vote based on ethnic line. We did not see 95% support for CUD… Dictator reserved 95% for themselves.. Even Dictator never claimed more then 95% vote… when it comes to CUD the Calvinistic Amhara voted 100% for CUD..

The sad truth is those same Calvinistic Amhara cry foul when the same thing happened in Makele..

Some of you think Addis are not only Amhara… Get this the Amhara brainwash you for last 100Years… even the oromo in Addis think OLF is anti oromo

To Ethiopian review try to delete my post now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

City: aa

Tulu, pls explain wat you meant by calvintic. The pragmatic or the trade mark?

Hi confussed,

It meant both calvintic. The pragmatic and the trade mark? The Amhar trade mark is as you put it well Hard-headed Chauvinistic is a Registered trademark of Amhara

Tulu, I totally agree with you brother, speak up lets see what is their democracy? Do you think those people do know about democracy they are all ruminant animals ready to chew Tigray people matter fact Tigray watching you ever closely till you move become more forcefully. You know I don’t care if Meles removed from his position through peace full means I will be glade to support but what strike me is about all Amhara getting more racist than ever and calling Tigray people racist. This is very sad moment to all Ethiopians but don’t you dare abandoned the peace what already started believe me people no one will be the winner take my word. My advise is stop warning and degrade to the whole society instead communicate and tell your story what happen to you? Why it’s happen?

Email: kerfafa@hotmail.com

City: Gojjam

Kerfafa, Tulu, and Meles

You are PARANOID.

What is the matter? Are you seeing the END?

The Congressional Black Caucus Have been invited to the Ethiopian embassy in DC. The reaseon is to misinform them since they started questioning the Bush Administration for ignoring the crises in ethiopia.
Please call them soon before they get misinformed.
(202) 263 2800

Email: ethio@hotmail.com

City: DC

The American Black caucus are a bunch of idiots who have no idea where Ethiopia on map.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

The CUD manifesto(rule)the best of best for all Ethiopians we should give them a chance.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

Hey guys,

Please don't argue among yourselves for wrong reason. There is no such a thing like Amhara supremacy in Ethiopia at this very moment. You are wrongly informed about that. Majority of Ethiopians believe that Ethiopia is for all of us; whether we are the majority or minority, ethnic wise. If you look at the members of CUD or UDEF they represent different ethnic and religion societies, not only Amhara. For example, Dr. Berhanu Nega and Dr. Yakob of CUD are Gurage; Ato Bedru Hussen is Muslim; I know a CUD central committee member who is Kembata; Dr. Beyene Petros of UDEF is Hadiya; Dr. Merara Gudina is Oromo; I also know that there are Tigrians who are members of UDEF and so on. Therefore, there is no such a thing of Amhara dominant party, if we look deeply in to this.

Why don't we focus on the bigger picture, i.e., Ethiopia? We all are ethiopians and are one people. We might have differences in attitude, but we can compromise on that. Even kids from same parents are different. Let's respect our differences and unite for common interest; Peace, poverty eradication, loving and respecting eachother, having equal rights and obligations to pull our country from this hell and share the fruit, etc. Let's not waste our energy on something else that doesn't exist. EPRDF knew very well our weaknesses and playing with that. Don't give in for its game please.

I write you as an Ethiopian living in Ethiopia. Let God help us with this thing. This is a difficult time.

PBP please CUD represents only Amhara not Tigrians just give me any name who held positions from Tigray? Apparently EPRDF has also different ethnic like Amara, Oromo, Islam, Christian etc. Here is my question please name any one from Tigray held position inside CUD? to me all of them are Amara the names you mentioned. How could Tigrian people will trust CUD if you don’t include them in your power? Another question also how many Tigrians hold higher positions in the current government? and name all of them make it clear for me PBP since you sound moderate not like those hard core anti Tigraians.

Name JUST one Tigrean in CUD? You must be kidding "Gojamew" or whatever your Woyane-given name is. How about Dr. Hailu Araya who is a proud Ethiopian of Tigrean origin. Why don't you find another place to spread your divisive Woyane propaganda. You are too transparent here! There is no more place for agent provocateurs like you.

Email: ange@UAA.Alaska.Edu

City: Anchorage, Alaska

Gebeyehu first of all show me love doma ras, I thought your democrat who can accommodate or communicate with some one who don’t agree with? You mentioned one, which is represent 5 million Tigrians? Can you tell me the position he held?

Sorry that the truth appears to have offended you. Be that as it may, Dr. Haile Araya is Vice President the United Ethiopian Democratic Party, one of the major coalition members of CUD. He spoke to one of the largest assembly of Ethiopians today from Ethiopia about the fascistic repression that has been unleashed by the Woyane on the Ethiopian people. Any reasonable person would not fail to see through Woyane's blunders. Only those suffering from and blinded by Woyane's ethnic poison can fail to see the dark clouds hanging over our people and the region.

Email: ange@UAA.Alaska.Edu

City: Anchorage, Alaska