Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I smells something

I just found this news today... and I smells something... What do you think countrymen?

Executive Committee of OPDO moves capital city to Finfinne

Addis Ababa, June 10.2005 (WIC)-The Executive Committee of the Oromo People Democratic Organization (OPDO) has decided Finfinne or Addis Ababa to be the capital city of the Oromia State.

In a statement sent to WIC today, the Executive Committee said that though the state's constitution, amended in 2002 stipulates that Adama is the capital of the state, the new decision is made in accordance with the interest of the vast majority of the Oromo people who wanted Finfinne to be the seat of the Oromia state.

The Organization has taken the new decision in keeping with the interest of the people, adding that the state government would make constitutional amendment to help facilitate the implementation of the decision.

It recalled that the Addis Ababa Administration and the Ministry of Federal Affairs have conducted joint study over the past two years to determine the special privileges and benefits of Oromia over Finfinne.

The Executive Committee of OPDO has decided to make moves towards the practical implementation of the study on the special privileges that the Oromia state has on Finfinne, it added.

The Executive Committee meanwhile called on the public to rally behind OPDO to maintain the democratic victory that was gained through elections as well as in further consolidating the ongoing development.

It said the elections have laid foundation for the development of a democratic system in the country in which the Oromo people and OPDO have come out victorious.

Email: rshemsu@yahoo.com

City: Japan

Re: I smells something

It sounds like Meles is trying to speed up things.

This shows OPDO is asserting itself. Until recently like all parties and organizations under the tutelage of TPLF, they were told what to do, what to dress and when to raise their hands. The election has proven one thing: Meles is vulnerable and he sure is no longer invincible. That means they do not need to submit to his wishes and orders. This is a good sign. OPDO is showing independence. This will creat rift between OPDO and TPLF. Sorry Meles, your days are numbered. And OPDO has only 30 some seats, not enough to distabilize Ethiopia, but more than eneough to treaten EPRDF that if it leaves EPRDF, Meles would lose big time.

Mamo Qilo aka
Bula Geberdin

Ethiopian Reject any Dealing With Meles: Beware opposition

Some of the oppositions are telling us that they have reached an agreement with Meles, they must be crazy.
Ethiopians are rejecting that nonsense, and have continued with the strike. Meles must be brought to justice!

Let us wait and see.

Email: kaki

City: aa

It is a message to the opposition parties that "if you are not willing to share seats with us (TPLF/EPRDF), you will be raided by the wild OPDO."
Indeed, they have trained wild animals who ate their own children, brothers and sisters (remember, OLF was disbanded by OPDO, not TPLF). When it comes to being wild, I believe OPDO soldiers are worse than Agaziea.

City: NYC

Shut-up and Grow up EPDRF. I think this is your last option.

City: Falls Church